Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I dont think they are going to waste Katie or Siren propping up DD. I think we'll see a fully realized character especially with them exploring her origins. Plus we get the possibility of laurel flashbacks! Hallelujah.

Yeah, they seem to be willing to invest a lot in Black Siren, which makes me think that she will indeed be the Big Bad next season. 

1 minute ago, strikera0 said:

Yeah, they seem to be willing to invest a lot in Black Siren, which makes me think that she will indeed be the Big Bad next season. 

Lord help us.

• Love 12
(edited)

Preview of some next season (S6) spoilers...

Dinah Drake (FKA Tina Boland) AKA Black Canary?
-- Juliana Harkavy, who plays Dinah Drake, has been promoted to series regular for S6. (Apr. 13, 2017 The Hollywood Reporter article, page 1481 of Spoiler Discussion thread and page 216 of Starling City Times thread)
-- On whether we will finally hear someone call Dinah "Black Canary" before this season ends, MG: "Nothing beyond 514's reference.  But in Season 6…" (Apr. 14, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 58 of Spoilers thread)
-- On whether we'll see Black Siren working together with Dinah Drake or will they hate each other, MG: "[P]art of the fun of bringing Katie back is seeing her character interact with Juliana’s.  Make of that what you will, too.  :)" (Apr. 14, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 58 of Spoilers thread)
-- On whether E2 Laurel and Dinah will become frenemy and bond over their losses of the men that they loved and whether Black Siren will join Team Arrow, MG: "I guess I’m gonna have to ask you to watch Season 6…" (Apr. 14, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 58 of Spoilers thread)
-- WM: “Moving into season 6, we’re not calling it a reboot because the show’s still called Arrow and it’s still about Oliver and his team, so that part’s not changing, but we aren’t going to have the flashbacks... It gives us a lot more real estate, a lot more space to hopefully bring in some cool villains and tell some cool character stories — and we have some new characters on the show whose backstories we really haven’t had an opportunity to experience. WE saw a little bit of Wild Dog’s, we haven’t seen that much of Dinah’s. If we bring in anybody new or we’d love to have Ragman back at some point as well, we can use the flashback device to tell other people’s kind of islands, if you will. And that part is very exciting.” (Apr. 26, 2017 ComicBook article, page 1 of New Spoilers thread)

E1 Laurel Lance AKA Black Canary
-- On whether we can see E1 Laurel in flashbacks, now that KC is back as a regular, MG: "In fact, I do think so." (May 2, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 1 of New Spoilers thread) [IT'S POSSIBLE THAT HE WAS REFERRING TO A 523 FLASHBACK]

E2 Laurel ____ AKA Black Siren
-- KC will be returning as Black Siren in 522 and 523 and then will continue as a series regular in S6. (Mar. 27, 2017 Deadline, Variety and TVLine articles, and MG, JarettSays and GreenArrowTV tweets, page 56 of Spoilers thread)
-- When asked to promise that we'll get Black Siren in at least 13 episodes in S6, MG: "I can promise you that." (May 2, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 1 of New Spoilers thread)
-- MG: "I can tell you that we have no plans to kill Black Siren.  We’re crazy, but not that crazy." (May 4, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 2 of New Spoilers thread)
-- On why Black Siren can't go by the name Dinah, MG: "Because we have another character called Dinah and the show is confusing enough as it is." (May 4, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 2 of New Spoilers thread)
-- MG: "When we script Black Siren, we use the name Black Siren." (May 4, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 2 of New Spoilers thread)
-- MG: "We’ve been 'slugging' Black Siren as 'Black Siren' in our scripts, but I’m getting tired of that, so we’ll probably start calling her 'Laurel' in Season 6." (May 3, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 2 of New Spoilers thread)
-- On whether Black Siren will be S6's Big Bad, MG: "Hmm, I don't know if I should answer that. Uh, I will say, she's gonna have a very significant presence as an antagonist, let's put it that way." (WonderCon, Apr. 1, 2017: MYM Buzz video, page 57 of Spoilers thread)
-- On whether for S6 flashbacks we could see Earth 2 for more of Black Siren backstory, MG: "Totally possible." (Apr. 8, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 58 of Spoilers thread)
-- On how they will approach Black Siren's origins, MG: "You’ll learn more about her backstory in Season 6." (Apr. 26, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 1 of New Spoilers thread)
-- On whether Black Siren will get a new suit or costume, MG: "I like her current one!" (Apr. 10, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 58 of Spoilers thread)
-- On whether Black Siren will get a poster now that E2 Laurel is a series regular, MG: "I love her costume.  Posters are the province of our friends at the CW." (Apr. 10, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 58 of Spoilers thread)
-- On whether Black Siren will be getting a S6 poster, MG: "That’s up to the CW." (Apr. 15, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 58 of Spoilers thread)
-- On whether E2 Laurel and Dinah will become frenemy and bond over their losses of the men that they loved and whether Black Siren will join Team Arrow, MG: "I guess I’m gonna have to ask you to watch Season 6…" (Apr. 14, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 58 of Spoilers thread)
-- On whether we'll see Black Siren working together with Dinah Drake or will they hate each other, MG: "[P]art of the fun of bringing Katie back is seeing her character interact with Juliana’s.  Make of that what you will, too.  :)" (Apr. 14, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 58 of Spoilers thread)
-- On having Black Siren fight with or aganst Sara on LoT, MG: "Katie is already a series regular on Arrow, which logistically and contractually makes it impossible for her to be a series regular on Legends, as well.  But we love having Caity and Katie in scenes together, so…" (Apr. 14, 2017 MG tumblr post, page 58 of Spoilers thread)
-- Fan report on what MG said: "THERE IS NO WAY IN A GAJILLION YEARS THAT BLACK SIREN AND OLIVER WILL BE A THING." (WonderCon, Apr. 1, 2017: Fangirlw_oChill tweet, page 57 of Spoilers thread)
-- Fan report on what MG said: "MG reiterated again the importance of chemistry. Carly and KC do not have it with SA. Not something you can predict." In response to another fan asking whether MG actually said that, or whether we are assuming he meant them, fan tweeted: "he said that." (WonderCon, Apr. 1, 2017: Fangirlw_oChill tweet, page 57 of Spoilers thread, and Fangirlw_oChill tweet, page 1461 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- On KC's return as Black Siren next season, papp tweeted: "From what I heard shes a villain next season." (Apr. 10, 2017 pursuit23 tweet, page 1475 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

They should just keep BS a bitchy character. Its what KC plays best, or at least makes her not go in the robot mode like she did with LL. 

Of course they would use BS/Katie to prop up the new BC. Their little arc is gonna be the reason Dinah takes on the mantle of Black Canary. 

She can be a fleshed out character while still being a bitch like they did with Cordelia on btvs.

Cordelia was endearing and entertaining though much like other bitchy BTVS  characters like Harmony Glory and Anya or Lilah on Angel. 

Black Siren is not; nor so far has been written to be so *shrug*

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I dont think they are going to waste Katie or Siren propping up DD.

I actually think the main reason they want her back as more than just a guest star, is to prop DD. Thats all apart from the contract agreements her team asked for .

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 2

From what they did with Talia, which is basically nothing, I just don't see Black Siren being the Big Bad. 

I don't think LL flashbacks are really relevant anymore if Oliver's five year journey is wrapping up. They probably will have a DD/L2L focused episode or arc that will have DD and L2L flashbacks. 

• Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Speaking of nothing was there supposed to be ANY relevance to Tobias Church? I seem to recall all this hype over him. He was there and then he was dead. What was the point????

Arrow, Season 5: "What was the point????"

The season five motto, sorry I just had to, haha. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 13
(edited)

I'm not sure it's all about Tinah when it comes to BS. Giving Tinah a villain just for her who'll appear in 13 episodes? That would mean pushing Tinah to the forefront for those episodes and I'll resent the hell out of that, so I'm really hoping not. God, two subpar actresses screeching at each other, that's not going to be entertaining. No, I think BS will play into whatever Oliver's arc next season. Not exactly sure how. 

Someone had asked MG on Tumblr why the fandom is so divided, and part of it is because of shit like this. They can't seem to get rid of KC because of whatever grip she has on a powerful somebody's balls (speaking metaphorically, of course) and even though the show actually never showed a love triangle involving LL and Olicity, a ship war persists because they keep bringing the actress back. And now there's this whole BC2.0 vs BC4.0 mess.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
to remove extra "get"
  • Love 14
(edited)

I think she might be there for Tinah and for Lance. I know she's supposed be in at least 13 episodes but Thea has been in 15 and has had very little focus so that's the hope I am clinging to. I can't imagine she gets more focus than Rene, Curtis or Tinah. 

The thing is that they already know how to defeat her and they have a team member who has the same power but better according to Oliver. 

I can't fathom why they brought her back as a regular except that MG must be obsessed with a potential screech off. He does tend to be overly attached to his beloved storylines that should really be dropped. Maybe it's a sop to this fans upset about an Olicity reunion?

Edited by leopardprint
(edited)

Nah, this feels way above Guggenheim's pay grade. Higher even than Berlanti's. No one on Arrow wanted this. Or even wanted BC4.0. But execs who have no idea how TV works but just wants to sell merch have more say *shrug*

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 15
34 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Speaking of nothing was there supposed to be ANY relevance to Tobias Church? I seem to recall all this hype over him. He was there and then he was dead. What was the point????

Basically, I think they wanted a character like Church and an actor like Chad Coleman in the role for a few episodes, and they didn't think of anything beyond that. Remember when there were corrupt cops on the show? They don't either. 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

She can be a fleshed out character while still being a bitch like they did with Cordelia on btvs.

Katie is one dimensional in her acting, please there is no fleshing out here. They want her back because somehow people think shes  slightly better at playing the bad girl and by slightly i mean 1% better. Aint no fleshing out, she'll use the same one liners and do that bad girl face here and there. By then anyone who thought she was slightly 1% better will want her off the show because shes grating. 

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 14
(edited)

If KC straight up played her character from the abysmal Melrose Place reboot then she'd be fine but she needs to drop the "bad girl" affectations. It would be refreshing if the character was just bad for personal gain reasons instead of some sob story. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

Cordelia was endearing and entertaining though much like other bitchy BTVS  characters like Harmony Glory and Anya or Lilah on Angel. 

Black Siren is not; nor so far has been written to be so *shrug*

Of course but she was also just meant to be a one off who is now a regular so the chances of her being slightly tweaked are higher like Glory,Anya,Harmony,Lilah.

1 hour ago, theOAfc said:

I actually think the main reason they want her back as more than just a guest star, is to prop DD. Thats all apart from the contract agreements her team asked for .

No one has seen her contract though.  I doubt that's the reason they would bring her back full time when 3 episodes could get that all said and done. 

27 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Basically, I think they wanted a character like Church and an actor like Chad Coleman in the role for a few episodes, and they didn't think of anything beyond that. Remember when there were corrupt cops on the show? They don't either. 

Total waste of Chad Coleman

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Katie is one dimensional in her acting, please there is no fleshing out here. They want her back because somehow people think shes  slightly better at playing the bad girl and by slightly i mean 1% better. Aint no fleshing out, she'll use the same one liners and do that bad girl face here and there. By then anyone who thought she was slightly 1% better will want her off the show because shes grating. 

You think she is, i think her acting is just fine so they'll be plenty of dimension to the character. 

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:
30 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Total waste of Chad Coleman

They totally did waste him but I think part of the purpose of his arc was to re-establish the "back to basics" gritty, street level and realistic action while giving the new team something to come together around. He was basically a high level gangster who then led into Prometheus. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Someone had asked MG on Tumblr why the fandom is so divided, and part of it is because of shit like this. They can't seem to get rid of KC because of whatever grip she has on a powerful somebody's balls (speaking metaphorically, of course) and even though the show actually never showed a love triangle involving LL and Olicity, a ship war persists because they keep bringing the actress back. And now there's this whole BC2.0 vs BC4.0 mess.

It's not to do with bringing back KC, it's just in the lazy writing. Once they learn to treat all the characters with the same respect, the division would die down apart from the fractions that want to keep the war going regardless. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

They totally did waste him but I think part of the purpose of his arc was to re-establish the "back to basics" gritty, street level and realistic action while giving the new team something to come together around. He was basically a high level gangster who then led into Prometheus. 

The way they wasted Brick in s3.

A season-long Big Bad doesn't work because they can't keep up the tension through 23 episodes (The Flash does a terrible job of it too) so they bring in short terms bads to plug the holes until they ramp up for the big run to the finale.  Unfortunately they often don't spend enough time on these characters so  a lot of it is a waste.

I think Black Siren will be one of these interim bads so maybe they'll do better with her because we'll probably be getting her flashbacks, maybe with her E2 Oliver.

• Love 2
(edited)

Thinking back, even though I like Chase, I kinda wish they had stuck with a more grounded, organized crime, gang turf war with the Bratva, The Wire* style storyline. It would have made the Mayor's office work much better and been much more different than the other 3 shows. 

*My sincerest apologies to The Wire and its fans for even mentioning it in the same sentence as Arrow. 

28 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think Black Siren will be one of these interim bads so maybe they'll do better with her because we'll probably be getting her flashbacks, maybe with her E2 Oliver.

From what they've described so far though, wasn't L2L/O2's relationship basically the same as LL/OQ's except he didn't come back? I think they would have to show flashbacks to why L2L went evil instead of LL's legal crusader sans Oliver.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The way they wasted Brick in s3.

A season-long Big Bad doesn't work because they can't keep up the tension through 23 episodes (The Flash does a terrible job of it too) so they bring in short terms bads to plug the holes until they ramp up for the big run to the finale.  Unfortunately they often don't spend enough time on these characters so  a lot of it is a waste.

considering it'll still be Katie and Stephen in E2 world, I feel so sorry for Stephen and for us who have to witness the nails on chalkboard chemistry we'll have to witness. Hopefully they only do flashbacks to after she lost him, although in that world for all we know he got on the gambit to run away from her as usual.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

From what they've described so far though, wasn't L2L/O2's relationship basically the same as LL/OQ's except he didn't come back? I think they would have to show flashbacks to why L2L went evil instead of LL's legal crusader. 

Hopefully it was better because LL1/O1's relationship was pretty superficial.  Or maybe LL2 was angry that she never got to be Mrs. Oliver Queen.

3 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Unless L2L is bitter because Ollie2 ran off with Goth Felicity2...I would be interested in seeing that. 

She did seem to have it out for Felicity...?

• Love 14
(edited)

Didn't MG say that the sizzle reel would show what they had in mind for Black Siren in s6? Not that MG can be trusted but I just assumed she would be used mainly for Quentin and Dinah, obviously in different ways. But I'm sure she'll link into Oliver's story, too. Not sure why we need E1 Laurel flashbacks though. She's not E1 Laurel. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for the 523 episode description, I'm kind of confused why Felicity joining up with Helix is supposedly so bad when Oliver is literally going to team up with the guy who murdered his own mother. And Malcolm, again. Haha, this show.

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

As for the 523 episode description, I'm kind of confused why Felicity joining up with Helix is supposedly so bad when Oliver is literally going to team up with the guy who murdered his own mother. And Malcolm, again. Haha, this show.

Hahaha, so true, Helix is the least bad, bad guy on this show. 

I wonder if MG wouldn't be happier doing an anthology style comic show that resets every season. I guess he does that anyway.

American Arrow Story: Mass Murder

American Arrow Story: Revenge

American Arrow Story: Assassin Cult

American Arrow Story: Magic!!!

American Arrow Story: Vengeance (No, it's totally not the same as revenge) 

• Love 6
Just now, Angel12d said:

Honestly, part of me wishes they would just spoil that Chase kidnaps people already because the vagueness around it ("After recent events, Oliver decides to recruit..." "When the team isn't there for Oliver" "Desperate times call for desperate situations") just makes it look like Oliver just up and decides that villains are the way to win instead of possibly feeling backed into a corner (still not great reasoning for using villains on your team, but at least a bit more emotional justification). 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Hopefully it was better because LL1/O1's relationship was pretty superficial.  Or maybe LL2 was angry that she never got to be Mrs. Oliver Queen.

I thought it was the same but on that Earth Robert and not Oliver survived so he became the GA.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Honestly, part of me wishes they would just spoil that Chase kidnaps people already because the vagueness around it ("After recent events, Oliver decides to recruit..." "When the team isn't there for Oliver" "Desperate times call for desperate situations") just makes it look like Oliver just up and decides that villains are the way to win instead of possibly feeling backed into a corner (still not great reasoning for using villains on your team, but at least a bit more emotional justification). 

Yeah, I mean, I totally get why he's doing it. But it's the same justification as Felicity. She felt that the situation was desperate and wanted to use any means necessary, hence joining Helix. It's literally no different. That's why I'm honestly baffled by the idea that what she did was so terrible. IDGI.

10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, I mean, I totally get why he's doing it. But it's the same justification as Felicity. She felt that the situation was desperate and wanted to use any means necessary, hence joining Helix. It's literally no different. That's why I'm honestly baffled by the idea that what she did was so terrible. IDGI.

But remember she was an hypocrite while Oliver...I'm not really sure why, isn't, LOL.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

. Not sure why we need E1 Laurel flashbacks though. She's not E1 Laurel.

Hopefully the E1 Laurel flashbacks will be in this season as Oliver returns from Lian Yu.  It will be strange though since KC looks so different now than she did in s1.

If they can write it well enough, there is a whole lot of potential in contrasting the stone cold Oliver of the pilot episode to the self-actualized (I hope) Oliver of 5x23.

• Love 1

It seems cruel to make Stephen act with KC again, LMAO! Five seasons and the boy's fight-or-flight response to scenes with her is still very strong. He may have improved as an actor, but not to the extent that he could stop himself from looking like he's smelling bad fish. I say, keep the scenes in the present, the dynamic can work if BS remains a villain Oliver goes up against. 

Also given how popular the response to the dynamic between badass Felicity to villainous BS appears to be, I wonder if the show doesn't play that up again. 

• Love 13
Just now, Angel12d said:

Oh definitely it makes no sense why he's doing this after the show has now established that this way of thinking is "wrong," along with how they established how important it was to work with this team (nvm a majority get kidnapped) and how Oliver has to find out what kind of man he is (not a person who likes killing, but apparently someone who's pretty up for teaming up with people who do?) and how they established that when Slade gets out he pretty much would try to kill Oliver/his loved ones anyway and a bunch of other points.

I just hoping at this there's some additional explanation going into it besides the "desperate situations," if they even possibly have enough time for it. *Fingers crossed*

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If they can write it well enough, there is a whole lot of potential in contrasting the stone cold Oliver of the pilot episode to the self-actualized (I hope) Oliver of 5x23.

I hope they leave this to his scenes with Moria - ST is so much better, light years better, suited to that type of emotional material.   Not to mention SA seems to step it up even more with her.   Even Thea would be a far, far better choice. 

Speaking of Thea - do we have any hints of story lines for her next year?  I know she doesn't suit up again this year and Malcolm dies.  And Thea will not die - but I wonder if she leaves town.  I know there was the random Wild Dog romance thing, but no way that is about Thea.   There just seem to be way to many characters for next season (even with the flashbacks gone).

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Not sure why we need E1 Laurel flashbacks though. She's not E1 Laurel. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I thought what he was referring to was some flashback in the finale when Oliver returns, not Laurel's FBs in S6.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, looptab said:

I thought what he was referring to was some flashback in the finale when Oliver returns, not Laurel's FBs in S6.

I wonder what they could add that we didn't see in the pilot if he was talking about that though..we saw when she found out he is alive and when she met him again for the first time already.

17 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I wonder what they could add that we didn't see in the pilot if he was talking about that though..we saw when she found out he is alive and when she met him again for the first time already.

The way it was, that TV scene might not even be when she first heard about it. They're not above retconning :)

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Didn't he then say they couldn't do more LL flashbacks in the finale because there is too much going on already. I think the only one we will see is Moira.

Ok, I was going to say what would be the point of showing flashbacks for a dead character in an already jam packed episode? I think her role in his journey home was pretty much wrapped up in S1. Maybe he leaves the Picture of Doom on Lian Yu? Like she's not going to be a part of his next chapter because she's dead, buried, deceased, departed, bereft of life, no more...etc., and since DD showed up, mentions of her legacy are dead too.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Ok, I was going to say what would be the point of showing flashbacks for a dead character in an already jam packed episode? I think her role in his journey home was pretty much wrapped up in S1. Maybe he leaves the Picture of Doom on Lian Yu? Like she's not going to be a part of his next chapter because she's dead, buried, deceased, departed, bereft of life, no more...etc.

who tf has that pic anymore. she gave it back to him in 4x19, I wonder what he did with it since then. 

• Love 2
(edited)

It's probably with the shattered remains of her memorial statue.

(LL they did you wrong, girl!)

Do you think Chase pretended to be a sculptor and that statue was all part of his elaborate revenge? 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4

I think LL's Story was wrapped up in 5X10 esp in terms of her connection with Oliver and we'll most likely not revisit that (says a long prayer). I can see them now having Lance have his closure the way Sara did and BS be an antagonist for DD.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Hopefully the E1 Laurel flashbacks will be in this season as Oliver returns from Lian Yu.  It will be strange though since KC looks so different now than she did in s1.

I wonder if we will get a POV of Laurel, Moira, Thea, Tommy etc. getting the news report Oliver is alive for the first time once he got rescued. Probably not, since we would need Moira and Tommy's actors back.

• Love 1