Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Food for thought.....  Anatoly said he was coming to the states.... would he be of the mind set to go after Felicity for pretending to be bratva? Make Oliver choose to do another favor to protect her, or he has to step in to save her?

7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

The team falls apart or fractions?

Hopefully not all the way since they did that for the end of 423 already, but maybe a breaking between the A team and B team? Or maybe a falling out between Oliver, Diggle, and Felicity that gets fixed through the plot/the other characters (newbies, Lance,Thea)/dramatic reconciliation for sweeps?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LadyChaos said:

Maybe it's a trap.... they let Prometheus think he has won?

Well, it definitely wouldn't be Oliver's idea. He's not smart enough for that this year. 

I do hope it has something to do with Prometheus because he needs to be involved in whatever is going on by 518. I'm kind of annoyed at how they're stretching this out this season because half the time, I think everyone (except Felicity) has forgotten he exists. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, bijoux said:

The team falls apart or fractions?

Let's hope not. They did that so many times. Having them at odds when it mattered somewhat. Also, as some have speculated before, I really don't want Oliver and Diggle/Felicity being at odds only for the other two to take their place. That'd make me so irrationally mad.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Let's hope not. They did that so many times. Having them at odds when it mattered somewhat. Also, as some have speculated before, I really don't want Oliver and Diggle/Felicity being at odds only for the other two to take their place. That'd make me so irrationally mad.

Team arrow is falling apart.... must April 

you you know what we need? We need a good info leak... we usually get a few a season....we need a leak.... like LL funeral leak...

Edited by LadyChaos
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

you you know what we need? We need a good info leak

It seems as though nobody is interested enough to leak things this season because frankly nothing all that interesting seems to happen. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, finnaire said:

Maybe they are disbanding so they don't get caught? With the ACU after GA and Susan learning his identity and potentially outting him, they want to go under the radar until things settle down?

Maybe the 'disbanding' is a  temporary thing, like 'Hey, everyone is breathing down our necks.  John, why don't you take the wife and kid on vacation.  Thea, you talked about going on a spa retreat, so go.   WD, needs to go see his kid.  Curtis, go find your hubby and see you next week.  The wife(Felicity) and I are gonna head to an unknown location so we can get reacquainted.  Ok good?  Alright...and BREAK!"

• Love 7

Since the title usually refers to more than one thing, I imaging the special police unit is breaking up or maybe something to do with the Brava and then at the end of the episode the team fractures.  Maybe something to do with Helix?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, finnaire said:

Maybe they are disbanding so they don't get caught? With the ACU after GA and Susan learning his identity and potentially outting him, they want to go under the radar until things settle down?

That's what I was thinking - if it becomes clear that Oliver is about to be outed, then they make the decision that the team should temporarily go their separate ways (or at least appear to) so that the others can't be tied to Oliver and the things he's done as GA. 

I also agree that this is another title that refers to more than just the group, so we'll probably see separations and breaks when it comes to other storylines. 

As far as the world's worst reporter goes, I'm another one who doesn't think she's going to stick around in the LI capacity until the end of the season. I think there will be a "break up" (which is ridiculous, because what a lame, atrocious "relationship" this is) and then her real purpose becomes clear. 

I'm still not sure that I buy that the wrist tattoo was just a bad cover-up. For one, that would be one of the worst tattoo cover ups I've ever seen. For another, the director purposely zoomed in on it and held the shot there long enough for everyone to see it. IDK, maybe it doesn't mean anything *now,* but I 100% believe that it was meant to at the time.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

As far as the world's worst reporter goes, I'm another one who doesn't think she's going to stick around in the LI capacity until the end of the season. I think there will be a "break up" (which is ridiculous, because what a lame, atrocious "relationship" this is) and then her real purpose becomes clear. 

I don't think she's going to remain his LI but I won't hold my breath that she won't be around in some form until the end of the season.  

12 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

I'm still not sure that I buy that the wrist tattoo was just a bad cover-up. For one, that would be one of the worst tattoo cover ups I've ever seen. For another, the director purposely zoomed in on it and held the shot there long enough for everyone to see it. IDK, maybe it doesn't mean anything *now,* but I 100% believe that it was meant to at the time.

If they changed their minds about that, it would fit my theory that if they're going to go the whole "Susan is actually good" route that they want to completely forget about everything from her first episode. But doing so would be at the expense of Thea's character, since they also continually have her bring up what a horrible person she is. 

Basically, it all comes down to there's no way that this reporter storyline can end in any way that makes sitting through it worth it. Especially how long it's going on. 

• Love 11
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

If they changed their minds about that, it would fit my theory that if they're going to go the whole "Susan is actually good" route that they want to completely forget about everything from her first episode. But doing so would be at the expense of Thea's character, since they also continually have her bring up what a horrible person she is. 

Basically, it all comes down to there's no way that this reporter storyline can end in any way that makes sitting through it worth it. Especially how long it's going on. 

Yep. Every bit of that is dead on, I think. To be honest, though, I wonder if they really have changed their minds. I know they say she's "good" and theories about her are wrong, but . . .  then they show her still investigating Oliver after she's slept with him. They are telling us she's good; they're showing us - and have been since day one - that she's not. 

Makes me wonder if they're denying the fan theories are true because, in fact, they are and they're trying to throw everyone off so that later on the "twist" is that everyone was right about all her along. 

However, if the end of this is that she's a crappy reporter with a heart of gold, I wouldn't be at all surprised if part of the reason was to make Thea look bad enough that she feels compelled to take off. 

• Love 1

Maybe the theories are wrong because she does end up going after someone other than Oliver - after he breaks up with her.

Say they are repeating Ray and have Oliver and Felicity get back together the same episode Oliver and Susan end their whatever (and since this is this season, the reunion would happen completely ignoring all the problems from the past because they don't want to have drama). And say Susan does stick around. I can't see her being a good person about that like Ray was about Oliver/Felicity. Considering how Susan was at the holiday party? I could see her go after Felicity if, say, she gets tipped off (maybe by Prometheus?). And then Thea can point out to Oliver, "see, dragon lady is not a good person." (Let me add, I don't want this to happen. But then again, there's a lot from this season I didn't want to happen/didn't think would happen.)

• Love 1

Maybe they think if they push the she's shady and horrible angle constantly, then when she suddenly changes her mind and doesn't expose him because feelings it will be a twist for the audience. But that's just so wrong because you're making people hate this character and basically look at her as a villain even if she comparatively isn't and building expectations of consequences for Oliver and then all that will probably be for nothing on the basis of something as lame as Susan has feelings for Oliver when we spent like 5 scenes on their relationship and I think it's safe to say not enough people are invested in that relationship to buy that. 

Maybe she does go after someone else, I feel like at this point after all the build up of her exposing Oliver, someone has to get exposed. Her whole purpose seemed to be to introduce that threat of Oliver and the team being exposed to the public so if nothing comes of that, I really don't get the point. 

• Love 7

If she winds up exposing anyone, I feel like the odds are good it would probably be Felicity (with Thea as a longshot, maybe). And it would happen after she reveals to Oliver that she knows he's GA, but just can't publish the story because of her precious, precious feelings for him. Then things go south in some way, she feels jilted and/or starts to be manipulated by Prometheus, and goes after someone close to Oliver. That way, she really was "good" and Oliver wasn't a moron to trust her (yes, he was); she was just pushed into being bad/shady. It's awful, but I can see it happening.

Maybe she approaches Oliver, post breakup, with some variation of 'I know you're the GA and I love you and will keep your secret.  I can even help you get intel."   so Oliver informs that he is back with Felicity (assuming they repeat the Raylicity ending, and lets be honest they love repeating themselves) and Felicity does all that for him, and he tells her to stay away.

So now she is mad,  not only is she being rebuffed, but her help is rejected, and she is being told  that she is being replaced with his ex-fiancé who apparently has been in on his secret all along....working with him all this time that as far she and the public could see, they've had very little contact....

Well.....Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, so she switches gears, and decided to take Felicity down instead.

if anything....if I had more time....I could write a compelling new Fanfic...that would be FAR BETTER than the show right now...

• Love 2

I've given up making sense of Susan at this point. I just can't figure out what game they're playing and it just makes me annoyed trying to guess how they're going to screw over the audience by telling me something different then what's been shown.

• Love 10

I think Thea was speaking for the audience regarding the reporter and Oliver was speaking for the EPs.  Oliver was also speaking for Steve with his "So there."  IIRC, Oliver also raised his voice slightly for emphasis.  Thea then dismissed it.   It's similar to the situation with Ray in season 3.  The audience (at least social media) saw Ray's behavior as stalkerish.  The EPs thought they were writing a rom-com with Ray and Felicity and that it was cute and funny.

Susan's story is tied to Russia somehow.  That is where all the emphasis seems to be.  Maybe something is revealed in 5.17 that will shine some light on her purpose.  Is she an unknown relative of Poppy? LOL!  IIRC, Kovar's part of the story was supposed to have been wrapped up earlier in the season. They liked what they were seeing with Dolph Lundgren so they decided to bring him back.  Maybe it also changed the plans for the reporter.  Why I have no clue.  Maybe it has something to do with Malcolm.  He appears to be the rich American meeting with Kovar.              

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

I was talking with a friend earlier and he's a also a Susan hater. He thinks Susan is Kovar's daughter 

Hey, I'm still holding out that 517 reveals that Kovar has a son who wants to be a good guy (Red Star) and right his father's wrongs and ultimately inspires Oliver to do the same after Talia's been needling him about it, instead of just being motivated by Talia's possibly shady reasons. I think I might be able to take either at this point.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

I think Thea was speaking for the audience regarding the reporter and Oliver was speaking for the EPs.  Oliver was also speaking for Steve with his "So there."  IIRC, Oliver also raised his voice slightly for emphasis.  Thea then dismissed it.   It's similar to the situation with Ray in season 3.  The audience (at least social media) saw Ray's behavior as stalkerish.  The EPs thought they were writing a rom-com with Ray and Felicity and that it was cute and funny.     

You're right that they thought they were writing a Cary Grant/Katherine Hepburn script while the audience saw Ray as stalkerish.  But unlike with Susan, whom both Thea (repeatedly) and Lance have said is a snake, no one in-show said that Ray was a stalker.  How many episodes has Thea said that Oliver shouldn't trust Susan?  Those comments are Chekhov's gun and if the show doesn't use them, it will be a slap in the face to anyone who is trying to follow and anticipate the plot.

I wonder what WM meant when she said that Thea was now in a position similar to Moira's just before she died.  Moira was running for political office, and was killed because Slade wanted to hurt Oliver. Does that mean that Thea is Promoetheus' next target?

I was talking with a friend earlier and he's a also a Susan hater. He thinks Susan is Kovar's daughter 

So both Kovar's daughter and Prometheus' son are trying to take down Oliver?  Sounds like a match made in villain's heaven.

Although I don't think Susan is Kovar's daughter because if she were, wouldn't she already have proof Oliver was in Russia and wouldn't need her PI?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

But unlike with Susan, whom both Thea (repeatedly) and Lance have said is a snake, no one in-show said that Ray was a stalker. 

Felicity did, in one of their first interactions. They were lampshading their shitty storytelling choices, which they do A LOT. They think lampshading fixes the shitty story choice, somehow.

Really, they're very strange and IMO dumb people.

• Love 3

True, I forgot that.

But he did it because he wanted to give her a job, and when he did, it was to make her a VP of the company, unlike Oliver who made her his EA over her very firmly stated objections.  So while I hated Ray  in 3 x17 and wasn't too fond of him in the handful of episodes around then, he didn't treat Felicity so badly and he did sign over his company to her if anything should happen to him, even when he knew she loved Oliver.  Susan doesn't have a single redeeming quality vis-a-vis Oliver except that she held off writing her expose (although that may have been a manipulation to get in his good graces) and she went easy on Quentin because of Rene's sob story, which really she should have done anyway to a guy just out of rehab who lost his daughter less than a year ago.

They've lampshaded both stories but I think (hope) the characters have been treated very differently.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder what WM meant when she said that Thea was now in a position similar to Moira's just before she died.  Moira was running for political office, and was killed because Slade wanted to hurt Oliver. Does that mean that Thea is Promoetheus' next target?

I wouldn't be surprised if Thea turns out to be someone's target: Prometheus' because he wants to profoundly hurt Oliver, so he'd go after his sister, and/or Susan's since they've just had Thea once again voice her dislike/distrust of her, so they're still set up to be at odds in a big way. 

Is it a coincidence that Susan is negatively impacting the siblings' bond, which is something Prometheus would enjoy? I tend to think it's not an accident, and those two characters are somehow connected.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, weathered1 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Thea turns out to be someone's target: Prometheus' because he wants to profoundly hurt Oliver, so he'd go after his sister, and/or Susan's since they've just had Thea once again voice her dislike/distrust of her, so they're still set up to be at odds in a big way. 

Is it a coincidence that Susan is negatively impacting the siblings' bond, which is something Prometheus would enjoy? I tend to think it's not an accident, and those two characters are somehow connected.

Maybe Prometheus will go after Susan - not because she's dating Oliver, but because she negatively affects his life. Maybe she does drive a wedge between Oliver and Thea beyond just Thea expressing her disgust for Susan. Maybe Susan threatens to expose someone close to Oliver. Maybe Prometheus goes after her for the same reason he went after Church: Oliver's life is his to ruin. 

• Love 1

So I bit the bullet and went back and watched the Susan scenes in 5.03 where she was introduced. From Oliver’s viewpoint, there is nothing that she does that would make him think she’s bad. She’s reporting negatively on his mayoral performance, but it appears to be deserved thanks to the way Thea handled the situation.  And, although we see what really happened between Thea and Susan, Thea tells Oliver that it's all her fault.  There’s no way for Oliver to know how Susan screwed Thea over so I do get why he thinks she’s just doing her job, oh so excellently.  This is the guy that barely got bent out of shape with Laurel for prosecuting his mother (with the death penalty ffs), after all. 

In 5.05 Oliver and Thea meet Susan again when she’s with the city councilman and still nothing untoward happens. It isn’t until later that Thea tells Oliver that Susan is poison. Unfortunately, she’s telling it to the Human Target and Oliver misses out on that exchange.  So, although Thea continues to be negative about Susan in future episodes, I do see why Oliver doesn’t actually understand the underlying vitriol she has. I think he does just think Thea dislikes Susan because of the negative reporting.  And, I think he thinks it was deserved and so doesn’t hold it against her.

I do think he’s still a dumbass for dating a reporter in the general scheme, but, on rewatch, I don’t think he’s an idiot for not mistrusting her based on their interactions.  If that makes any sense.

Finally, also on rewatch:  1) There's no way that is a coverup of the actress’ tattoo or that the shot was accidental; 2) The guy she is paying for intel is not just a PI;  3) It is that guy who identifies Christopher Chance as the Human Target and they are both familiar with who/what he is; 4) Since she only learned about Oliver’s Russian connection at that point, why was she already investigating him?

Thea mirroring Moira means to me that she and Oliver will have a falling out. Oliver renounced Moira for lying/keeping the secret of Thea’s birth.  Will Thea also have a secret she keeps or will their disagreement about Susan be enough to cause the break?  I do think Thea will be the one to take Susan down, in Moira fashion, which would be more than enough to do it.

• Love 8

Unless they only mean that she will be acting all devious and cunning in hopes to find out what Susan is up to....

Her best decision would be to enlist Felicitys help

....the only way I could see Oliver and Thea breaking away from each other is if whatever she does puts the lives of people they care about in danger, or causes Susan to change targets and go after someone Oliver cares about instead. 

Or if Thea's investigations prompts Prometheus to kill Susan. Even if he knew Susan was horrible at that point he would not appreciate learning Theas actions got her killed.

Edited by LadyChaos
On 2/17/2017 at 10:38 AM, Morrigan2575 said:

Yes but, what really matters to WB/CBS is post views (Amazon, iTunes, DVD, international sales, etc). I would assume that a drop in live viewers and a similar drop Live+7 viewers indicate a drop in Amazon and ITunes sales as well. However,  i have no data to prove it.

Ultimately what will happen from this ratings drop is the CW will cut back what they pay for the show. The WB will step in and subsidize the show because it's profitable to them.  The only time someone will step in is if Arrow starts costing everyone money. However,  that doesn't mean they'll "fix" the show the way you want. Network/Studio influence could be to double down on masks and action and lack of romance, etc.

I'm commenting on this quote from the Ratings thread here ... If the Twitter "spoiler" about Tinah being "all over the place" or something like that in the back half is true, then it looks like the bolded part above is already happening. Because it means the writers would have been giving her more focus even after seeing a less than enthusiastic reception for the new masks in the first half. Of course, they could be thinking the reception would be more positive with Tinah because she's going to be BC, but to me it reads as if TPTB don't care about the ratings anymore (and at this point, with streaming deals, syndication, etc., do they really need to?) and just want to push their agenda (get those IPs out there, sell more merchandise, etc.).

I think 514 is going to be Dinah centric, she's getting her suit and, she's been setup with a all female villain gang.  However, that doesn't mean Dinah is going to dominate every episode.

I just don't know if LuLu actually has spoilers that says Dinah is now the new star of Arrow or, if she was just talking about scenes we already knew about for 512-514 (which too her meant Dinah was everywhere).

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, finnaire said:

So I bit the bullet and went back and watched the Susan scenes in 5.03 where she was introduced. From Oliver’s viewpoint, there is nothing that she does that would make him think she’s bad. She’s reporting negatively on his mayoral performance, but it appears to be deserved thanks to the way Thea handled the situation.  And, although we see what really happened between Thea and Susan, Thea tells Oliver that it's all her fault.  There’s no way for Oliver to know how Susan screwed Thea over so I do get why he thinks she’s just doing her job, oh so excellently.  This is the guy that barely got bent out of shape with Laurel for prosecuting his mother (with the death penalty ffs), after all. 

In 5.05 Oliver and Thea meet Susan again when she’s with the city councilman and still nothing untoward happens. It isn’t until later that Thea tells Oliver that Susan is poison. Unfortunately, she’s telling it to the Human Target and Oliver misses out on that exchange.  So, although Thea continues to be negative about Susan in future episodes, I do see why Oliver doesn’t actually understand the underlying vitriol she has. I think he does just think Thea dislikes Susan because of the negative reporting.  And, I think he thinks it was deserved and so doesn’t hold it against her.

I do think he’s still a dumbass for dating a reporter in the general scheme, but, on rewatch, I don’t think he’s an idiot for not mistrusting her based on their interactions.  If that makes any sense.

Finally, also on rewatch:  1) There's no way that is a coverup of the actress’ tattoo or that the shot was accidental; 2) The guy she is paying for intel is not just a PI;  3) It is that guy who identifies Christopher Chance as the Human Target and they are both familiar with who/what he is; 4) Since she only learned about Oliver’s Russian connection at that point, why was she already investigating him?

Thea mirroring Moira means to me that she and Oliver will have a falling out. Oliver renounced Moira for lying/keeping the secret of Thea’s birth.  Will Thea also have a secret she keeps or will their disagreement about Susan be enough to cause the break?  I do think Thea will be the one to take Susan down, in Moira fashion, which would be more than enough to do it.

Thanks for taking that hit. Lol

I didn't realize that Thea had told HT about Reporter. Why would HT have shoved Oliver in her direction after that exchange?

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

and just want to push their agenda (get those IPs out there, sell more merchandise, etc.).

I do wonder what merchandise they are trying to sell: Comic books? I doubt more people will go out now and buy them. Figurines? Which BC are they selling? DD, LL or SL? As far as I can tell, it should make sense to the execs at DC but I doubt anyone is rushing out at this moment to buy stuff associated with DD and I doubt people will come back in masses after she is officially the new BC.

I don't claim to understand the way DC wants to make money but I'd put money on stuff that actually does sell instead of gambling on certain properties all the time. I mean, even they must get that changing BC's identity three times in 5 years might even be exhausting for comic book lovers.

As for Tinah being all over the next few episodes (if true) wouldn't surprise me. She needs to be involved. She is after all BC. And everyone needs to be on board. Otherwise whatever they have planned for her won't work. But at this point, I can honestly say that she doesn't add anything (at least for me)  but then again, it is the same for all the newbies.

Also is Diggle's storyline already done?

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I didn't realize that Thea had told HT about Reporter. Why would HT have shoved Oliver in her direction after that exchange?

That's the big question, isn't it? It made absolutely no sense and made no sense for Oliver to just date the first woman who crossed his path because HT told him to. The entire thing is a mess. It's why I would like there to be more to HT and the Susan mess but I don't expect there to be. They wanted Oliver to date this reporter so they made it happen. 

Still, Oliver is acting like there is absolutely nothing wrong with dating a reporter and just gets defensive every time Thea brings up what a horrible person she is, making me think that they're writing it like Thea is supposed to be saying things off-screen too. Susan did mention she glares at her - but when? Wasn't Thea supposed to be away for most of the time of 510-512? That whole welcome back/shouldn't have left scene in 513?

However this ends, I really don't want it to be with Thea wrong and Susan right in any way. 

4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Also is Diggle's storyline already done?

I think so? Now he's free to bond with Tinah. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Chaser said:

::whispers:: Because he's planning on locking real Oliver in a trunk and destroying his liiiiiiiiiiiife.

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think 514 is going to be Dinah centric, she's getting her suit and, she's been setup with a all female villain gang.  However, that doesn't mean Dinah is going to dominate every episode.

I just don't know if LuLu actually has spoilers that says Dinah is now the new star of Arrow or, if she was just talking about scenes we already knew about for 512-514 (which too her meant Dinah was everywhere).

I got the impression it was the latter. I don't think she has mentioned anything past  5x14 so I'm wondering if the comment about her being everything is based on the quality of interactions - bonding with Oliver in 12, Diggle in 13 and Felicity in 14. Screen time wise, it actually hasn't been that much since she was introduced.

I was starting to think 5x14 was a big Tinah episode but Lulu did reblog a comment that countered that and I have heard that it is bigger for Felicity than expected. Idk.

BC seems to be a DC mandate. I don't think negative reception to all the masks in 5a would change their introduction of her.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I got the impression it was the latter. I don't think she has mentioned anything past  5x14 so I'm wondering if the comment about her being everything is based on the quality of interactions - bonding with Oliver in 12, Diggle in 13 and Felicity in 14. Screen time wise, it actually hasn't been that much since she was introduced.

I do think she was talking about the scenes we already know about.  I'll have to go look at what she has to say about 514.  It could be a Felicity episode but everything about it just screams Rise of BC 3.0. 

My guess would be that 514 is Dinah is the A story, and maybe felicity and Helix will be the b story assuming the team sans Oliver finds out before Oliver this rate....like DR said...

i still think therw is validity in what DR said, they are usually told before interviews what they are and are not allowed to say.... I think either the reporter got the ep wrong or possibly DR forgot what was about to air given they are filming way ahead of us.... even SA admits to forgetting what ep is airing a lot.

Not downing Tinah or anything, but I'm kind of having trouble figuring out what her story would even be for 514. I get having a moment for her getting the mask/costume and having a moment with Felicity, but I don't see what kind of issue or problem she would have to need a talk with Felicity or need a mask/costume to be part of it. Like, hypothetically it might be that she and Diggle are alone taking down the villain girl group, they lose, Tinah gets a confidence boost from Felicity, they fight them again and win, but her being a metahuman kind of weakens that story. Even if they have a way to negate her powers and the story just becomes about her having confidence just going out as part of the team, it's already weakened since she already went to Russia with all of them barely even using her cry at all.

I'm not expecting the story to be amazing or anything, but I could get her subplot in 513 (even if it also had some holes in it) even before it aired. Right now I'm kind of stumped for 514, unless I'm missing something?

Edited by way2interested
2 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm commenting on this quote from the Ratings thread here ... If the Twitter "spoiler" about Tinah being "all over the place" or something like that in the back half is true, then it looks like the bolded part above is already happening. Because it means the writers would have been giving her more focus even after seeing a less than enthusiastic reception for the new masks in the first half. Of course, they could be thinking the reception would be more positive with Tinah because she's going to be BC, but to me it reads as if TPTB don't care about the ratings anymore (and at this point, with streaming deals, syndication, etc., do they really need to?) and just want to push their agenda (get those IPs out there, sell more merchandise, etc.).

You have to remember that by the time the studio and the writers get the reception of storylines they've basically written and filmed the rest. Which is why they begin the next season with a mea culpa about all the mistakes they made from the previous seasons. 

For instance I believe they were breaking like episode 12 in the writers room incredibly early in the first half of the season airing because we had BFS tweeting about it talking it up.

By now they'd probably be breaking the last episodes of the season.

So in terms of the response to Tinah and her placement in the show they've already written her arch out before they've had a chance to really change things based on audience response, unless they go back and refilm which means money, which the producers probably don't have to spend.

So any real directional change probably won't happen until maybe episode 20-23 and into next season.

If we see the season wind down with more focus on OTA +Thea and Olicity and less of the newbies then we will probably get a good idea that some of the dissatisfaction with this season has reached the writers room and the network.

Although personally I have more faith in the network implementing change then the writers if I'm being perfectly honest because while I think the the writers still care about their core characters and relationships I also think they are a stubborn arrogant egotistical lot with delusions of grandeur about their abilities and denial over the fact that they are writing a show for the Tween Network. So they seem to kick in the heels when ever the audience doesn't like something. 

Im personally crossing my fingers and toes hoping the writers cull the heard Greys Anatomy style with newbies. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

You have to remember that by the time the studio and the writers get the reception of storylines they've basically written and filmed the rest. Which is why they begin the next season with a mea culpa about all the mistakes they made from the previous seasons. 

For instance I believe they were breaking like episode 12 in the writers room incredibly early in the first half of the season airing because we had BFS tweeting about it talking it up.

By now they'd probably be breaking the last episodes of the season.

So in terms of the response to Tinah and her placement in the show they've already written her arch out before they've had a chance to really change things based on audience response, unless they go back and refilm which means money, which the producers probably don't have to spend.

So any real directional change probably won't happen until maybe episode 20-23 and into next season.

If we see the season wind down with more focus on OTA +Thea and Olicity and less of the newbies then we will probably get a good idea that some of the dissatisfaction with this season has reached the writers room and the network.

Although personally I have more faith in the network implementing change then the writers if I'm being perfectly honest because while I think the the writers still care about their core characters and relationships I also think they are a stubborn arrogant egotistical lot with delusions of grandeur about their abilities and denial over the fact that they are writing a show for the Tween Network. So they seem to kick in the heels when ever the audience doesn't like something. 

Im personally crossing my fingers and toes hoping the writers cull the heard Greys Anatomy style with newbies. 

Yes, I get that whatever's planned for her, in her first several episodes anyway, has already been written before she even showed up. I mentioned that in my initial post. And that it was written before seeing any audience response to her. But in my thinking, the EPs already have a bit of an idea of how viewers maybe responding to this season (not well, if ratings are any indication) and if they're still gonna push her as much as I think they will, despite the reaction to the other newbies, then that to me indicates they're doubling down on whatever they've already planned, reaction be damned. 

Other folks on this board have noted that the first episode broken after they began seeing the ratings for first eps of Season 5 was likely 5x13, but I think that episode is a bit of an outlier since Guggenheim seemed intent on cramming his gun violence ep in this season. Episodes 514 onwards would likely provide a better idea whether there will be any "course corrections."

• Love 5

I think your stuck with Curtis, Tinah and Rene. If they were smart they would give Tinah/Rene/Curtis 14 episode contracts like Thea has. However,  I'm not holding out much hope for that. I was holding out hope that they wouldn't bother making Tinah a series regular and just give her a multi show guest star contract (like Miller, Barrowman and Cassidy) but, again not holding my breath.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think your stuck with Curtis, Tinah and Rene. If they were smart they would give Tinah/Rene/Curtis 14 episode contracts like Thea has. However,  I'm not holding out much hope for that. I was holding out hope that they wouldn't bother making Tinah a series regular and just give her a multi show guest star contract (like Miller, Barrowman and Cassidy). 

Oh has she been announced? Or is that coming soon?