Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

We can only hope JS and EBR are filming together. At this point, Felicity is the only one who hasn't shared a scene with Chase, right? It would be really odd - and wrong - if they don't before the end of the season. There has to be something coming up. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I'd be really curious how Prometheus's mind games would play off of a Felicity that's on the war path.

Well, if it's going to be 522/523 at that point I would think it would be more of a murder-crazy, desperate (less mind games, not counting potentially taking the battle to Lian Yu or freeing past villains) Chase playing off a slightly more level-headed, post-Helix plot (less fight fire with fire) Felicity, but same.

• Love 1

I am just glad we have Olicity finally discussing the break up, I did have a fear it would be swept under the rug and have both them just ignore what happened and reunite. The journey isn't ruined as it isn't fully over yet. Interested to see where they take from here. 

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I am just glad we have Olicity finally discussing the break up, I did have a fear it would be swept under the rug and have both them just ignore what happened and reunite. The journey isn't ruined as it isn't fully over yet. Interested to see where they take from here. 

I honestly can't wait to see them get married and bicker like old married couples... wait, they always did that T_T 

God I love them so much

• Love 5

Regarding time jumps - so, the show follows real time and the flashbacks have always been 5 years ago. The show ends in May, jumps 5 months over the summer and always starts up in Sept/Oct. In season 1 the show started in Oct (I think) which means Oliver returned in Oct (after 5 hellish years).  Now, in season 5 the flashbacks will be ending, presumably with Oliver's return. Except, it's May, not October. 

Does this just get retconned or have the writers* planned for it? Will there be a flash forward to Oct? MG has already mentioned flashbacks in episode 1 of season 6 (I think in the same breath he said they wouldn't be using flashbacks so much going forward). Is it possible they flash forward in 523 and back in 601?

*Yeah, yeah, incompetent writers never plan, cant't write their way out of a paper beg, too stupid to know their own show.

• Love 1

I honestly never took it as 5 years exactly. I don't think May 2012 needs to match May 2017. It's just always been roughly 5 years in my mind. Nobody can convince me that Oliver was back on Lian Yu for 8 whole months last season.

• Love 2
(edited)

Does this just get retconned or have the writers* planned for it? Will there be a flash forward to Oct? MG has already mentioned flashbacks in episode 1 of season 6 (I think in the same breath he said they wouldn't be using flashbacks so much going forward). Is it possible they flash forward in 523 and back in 601?

The show has always run in real time. As for the end of 523, they've always planned to end S5 with Oliver's rescue they said that waaaaay back in S1/S2 and, that doesn't require a "retcon". 

523 ends with whatever happens with Chase in May 2017. Then, you get a final flashback to Oliver on the island being "rescued" in October 2012. Maybe they throw in a VO, maybe they you get a radio clip announcing that Oliver has been rescued.

The only time they kept the flashbacks to actual time was in S1 and, 201-205 because they were setting up timelines to establish Oliver and Sara's journey's.  Those were specifically stated in show, other than that the show hasn't really claimed that the Island Flashbacks kept to "real time", just that each new season is a new year of Oliver's missing 5 years.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, bijoux said:

I honestly never took it as 5 years exactly. I don't think May 2012 needs to match May 2017. It's just always been roughly 5 years in my mind. Nobody can convince me that Oliver was back on Lian Yu for 8 whole months last season.

Yeah, I tried to keep track last year and it was a stretch to even say a month went by.  Between the time that he checked in on  Poppy at the cave to when they were running around in the tunnels looking for the idol, I don't think much more than a week really went by.  And a couple of those days were spent with Constantine.  

If the show runners wanted to, they have a lot of unaccounted for time that they could fill in.   

• Love 2

I agree, last year, in particular, is hard to stretch out island time. But, we don't know how long he was in Coast City. He could have spent most of the year there hanging from wires and only a few months on the magical mystery tour.

2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

523 ends with whatever happens with Chase in May 2017. Then, you get a final flashback to Oliver on the island being "rescued" in October 2012. Maybe they throw in a VO, maybe they you get a radio clip announcing that Oliver has been rescued.

I don't see them ending the season on the actual flashback, if that's what you mean. I think it would be pretty anticlimactic. (Unless, the big reveal is, OMG, it's a fake wig! And a fake beard! Or its not yet revealed and it's the cliffhanger. OMG, how does he grow that hair out? I can hardly wait to find out!)

They've already ended a season actually on the island with the "all's well that ends well" as they head back toward the plane. I'm hoping, if the gang is all there, that they at least stay over, camp out, sing around the campfire and roast marshmallows.

Just now, finnaire said:

I agree, last year, in particular, is hard to stretch out island time. But, we don't know how long he was in Coast City. He could have spent most of the year there hanging from wires and only a few months on the magical mystery tour.

I don't see them ending the season on the actual flashback, if that's what you mean. I think it would be pretty anticlimactic. (Unless, the big reveal is, OMG, it's a fake wig! And a fake beard! Or its not yet revealed and it's the cliffhanger. OMG, how does he grow that hair out? I can hardly wait to find out!)

They've already ended a season actually on the island with the "all's well that ends well" as they head back toward the plane. I'm hoping, if the gang is all there, that they at least stay over, camp out, sing around the campfire and roast marshmallows.

S2 ended on a flashback, not on the island. It wouldn't be unheard of or anticlimactic (IMO) to end 523 on the flashback to the rescue with a VO and possibly even an intercut between rescue/pilot and GA looking over his city (Batman style).

The whole point is to wrap up that 5 year journey while moving the show forward. 

I'm thinking ? means a flash forward to 6x09. I think they'll show the rescue/return earlier then spend some time setting up next season? Even though they don't usually end on cliffhangers but they are changing up the structure of the show. 

After all our speculation, I'll be really disappointed if Felicity doesn't factor into Prometheus' game plan in 522-523.

I'm guessing that the 601 flashbacks will show us something that happened over the summer (so maybe they've learned their lesson about showing rather than telling)...

-- On S6 flashbacks, MG: "Basically, we will end the island story very definitively. Um, next year, our approach to the flashbacks will be very different. It'll be episode-specific flashbacks. So - and they won't be every episode. It'll be, if there's a reason to flash back, we'll absolutely do so. We will be having those kind of flashbacks in 601, the sixth season premiere."

During that same interview, these comments by MG kinda explain why Oliver seems to go through the same inner angst every season (and probably will in every future season)...

-- On whether he feels that Oliver Queen is more of a cold-hearted killer or a decent man and a hero, MG: "Um, you know it's funny, I don't see why he can't be both. I think Oliver is a very complex and complicated person. And I think there is - what makes him interesting, for me as a writer and I think, to the audience, is, there are these two sides of him that are always at war with each other. There's the darkness in him that's a killer and vicious, and then there's the gentleman in him that's like the loving friend, devoted friend and brother. And they're constantly at war with each other. And I think, if you were to boil the show down into, like, one little bumper sticker, the show is really about this inner conflict within this man."

• Love 1

I think the Santa might mean seeing Oliver with that big Santa looking beard in the flashbacks. 

Also based on Stephen's picture from Friday, his flashback hair is still short. So they might do a time jump of the flashback for 5x23. 

• Love 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I also think that they're scared of making Felicity too important to the show

30 minutes ago, tv echo said:

After all our speculation, I'll be really disappointed if Felicity doesn't factor into Prometheus' game plan in 522-523.

Me too, and I am concerned that might happen for the same reasons as  @statsgirl above. I would like Chase to go after her because she outed him but not sure they would put her on the same threat level as Oliver. But there have been a lot of hints/foreshadowing that she's getting targeted.

I can't remember Felicity ever being targeted specifically for Oliver LI reasons not TA reasons. (Hey, how progressive, good job show) Slade was a setup. Ra's/The League sort of targeted Felicity but that arrow was more about getting Ray in the hospital. Hive shot up the limo because Oliver was in it. The Count caught her snooping. Am I missing any? If they follow show history, the whole team will be missing.

I skipped a lot of 5A or wasn't really paying attention. Have Chase/Thea had an antagonistic scene at all? What was his play on her? Perhaps it's coming in the "Fathers" episode as well.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
(edited)

No Chase/Thea antagonistic scenes so far. They have been in scenes together but I'm not sure they even interacted although I think we're supposed to think they did.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

I could see an argument that since Thea left in general and even Oliver thinks it's connected to the whole "he's a monster" thing that Chase wouldn't even be thinking about including her anymore. Then again his whole original plan seems to just kind of be abandoned (at this point), since even at the basest he actually worked to free Diggle after being the reason why he was arrested again in the first place (could just be that he felt earning Oliver's trust and betraying him would be more important than keeping Diggle away from Oliver/the team) and he had visible proof that killing Billy didn't push Felicity away at all (seemingly no follow-up or gain for him in this way at all, except for giving him ammo to frame the GA later, but even then that might crumble because of Felicity again anyway).

• Love 1
(edited)

So, why isn't Oliver more concerned about Talia?  I can see, when he tracked her down and discovered she had trained Chase that he might think the training part was her revenge. But, com'on, she's in Star City and she's the one that tranq'ed him. She is obviously still holding a grudge. And yet, Oliver thought it was all over because Chase got the true confession and there's been absolutely no further mention of Talia. I don't even think the team is aware of her presence.  It's a little detail they might actually need to know.

Edited by finnaire
  • Love 1

Looks like Black Siren is filming on Lian Yu based on KC's insta story. I guess the assumption is correct that she partakes in the kidnapping and the person that goes missing ends up on the island in 5x23

Do you think William will play into Chase's plan since he's also been mentioned a few times?
Hazy memory...but didn't SA hint that William will find out Oliver is GA soon?

If so, then maybe Felicity and William both get kidnapped and William finds out he is GA when he rescues them...

9 minutes ago, finnaire said:

So, why isn't Oliver more concerned about Talia?  I can see, when he tracked her down and discovered she had trained Chase that he might think the training part was her revenge. But, com'on, she's in Star City and she's the one that tranq'ed him. She is obviously still holding a grudge. And yet, Oliver thought it was all over because Chase got the true confession and there's been absolutely no further mention of Talia. I don't even think the team is aware of her presence.  It's a little detail they might actually need to know.

It's like how Oliver didn't bother to tell Felicity - or anyone, like, say Diggle - that Chase was in her apartment. Something that she should know, something the others should be aware of because it also means Chase can clearly access their own homes whenever he wants, without them knowing, but something that hasn't been mentioned, either because they want to use it somehow in an upcoming episode and if everyone knew, they could/should do something that could prevent that, or because they simply forgot that it's something that Oliver should tell the others. 

• Love 4
Just now, ComicFan777 said:

Do you think William will play into Chase's plan since he's also been mentioned a few times?
Hazy memory...but didn't SA hint that William will find out Oliver is GA soon?

If so, then maybe Felicity and William both get kidnapped and William finds out he is GA when he rescues them...

Yeah, SA said that William would find out that Oliver is GA "sooner rather than later," but I'm thinking that he plays into 521 "Honor Thy Fathers" and that it will just begin in reference in 520 and end in 521.

• Love 1

It makes sense for Diggle and Felicity get kidnapped- that's who Chase kept focusing on when torturing Oliver and the show has played up that Diggle and Felicity are the key to Oliver and vice versa with all that foreshadowing in 5x12 about how they make each other better and them protecting each other's souls. Plus I like the idea of an OTA focused finale.

• Love 2
(edited)

Maybe Diggle is guarding Felicity and gets taken along with her. They were setting up a stunt in the loft right? Hooray Delicity scenes!

"Oliver is dumb" has been the most consistent storyline this season, but come on, the dude that wants to utterly destroy your life and has escaped police custody explicitly threatens your closest teammates who are surveillance and security experts and you don't say anything? That's too stupid to live territory. 

ETA: If Felicity and William (or Thea) are taken at the same time, maybe Digg goes to save her while Oliver saves the kid.

Edited by leopardprint

I want to know which episode Oliver is celebrating his birthday, 5x22 or 5X23. I would say 5X22 because the air date is a day after his actual birthday. But then Stephen said it starts off violent and ends in cake...I would assume that would be the finale. Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Well dont the finale (3) episodes usually take place in a span of a few days or even 1 day. 

I thought that was only for S2 where everything took place in a 24 hour period. 

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I thought that was only for S2 where everything took place in a 24 hour period. 

it's been like that for the past 3 seasons. Last 3 episodes are usually one day. 

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 1

Back in Star City, everyone's prepared for an attack and no one has any idea what to do in May when there isn't one. "What, I have to work? But it's May. We're always under attack in May! I don't have to use my vacation time to take time off from work!" 

Also, "Wait, so our Mayor is gone? And his Deputy Mayor? And his former Chief of Staff? And all these people they hang out with? And none of the vigilantes have been seen around the city either? Huh. Nothing suspicious about that." 

• Love 14

Does anyone else remember who's in the ARGUS prison on Lian Yu? I know Slade and the Boomerang dude. Was BS put there too or is that somewhere else?

OK so far we haven't seen felicity and Oliver..fan said Emily was on set but wasn't allowed to see her. I am guessing she's really injured, so what if Felicity and Oliver are the ones kidnapped and the rest go find them?

And maybe the newbies are back in star city helping protect the city.

• Love 1