Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I have zero interest in seeing redeemed zen Slade. He'll basically be like Malcolm Merlyn 2.0 since he's a "father" and those are unkillable on Arrow. How is he going to be running around Star City if he basically destroyed it? At least MM was supposedly in hiding.

JH is unrecognizable in that picture. 

• Love 2

IDK whether it's just bad lighting but to me JH looks like she's gone grey near her roots. Not a good look. Why did she mess with it? She was pretty striking as a brunette. Sigh.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I have zero interest in seeing redeemed zen Slade. He'll basically be like Malcolm Merlyn 2.0 since he's a "father" and those are unkillable on Arrow. How is he going to be running around Star City if he basically destroyed it? At least MM was supposedly in hiding.

Ditto.  Slade was a great villain because MB was so menacing but Oliver already has a best friend, Diggle.  Since I don't care about William, I have zero interest in Oliver and Slade bonding over Joe.

• Love 5
(edited)

I really don't like to sound judgemental, but that picture looks tragic. I didn't like the idea of JH dying her hair in the first place, but if she had to do it, why couldn't she settle for a darker and more natural shade, e.g. chestnut blondeneutral blonde or fair amber blonde instead of shooting for extremes like white or platinblond? What a shame because she looked absolutely stunning as a brunette last season. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

JH is unrecognizable in that picture. 

I guess I don't see it as a case of redemption since if we are to believe what we were told, Slade wasn't anymore in control of his rampage and plot against Oliver than Roy was in control or to blame when he killed that cop and tried to kill Thea.  

Slade inflicted so much damage that I still want to blame him anyway, but if we believe that he was never to blame for taking the mirikuru in the first place, accept that those under it's influence lose their rational minds, and accept that now years later he's finally free of it's influence, then as hard as it is, I can't hold what he did in season two/three against him.  

Now, I'm still not entirely convinced after he was given the cure that it WAS still influencing him, but that maybe part of me still wanting him to be held accountable. 

Slade killed Moira so even if he's absolved of blame, he's not going to move to town and be Oliver's BFF but they might use him as a contrast to Dig.  Both men are ones Oliver has thought of as a brother, but while Slade was a good man to have your back on Lian Yu, does that mean he's actually a good man separate from the mirikuru issue?  I suspect he's still going to be making all sorts of suspect choices.   

• Love 2
22 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Earth2 Laurel has a tenuous connection with Quentin and her meta screaming abilities.  How much story is there with that?

There's probably more story in that than in Black Siren turning good.  We've had good Laurel.  Good Laurel sucked.  If they're going to have her as a regular, I'd rather Katie Cassidy be given a role she's semi-decent in playing (snarky, bitchy villain) than one she sucks at playing.

• Love 2

I don't expect to see Manu/Slade in a lot of S6. I'm guessing 601 and then maybe he'll be back for a Joe related arc. 

I think they'll use Manu/Slade similar to Nyssa. Shows up for an episode or 2 and then disappears.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't expect to see Manu/Slade in a lot of S6. I'm guessing 601 and then maybe he'll be back for a Joe related arc. 

I think they'll use Manu/Slade similar to Nyssa. Shows up for an episode or 2 and then disappears.  

Agreed. I'm not worried he'll take John's best friend status.  (Unless they DO estrange he and Oliver.)  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Which is exactly how it should be,

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Which is exactly how it should be,

Deathstroke would be a prime candidate for one of those all shows contracts. I wonder if we'll find out at SDCC that he'll get episodes on LoT and Flash too?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

The second director for Arrow Season 6 will be Laura Belsey. Her previous Arrow credits include “Canary Cry,” “Human Target,” and “Honor Thy Fathers.”

Not my favorite episodes, any of them, but I think I put the blame on the script in all cases.  

So episode 601 is "Fallout".  Not much of a spoiler there.  

I remember the lighting being quite horrible to EBR in Human Target! And EBR normally looks good in random selfies with no make up! She looked dreadful in 505! We can't blame that on the director right?

17 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I remember the lighting being quite horrible to EBR in Human Target! And EBR normally looks good in random selfies with no make up! She looked dreadful in 505! We can't blame that on the director right?

I'm kind of confused how much the director on a tv show controls because I would have thought they'd be allowed to say something about bad lighting, but maybe with limited time, they leave the technical stuff to other departments to worry about.  

My ambivalence about Human Target centers around the script no doubt and I had issues with the same in Canary Cry but I also found the tone between what Canary Cry filmed at the gravesite really jarring next to what was filmed in the flashforward (Where Felicity told Oliver to kill DD) which they included in that episode.  Should I blame the director for not making the two parts work?  

Just now, apinknightmare said:

Maybe a freighter carrying a ton of Sun-In sunk off the shores of Lian Yu. 

Plus razors for that perfectly shaped beard Diggle is sporting.

4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

So DR has beard and KC and JH are now super blonde(grey). Flashbacks on the island are going to fun. 

I just hope they let DR keep the beard at least for the island flashbacks because it would at least make sense that he wouldn't be able to shave. Then again, since it looks like some people managed to get dye jobs while on an island that was just blown up, maybe they'll be found in a bunker that doubles as a hair salon. 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

So DR has beard and KC and JH are now super blonde(grey). Flashbacks on the island are going to fun. 

We don't have confirmation that DR got to keep his beard, right?  Just him still with it on set a few day before filming starts.  Unless they filmed the island scenes last fall, I don't see how he can keep his beard for filming.  

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe a freighter carrying a ton of Sun-In sunk off the shores of Lian Yu. 

Sun In is hell on hair, that fits with the theme of the island.  

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I just hope they let DR keep the beard at least for the island flashbacks because it would at least make sense that he wouldn't be able to shave. Then again, since it looks like some people managed to get dye jobs while on an island that was just blown up, maybe they'll be found in a bunker that doubles as a hair salon. 

I could also see him coming back from the island and wearing it for reasons.  Maybe he was injured and this is his recovery beard?  Or his, "I could have died and screw it, I'm not wasting time shaving" beard.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I wouldn't hate if everyone got stuck on Lian Yu for a bit but it wouldn't make any sense for Lyla not to scour the area once she found out the island was bombed, even if she didn't know her husband was on the island.  (And if Oliver didn't at least leave her a voice mail about where he thought everyone was taken I have no words)

I really can't see how any of them could be stuck on the island for more than a week or two tops and even that's only if Argus didn't check in on its prison very often.  

• Love 2
(edited)

DR filming with a beard implies that they are on the island for several days or weeks which would then mean that Oliver just like left them there? He rescued Myson and peaced out? That would be quite messed up but with the way they treat Myson as if he's the Holy Grail, cure for cancer and the solution to Middle East peace maybe I wouldn't be that surprised. 

Fallout as a title could also mean a falling out between characters. Maybe (unlikely) Oliver does leave them there and they get mad? That would be a bridge too far with Oliver, don't know how they would come back from that. 

ETA: Right, @BkWurm1, no way ARGUS doesn't monitor the island they have a prison on as well as the implication that Oliver didn't tell Lyla that Diggle got kidnapped? WTF does she care about Myson? There are plot holes and then there is straight up character assassination. Doing anything to save your child doesn't gloss over pure stupidity and leaving everyone to die because you had to hug your idiot kid. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4

I don't know why SA blacked out the title, it's not very spoilery. Maybe he just wanted to save it for MGs official announcement?

Title makes sense since 601 will deal with (ptesumably) flashbacks to 523 as well as what's going on in SC 5 months later.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

Fallout as a title could also mean a falling out between characters. Maybe (unlikely) Oliver does leave them there and they get mad? That would be a bridge too far with Oliver, don't know how they would come back from that. 

I do think that "fallout" could mean a falling out - especially if it is true that there will be a rift between Oliver and one of the original team members.

But I can't see Oliver just leaving them there. I can see him taking Myson to safety and then returning, so that maybe it does take a day or so to find everyone/maybe he has to dig them out if they get to an underground bunker, so a beard would make sense for Diggle and maybe they can just cover the hair of anyone who has changed it since the finale with ash so it doesn't look like they got their hair done while waiting? 

5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I wouldn't hate if everyone got stuck on Lian Yu for a bit but it wouldn't make any sense for Lyla not to scour the area once she found out the island was bombed, even if she didn't know her husband was on the island.  (And if Oliver didn't at least leave her a voice mail about where he thought everyone was taken I have no words)

I honestly don't know what to think about what they'll do about what Lyla does and doesn't know/the role she might play in the rescue. Probably depends on AMA's availability or if anyone even thinks about the fact that she'd want to be right there looking for her husband and the father of her kid?

After all, last she was mentioned, wasn't she visiting her sister? I don't know why she wouldn't have insisted on joining Oliver when he first went to the island if she knew Diggle was kidnapped, but I guess they wanted it to be Oliver teaming up with villains from his past and just didn't think about explaining Lyla's absence?

Maybe if there is a rift between Oliver and Diggle, it has to do with that? Maybe Diggle wonders why he didn't bother telling his wife what happened/turn to her for resources? I don't see how they could actually play that out in a way that leads to a rift of any significance, but you never know with this show. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't remember was everyone together at the plane when it blew up? 

6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe if there is a rift between Oliver and Diggle, it has to do with that? Maybe Diggle wonders why he didn't bother telling his wife what happened/turn to her for resources? I don't see how they could actually play that out in a way that leads to a rift of any significance, but you never know with this show. 

The villain teamup doesn't really make sense when Oliver had ARGUS at his disposal but he did break out their prisoner so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  

I think Diggle could be mad that Oliver didn't think to immobilize Chase (when he did it before to the Dodger) because he had to picturesquely run off through the forest and basically sacrificed two other parents. I mean it's not really Oliver's fault but he also didn't prioritize their safety and let Chase totally outsmart him. Basically Diggle could be mad at Oliver for. being really stupid and careless?

I may be projecting my feelings onto Diggle. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't think that photo of JH and DR from yesterday means they were filming like that (beard/straight hair).

Maybe there are present day scenes on Lian Yu because someone has been missing? They are looking for clues?

Could "rift" between Oliver and an OTA member be a physical rift/separation?...like the explosion created a physical split in the island or it ended up trapping an OTA member in one of the island's underground caverns...making it difficult for Oliver to find them or get to them.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

My ambivalence about Human Target centers around the script no doubt and I had issues with the same in Canary Cry but I also found the tone between what Canary Cry filmed at the gravesite really jarring next to what was filmed in the flashforward (Where Felicity told Oliver to kill DD) which they included in that episode.  Should I blame the director for not making the two parts work?  

I seem to remember that scene being done by second unit, aka Bamford.

1 minute ago, way2interested said:

Just realized, if they are filming in studio today, that would be more likely that they're filming present day stuff (mayor's office, loft, Bunker) today, wouldn't it?

Could also be the ARGUS bunker on the island.

2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

But I can't see Oliver just leaving them there. I can see him taking Myson to safety and then returning, so that maybe it does take a day or so to find everyone/maybe he has to dig them out if they get to an underground bunker

That would be inexcusable to me though.  What if someone was injured and died while he was making sure Myson would be safe? What if it were Thea or Felicity or Diggle? Oliver's guilt should be endless for any of his Team, and Myson would probably never forgive him for Samantha daying because Oliver was taking him to safety.  And where would he even take Myson?  Back to the States?

The other inexcusable thing to me is if Oliver didn't tell Lyla before he left the States.  Although since it's an ARGUS prison, I would expect a check-in at least once a day from the guard.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

They were at a beauty salon yesterday i think. 

I thought hair and makeup prep or something 

6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Just realized, if they are filming in studio today, that would be more likely that they're filming present day stuff (mayor's office, loft, Bunker) today, wouldn't it?

Or some inside scene like Oliver/Slade in the prison. Or the temple scene, both were filmed on sets.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Could also be the ARGUS bunker on the island.

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Or some inside scene like Oliver/Slade in the prison. Or the temple scene, both were filmed on sets.

True! Although then I'd wonder where the rest of the cast are, separated in the blast (if indeed filming a flashback scene), I guess?

Edited by way2interested
(edited)
4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

True! Although then I'd wonder where the rest of the cast are, separated in the blast (if indeed filming a flashback scene), I guess?

It's always hard to out the pieces together. Maybe they get separated after the explosion? Maybe this is once the dust settles and characters go looking for supplies/survivors/radios/etc?

It could also be a present day scene, maybe someone is going to prison?

Edited by Morrigan2575
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

That would be inexcusable to me though.  What if someone was injured and died while he was making sure Myson would be safe? What if it were Thea or Felicity or Diggle? Oliver's guilt should be endless for any of his Team, and Myson would probably never forgive him for Samantha daying because Oliver was taking him to safety.  And where would he even take Myson?  Back to the States?

The other inexcusable thing to me is if Oliver didn't tell Lyla before he left the States.  Although since it's an ARGUS prison, I would expect a check-in at least once a day from the guard.

Oh, I agree with you, but remember, according to this show, Myson's safety is prioritized above everyone else's. They'd frame is like it's a good thing and how Oliver's such a good father to make sure Myson is safe first and everyone should understand that. 

Maybe Oliver will take Myson back to the mainland, call Lyla and ask her to watch his son ... while he goes to see if her husband is still alive and BTW, her husband was kidnapped and brought to Lian Yu and this is the first time she's hearing about it?

3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I'm expecting at least a few people to be separated in the blast if only for the inevitable, "this person is safe, that person is safe, but where's X, Y, etc."? 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Oh, I agree with you, but remember, according to this show, Myson's safety is prioritized above everyone else's. They'd frame is like it's a good thing and how Oliver's such a good father to make sure Myson is safe first and everyone should understand that. 

Myson is the person in least danger though since Chase did him the courtesy of removing the only threat to him. Of course, Oliver would be right to be concerned about leaving him on the boat alone. He would probably try to go swimming or wander off looking for crayons or pet a shark. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Wasn't there a filming notice for the park that is Lian Yu? Was that for another day?

The filming notice for the Lian Yu location is for next Wednesday

• Love 1

What they really should do is say that Oliver told Lyla what was going on and said something like, "If you don't hear from me in X amount of time, come to the island with any necessary rescue/medical supplies." Because right now, what does Oliver have with him? His bow and arrows? Myson? Chase's dead body? I doubt Chase had much on that boat. I feel like he's going to need more than that. 

• Love 1