Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Twenty minutes of Felicity!!!! It's like all my dreams came true!!!!! *squeals and jumps around*

Do you think we'll get a present day kiss? Or will it be a really slow rebuild? 

I'm thinking an almost kiss that gets interrupted when the noobs come to save the day.  Then they are too busy to return to that conversation immediately.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm thinking an almost kiss that gets interrupted when the noobs come to save the day.  Then their too busy to return to that conversation immediately.  

Arghhhhhh I'm so excited!!!!

When is the big day? Need to keep the husband out of the house for a few hours!

So many hopes and dreams riding on this. Do you think it could in any way be a 505 situation though ( ie bad olicity stuff) or do you think they'd warm us if it was? I felt like we were sufficiently warned 505 was not good for us. 

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Arghhhhhh I'm so excited!!!!

When is the big day? Need to keep the husband out of the house for a few hours!

So many hopes and dreams riding on this. Do you think it could in any way be a 505 situation though ( ie bad olicity stuff) or do you think they'd warm us if it was? I felt like we were sufficiently warned 505 was not good for us. 

My gut says they would be double talking ahead of time if it was not good, but not til closer to the episode air date.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm good with either really, but I suppose they'll go with some kind of danger to make what the noobs are doing more important.  

I'm hoping they save themselves, working together using Felicity's brain and Oliver's brawn. Also, I hope it's an actual kiss, an actual reconciliation at the end of the ep, with something in the season finale signaling where they're going with them for S6 (ring? proposal? wedding?)

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Inpending danger would raise the emotional stakes for Olicity and increase the need to clear the air and work out their issues. Sort of like end of the world stakes.

It's the most likely choice but I'd be happy with them just unable not to start talking about their issues when it's just the two of them forced to be alone together for more than five minutes.  The Bunker is a big place so they must be confined somewhere in it where they can't get away from each other. 

1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm hoping they save themselves, working together using Felicity's brain and Oliver's brawn. Also, I hope it's an actual kiss, an actual reconciliation at the end of the ep, with something in the season finale signaling where they're going with them for S6 (ring? proposal? wedding?)

I'd love this as well but trying to keep my expectations in check.  

1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

519 is the TA vs TF episode right? For how they get to be in the bunker in 520 there's hiding from the law spec and trapped by bad guy spec but what if Oliver traps them there to get her to talk to him or prevent her return to Helix? She's locked him in and drugged him to save him. Or Felicity cuts power to Helix cue flashback to previous power outage romantic interlude?

I'm mildly apprehensive about the flashbacks just because of the S4 Laurel flaming nonsense. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3

It struck me as I was saw pictures of Stephen with his shorter hair that perhaps he cut it mid-shoot for episode 5.20 to distinguish his current longer hair from the shorter cut he had at the end of season 4 so that he looks different in the flashback.

Yes, I do realize that I probably gave 200 percent more thought to continuity than the Arrow writers. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I'm mildly apprehensive about the flashbacks just because of the S4 Laurel flaming nonsense. 

Psst me too

Part of me is crazy giddy and thinks maybe we might get a moment towards reconciliation.

The other part a bit weary that it'll be like the Laurel flashback nonsense episode. But I'm hoping they'd warn us in the media if this is the case.

31 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

519 is the TA vs TF episode right? For how they get to be in the bunker in 520 there's hiding from the law spec and trapped by bad guy spec but what if Oliver traps them there to get her to talk to him or prevent her return to Helix? She's locked him in and drugged him to save him. Or Felicity cuts power to Helix cue flashback to previous power outage romantic interlude?

I don't think locked in or hidingnworks given the spoilers. We've seen pictured of Curtis, Rene and Dinah going down an elevator shaft, probably as a rescue party 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

10 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't think locked in or hidingnworks given the spoilers. We've seen pictured of Curtis, Rene and Dinah going down an elevator shaft, probably as a rescue party 

I agree, plot seems to dictate trapped in need of rescue but I'd take the fan fic of Oliver locking them in so they have to talk.  :)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I think the FBs are going to be bad. I mean, we'll probably get a GIF-worthy sex scene so it won't be all bad, but the post-sex talk has to be painful enough to get them to a place where they are acting like pod people at the start of the season and she's hiding a secret boyfriend from him. So that's the part I'm bracing myself for. The present scenes should be good, though. I'm not anticipating a full on reunion but I like the idea of an interrupted kiss. I think they'll definitely be in a better place by the end of 520 and on their way to reuniting. (Bonus points if we get a better understanding of Oliver and why he's been acting so OOC this season).

The good news is we have so many spoilers already, so by the time it airs in May I think we'll be even more in the know and can prepare accordingly. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I hope this is it too.  I wonder if  5.04, 5.09, and 5.16 was laying groundwork for their relationship in the flashback portion.  In 5.04 Oliver & Lyla were on the same page about breaking Diggle out and just immediately dismissed Felicity without any discussion when she expressed misgivings.  In 5.09 we have Felicity and Thea frustrated about men not listening.  In 5.16 we have Felicity expecting a tongue lashing for being unavailable for work as well as her surprised reaction at him being worried about her. He doesn't even agree to a new team until after talking to Diggle.  

I am not trying to put all the blame on Oliver.  He's the one with the go it alone tendencies.  In trying to navigate their new status perhaps he made her feel like an employee instead of a partner so she needed something outside the lair. Along comes Billy who makes her feel valued.

Diggle & Lyla are supposed to be working on their issues in this episode too.

If the newbies are on their own trying to get to the bunker or whatever the shaft leads to, it would explain JH's response about who leads the team in Oliver's absence.

Edited by Sunshine
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

China White seems an odd character to appear in 5x17.

Could she have bern filming pick ups for 5x14?

Maybe, or could be mistaken reporting.  I agree that it's odd, but here's the tweet - and 517 started filming on Jan. 30...

Edited by tv echo

Instead of being excited I'm now bracing for that conversation. Why, why couldn't have Flashpoint erased this awful storyline?!?! Oliver could have lied about something else other than a kid. 

45 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I hope that means Felicity gets to do more stunts and punch people ?

That's my hope, too. I wasn't sure how to take what he said. Are they posting more videos? Are they doing the duo workouts because Oliver & Felicity will be doing more stunts together? I don't know, but it's something to look forward to.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Regarding JBA's new spoiler: I hope Felicity's position on William is that Oliver should be in his life, but only the parts that the show doesn't cover

Yup! In a way, I think her POV on the William situation is needed because so many people still seem to think she shouldn't have walked out on him for it, but the last thing I want is for her to suggest something that's going to make the kid a big part of the show. Best case scenario: she tells him that part of the reason the William thing freaked her out is because she didn't know what that meant for them having kids of their own.

That being said, instead of "legacy" the theme of this season actually seems to be "daddy issues," so I wouldn't be surprised if they close Oliver's five-year chapter with him making a big, mature decision like wanting to be a part of his son's life.

3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

That being said, instead of "legacy" the theme of this season actually seems to be "daddy issues," so I wouldn't be surprised if they close Oliver's five-year chapter with him making a big, mature decision like wanting to be a part of his son's life.

Same. Since Chasemetheus knows about William's existence anyway, they're going out of their way to show that Oliver sending the kid away didn't do much for his safety, so I wouldn't be surprised if he starts coloring full time in Star City sometime soon (hopefully off camera).

• Love 2

It would be a good time for Felicity to bring up her abandonment issues regarding that situation. Still this convo should have happened a year ago or at the beginning of this season imo..it's been too long. Revising that annoying storyline again doesn't excite me at all.

1 minute ago, GirlvsTV said:

Where are they getting these spoilers? Via MG dms? If so, why would a showrunner be slipping info to fans like this? It's weird right?

It is weird but he has been doing it the whole season, LOL. Not just with her.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, GirlvsTV said:

Where are they getting these spoilers? Via MG dms? If so, why would a showrunner be slipping info to fans like this? It's weird right?

He's been doing it for a few years now... SO while it may be strange, he's been doing it for a while...

4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

What did she say now? 

It's in the spoiler only thread

I don't think she actually knows anything. She makes shit up and pulls spoilers from other people and acts as if it's her info. 

• Love 5
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

It's in the spoiler only thread

I don't think she actually knows anything. She makes shit up and pulls spoilers from other people and acts as if it's her info. 

2 weeks ago she was talking about how they are deconstructing Olicity. 

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Just last week she posed a quote she got from yonkou as her own so...

I think Felicity will now have a different perspective on William. When Oliver sent him away, all she remembered was her father abandoning her. But after learning that he was indeed pushed away by her own mother she might have a different understanding. Because William too will one day learn that his father didn't die or abandon him but because he was the Green Arrow he sent him away for protection. So the conversation could lead to her saying that he might think he's protecting the kid but all he's doing is hurting both of them. I am actually excited for this as a I largely believe Felicity's abandonment issues is why she easily walked away.

11 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

It would be a good time for Felicity to bring up her abandonment issues regarding that situation. Still this convo should have happened a year ago or at the beginning of this season imo

If they talk about the demon spawn in a flashback, then ~technically~ it happened at the beginning of the season. And we're only seeing it now because hahahalol this is what us suckers get when we watch this show.

Edited by dtissagirl
Just now, dtissagirl said:

If they talk about the demon spawn in a flashback, then ~technically~ it happened at the beginning of the season. And we're only seeing it now because hahahalol this is what us suckers get when we watch this show.

I know that but I'm talking from my POV as a viewer, not from the characters' POV. That was a convo I would have been interested to see a year ago, months ago..now not in the slightest.

• Love 6
Just now, Cleanqueen said:

I am actually excited for this as a I largely believe Felicity's abandonment issues is why she easily walked away.

Yeah, I'm actually kind of excited for this simply because it means that we get Felicity's pov on something, especially something that I wanted her pov on, even if it's over a year late.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

2 weeks ago she was talking about how they are deconstructing Olicity. 

Never heard of this person but isn't that what they have done to some extent this season-broken them down to build back up?

Just now, Sunshine said:

Never heard of this person but isn't that what they have done to some extent this season-broken them down to build back up?

She was talking about future episode before the 5x20 spoiler came out. 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

She was talking about future episode before the 5x20 spoiler came out. 

Was she the one talking about how Olicity would end the season open ended and Oliver would have to choose between being with Felicity and Laurel?

Edited by Morrigan2575
25 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

BTW I don't trust that Winter Wonderland poster at all. 

Oh, good to know. The first tweet I saw of hers was last week's dialogue one between O/F, and I didn't think Yonkou had spoiled that one...

Just now, Trisha said:

Oh, good to know. The first tweet I saw of hers was last week's dialogue one between O/F, and I didn't think Yonkou had spoiled that one...

See below

13 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Just last week she posed a quote she got from yonkou as her own so...

• Love 1
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Was she the one talking about how Olicity would end the season open ended and Oliver would have to choose between Felicity and Laurel?

I remember reading something like that. 

11 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I know that but I'm talking from my POV as a viewer, not from the characters' POV. That was a convo I would have been interested to see a year ago, months ago..now not in the slightest.

Oh, yeah, me too, this kind of storytelling they're doing makes me wanna punch Guggie up the nose with a full print out of TVTropes.

• Love 12

As much as I would want to forget William exists, I think its good that we get a POV from Felicity especially since Oliver sending him away had to have made her wonder if she married him would he do that if they had a kid which they both seemed to want in the future. And there's the whole situation with her dad being similar and her abandoment issues because of it and they never really connected it with Oliver and his kid. So I hope it's something like that and not anything setting up William for a bigger role. I feel like they won't go there and and this will be about olicity talking everything out before a reunion but who knows. 

• Love 4

We're getting an O/F conversation we should have had well over a year ago. LMAO this show. Do we know if this talk is from the flashback though?

I mean, I never want to see William again but unfortunately he does exist and if they do intend to get O/F back together and move towards marriage and family, then the kid will need to be discussed and maybe even involved in some way in the future. It is what it is. 

Why does MG keep telling Jbuffyangel all this stuff though? It's a bit weird, IMO.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 8

I highly doubt they're going to decide to bring in William even part-time in S6. (Obviously there wouldn't be any time for him to appear in S5 unless Chase finds him and kidnaps him, which I don't think will happen because been there, done that with Darhk in S4.)

They didn't even want to show us scenes in S4 with Oliver visiting William so we'd care about the kid before he was kidnapped. Instead, we got one scene between the two, the comment about the visits to CC, then William stupidly thinking he was hanging out with his mother's friend when he was kidnapped, and the rescue. I think that was an indication of their plans as to how to use the kid on the show - very, very sparingly.

If they decide to make Oliver part of his life, I can see a mention here and there of Oliver going to see William wherever he is, which, for all we know, is on the other side of the country. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Why does MG keep telling Jbuffyangel all this stuff though? It's a bit weird, IMO.

Because she tells MG what he wants to hear? That's he's this super amazing writer? It might be too early to talk to mainstream entertainment media sites, but this is not gonna help the general audience get excited. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1
Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

Because she tells MG what he wants to hear? That's he's this super amazing writer? 

Ew.

Seriously though, I like spoilers but I'd also like her to stop now please. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Was she the one talking about how Olicity would end the season open ended and Oliver would have to choose between being with Felicity and Laurel?

I may be confusing them, but I'm pretty sure she was on the setting up a love triangle with Tinah train.

1 hour ago, Cleanqueen said:

So the conversation could lead to her saying that he might think he's protecting the kid but all he's doing is hurting both of them. I am actually excited for this as a I largely believe Felicity's abandonment issues is why she easily walked away.

The more spoilers I hear the more concerned I am that Felicity is going to end up apologizing for bailing. Does Oliver know that F's mom sent her dad away? The !Secret! was justified because Saint Samantha of the Baby Mamas insisted on it so I'm dreading a retcon where she also was the one deciding Oliver shouldn't be involved so we get more poor Oliver scenes. If they do want to bring William back he can physically be in 1 or 2 episodes and then just mentioned through phone calls and throwaway lines. I would be fine with the kid's return if it's part of a callback to when Felicity told Oliver about not just accepting things and he tells her what he wants for himself instead of things he does out of duty.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1