Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Yeah, the way they're incorporating him is starting to annoy me, and I'm actually for Felicity getting on with her life and having a love interest that isn't Oliver. Can we see Felicity's place without Ray being there (or anyone but Felicity being there)? Not gonna judge until I see the ep, not gonna judge before I see the ep...

This is my problem with what we've got so far for Felicity's life outside of the Arrowcave. It's been very Ray centred when what I wanted was a life outside Oliver, not just a LI. Life that includes friends, family frikin' speed dating! Now I may be jumping the gun so far, and we might see better in episodes to come, but for reals? I always pictured Diggle seeing her apartment first. Or the entire team seeing it before someone outside their group.

Yeah, I'm hoping that's not the way it actually goes. Yeah, Felicity could write a Fort Knox-esque program that is impossible to hack, but as its creator she should be able to stop it - no one would be stupid enough to write a destructive program that they themselves couldn't stop. Unless her boyfriend at the time was a great hacker too, and he somehow altered it. IDK

That's what I'm thinking, that she wrote a program that may be benign but her crazy ex turned it into a malicious program.

• Love 4

If she wrote it, wouldn't she know how to stop it? Or maybe it's been altered too much? Or maybe that's not even how the scene really goes ...

Lmao I sort of see it as Felicity playing chess with herself. Granted, you'd know if Felicity made a virus, she would make it almost impossible to stop it. She is a genius :p

• Love 1

@Limbo I think I need Felicity speed dating now. LOL

It looks like the Ex has minions. Whatever he is involved in looks a lot bigger then getting back at an Ex. Unless Felicity really screwed him over. Which would be interesting.

I'm still liking Ray, but I wasn't happy to see him in Felicity's apartment. Mama Smoak meeting Ray at work I'm cool with, but at her apartment seems too personal too soon. Granted its totally work related, but still I don't want to see it right now. 

There's no way Ray should be at her apartment. If it was her day off and he needed urgent help, he should have called her. They are just forcing him way too much into her life and they're not even friends yet! I'm sorry but this is so creepy. 

• Love 2

Oh and about the Sara flashbacks... I don't think it's appropriate to call them Sara flashbacks because I don't think they're necessarily be about her. I think it'll be more about Nyssa and advancing her character and seeing a different side of HER not Sara. It'll be about how Nyssa was different with Sara and how the LoA operated. So yeah, it won't be Sara flashbacks. It'll be Nyssa flashbacks with Sara in it. 

There's no way Ray should be at her apartment. If it was her day off and he needed urgent help, he should have called her. They are just forcing him way too much into her life and they're not even friends yet! I'm sorry but this is so creepy. 

Maybe he did call her and she did ask him to come by? I'm trying really hard not to be annoyed by it since we don't know the whole story and these promos sometimes get cut in misleading ways, so what we're seeing may not be what we get.

I'm happy getting more Felicity in whichever way I get it, so ultimately I'm not going to complain, but I think it's interesting that Felicity's identity question per the producers is whether she exists as more than the object of Oliver's crush and whether she has a life outside of the team and then they write the show so that nearly every one of her scenes outside of the team is with some other dude whose, you know, crush object she is at a job that seems to be becoming her life. Plus side is that at least she's getting recognized professionally and is doing rewarding work now, so I'll take that as a positive when I start to get negative about it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7

Maybe he did call her and she did ask him to come by? I'm trying really hard not to be annoyed by it since we don't know the whole story and these promos sometimes get cut in misleading ways, so what we're seeing may not be what we get.

I'm happy getting more Felicity in whichever way I get it, so ultimately I'm not going to complain, but I think it's interesting that Felicity's identity question per the producers is whether she exists as more than the object of Oliver's crush and then they write the show so that nearly every one of her scenes outside of the team is with some other dude whose, you know, crush object she is. Plus side is that at least she's getting recognized professionally and is doing rewarding work now, so I'll take that as a positive when I start to get negative about it.

Good point. That's very true. I just find it so hard to see past how contrived this all is. We've had two seasons of not seeing Felicity's house and when we finally do, Ray's there. It just feels very forced, at least to me. I am very happy we're getting more of Felicity though.

And I agree completely about the identity question. I'm all for her having a life outside of the team but it's very odd that scenes of this life involves Ray. I guess that's why it feels contrived because I know exactly why they're doing it. 

• Love 2

I'm happy getting more Felicity in whichever way I get it, so ultimately I'm not going to complain, but I think it's interesting that Felicity's identity question per the producers is whether she exists as more than the object of Oliver's crush and whether she has a life outside of the team and then they write the show so that nearly every one of her scenes outside of the team is with some other dude whose, you know, crush object she is at a job that seems to be becoming her life. Plus side is that at least she's getting recognized professionally and is doing rewarding work now, so I'll take that as a positive when I start to get negative about it.

The bold, italics I'm so with you.

I'm waiting for when Felicity becomes the leading lady in her own life.

• Love 1

I don't know what Ray could possibly want at her place. It all seems very weird. He does have an agenda, and I want to know sooner than later what it is because he starts to become creepy. And maybe it is just me but I don't think their chemistry is so so wonderful. It could be but the fact that he is everywhere now makes me not like the pairing. What I don't understand: If Ray is so smart and into technology why can't he solve the problems himself. Why does he need her to do it? )Maybe since they paid BR they want to use him as much as possible. )

But from the looks of it Mama Smoake won't disappoint. But I will be really upset if she does not get to meet Oliver. I want her to meet Oliver (not Arrow Oliver just Oliver) Somehow I fear that she will only meet the Arrow.

• Love 2

I really do hope Felicity invited him to drop by her place for something work related. I really really do because if not I just don't know if I could really buy him as a love interest. It's the whole 3 strikes and you're out thing. First strike was in the first episode where he stalked her, second was in the second episode where he bought Tech Village just to get Felicity which was creepy... It really has nothing to do with Oliver or Diggle but more to do with why the hell is this guy trying to impose himself in every aspect of Felicity's life :p It's just weird considering they've only known each other for what? A month?

Also, I'm a bit miffed that it was Ray Palmer who got to meet Mama Smoak first, I was hoping it would've been Diggle. It would've been a wonderful scene. I just value Felicity's relationship with Diggle FAR more than hers with Ray. 

I am silently hoping that the writers don't use this episode as a way to establish a romance with Ray. I don't want that AT ALL. Maybe in a different episode, but not this. I've waited two years for an episode about Felicity that I don't have time for this Ray crap. I just want Felicity, her flashbacks, to see her relationship with her mother, and seeing Felicity kick ass with Team Arrow. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 6

We know from SA twitter that he films a scene with CR. He said it was a lot fun. Looking forward to it.

Its hard to think of a reason why Ray would be there because it is really inappropriate for a boss just to drop by in the morning. I wonder if its related to what he found out QC was into in the last episode. It's in my wait and see column.

I can't wait for Mama Smoak. Looking forward to that more then anything. And the Ex is getting more interesting.

• Love 2

I'm going to try and focus on the fact that Mama Smoak looks amazing and super fun and ignore the Ray stuff. I wonder if there's a reason she's so excited or if that is her default. 

Well she hasn't seen her daughter in 2+ years? Maybe that's why :p Plus she seems like a very energetic woman! I wouldn't put it past her to flirt with Ray in her initial scenes lol

Wasn't there a picture or video posted on twitter which showed EBR filming a scene with the ex boyfriend and a load of FBI agents? Maybe Felicity's ex went to jail and it's partly Felicity's fault? Or maybe he blames Felicity in some way? The ex definitely holds a grudge for something.

I'm wondering if he took the fall for something Felicity did or if she took him down (I'm leaning towards that option). 

Yeah, it might have something to do with that scene we saw during filming of him being dragged away by the feds.

Well she hasn't seen her daughter in 2+ years? Maybe that's why :p Plus she seems like a very energetic woman! I wouldn't put it past her to flirt with Ray in her initial scenes lol

Well, we don't know when the last time Felicity saw her was - hopefully it hasn't been that long. And I hope she flirts with anyone and everyone.

Edited by apinknightmare

Wasn't there a picture or video posted on twitter which showed EBR filming a scene with the ex boyfriend and a load of FBI agents? Maybe Felicity's ex went to jail and it's partly Felicity's fault? Or maybe he blames Felicity in some way? The ex definitely holds a grudge for something.

Or maybe Felicity was the REASON the guy's in jail? She ratted him out to the FBI because he was going to do nefarious things with the virus she created? I don't think she created the virus to be used. Maybe she was sweet talked into making it. I think that could be a great reason for this guy to come back with a vengeance. He probably just got released from jail or something.

Nevermind lol. I just saw that scene again and it looked like Felicity was upset to see the FBI take him away. Maybe he did take the fall for her? hmm

Edited by wonderwall

Its hard to think of a reason why Ray would be there because it is really inappropriate for a boss just to drop by in the morning. I wonder if its related to what he found out QC was into in the last episode. It's in my wait and see column.

I almost feel we can assume Ray popped by unannounced because she's in pajamas. If you're meeting your boss in the early morning you'd at least put proper clothes on no?

I'm definitely leaning towards Felicity's ex took the wrap for their program. Or his program that she helped with, but he's bitter because she didn't stay in contact? Like perhaps Felicity decided to move on with her life and that included leaving that life behind because who knows, but he said "You never forget your first love" which can mean she doesn't or he didn't.

Edited by Limbo

There was that photo going around of Nolan Funk(that's the actor right?) holding ice over his nose because EBR punched him. Was that Felicity punching him or was that the EBR being clumsy or something? 

(edited)

I think it was a stunt, Felicity punching Cooper and EBR accidentally hit Nolan while filming the scene. This hopefully means Felicity punched present day Cooper as part of her escape/rescue Mama Smoak

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

The repeated bashing on Laurel the character and Katie Cassidy the actress has crossed the line. We are not going to go back and delete or move anything, but going forward, let's keep this in mind; you don't have to like Laurel or Katie Cassidy, just as other posters are not required to hate either of them. Continued and/or repeated posts saying the same thing over and over again will be deleted. Also, just because you think it, does not mean it needs to be put on the internet; think before you post. There are people who are not comfortable with reading in here because of the vitriol against the character and actress, and frankly, that includes the mods. The tone of a number of the Laurel-hating posts leaves much to be desired, so reel it in please. Going forward, we will be watching and posts may be deleted or edited.

Your mods,

@Lisin, @MostlyC, @SilverStormm, and

• Love 3

I actually want Ray to be this stalkish-slimy guy who visits Felicity in the morning (or maybe drives her mother there, I don't know) in order to get into Felicity's good graces. I want him to make a move on her while trying to comfort her crying, only for Felicity to raise an eyebrow and ask (in the typical Felicity fashion) "What do you think you're doing?"

I actually want Ray to be this stalkish-slimy guy who visits Felicity in the morning (or maybe drives her mother there, I don't know) in order to get into Felicity's good graces. I want him to make a move on her while trying to comfort her crying, only for Felicity to raise an eyebrow and ask (in the typical Felicity fashion) "What do you think you're doing?"

You know, I think I want this, too. I want him to be so inappropriate that Felicity shuts him down cold. No romance, just a friendly, professional relationship. Felicity can grow personally and professionally without having a love interest, and Oliver can either get his shit together or not.

But yeah, I know that's not where the Show is headed unfortunately. I am keeping hope in my heart that this next episode does Felicity Smoak right. She's the only reason I stuck with this show and she (and EBR) deserves a great episode focusing on her. 

• Love 5

I'm kind of scared that we're going to get this:

I actually want Ray to be this stalkish-slimy guy who visits Felicity in the morning (or maybe drives her mother there, I don't know) in order to get into Felicity's good graces. I want him to make a move on her while trying to comfort her crying,

Without this:

only for Felicity to raise an eyebrow and ask (in the typical Felicity fashion) "What do you think you're doing?"

They're writing to plot way more than usual this season, so...I don't have much faith in her calling him out. Prove me wrong, please....

• Love 4

With this and the screenshots from the episode, I'm just going to lower my expectations slightly. 

On the plus side, Mama Smoak seems really awesome. We've only got a couple of seconds, and from that, I'm already excited to meet her. She seems like a completely different character to anyone we've had on Arrow, maybe like a hyper Felicity. Hopefully she'll add a bit more fun to what has been a pretty gloomy season so far. 

• Love 4

I was least interested in the boyfriend when spoilers started coming out. I wanted her backstory to focus on her relationship with her mother and MIT. However, I did not see them turning that ex into the episodes villain. Now thats interesting. 

Surprised that promo spoiled the ex boyfriend being the  villain. The American promo was obviously trying to keep it a secret. 

Well it wouldn't exactly be a spoiler to anyone on the internet because it's kind of obvious :p 

Well it wouldn't exactly be a spoiler to anyone on the internet because it's kind of obvious :p 

haha yeah true it was kinda obvious  I guess. But it wouldn't be to people just watching the promo... So I guess they spoiled it for people in Asia haha. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

haha yeah true it was kinda obvious  I guess. But it wouldn't be to people just watching the promo... So I guess they spoiled it for people in Asia haha. 

Haa! different continent different viewing habits.

you're assuming that viewers outside the US (i think Singapore is where that promo is from) care about the same things as US viewers do. hence why each country has a different promo, they are able to put in the points that they know will attract their country viewers.

notice that the Singaporean promo put an emphasis on Mama Smoak and Felicity relationship. while the American on the action and mystery. and than there was the NZ promo which i'm not sure what that was about.

notice that the Singaporean promo put an emphasis on Mama Smoak and Felicity relationship. while the American on the action and mystery. and than there was the NZ promo which i'm not sure what that was about.

This makes me want to move to Singapore (it just sucks that it's a more expensive city than London... damn) because they know what I like :p

I would miss chewing gum though... Damn. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

Haa! different continent different viewing habits.

you're assuming that viewers outside the US (i think Singapore is where that promo is from) care about the same things as US viewers do. hence why each country has a different promo, they are able to put in the points that they know will attract their country viewers.

Haha I know that different countries care about different things. I'm actually Canadian and the promos are generally more action packed then the American ones. Like the Canadian promos for season 3. had so much emphasis on Ra's Al Guhl lol. I'm just surprised they spoiled the main villain being the ex-boyfriend since the other promos I've seen, including the Canadian one, tried to keep it hidden and they didn't spoil it in the official description, and it seems like it's supposed to be a  "huge reveal" in the episode. 

Edited by ban1o

This makes me want to move to Singapore (it just sucks that it's a more expensive city than London... damn) because they know what I like :p

I would miss chewing gum though... Damn. 

Hey! I like London. Only ever been there once... 14 years ago, but i liked what i saw. lol.

Hey! I like London. Only ever been there once... 14 years ago, but i liked what i saw. lol.

Psh Singapore is beautiful. I go there every year :) Plus London hasn't really changed all that much over the years, Singapore 14 years ago was pretty much a forest :p Jk... not really. 

Anyways, it excites me greatly to see Arrow being shown in Asia/Australia/NZ/Canada on the same day as the US. I think it's smart. 

Psh Singapore is beautiful. I go there every year :) Plus London hasn't really changed all that much over the years, Singapore 14 years ago was pretty much a forest :p Jk... not really. 

Anyways, it excites me greatly to see Arrow being shown in Asia/Australia/NZ/Canada on the same day as the US. I think it's smart. 

it's not showed in Australia the same day i think. They are still on season 2 actually, if I'm correct. 

Not all of Asia. I just found out (i actually researched cause i wanted to see if there was a promo for the episode) that they only started airing season 3 in my home country last week! but they add subtitles in my home country cause English is not our first language so, that may be the reason for the delay.

Although, it's better than how it used to be in the past; before i moved, and in the days before everyone would just download the episodes the day after they aired. it could have taken a show anywhere between 6 months to a year to air the latest season. ugh. I remember ER 5th season aired when the US already started airing season 6. again: ugh.

Edited by foreverevolving

I'm wondering if Felicity and her boyfriend were having fun hacking together and writing programs they never planned to use, and the FBI shows up. Felicity defends him, but it ends up that he was not a good guy after all, which sends her into a barren relationship time.  If she wrote the program 5 years ago (funny how that number keeps coming up), it would have been a couple of years before we meet her at QC.

In the promo, Ray is saying "Mom?" in a confused voice. I wonder if Mama Smoak showed up at QC and Ray offered to give her a ride to Felicity's house.

It's funny, as in funny ha-ha, that to MG, Felicity's big life decision is to either be Oliver's crush object, or Barry's crush object, or Ray's crush object.

What the show does well, though, is to show how smart she is and how professional so I won't penalize him too much for that.

We know from SA twitter that he films a scene with CR. He said it was a lot fun. Looking forward to it.

Maybe it's when Diggle and the Arrow save Felicity and Mama Smoak.  Someone has to do it, and Ray isn't The Atom yet.

• Love 3

I just wanted to say I love all you people who are commenting. It's fun to read your posts pro and con and know that no matter what part of the world you live in we all pretty much agree about everything and if we don't, we agree to disagree. Thanks I enjoy this site.

• Love 5

It's funny, as in funny ha-ha, that to MG, Felicity's big life decision is to either be Oliver's crush object, or Barry's crush object, or Ray's crush object.

Yeah I'm kinda annoyed by Guggenheim and his promoting of the show tbh lol. 

• Love 6

I'm wondering if Felicity and her boyfriend were having fun hacking together and writing programs they never planned to use, and the FBI shows up. Felicity defends him, but it ends up that he was not a good guy after all, which sends her into a barren relationship time.  If she wrote the program 5 years ago (funny how that number keeps coming up), it would have been a couple of years before we meet her at QC.

I don't know if it fits, but I'm wondering if the two of them weren't doing Anonymous sort of stuff, and then Felicity came up with something [maybe the same virus] that boyfriend decided to use for crime. Plus, hacking has a whole lot of one-upmanship crap involved in it, and maybe not!Cooper resented Felicity being better than him at it.

Is it Wednesday yet?

• Love 3