Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Strange how Arrow never manages to affect The Flash though but it's always the other way around...

So why should Arrow be the only one that's ever affected then, if we have to go by the logic that it's a shared universe and the shows will sometimes be affected? I'm sick of it. 

I'm especially tired of metas on Arrow, even more so on a team led by a man without superpowers.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

So why should Arrow be the only one that's ever affected then, if we have to go by the logic that it's a shared universe and the shows will sometimes be affected? I'm sick of it. 

I'm especially tired of metas on Arrow, even more so on a team led by a man without superpowers.

What do you want The Flash to take from Arrow? Oliver being the Mayor of Central City? The show has to do something big enough to actually cause a chain reaction. 

Arrow is affected by The Flash but has the most characters who cross over to The Flash and help the team out.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

What do you want The Flash to take from Arrow? Oliver being the Mayor of Central City? The show has to do something big enough to actually cause a chain reaction. 

You're missing my point, I think. I don't want The Flash to take anything from Arrow. I want the shows to be left alone. 

But it's just interesting (annoying) to me that Arrow always has to deal with consequences of stuff that plays out on Flash and we just have to accept that. It's really annoying if you're someone who doesn't watch all DCTV shows.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

But I don't want Arrow to do anything! LOL. I just want Arrow to be left alone and vice versa. Keep metas on Flash. Let Barry affect/ruin his own show. Like, we spent several episodes of s4 setting up Legends. Baby Sara has been erased completely because Barry was a selfish dick again. It sounds like flashpoint is gonna affect Arrow yet again at the end of the season. FFS enough already. That's all I'm saying.

Edited by Guest

At the same time, the writers don't have to write metas coming to SC. They could just not do that. 

I do want to see Oliver interact with E2 Robert though. If they really wanted to surprise and delight me, they'd make the family Oliver's fighting Chase with be him. 

(edited)

I think even people who watch the Flash are tired of Barry screwing with time... Even though I didn't mind the crossover as a 3-part episode, I still don't care for aliens on Arrow.

Edited by Belinea

Putting this here, because I think it's funny. I can't wait to see what they say after 520:

“Olicity” Lamentably Returns For Arrow Episode 5×20’s Flashbacks

By Eric Joseph 

Although the 2016 election season in the United States had friends and family duking it out on social media, one could argue that a certain topic did the same for Arrow‘s fan base, that being “Olicity.” Sure, it could be said that romantically pairing Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak felt like a natural progression of the narrative, but the argument saying that it stole valuable screentime that could’ve been used for Laurel Lance’s rise as the Black Canary (she had to get her Canary Cry on The Flash, believe it or not) and other major developments was totally valid.

Late in season 4, I and many other fans breathed a sigh of relief when Star City’s power couple called it quits. But, as we all know, those Tumblr “shippers” can be a pretty vocal crowd, so maybe that’s one reason why “Olicity” is getting a last hurrah in May.

Before proceeding further, let’s read what executive producer Marc Guggenheim had to say to TV Line regarding episode 5×20’s flashbacks, which have been reported to further detail the breakup:

“The flashbacks are to a different time period, as we occasionally do. They take place between Seasons 4 and 5.”

Aside from giving viewers closure, this does make sense from a pacing standpoint when you consider that the flashbacks taking place five years ago are about to transition from Oliver being in Russia to his return to Lian Yu before being rescued, so there’s not too much more to explore there and it won’t hurt to try something else for that given week.

Like Guggeheim said, flashing back to different time periods to complement the current narrative is nothing new, so maybe they’ll find a crafty way to tie this into Felicity’s situation with Helix.

Arrow returns with new episodes on Wednesday, April 26 on The CW.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wow Olicity is so powerful. I didn't realize they were the sole reason that Laurel had to get her canary cry device on Flash. Wow.

Do they realize Laurel became BC in s3 when Olicity weren't even together? LOGIC FAIL.

Edited by Guest
39 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Sure, it could be said that romantically pairing Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak felt like a natural progression of the narrative, but the argument saying that it stole valuable screentime that could’ve been used for Laurel Lance’s rise as the Black Canary (she had to get her Canary Cry on The Flash, believe it or not) and other major developments was totally valid.

LOLOLOLOLOL!  Someone is confusing cause and effect.

Laurel had to get her Canary Cry on The Flash because at the time, there was no one on Arrow with that kind of tech. Now there's Curtis.

On the other hand, they should have had Laurel go to Central City for some kind of legal meeting and get her Canary Cry the way Dinah did.

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

Arrow never really does anything big where it would affect The Flash. Killing Laurel was the biggest since it paved the way for Black Siren.

The Flash has had people from different Earths meet up with their dopplegangers before.  They could have brought the Black Siren on without having to kill Laurel.  IIRC, she was brought over by a villain and  her appearance in Central City had nothing to go with Laurel's death.

But my big problem is not that the characters cross over to Arrow but that the zeitgeist does. The Flash is a very different type of show, and one which treats their female characters like a 50s TV show, and I don't want to watch that thinking on Arrow.

• Love 8
(edited)
31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But my big problem is not that the characters cross over to Arrow but that the zeitgeist does. The Flash is a very different type of show, and one which treats their female characters like a 50s TV show, and I don't want to watch that thinking on Arrow.

Yeah, remember when we had more main female characters than male ones on Arrow? (Felicity, Sara, Sin, Moira, Thea, Laurel, Shado, Isabel vs Oliver, Diggle, Roy,Slade, Blood, Lance) Maybe that's the detail they should remember about season 2.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Putting this here, because I think it's funny. I can't wait to see what they say after 520:

Hahaha LOLOLOL The reach is so real. 5x20 is going to be super delicious. 

As will season 6 when Black Siren isnt the centre of the entire universe, and doesn't get magically transformed back into Black Canary and a part of the team and becomes Olivers truwuvforeva.  

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I hope his article convinces all of his friends/followers/readers to watch 520 live. The bigger the audience the better ?

Edited by Buzzyspirit
  • Love 8

Don't they realise that 519 is also going to be pretty Olicity centric???

He's going after Felicity in the field, they are standing around looking tense and hot. 

Has that Eric fellow NOT seen the 519 previews??? Sheeesh!

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

As will season 6 when Black Siren isnt the centre of the entire universe, and doesn't get magically transformed back into Black Canary and a part of the team and becomes Olivers truwuvforeva.  

Lol majority aint expecting her to be the center of the universe or becomes Ollies true love. But it's already been delicious just having her come back.

38 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I've seen this spec all over, and personally, I think it's gross. It implies that E1 LL can be replaced by someone simply because she looks like her, even though her E2 counterpart is 1) evil and 2) has no history with any of E1 LL's friends and family except for her trying to kill them. Not to mention that in every redemption scenario that I've seen, the key to BS's redemption is her love for Ollie Oliver's magic dick.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I've seen this spec all over, and personally, I think it's gross. It implies that E1 LL can be replaced by someone simply because she looks like her, even though her E2 counterpart is 1) evil and 2) has no history with any of E1 LL's friends and family except for her trying to kill them. Not to mention that in every redemption scenario that I've seen, the key to BS's redemption is her love for Ollie Oliver's magic dick.

To be fair it's an idea that the comics suggested.  Not so much the evil part, but swapping one BC for one from another universe.  

You know, I wish Team Flash would sit Team Arrow down and parade the different versions of Harrison Wells in front of them to help them understand doppelgangers. "Which would you rather help you during a crisis? Hint: not HR."

I just hope that if they do try to redeem BS next year, which I don't want them to do because I like when KC plays evil so much more, it's as a good version of who BS was on E2, not an attempt at an E1 LL clone. 

Imagine next season if BS goes by Dinah, Tinah is still around and Lance's ex-wife comes to visit and somehow they're all in one scene. "Dinah?" "Who?" 

• Love 2

I tend to agree that there is a lot of story potential for the bad guy turning good(ish).  I hugely enjoyed Snart and Rory and their transformations on LoT and I adored Vala on Stargate in the later seasons (though she was always more a grey character rather than a bad guy) but I just don't feel like what KC has shown me with her acting skills will be enough to convincingly pull it off.  

Maybe she'll prove me wrong, but yeah, there's no way that E2 Laurel should ever end up with the same supposed personality that E1 Laurel had. I know I'd be much more receptive to BS if she always owns her more mean girl qualities.  

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Maybe she'll prove me wrong, but yeah, there's no way that E2 Laurel should ever end up with the same supposed personality that E1 Laurel had. I know I'd be much more receptive to BS if she always owns her more mean girl qualities.  

ditto

• Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

To be fair it's an idea that the comics suggested.  Not so much the evil part, but swapping one BC for one from another universe.  

Good old Because Comics. Even though BS isn't even from the comics. SMH.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The show even suggested it in 5x10, with Oliver looking for whatever he can find of E1 Laurel in E2 Laurel, as if they're somehow the same person. I hope that was just setup to prove him wrong, and not the path they're intending to take with her. 

• Love 6
(edited)
10 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Pic for 523. I guess it's not all on the island, then.

It's very purple.  Otherworldly.  I wonder if Oliver is going to get knocked out and visit with a few ghosts in different places.  Unless this is in 5-22?  How sure is that 5-23 label?

Edited by BkWurm1
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is that a hospital corridor?  Maybe that's where it flashbacks end.

It looks like it, and that is also my go-to guess, but idk I guess I assumed that both present day and flashbacks would end on the island for *parallelism.* But then again,

5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Unless this is in 5-22?

Looking at the timestamp, he posted it around the time SA posted about wrapping 522, so it might actually be 522. Although doesn't Bam also work on prepping stunt scenes, meaning that this could be a pic while they were prepping shots for 523?

52 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

IF they do redeem Siren and IF they do have her go soft for whatever reason, it better lead up to similar moment like this

cordelia_bitchisback.gif

I'm sorry, but Laurel Lance is no Cordelia Chase, and Katie Cassidy is no Charisma Carpenter. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

b3550600-faf8-0131-6dcd-0aa0f90d87b4.gif

It would take ALL the vodka for me to think of LL as Cordelia Chase and I don't even like Cordelia (SHUT UP)

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Is that a hospital corridor?  Maybe that's where it flashbacks end.

Maybe it comes back to Moira walking down the corridor to see Oliver in the hospital for the first time.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

The show even suggested it in 5x10, with Oliver looking for whatever he can find of E1 Laurel in E2 Laurel, as if they're somehow the same person. I hope that was just setup to prove him wrong, and not the path they're intending to take with her. 

I fully expect them to redeem E2-Laurel down the stretch, but hopefully, they're going to ship her off to another show once redemption has been achieved. If they're going to make her a permanent fixture on Team Arrow and build a father/daughter relationship with her and Quentin, it would almost be like Laurel never died at all. 

• Love 4

MG's on tumblr again now, but here's the one I found most interesting so far:

Not asking for spoilers, BUT is there a remote possibility that Lyla is behind Helix? Because pretty sure helix is super sketchy and its more than likely going to be a jaw dropper who is behind it..

519 is your episode.

• Love 1

I thought they had said 'he' too.

I mean the timing is there and Lyla would certainly be messed up because she has to know Felicitys involvement. I honestly can't imagine Lyla putting Felicity in these situations.

Just based on the way they've talked tho, I have a hard time seeing it as Lyla. I think MG is just saying 5x19 will answer the questions about Helix.

• Love 1

It is both a blessing and a curse that Collin has another show. If he were free they totally would scoop him but to do a Winter Soldierish storyline which could be a lot of fun but that would be another death undone. Basically just stop using death as a shock factor. 

• Love 1

Lyla strikes me as too by the book to be running Helix.  I feel like the plan at least originally was for Noah, Felicity's dad to have founded it, but we've been told he's not coming back this year, right?  Would they still have him as the head but not let him actually be in the episode??

• Love 2