Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I've actually never seen Felicity question her decisions or the morality of anything she's done unlike Oliver. If this is an opportunity to see her question everything she's done, I'll take it. It just makes her a more dynamic character imo.

Great point, this would be an interesting way to look at it. Did she not question herself post Haventock though and about her hacktivist past? I'm almost as good at forgetting the show as the the writers. 

I'd be a little apprehensive of how things would look or turn out if Felicity is questioning herself about the morality of what she has done if it's because Oliver or Team Arrow that points out that she's wrong.  I mean, Team Arrow (maybe with the exception of Curtis) change their lines of morality on a daily basis, so I just don't want it to be she has to question herself because today, Oliver/Team Arrow decided this is where you draw the line, when it wasn't the case yesterday.

• Love 3

They seemed to have been trying to point out that she needs to be the "Sunshine and Rainbows" of the team so I'm wondering if she'll have a dust up with them about their hypocritical expectations of her. It would follow the theme of how she was always the light in previous seasons etc

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I'd be a little apprehensive of how things would look or turn out if Felicity is questioning herself about the morality of what she has done if it's because Oliver or Team Arrow that points out that she's wrong.

But why? Oliver only questioned his methods when people like Felicity and Tommy questioned it and said he was wrong. I see nothing wrong with something or someone pushing Felicity into questioning her choices. If the rest of the team says Felicity is wrong in her actions, wouldn't that push her to question herself? Because letting the means justify the ends, which is clearly what Felicity is doing right now, isn't the moral thing to do so in this case I actually wouldn't mind the team telling her she's wrong.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, EmilyBettFan said:

Chase/Simon is probably going to get Oliver to admit he's a hunter or whatever from the comics.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Very likely at some point in this game. But isn't that Oliver's strength?  I'm thinking it's a bit early for that.

Not really sure what the end for S5 is other than not the destruction of Star City.  If it's for Oliver to embrace both sides of himself wouldn't it make sense for Oliver to admit to Chase that he is a hunter now?  Gives him 5 episodes to come to terms with whatever he did and move past it.  Admitting it is the first step.   BFS said when he was writing it that it was cathartic.   520 sounds like it is a pivotal episode perhaps for more than just Olicity.  5.21 is Honor Thy Fathers which sounds to me like the upward swing if Oliver honors his.          

7 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Because letting the means justify the ends, which is clearly what Felicity is doing right now, isn't the moral thing to do so in this case I actually wouldn't mind the team telling her she's wrong.

I wouldn't mind this for Felicity if Susan didn't exist this season. I will probably rage blackout if we get Oliver questioning Felicity's morals and not one peep about her. To be fair, I don't think the show is intentionally setting up this comparison but that's how it looks to me.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

But why? Oliver only questioned his methods when people like Felicity and Tommy questioned it and said he was wrong. I see nothing wrong with something or someone pushing Felicity into questioning her choices. If the rest of the team says Felicity is wrong in her actions, wouldn't that push her to question herself? Because letting the means justify the ends, which is clearly what Felicity is doing right now, isn't the moral thing to do so in this case I actually wouldn't mind the team telling her she's wrong.

For me, it would depend on how the team talks to her. I don't want it to be them lecturing her or them telling her what they need her to be for them in a way that makes it seem like that is what's important - what they need from her. 

• Love 4

If the team had clearly drawn lines of morality that they've always followed, sure they can point out that line to her.  However, the rest of Team Arrow crosses lines all the time.  Depending on how this all goes down, I just think that the team would look pretty hypocritical telling Felicity not to do things a certain way because they feel like it is the wrong thing today.  I would prefer that Felicity realizes that she might be going too far herself, not that Team Arrow taking the moral high ground and pointing it out to her.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

For me, it would depend on how the team talks to her. I don't want it to be them lecturing her or them telling her what they need her to be for them in a way that makes it seem like that is what's important - what they need from her. 

8 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

If the team had clearly drawn lines of morality that they've always followed, sure they can point out that line to her.  However, the rest of Team Arrow crosses lines all the time.

The only way it could work is they approach with concerns about the harm she is doing to herself but really no one except Curtis has not done worse like intentionally killing someone. It's going to be hard to thread that needle where they don't look like utter hypocrites. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I wouldn't mind this for Felicity if Susan didn't exist this season. I will probably rage blackout if we get Oliver questioning Felicity's morals and not one peep about her. To be fair, I don't think the show is intentionally setting up this comparison but that's how it looks to me.

I don't really get the connection here. It's clear from last episode why Oliver was with Susan. It's because he was lonely. And the fact that he cares about Felicity and her to the point where he actually talks to her about her actions over Susan's says a lot, imo. 

3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I wouldn't want the team lecturing her about what was wrong either. I'd want them to talk to her to show here that they're concerned. 

1 minute ago, ComicFan777 said:

If the team had clearly drawn lines of morality that they've always followed, sure they can point out that line to her.  However, the rest of Team Arrow crosses lines all the time.  Depending on how this all goes down, I just think that the team would look pretty hypocritical telling Felicity not to do things a certain way because they feel like it is the wrong thing today.

I agree that the team has clearly drawn lines of morality themselves and this has changed. However, I need to wait and see what Felicity actually does in order for it to be Team Arrow v Team Felicity because there has to be a good reason why they aren't following her in that episode. But again, it depends on what happens and how it all goes down. 

• Love 5

I have been wondering about who will be on the island with Oliver.  If I am remembering correctly, the shooting notice for Monday referenced two heroes.  I am assuming that makes it present day because I cannot figure out who the two could be based on the flashback story line (even if you generously assume Oliver is one). 

So two questions - who is the second hero (assuming Oliver is the first)?  Isn't WH back for this episode?  Could it be a return trip for the Queen siblings?  And why? Did Thea go there to hideout for some reason?  I assume it is not to see Slade since we have heard nothing about the actor being back.  Did Oliver leave something on the island?  Are Oliver and Felicity really on the run (I guess if you are trying to hide from Helix an out of the way island might be a way to go)?

I am hoping it is not Oliver and one of the newbies - I still can't say I am enjoying them - but the longer they are in the background the better the chance of that happening. 

• Love 1

To me, I can't see them saying that what she's doing is necessarily "wrong," since it gets the results they want (info to find Walker, Susan, and most likely Oliver) and since they've been doing illegal, arguably worse, things as vigilantes since day 1. Rather, the thought process going into what she's doing is what's wrong here (going out of one's way to do an intense ends justify the means approach-rather than the find another way approach that has continuously seen results before-along while making the decision unilaterally).

Where it seems to be going to me is that Felicity has decided by herself that an ends justify the means approach is what's best and that she's going to do this approach on her own instead of talking to the team about finding another way (which has normally been her go-to strategy). It's not as much of a moral issue as much as a problematic point-of-view issue. Following this pov has brought trouble for them before (s3, even Diggle and Felicity commented this when confronted with the idea of teaming up with Malcolm back in 312), so even though Felicity is in a more down place emotionally than she was in s3, it doesn't change the idea that that pov brings serious problems.

So, hypothetically spit-balling, you've got Oliver in 518 taking a similar approach in bringing in the Bratva to help them and Diggle arguing against it (Felicity is just "shocked" while Diggle is the one who's going to have the "hard conversation"), bringing the idea of following that pov to the light as a bad idea because of the consequences and not because of the moral implications from it. Following that (assuming by the end of 518 Oliver agrees in some form with Diggle and either stops the Bratva or severely decreases their involvement), you've got Oliver and Felicity on opposite sides of dealing with the problem, Oliver using the team with Felicity still following the pov with using Helix. There you have a direct line of conflict where Oliver can't necessarily call out Felicity's approach as completely "wrong," since he was going for a similar plan in the previous episode, but he still can openly disagree with her approach, given previous experiences along with whatever goes down in 518. Then you've got 520 that possibly goes deeper into the motivations of why Felicity is thinking this way to Oliver and them reconciling their differences.

Bunch of rambling, but it comes down to I think they're going to go more into that her new approach has consequences that she was just deciding on her own rather than talking it out with the team (even when other parts of the team found out, she rejected all of their concerns and still continued what she's doing), which she has always done and advocated doing for years.

• Love 8

I don't think she questioned it but there really wasn't a choice. If she could have stopped the nuke, she would have. But she couldn't so she redirected it. There was no choice to make.

One of the things I like about Felicity is that she's comfortable with the fact that while there are moral rules she would prefer to live by,  you can't always have what you want and you have to make choices to optimize the result. I really don't want to see her wallowing Oliver-like in a pit of despair.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

If I am remembering correctly, the shooting notice for Monday referenced two heroes.  I am assuming that makes it present day because I cannot figure out who the two could be based on the flashback story line (even if you generously assume Oliver is one). 

Did it say heroes? I thought it just said actors?

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

I think the notice said people with guns follow "our two heroes," as a warning that there will be gunshots heard for the time period.

Edited by way2interested
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

The version I saw was a write-up - so may be the original did say actors.  Sigh.  That's far less interesting since it is likely Oliver's return to the island from Russia.

I was hoping there was something present day. 

8 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I think the notice said people with guns follow "our two heroes," as a warning that there will be gunshots heard for the time period.

That was the version I saw - now I am not sure which is correct.

1 minute ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

The version I saw was a write-up - so may be the original did say actors.  Sigh.  That's far less interesting since it is likely Oliver's return to the island from Russia.

I was hoping there was something present day. 

This is the only one I've scene. It has scenes between 2 actors and then a 3rd scene with the 2 actors and a bunch of armed men. 

Sounds like a flashback to me.

• Love 1

The filming notice says:

• "... a dialogue scene between two actors..."
  • "Most scenes involve dialogue between two actors on the beach..."
  • "There will be one scene that features several men with exposed weapons on the beach confronting our heroes."

C6_hL-NUwAESS6I.jpg

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yes or at least they used to be.

So may be heroes is hyperbole and it is a flashback.  So who goes back to the island with Oliver from Russia?  Thalia?

I have to admit this is the most interest I have had in the island in a long, long time. 

31 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I don't really get the connection here. It's clear from last episode why Oliver was with Susan. It's because he was lonely. And the fact that he cares about Felicity and her to the point where he actually talks to her about her actions over Susan's says a lot, imo. 

It's just residual frustration from the previous two episodes and the show people still pushing the character as non shady. I didn't mean to imply that Oliver cares because he is not lecturing her. Hopefully, we are done with her til she shows up for her final "Breaking News" scene.

30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

One of the things I like about Felicity is that she's comfortable with the fact that while there are moral rules she would prefer to live by,  you can't always have what you want and you have to make choices to optimize the result. I really don't want to see her wallowing Oliver-like in a pit of despair.

Felicity is definitely not a wallower, thank goodness, but I don't want a scene where O/D talk to her like she doesn't consider right and wrong. I'm guessing the next task will be a doozy or there will be some unforeseen consequences from the drone stuff. 

28 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

This is the only one I've scene. It has scenes between 2 actors and then a 3rd scene with the 2 actors and a bunch of armed men. 

Sounds like a flashback and present day scene.

29 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Aren't the flashback scenes usually filmed on Mondays? Just remembered because SA posted the picture of him in the sleeveless GA suit on a Monday.

I think this season though that SA is off on most Mondays.  He has filmed on a couple of Mondays though so no way of knowing.  The Monday you are referring to he filmed Monday-Wednesday that week and did Celebrity Ninja Warrior on Thursday.

If its present day, I would like it to be Olicity and for there to be a callback to 2x23. Please and Thank You.

KP is hearing KC would be back to film middle of next month, though his source hasn't confirmed it. I'm guessing season finale then, which would make the most sense for flashbacks.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

If its present day, I would like it to be Olicity and for there to be a callback to 2x23. Please and Thank You.

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

(I'm totally not going to get this one but it's worth a try and 2/3 isn't that bad :))

• Love 6

I JUST WANT THEM TO BE ALL SHOULDER TO SHOULDER PARTNERS AND TOUCHY COUPLEY FROM 5x20 ONWARDS! I WANT ALL THE FEELINGS OKAY?!

Also that beach scene was a thing of beauty and deserves some love.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I JUST WANT THEM TO BE ALL SHOULDER TO SHOULDER PARTNERS AND TOUCHY COUPLEY FROM 5x20 ONWARDS! I WANT ALL THE FEELINGS OKAY?!

Also that beach scene was a thing of beauty and deserves some love.

AFTER SEASON 4 WE DESERVE THE WORLD D:

COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN Arrow, make all our dreams come true

• Love 5

If it's flashback, either Talia or Amanda Waller.  Whichever arranges for a boat to pick him jup.

If KC were to come back to shoot for the finale, how would Laurel fit into it?   She only heard about Oliver's return from the news broadcast that she promptly shut off.  Laurel wasn't looking for him or even there at the docks or runway when he returned.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

If it is flashback I would prefer Anatoly to Talia (although calling either one of them a hero is weird).  I wonder who is shooting at them.

12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If KC were to come back to shoot for the finale, how would Laurel fit into it?

Badly and unnecessarily - if past history is any indication.  

• Love 4

Wow. I totally forgot Anatoly was on the island with Oliver. Lol. 

9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If it's flashback, either Talia or Amanda Waller.  Whichever arranges for a boat to pick him jup.

If KC were to come back to shoot for the finale, how would Laurel fit into it?   She only heard about Oliver's return from the news broadcast that she promptly shut off.  Laurel wasn't looking for him or even there at the docks or runway when he returned.

I was thinking flashback within a flashback if it's Oliver, something to remind him that pic exists. They could toss a curveball and give Quentin a flashback, which is an idea I like but don't think will happen.

Edited by Chaser
Just now, Chaser said:

I'm hoping Felicity and IQ points are a packaged deal so when Olicity gets back together Oliver realizes how stupid he was about BS and they forget all about her.

That would be nice. But I think the best way to ensure that is to send BS back to her Earth.

12 hours ago, Chaser said:

I know. I was thinking 5x18 is the setup. Felicity steps away from the Team in 18 because of her actions in 17 to save Oliver.

From the sound of it I'd say that Oliver is the one that comes back from his time with Prometheus and decides to disband the team.  I think we are going to get full on, "I must do all of this alone" Oliver.  Bringing in the Bratva wouldn't count.  Toss in the shoot to kill order for the GA as extra incentive for keeping everyone out of it.

I suspect that I'm going to walk away from next week's episode really frustrated.  Just the way SA talks about worrying about his performance and the show being forever changed has me concerned.  It almost sounds like code for "CRAP, WE SHOULD NOT BE DOING THIS!!"

6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I don't think she questioned it but there really wasn't a choice. If she could have stopped the nuke, she would have. But she couldn't so she redirected it. There was no choice to make.

Yeah, Felicity has always been really pragmatic about the extremes that Oliver and the team has had to sometimes take.  I don't want to lose that but I feel that's that area they are going to take from grey to well, darker grey.  Felicity is never going to be completely dark.  

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if they are going to retcon that.  We had it right from MG that when Laurel heard the news report of Oliver Queen being back in town, that was supposed to be the first time she'd heard of it, but nothing on screen explicitly said that.  Personally, I'd welcome it if they made it so that she'd already known about it at that point since it's just not logical that she'd have been so out of the loop about that big of a story.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

I was thinking Anatoly, if only for the fact that there's NO WAY he'd be happy going back to the island, and I enjoy it when he's cranky.

I'm leaning towards Anatoly as well, mostly because I think it would be hilarious and I want more Anatoly ?

• Love 3

In response to someone's question upthread, per spoilers, Evelyn will be back for 517 (shoot dates: January 30-February 8, 2017) and/or 518 (shoot dates: February 9-21, 2017) - it's not clear...

• The day after 516 aired, in response to fans asking about Evelyn, MG tweeted: "Next week." (Mar. 16, 2017, MG tweet, page 55 of Spoilers thread)
  • On Feb. 8, 2017, papp tweeted: "Artemis is back." (pursuit23 tweet, page 52 of Spoilers thread)
  • On Feb. 8, 2017, papp tweeted: "Got #autographs today from #Arrow stars Rick Gonzalez & Madison Maclaughlin." (OutlawHobbies tweet, page 53 of Spoilers thread)
  • On Feb. 10, 2017, in response to fan who asked when Artemis was returning, MMcL tweeted: "You won't have to wait long. @ARROWwriters really pushed it with this one. We're having so much fun with it ??." (MMcL tweet, page 53 of Spoilers thread)
  • On Feb. 10, 2017, MMcL tweeted: "We're a family and I think that really translates on screen. And y'all...are you in love with @JulianaHarkavy yet because I AM ??." (MMcL tweet, page 53 of Spoilers thread)

In response to someone's question upthread, here's the DR quote about Tinah from the TVInsider article...

And though Ramsey acknowledges he has heard from people about potential sparks between Diggle and Dinah (Juliana Harkavy), he admits it's probably just the actors' natural chemistry. "Juliana is an incredible actress, and I think she just lights up the screen," he says.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I keep forgetting that Evelyn is part of 517. So I'm guessing she helps them find Oliver as a change of heart? Although then I would wonder how the Helix part would come in if they don't end up using it (then again it could be more of a Felicity starts to use their resources anyway, so she still has to return the favor regardless?).

10 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I keep forgetting that Evelyn is part of 517. So I'm guessing she helps them find Oliver as a change of heart? Although then I would wonder how the Helix part would come in if they don't end up using it (then again it could be more of a Felicity starts to use their resources anyway, so she still has to return the favor regardless?).

Maybe Felicity uses Helix to find Evelyn and the team tries to convince her to tell them where Chase is holding Oliver? 

Or Evelyn is where Chase is holding Oliver and has a change of heart when she sees what he's doing to him? Maybe it'll be one of those things where the team runs into her when they're going to get Oliver and thinks she could be a problem, only for her to help them? 

It might all depend on what exactly Evelyn has been up to all this time, which I guess we'll find out this week? 

6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I wonder if they are going to retcon that.  We had it right from MG that when Laurel heard the news report of Oliver Queen being back in town, that was supposed to be the first time she'd heard of it, but nothing on screen explicitly said that.  Personally, I'd welcome it if they made it so that she'd already known about it at that point since it's just not logical that she'd have been so out of the loop about that big of a story.  

For all we know, they'll retcon his return a bit and have them have a different first conversation, one that is more fitting for the Laurel they've been selling since she died. I honestly wouldn't put anything past this show right now. They would probably then use the Flashpoint excuse in interviews. 

Maybe like on LOT Laurel's return is a vision sequence that wraps up her BC role as Dinah takes on the mantle.  She smiles down on Oliver with her love and the approval of his choice. 

I'm thinking Evelyn is there for Chase torturing Oliver. Not sure about any change of heart. I know MM worked with JH, but that could very well be a confrontation when they come for Oliver. Evelyn staying aligned with Chase drums in the 'everybody who gets close to me faces ruin' theme. Then, for added bonus, Chase could kill her in front of Oliver as well.

• Love 1

It would be quite a twist if Chase killed Evelyn in front of Oliver but then she coudn't have scenes with Dinah in 518. Too bad.  Maybe they want to redeem her to prove to Oliver that he doesn't kill everyone he touches.

8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

From the sound of it I'd say that Oliver is the one that comes back from his time with Prometheus and decides to disband the team.  I think we are going to get full on, "I must do all of this alone" Oliver.  Bringing in the Bratva wouldn't count.  Toss in the shoot to kill order for the GA as extra incentive for keeping everyone out of it.

I suspect that I'm going to walk away from next week's episode really frustrated.  Just the way SA talks about worrying about his performance and the show being forever changed has me concerned.  It almost sounds like code for "CRAP, WE SHOULD NOT BE DOING THIS!!"

Yeah, I also think that Oliver is going to be all "I must do this alone" and Felicity finally realized that she can't do it Oliver's way Every. Damn. Time. and joins up with Helix to get the job done.

Poor SA.  He wants to be protective of his character, and of the people who work on the show from his answer at the Paley panel, and there's just no way to do that with these writers.

8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I think Moira would have called her as soon as she found out that Oliver was still alive.  Laurel had the right to know, she'd not only been Oliver's girlfriend, her sister had been on the boat with them.

But if they're going to be bringing someone from the past back to wrap it up, it makes more sense for it to be Moira than Laurel.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yeah, I also think that Oliver is going to be all "I must do this alone" and Felicity finally realized that she can't do it Oliver's way Every. Damn. Time. and joins up with Helix to get the job done.

The only thing that makes me somewhat question that that's going to be the exact case is the fact that SA called 519 "Team Arrow vs. Team Felicity" and said that Oliver is leading up Team Arrow while Felicity is working with Helix. Although I'm guessing that he might go his go it alone approach at the end of 517 and then 518 and then change his approach at the end of 518 after whatever talk happens between him and Diggle, while Felicity uses Oliver's approach in a different way by joining up with Helix.

• Love 1