Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?! ALL THE FLASHBACKS ARE OLICITY CENTRIC TOO. Not just some. ALL.

OH MY GOD.

I can't even. What are words.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

I can't believe we're going to get 20+ minutes of Olicity in 520

I feel so alive and so blessed

I'm afraid. It's almost too good to be true, but it is true so the next thing is it's too good to be good.  But SA seems like he's certain he's going to get some happy people and that happy shiny people could only be people like me so OMG it is going to be so freaking GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 7

Does anyone remember a pre-production photo taken on the Olicity loft set that looked like the stunt crew coordinating a fight? What episode was that supposed to be for?

edit: Nevermind, I found it. This pic was posted mid-January, which would place it into the prep-time period for 517. Hmm...

Edited by lemotomato

He's talking previz and prep. Would they be prepping a srubt for 518 during 517 filming? 

I suppose it could be something present day in the loft but that doesn't seem to fit with 517 being a flashback episode.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Usually it's just really fb heavy but if we have Oliver kidnapped, I can imagine the present day stuff nearly all between Oliver and Chase.

I'm betting on that too. SA did mention 517 as a heavy episode, right? I took that to mean workload as well. Maybe there'll be some cuts to the team trying to find him or they'll just have them show up at the end and bring him back to the bunker. I think that's where the SC map is that can be seen in the set photo SA posted during filming.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP8VycNDUDo/?taken-by=stephenamell

2 hours ago, wonderwall said:

I can't believe we're going to get 20+ minutes of Olicity in 520

I feel so alive and so blessed

Now, THIS is the sort of news you want to read first thing in the morning.

5f2a471b8579bf7a0ec51ff2b04fa4eb.gif

• Love 9
Just now, bijoux said:

I'm betting on that too. SA did mention 517 as a heavy episode, right? I took that to mean workload as well. Maybe there'll be some cuts to the team trying to find him or they'll just have them show up at the end and bring him back to the bunker. I think that's where the SC map is that can be seen in the set photo SA posted during filming.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP8VycNDUDo/?taken-by=stephenamell

Now, THIS is the sort of news you want to read first thing in the morning.

5f2a471b8579bf7a0ec51ff2b04fa4eb.gif

You win for the best giffage.  Well done!

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

He's talking previz and prep. Would they be prepping a srubt for 518 during 517 filming? 

I suppose it could be something present day in the loft but that doesn't seem to fit with 517 being a flashback episode.

517's prep dates were 1/19-1/27, 518's were 1/31-2/8, so maybe.

Edited by lemotomato

So, about Susan betraying Oliver. If she was actually in the next episode, I could totally see her running the story of Chase being the throwing star killer while Oliver is kidnapped and despite being warned that she can't do it. As she is not, I'm willing to amend to be part of her motivation for the betrayal. I had the biggest damn scoop in years with Chase bring this crazy killer and had to sit on it because you just had to go and get yourself kidnapped by him. And now my wounds have healed so it won't play as well on TV screens! What sort of a vigilante are you anyway?

• Love 3

So from that article Susan is a pointless character. That's disappointing. I kept hoping for her to do something interesting about the informations she collected on Oliver instead they teased all that for nothing. I guess I was supposed to care about Oliver dating her if what they were doing was dating which I'm still not convinced about. I think they need to acknowledge that whatever they had going on is over because they left things hopeful between them in their last scene together and Chase kidnapped her because she was important to him. But seriously what a waste of time that character.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, lemotomato said:
10 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I just read a Natalie Abrams article where she claims that Susan has become invaluable to Oliver and this episode proved it (I wouldn't know, didn't watch). But they really are still pushing her as a good person. IDGI. Help me understand! Why introduce her as a shady snake if she's actually decent? She doesn't come across that way, fools.

Natalie is an arrow reddit fangirl. That is all you need to know. 

• Love 1

I'm waiting for the reveal that Alena's last name is Morrison and that she turns out to be Simon''s brainy sister...

Alena (to Felicity): "I never told you my full name, did I? It's Alena Morrison."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

How many fathers can we list? Ra's (bleh), Robert, Chase's criminal daddy, likely Malcolm at this point, hopefully Noah at least referenced with Felicity's involvement with Helix...

If you go by the show..... Dig said he dated her because he was lonely, that's it..... lonely.   So in essence, he had something amazainly great with Felicity and she told him she was shutting the door on them.   So he went for the first person who showed interest in him because he didn't want to be alone.   Essentially she was a rebound chick.   He thinks he cares about her, because he wants what he had with Felicity so he is forcing it with Rita Skeeter, but its not working because he just couldn't get himself to make them mile stones with her, to fully let her in, to be intimate with her physically or emotionally until it was becoming obvious that he was holding himself back.

• Love 14

This girl talks to MG in DMs. I'm actually happy this is the case. It would parallel them being fractured to them mending their issues and reuniting. It'll also be a great way to see what happened to them in the summer and how they got to this point. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I wonder if Oliver is actually going to remember Robert and the list.

Considering Lian Yu is more than likely featured in this episode, I'd say signs point to yes this time.

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

How many fathers can we list? Ra's (bleh), Robert, Chase's criminal daddy, likely Malcolm at this point, hopefully Noah at least referenced with Felicity's involvement with Helix...

I'm assuming it's limited to Robert, Justin Clayborne and Ra's although I did think of Noah as a possibility. I didn't think about Malcolm because I hate Malcolm and hate that this show keeps acting as if Malcolm being a sperm donor makes home Thea's father

2 hours ago, theOAfc said:

Natalie is an arrow reddit fangirl. That is all you need to know. 

she couldn't get her GA/BC romantic confirmation so shes now pushing for susan williams. Anyone but olicity ya know.

• Love 7

So Merlyn and Thea must be back for 521 as well. Does he still want revenge on Oliver? Is Felicity's dad supposed to show up this season? 

The parallels to Batman are glaringly obvious but is one of the EPs a Hannibal fan? Claymonchasetheus totes wants to be murder boyfriends with Oliver. 

Having read that bizarre EW article on the reporter, I wonder what her role going forward could be (I also would like to know how this character was described to the actress). She's in two more episodes at least, so breakup and reporting on Chase and/or GA? If she's not in the next episode is she also not going to care that Oliver is kidnapped or do anything to help? 

Oliver just saved Susan at the cost of his own kidnapping so wouldn't even a bad person want him safe again?  It really does seem at this point that Susan was just there to give Oliver someone person to worry about who wasn't Felicity or couldn't fight like Dinah.

I wonder if 520 was always planned to have flashbacks to last summer, or if they only frantically put that in when people were complaining so much about how weird Oliver and Felicity were around each other this season.

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

I hope Sarah Tarkoff has her head in the game because it seems like MG's isn't.  (I hope s6 is better than this one.)

The shooting this ends March 27.  That means they have to shoot the last two episodes in April. That's a pretty tight timeline on post production for the crew.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Oliver just saved Susan at the cost of his own kidnapping so wouldn't even a bad person want him safe again?  It really does seem at this point that Susan was just there to give Oliver someone person to worry about who wasn't Felicity or couldn't fight like Dinah.

I wonder if 520 was always planned to have flashbacks to last summer, or if they only frantically put that in when people were complaining so much about how weird Oliver and Felicity were around each other this season.

I hope Sarah Tarkoff has her head in the game because it seems like MG's isn't.  (I hope s6 is better than this one.)

The shooting this ends March 27.  That means they have to shoot the last two episodes in April. That's a pretty tight timeline on post production for the crew.

That's normal though, SA has always flown diresctly from the last day of shooting to Walla Walla for his wine event. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

What can she do to help?

She's a good person and a good reporter. She can report, goodly.  

IDK, she is supposed to be an investigative reporter so she could at least ask her PI or something? 

• Love 2

I think he meant his head is in season 6 mode. 

And I do believe an olicity centric episode was probably planned from the beginning, they probably didnt know where to fit it in and it's probably why it took this long to get it perhaps.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I feel like that could be a possibility. Like, whatever happens in present day was always planned but the idea of the 4.5 flashbacks came later (although I don't think too later for them to be frantically put in, but more like down the line after some early reviews came in), but for all I know this may have been the plan all along, and that could be one of the reasons why the writers/EPs seemed pretty blase about Oliver and Felicity in the first half of the season ("I get people are complaining, but we'll get to it near the end of the season." Big/full picture and all that).

7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I really liked 516 which she co-wrote, so I've got tentative hope. Plus, since 516 was kind of the "let's introduce just how crazy Chase is" episode, 521 could possibly follow that line too, since shows tend to assign writers similar beats/characters, so I think it could turn out fine.

Also, isn't Arrow always pressed for the last 2-3 episodes pretty much every year? Or at least I remember they were pretty behind schedule last year as well.

• Love 3

Both. I'd like Prometheus to have a hand in putting Helix in Felicitys path to use it against her at some point, but I'd like her to flip the script and take over Helix.

• Love 17

Both, kind of like @Chaser said. I want this to connect to the main plot somehow like Chase or Talia having a hand in connecting Helix to Felicity and vice versa (as opposed to being completely out of left field or suddenly a last minute big bad), but I want Felicity to ultimately stick it to them and possibly have the people who are in charge coming back as a Maxwell Lord-esque villain later.

• Love 4

In the interviews, Josh Segarra says that he hasn't shot a scene with Felicity in it yet.  Do you think he was referring to what was aired (i.e. including ep 516) or what they've shot (520)?  If it's the latter, that's a long time I have to wait before Chase and Felicity confront each other.

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

In the interviews, Josh Segarra says that he hasn't shot a scene with Felicity in it yet.  Do you think he was referring to what was aired (i.e. including ep 516) or what they've shot (520)?  If it's the latter, that's a long time I have to wait before Chase and Felicity confront each other.

Well, 517 is all Oliver and Chase, and 520 is apparently Oliver and Felicity. So that would leave 518 and 519 for any potential Chase/Felicity scene. If he meant what they've shot, it's possible that they're saving it for closer to the end of the season, I guess?

I would have thought it would have been a bit for them to have scenes anyway since we're still at the Helix plot until what looks like 519/520ish, so then after that plot's done they'll probably have a scene together. Plus, with Chase's pointed line about how Oliver's one loss away from being destroyed, I have to think that there's something coming up for Felicity in Chase's master plan (if Helix isn't it itself).