Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

He wrote "please say yes" which I don't believe is an Olicity quote...currently.

Watch it be something like "Felicity, are you there? Please say yes." in a flashback picking up where the finale ended. 

1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

Would they even have written any dialogue for S6 at this point? 

That's what I'm wondering too. Unless they filmed something for the premiere when they filmed the finale? 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

That's what I'm wondering too. Unless they filmed something for the premiere when they filmed the finale? 

Is that even allowed contractually? 

"Felicity, can Myson move in with you? Too many pointy objects in the bunker he'll put in his mouth. Please say yes."

"Felicity, Can we postpone our wedding? Crayola Con 2018 is that weekend and I promised I'd take Myson. Please say yes."

"Felicity, do you mind if Myson stays with you for a week while I go the temple/mountain/blacksite to get sudden but crucial information? Please say yes."

• Love 5
5 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I'm pretty sure this is the first time Stephen has actively said he'd want to see an Olicity wedding so in the grand traditions of him suggesting shooting Felicitys boyfriend and vodka mistakes Im taking that as a very good sign of an Olicity wedding for season 6 :D

WHAAAT?!?!?! Do you have a link? :)

I just had a horrible (to me) thought:

Arrow writers love their parallels. Oliver is 10+ years older than his half-sister Thea. William is 10+ years old so...I don't want to speak/write it into existence. 

Well if Felicity ever gets pregnant, for sake of the actress, lets hope most of her pregnancy happens off screen so she doesn't have to wear the belly long.  Though then they could corner the market on lots of super cute maternity outfits.  Product placement!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, leopardprint said:

After the months and months of fan grumbling about Olicity, I could see them showing up married in 601 and it's just presented as a fait accompli.

Fans can grumble all they want but I think The CW would want an Olicity wedding when it counts most — during sweeps. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Fans can grumble all they want but I think The CW would want an Olicity wedding when it counts most — during sweeps. 

Puh-lease. Let's be real the fans grumbling about the wedding would be minuscule to the fans throwing freaking parties with champagne and everything ;) 

• Love 6

But do these grumbling fans actually spend any money on the show or have any contribution in boosting viewership for the show? WB goes out of the way  every year to at least promote the DVD with some Olicity content. So i would think they appreciate that aspect of the viewership and show. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I was wondering that too, but in the context of trying to understand WM's comment about Felicity and Diggle playing "crucial pieces" in the finale in getting them out of their situation. Like, if they shot additional scenes where Diggle actually had a role is rescuing them from the island explosions, which scenes would appear in 601.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Watch it be something like "Felicity, are you there? Please say yes." in a flashback picking up where the finale ended. 

One, I'd be completely fine with that scenario. Two, it could be something used for the next proposal, moving in together or something like that without having the script written. If SA had said he'd like Oliver to say that if and when a particular scenario happens, I don't see why the writers wouldn't humor him. It wouldn't be changing the storyline, just adding a little beat. 

Stephen does tend to choose sentimental Olicity lines...so it can be anything at this point. We know he met with the producers and I am sure the first episode draft is written since they start filming in a month. So at this point, they could be engaged by 6x01 and married by the crossover. I no longer take stephen's words lightly after the past year...lol

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

That would mean they are trapped on the island for weeks. 

If it's an ugly ass van dyke or even I goatee, I will be upset.

I refuse to entertain the second train of thought.

Just now, bijoux said:
Oliver has no time for beard upkeep as he scours the island for everyone?

I'd rather that than the possibility of him having the Van Dyke. Since there's no more continuous flashbacks it would be easier for him to keep it up, but...c'mon, SA, last time you relented to the GA look you ended up regretting it and flipping right back to the Arrow style (sleeves vs. sleeveless), don't go through this again. 

• Love 5

I just saw that old tweet of his. I remember saying that he should go full comic green arrow and post of photo. Van dyke, pointy hat, bright green costume. See how much they like it then.

• Love 1

I look at it this way: there's only so long he can grow a beard before it would become too obvious to ignore that the mayor and the GA have the same beard. So unless they're going to have it made public that he's the GA or pretend Oliver can grow a beard as fast as Curtis can do his hair, there are certain things that can't happen. 

• Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I look at it this way: there's only so long he can grow a beard before it would become too obvious to ignore that the mayor and the GA have the same beard. So unless they're going to have it made public that he's the GA or pretend Oliver can grow a beard as fast as Curtis can do his hair, there are certain things that can't happen. 

Am I seeing things or is his beard much redder than his hair? They would have to dye that because it's kind of distracting. There is some weird ombre thing happening too. 

Maybe all that GA movie talk has gotten to him and he wants to prove he can pull off terrible facial hair as well as CH can? 

(I never knew I had so many opinions about facial hair on Arrow)

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I just saw that old tweet of his. I remember saying that he should go full comic green arrow and post of photo. Van dyke, pointy hat, bright green costume. See how much they like it then.

Hallowe'en costume!

"Training a beard " is an expression.  Could be he was trying to be punny.

• Love 1

Since Felicity already mentioned she'll only wear a mask on Halloween, I now want her and Oliver to show up at the Diggles' party with her in fishnet, black corset and a mask and Oliver sporting the Van Dyke and pointy hat. 

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Since Felicity already mentioned she'll only wear a mask on Halloween, I now want her and Oliver to show up at the Diggles' party with her in fishnet, black corset and a mask and Oliver sporting the Van Dyke and pointy hat. 

And a choker necklace?  Lol.  

• Love 1

I was going thru the HVFF IG tag and someone asked SA who would get married first: Olicity or Westallan. He said probably Westallan. I'm not sure that would have been his response if they were already talking married Olicity in S6.

Not surprised SA said WA.  He also said they wouldn't be rushing Olicity.  Since they only looked to be getting back together, my guess is his priority will be MySon and getting to know him which may or may not involve more baby mama drama. Vigilante, mayor, father...his love life is probably taking a back seat. 

I don't know what they consider 'slow'. Is it just not getting married but dating? I don't really see that as slow cause they are back in a relationship. Is it not labeling it 'dating' and just having moments like 5x22 at the party? Cause that wouldn't make sense given everything in S5 and were they left off. 

• Love 1

Have they not learned anything from S5? 

Shipping aside I wonder if the general audience will tolerate scene after scene with the idiot Crayola who looks like he can barely string a sentence together. That's going to get old real fast. It's old already!

• Love 2

I think the question is how did they start the season. If the gang that was on Lian Yu was rescued right away Felicity & Oliver will probably be dating as the season start. And i wouldnt exclude a wedding throughout the season.

I am not really expecting WA to get married as Barry comes out the speedforce which will probably be at the  begining of s4. I bet you will get the return of broody Barry who was faced with all the things he caused to other people. And will want to make things right. 

(edited)
48 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't know what they consider 'slow'. Is it just not getting married but dating? I don't really see that as slow cause they are back in a relationship. Is it not labeling it 'dating' and just having moments like 5x22 at the party? Cause that wouldn't make sense given everything in S5 and were they left off. 

It's funny when you think about it.  They've never dated before.  They had half a date, "broke up", had a one night stand, then a month later went all in, vacationed around the world, moved in together and all within like 8 months, got engaged. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

They've talked about them being star-crossed lovers so I just won't be surprised if MySon represents the next obstacle to overcome.

I think people are overthinking the William situation. 

• Love 10

I'm not really sure exactly what they mean by slow at this point.If it's that they don't get married or engaged right away that makes sense but also  taking it slow like they were in 5.22 and 5.23 after  5 months had passed and Oliver thought Felicity died,that's harder to buy.I think they'll be together and probably Oliver will move back in at the loft by the time season 6 starts.

I don't really want a crossover wedding tbh.I did after the first one when it was fun and well paced and not overcrowded so I actually enjoyed crossovers but after the last 2 I would prefer olicity to get married in an arrow episode so they can be the focus.The only advantage of a crossover wedding imo is all their friends could be there but I really only care about Digg and Thea being there as well as Donna if they can get CR to come back,the others I can go with or without.

1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

I think people are overthinking the William situation. 

Same,I don't think the kid would have a big role on a show like this even if they keep him in Oliver's life.They were never all that interested in father son scenes even when it was important to show it so I don't see it being a huge focus next season either.

• Love 10

I kind of want to see how SDCC talking points go for both couples, since both are kind of unclear as to where they'll go and both have worst-case scenarios. Like, WA were engaged but Barry is gone "forever," while Olicity are going slow but Felicity is "dead." Tbh, I would think offhand that WestAllen have it harder this time around unless the plot going into 6a is that Oliver thinks that Felicity is dead for the next 5 months. If Felicity is around before 601, then I'm not thinking there's anything really coming between them besides waiting for the right time to actually get re-engaged, since Felicity has never been seen as someone who thinks that the kid is a dealbreaker. Meanwhile, I'd be thinking that 401 of Flash would be about saving Barry and they would actually be separated for that time. Worst-case scenario is Iris moved on in that time or that Felicity was thought dead so that both couples have to in a way start over. Best-case scenario (and tbh, I kind of think is going to happen because of the style of show) is that Flash ignores that specific kind of drama (in lieu for Barry drama in returning as the Flash/the team/etc.) or that Felicity is already alive pre-601.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

Same,I don't think the kid would have a big role on a show like this even if they keep him in Oliver's life.They were never all that interested in father son scenes even when it was important to show it so I don't see it being a huge focus next season either.

Not to mention filming/scheduling around a kid that has limited hours available. 

• Love 8

It's why I'm wondering if co-parenting might be where the drama comes from. I guess we'll have to see who survives but MySon has already been kidnapped twice because of Oliver. Mom might want no contact whereas dad is no longer going to want to keep him at a distance would be my guess.  If he can't have a relationship with his first born son because it's too dangerous, how could he marry Felicity & have olicitots as some fans desire?  

Just now, Sunshine said:

It's why I'm wondering if co-parenting might be where the drama comes from. I guess we'll have to see who survives but MySon has already been kidnapped twice because of Oliver. Mom might want no contact whereas dad is no longer going to want to keep him at a distance would be my guess.  If he can't have a relationship with his first born son because it's too dangerous, how could he marry Felicity & have olicitots as some fans desire?  

But he was kidnapped while being with the mother ...

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

They've talked about them being star-crossed lovers so I just won't be surprised if MySon represents the next obstacle to overcome.

NO!!!!! Noooooooo!!!!!!

Although I was expecting them to be Fitzsimmons-ed at some point.

(edited)

If Samantha is dead, they could use Myson as a means of slowing Olicity down since they might decide that since they were taking things slow, they'd really take things extra slow (like not moving in together) to give Myson a chance to get adjusted to the idea of Oliver as his dad and Oliver a chance to get to know Myson.  

It would stall them and still let them be a full on couple.  I really wouldn't mind watching them actually date a bit if there's a logical reason not to immediately move in and there was no doubt about their commitment to or love for each other.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

I don't watch AOS. What does that mean? :)

FitzSimmons rarely have drama between them but the universe hates them and throws everything and anything bad their way.

So I'm expecting a universe enforced seperation for Olicity like FitzSimmons rather than the BMD like drama.