Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Is it too much to ask that William and Slade share their scenes for more efficient fast forwarding? 

ETA: Does it seem from these comments that Samantha didn't make it and the kid is going to be around a lot? 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3

He's sooooo excited about the addition of William.  I'm not.

If Oliver has an apartment this season, does that mean he's not moving in with Felicity?  If they give him his own set (or just repurpose Barry's old room), that argues he'll be there for a while.  Or is SA trying to be sneaky and saying he moves back into the loft?

2 truths, 1 lie:  Oliver & Slade scene in present day Diggle fires shot & misses Thea is in a present day scene where they speak to each other

The first one has to be true since he's pushing Slade in this season and unless Thea is unconscious after the blast, the last is true too.  That leaves Diggle firing and missing.  As a teaser, that's really boring.

(edited)

The S1 character who is coming back could be Raisa to take care of Myson. Oliver's apartment could just be the loft since why would they build a separate apartment set if Olicity is getting married and presumably living together.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I don't they think there are words to adequately describe how much I don't want to see how Team Arrow, Expanded Version, responds to William. I don't care how Oliver responds to Myson let alone randos who barely knew he was alive. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4

About William --

SA: "William's a very important part of Season 6. How Oliver adjusts to being a dad, how people around him adjust to Oliver being a dad, people around him adjust to William... Season 6, it's a lot about family."

Maybe they're finally getting rid of the loft because it's so easy to break into and they'll have an apartment with a door and keys. 

Based on comments about William, I'm worried they've realized they haven't shown enough of the kid for the levels of concern when he's kidnapped so we're going to get too much of him in S6. 

I'm feeling like Samantha is either going to be dead or they're going to suddenly have the kid spending all this time with Oliver and ignoring that the kid should also be living with his mother part of the time. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

The S1 character who is coming back could be Raisa to take care of Myson. Oliver's apartment could just be the loft since why would they build a separate apartment set if Olicity is getting married and presumably living together.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I hope that if Myson is going to be around permanently and living with Oliver even part of the time that he's living with the kid in an apartment that actually has bedroom walls. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Tbh when it comes to William I'm waiting for EP interviews,to see how much the kid is on set and all that.SA is reliable for spoilers usually but I just don't trust him to talk about the kid thing like it is in reality.He always overhypes it.Pretty sure that according to him William was a big part in season 4 and we saw him twice.I'm not sure how what SA says will actually translate into how much we see the kid.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe they're finally getting rid of the loft because it's so easy to break into and they'll have an apartment with a door and keys. 

Based on comments about William, I'm worried they've realized they haven't shown enough of the kid for the levels of concern when he's kidnapped so we're going to get too much of him in S6. 

I'm feeling like Samantha is either going to be dead or they're going to suddenly have the kid spending all this time with Oliver and ignoring that the kid should also be living with his mother part of the time. 

Yeah, I have the same concerns as you plus all the talk about Slade is just ugh. 

One tiny glimmer of hope is that since it's really only certain that O/W survived that's why they are talking more about him, because otherwise it really sounds like S6 is going to be Arrow & Son. Double ugh.

Edited by leopardprint
(edited)

I still don't need more Oliver as a dad. Who is asking for that? Also, I hope that wedding is real this time and not some sort of alien dream again. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

Helena appeared in season 2. I was thinking it could be Mckenna Hall. She could be another guest at the wedding. 

I take it you're kidding about the wedding. Also, isn't the actress a regular on another show?

I like the idea about Dodger.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I take it you're kidding about the wedding. Also, isn't the actress a regular on another show?

I like the idea about Dodger.

Of course I was kidding about the wedding. Janina was on Sleepy Hollow. Is that show still ongoing? 

Edited by strikera0

Thinking about the two truths, one lie. Could it be Thea? I found the phrasing odd. She's in a present day scene and we speak to each other. Assuming WH has a reduced episode count this year as well, could thye be putting her in a coma at the start of the season to get around that? Say, she was badly injured in the blast, but she's still somewhat conscious in the flashbacks and manages to maybe say something to Oliver when he finds them. Only, they need to put her into a medically induced coma because of her injuries, so in present day, there's Oliver once again talking to her while she's hospitalized.

Does DR have a solo panel or is he part of the Arrow panel?

1 minute ago, strikera0 said:

Of course I was kidding about the wedding. Janine was on Sleepy Hollow. Is that show still ongoing? 

Apparently it was cancelled in May. Talking seriously, I don't think there's a need for McKenna. If she was brought back, I'd imagine it would be because of her role as a cop. And they have Dinah for that.

• Love 1

Yeah, it makes sense that it's Thea in a coma and that's why they don't have a conversation in present time..  Who cares if Diggle shoots and doesn't hit his target, unless he deliberately delopes.

27 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I still don't need more Oliver as a dad. Who is asking for that?

SA.  He always wants more Olver-as-a-dad.

36 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

Tbh when it comes to William I'm waiting for EP interviews,to see how much the kid is on set and all that.SA is reliable for spoilers usually but I just don't trust him to talk about the kid thing like it is in reality.He always overhypes it.Pretty sure that according to him William was a big part in season 4 and we saw him twice.I'm not sure how what SA says will actually translate into how much we see the kid.

Tbh William was a big part of s4, his existence caused Olicity to be spoiled for us and for the break-up when he got kidnapped and Oliver was still being an idiot.  That hell lasted for 27 episodes.  So it's true, he was a big part of s4.  Just not a good part.

Kathleen Gatti is finishing her time on General Hospital so maybe we do get to see Raisa again.  But I'm still thinking it's one of the villains who comes back.  Sleepy Hollow has been cancelled but I don't think Janina G. would come back for a recurring role to run SCPD.

I would have guessed Walter but we saw him in s2 helping Oliver become the CEO of QC.

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Tbh William was a big part of s4, his existence caused Olicity to be spoiled for us and for the break-up when he got kidnapped and Oliver was still being an idiot.  That hell lasted for 27 episodes.  So it's true, he was a big part of s4.  Just not a good part.

"Big part" in that case meaning "catalyst," but only appearing in 3 episodes and only really a plot point in 3 episodes and only referenced (not counting Felicity's throwaway line in 419) in 4 episodes, but was the catalyst for Oliver and Felicity breaking up. In comparison, you've basically got Billy who was in about 5 episodes (off of the top of my head don't remember the exact number), referenced in a few more after his death, and was the catalyst for Felicity's arc for s5, though I wouldn't call Billy an actual big part in s5 just like I wouldn't call William an actual big part in s4. Both are big catalysts and plot points that barely have any roles or presence in the show, so that's what I'm waiting to see, if they talk more about the feelings of Oliver being a father in 6a rather than spending a "big part" of the season showing it. A bunch of scenes in 601-602 wouldn't be surprising for set up and exposition, but beyond that idk I can see them just talking about making choices now that Oliver is a dad or bringing up fatherly decisions once in a while rather than a plot dedicated to helping the kid with his homework or something.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, way2interested said:

"Big part" in that case meaning "catalyst," but only appearing in 3 episodes and only really a plot point in 3 episodes and only referenced (not counting Felicity's throwaway line in 419) in 4 episodes, but was the catalyst for Oliver and Felicity breaking up. In comparison, you've basically got Billy who was in about 5 episodes (off of the top of my head don't remember the exact number), referenced in a few more after his death, and was the catalyst for Felicity's arc for s5, though I wouldn't call Billy an actual big part in s5 just like I wouldn't call William an actual big part in s4. Both are big catalysts and plot points that barely have any roles or presence in the show, so that's what I'm waiting to see, if they talk more about the feelings of Oliver being a father in 6a rather than spending a "big part" of the season showing it. A bunch of scenes in 601-602 wouldn't be surprising for set up and exposition, but beyond that idk I can see them just talking about making choices now that Oliver is a dad or bringing up fatherly decisions once in a while rather than a plot dedicated to helping the kid with his homework or something.

Yeah exactly,I'm not sure if SA saying he's a big part means he gets a lot of scenes and develops relationships with other characters and like lives with Oliver or if it means he's just talked about a lot and shows up here and there.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 2

SA tends to spoil only what s coming up immediately rather than longterm so it would make sense that he would be talking about Oliver's relationship with William in the first couple of episodes.  On the other hand, I don't trust them not have him on for longer and be the best man at Oliver's wedding to Felicity while Diggle officiates.

WM can tell me till the cows come home that Billy was the catalyst for Felicity Helix arc but if he hadn't been on the show, she would still have got involved with Helix to get Diggle out of jail.  If Oliver hadn't shot Billy, it would have been some other cop dressed as Prometheus.    Billy made no difference to the show other than to give Oliver an excuse to get together with Susan whereas if William hadn't existed, Oliver and Felicity would be happily married right now.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

WM can tell me till the cows come home that Billy was the catalyst for Felicity Helix arc but if he hadn't been on the show, she would still have got involved with Helix to get Diggle out of jail. 

I'm pretty sure WM - and the show - forgot that's how Felicity got involved with Helix. It was never brought up once he was out, right? She never got thanked. They wanted Helix to be the enemy, especially once we got to 519 and probably with whatever comes in S6, so they had to forget that. 

6 minutes ago, Soulfire said:
ETA: 

I wonder how long the conflict will last - and how they're going to handle the rest of the team during it. Will it make sense? Will they make it look like one of them is clearly right? Will the others take sides? 

I can see Dinah siding with Diggle because they're alike but Rene and Curtis were trained by Oliver while Diggle was still away so wouldn't their loyalty be to him?

I'm kind of curious to see what the conflict will be about.  If Diggle supported him trusting Malcolm in s3 and they made up after Al Sahim took Lyla, what is going to be bigger than that?

11 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm pretty sure WM - and the show - forgot that's how Felicity got involved with Helix. It was never brought up once he was out, right? She never got thanked. They wanted Helix to be the enemy, especially once we got to 519 and probably with whatever comes in S6, so they had to forget that. 

Diggle briefly thanked Felicity from across the room when he got back to work and that was the end of it.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Rene and Curtis were trained by Oliver while Diggle was still away so wouldn't their loyalty be to him?

But remember, Rene bonded with Diggle so much that he was the only one who knew he'd want to spend time with his kid for the kid's birthday, so... 

It might depend on what the conflict is about. 

(edited)

I wonder if the conflict between Diggle and Oliver is about Lyla/ARGUS since that was a point of contention between Lyla and Diggle. So if Oliver broke all these prisoners out of ARGUS and Felicity with Helix maybe that puts Lyla's position in jeopardy. 

ARGUS needs better jails. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I wonder how long the conflict will last 

this time. ;-) Because they have never fought and resolved their issues before. I mean, I get that you need to have conflict but how often can Dig and Oliver fight before it starts to becoming repetitive?

http://emmilynestill.tumblr.com/post/162757808490/so-i-think-i-got-a-spoiler-that-no-one-else-got

So, I think I got a spoiler that no one else got, but I can’t add a break cause moble Tumblr, so I’m doing an old fashioned scroll down.

There’s my Diggle that DR signed. I told him that I had been holding out for a real Spartan Pop and he told me that Diggle will be the Green Arrow for part of the season! Then said that was a big spoiler and gave me a hug. God, I hope he’s not gonna get in trouble for me posting this but ahhhhhhhh

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

this time. ;-) Because they have never fought and resolved their issues before. I mean, I get that you need to have conflict but how often can Dig and Oliver fight before it starts to becoming repetitive?

I think repetition is a feature not a bug with this show. 

Diggle as GA so Oliver takes time off for fatherly bonding or throw off Oliver is GA speculation?

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
(edited)

Maybe Oliver wants to hang up the hood to be mayor and William's Daddy.  Diggle objects because the city still needs saving so he puts on the green leathers (size XXL) to do the job himself, over Oliver's objections.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I wonder how long the conflict will last - and how they're going to handle the rest of the team during it. Will it make sense? Will they make it look like one of them is clearly right? Will the others take sides? 

With this show? It'll last for 2-3 episodes, get dripped for about 10 and brought back up for a quick resolution before ramping up for the final 5 episodes ?

• Love 6

The onscreen reason for Dig not being active in the field for a part of S3 was him being a new father. So I don't think it's that.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe Oliver wants to hang up the hood to be mayor and William's Daddy.  Diggle objects because the city still needs saving so he puts on the green leathers (size XLX) to do the job himself.

So, I think I got a spoiler that no one else got, but I can’t add a break cause moble Tumblr, so I’m doing an old fashioned scroll down.

There’s my Diggle that DR signed. I told him that I had been holding out for a real Spartan Pop and he told me that Diggle will be the Green Arrow for part of the season! Then said that was a big spoiler and gave me a hug. God, I hope he’s not gonna get in trouble for me posting this but ahhhhhhhh

http://emmilynestill.tumblr.com/post/162757808490/so-i-think-i-got-a-spoiler-that-no-one-else-got

(edited)

Wow. Lots to catch up on.

I had a feeling the rift would be Oliver and Diggle even though we've done this before. I hope the reason isn't contrived. I also hope it doesn't last too long. I'd like at least some OTA this season.

It's good that Oliver finally has an apartment. But if the wedding happens sooner than later, hopefully O/F won't be living apart for too long.

Not enthused at all about William playing a big part but that was obvious and expected so whatever. Let's hope they write that little plot point better this time. Still think they should recast but eh. Whatever.

Nice to hear things about Diggle though. If he's playing GA for part of the season, does this mean Oliver is in danger of being outed and they're trying to throw off the scent?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

The "not tonight but soon" comment about Olicity and the wedding talk makes me think 6.01 sets up a mid season wedding.

I don't know yet if I really believe William plays a large physical part this year. I know what SA is saying but.....

Kinda meh on the rift with Diggle. If he's officiating the wedding (which it sounds like), how long does the rift last?

• Love 3

The s3-4 rift lasted what?  six episodes?  Plenty of time to make up and officiate for the wedding in 6x07.

Hopefully Oliver isn't so stupid as to marry Felicity sooner while he's still responsible for William.

28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe Oliver wants to hang up the hood to be mayor and William's Daddy.  Diggle objects because the city still needs saving so he puts on the green leathers (size XXL) to do the job himself, over Oliver's objections.

I can't see Olivet wanting to hang up the hood causing the rift unless he expects Diggle to go out as GA so he doesn't risk being outed and therefore taking Diggle away from his family while Oliver bonds with Myson. Which I can't see happening on the show. They've made some stupid decisions but I can't see them doing that. 

• Love 1

I'm a little confused as to how Oliver and Diggle can have a giant rift and yet Diggle still plays at being GA for part of the season? Surely the latter is a way of helping Oliver so...IDGI.

-- When asked for 2 truths and 1 line about S6, SA: "Well, I've only read Episode 601, um, so okay -  hang on, I can do it. Um. Uh. There is a single Big Bad this year. Um, there will be a giant, uh, rift between Oliver and one of the original team members. And, Oliver - his identity as the Green Arrow is revealed. You guys have no idea what's going on." (HVFF-Portland, Jun. 24, 2017: Video in WeAreSecondU tweet, Soulfire post, ShippingAcademy tweet and latinasmoak tweet, page 1545 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

-- On Arrow S6 news, TVLine's Matt Mitovich: "I can tease that the next, yet-to-be-cast Big Bad has been on many a fan’s wish list." (Jun. 29, 2017 TVLine article, page 3 of New Spoilers thread)

Sounds like the 1 lie was Oliver being revealed as the GA.

• Love 2
(edited)

No reveal makes me happy.  Unless that only applies to the start of the season.

3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I'm a little confused as to how Oliver and Diggle can have a giant rift and yet Diggle still plays at being GA for part of the season? Surely the latter is a way of helping Oliver so...IDGI.

I was thinking that Oliver thinks they don't need a GA any more and Diggle is convinced that they do.

Edited by statsgirl
(edited)

If the rift is like Civil War then I doubt it's about registering superheroes so maybe it's over Slade in the Bucky role? I can't remember if Slade did something directly to Diggle in S2? But maybe he feels like Oliver chooses Slade's side? 

If that's the case then I'm with Diggle. 

ETA: On second thought maybe it's over registering vigilantes? Like I could see Oliver being super gung-ho about being a hero in the light and then Diggle is like that's some stupid BS and we all have kids man. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

If they are going to have a Civil War-lite like  drama, hopefully it is longer then it was in S3/4. 

And I'm guessing Oliver finally gets an apartment since he'll have a kid to look after even though he should've had a place after becoming Mayor. Where does his mail get sent? To Theas rented out loft?

(edited)

I'm wondering how relaible KP is going to be this season. He's insisting that EBR doesn't film Monday and isn't even in Vancouver. But SA says she starts Monday and she's been in Vancouver for a couple of days already per her and her friends SM.

Edited by Chaser
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

The s3-4 rift lasted what?  six episodes?  Plenty of time to make up and officiate for the wedding in 6x07.

Hopefully Oliver isn't so stupid as to marry Felicity sooner while he's still responsible for William.

Why can't Oliver marry Felicity and be responsible for William? 

11 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm wondering how relaible KP is going to be this season. He's insisting that EBR doesn't film Monday and isn't even in Vancouver. But SA says she starts Monday and she's been in Vancouver for a couple of days already per her and her friends SM.

I thought he only meant EBR, Willa and Katrina are not working on Friday. 

(edited)
5 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Is it too much to ask that William and Slade share their scenes for more efficient fast forwarding? 

ETA: Does it seem from these comments that Samantha didn't make it and the kid is going to be around a lot? 

Maybe the opposite.  Maybe we are going to be having Samantha around a lot as well.  (A lot being a relative term, the show is never just going to revolve around her or the kid).  I just can't imagine they will kill her and make the kid a full-time cast member.  Right now he doesn't have a regular's contract so we have that at least.  I think the idea about mom being injured or in a coma still makes the most sense.  It lets Oliver have a couple episodes where he's full-time parent and then once Samantha wakes up/recovers, she can go back to being primary and the show will only see Myson occasionally.  

As for Slade, I don't think him being back a part of the show means he's going to be around constantly, just that they and Manu have mended fences and have a story arc they plan on fitting him in for this season.  And yeah, the Bucky role makes sense, with Oliver defending him and Diggle seeing him as a threat that needs to be taken out.  

Or worse yet, in the process of trying to bring Slade back to prison, Lyla gets caught in the crossfire.  I need someone to confirm Lyla's ongoing health and welfare.  :(  

The alternative is we find out that Slade was responsible for Diggle's parent's death years ago.  The full on Civil War treatment.  

4 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

I think Myson will be around but he won't have a lot of screen time, rather, people reacting to the situation will be what fills the plot.  So the kid comes in, briefly says hey to Oliver and leaves the room.  People talk about him.  Or he's at school or hanging with Thea and people talk about him and how Oliver is doing.  Perhaps William even throws a tantrum and locks himself in his room.  Cue Oliver and people reacting to him.  I just will be surprised if the kid himself is anything more than a constant catalyst. (And it doesn't have to be a negative thing)  I can't see him having his own storyline.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3