Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm thinking they'll do the Ray thing with the reporter too. Have them date until they're ready to reunite olicity imo at the end of the season. They always do that, they let the temps last way too long and way too close to the main relationship starting or reuniting.

I can see Oliver forgiving Susan because of his whole everyone is good deep down no matter what they do attitude and they date until Susan dumps him like every LI aside from LL dumped him and spells out for us why this relationship wasn't right for Oliver after all. 

Idk if they'll let olicity have any movement concerning their relationship until 5. 20 tbh. Because I feel like that's why Wendy is pushing the she's mourning Billy thing despite there being no evidence of this on the show, because that's the excuse they'll use for why olicity isn't being dealt with yet. 

• Love 7

haha knowing how tone deaf they are I am thinking they might end on a "OMG is Susan hurt" as a cliffhanger and the rest of us will be like "Seriously? WTF?" or there will be crickets.

As long as Olicity have some concrete hope by the end of the season I am going to chill. 

• Love 2

But why would Felicity want to be with Oliver again based on who he is right now? That's the whole problem with this storyline. I'm not saying a reunion can't happen because if the writers want it to happen, it will, but do they realize how they're writing Oliver right now? 

Besides, he's going to be busy being mayor and forgetting about that whole "we'll get Prometheus" business. I feel like Oliver needs Prometheus to call him up and remind him that he exists right now. "Hello, Oliver Queen? Remember me? Do I need to kill more people?" Didn't Felicity say that she'd been looking for his mother for the past 3 months*? What has Oliver been doing in that time to find Prometheus or his mother or anything related to him? Trying to redeem Black Siren, going to Hub City to recruit Tinah, "getting serious" with Susan... 

*Did she say 3 months? I refuse to rewatch any of 5x13 to check.

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

As long as Olicity have some concrete hope by the end of the season I am going to chill. 

Am i the only one here actually believing olicity is nowhere near reconciliation any time soon? I actually see them testing waters with Dinah/Oliver next season and keeping olicity in mind as a backup endgame ...

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 7

Felicity can show up pregnant with twins next season if that is what they want to do because these idiots cannot write and are not logical people! I assume they will reunite if the writers want them to re unite. It will most likely not make sense but let's just revel in the pretty people macking onscreen again if we are lucky enough to get that! 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

Am i the only one here actually believing olicity is nowhere near reconciliation any time soon? I actually see them testing waters with Dinah/Oliver next season and keeping olicity in mind as a backup endgame ...

I think your line of thought is perfectly valid! Heck Dinah can show up pregnant with Oliver's twins in the S6 premiere. I wouldn't put it past this show.

I think for me I am done with making sense of the show and analysing it. I just hope they slap Olicity together at some point so my head can fix the story. I don't watch live anyway and will now refuse to watch it on the CW app so it doesn't matter what I think! 

TBH......I wouldn't surprise me if Felicity says, 'I wasn't really mourning him.  I was sad that he died, but mostly I felt guilty for being with him when I knew I didn't love him.  I felt guilty too, because I was more angry that Prometheus made you kill him, than I was upset about his death.'

Although, I'm team Malone is Prometheus

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

Am i the only one here actually believing olicity is nowhere near reconciliation any time soon?

I still haven't lost hope but the rational part of my brain tells me to let that hope die. Also, and I know it sounds stupid, but somehow they broke the magic for me. Having them act as though they had sex once and move on, kind of burst my bubble that they still care about each other. At this point I don't feel as though they have any sort of connection. Even in 5x12  told them 'that is why we work together'. I thought they were more than just colleagues but I guess I should have forgotten the last 4 seasons as well. The producers sure did.

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

I wonder if they will do to Olicity again, what they did in s3...... Raylicity breaks up and Olicity sleeps together in the same ep......  Reportiver breaks up and Olicity is reunited in the same episode?

WM said that Felicity will mourn Billy until ep 5x20 (offscreen apparently since we haven't seen her mourn him yet) so I don't anticipate Oliver and Felicity getting back together until then.

As much as I'd like Oliver and ShadyPorter to break up in 5x15, she's still around for 5x18 so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I think we'll have an Oliver/Felicity talk in 5x15 but he's still with Susan.  The cliff-hanger will be the Prometheus reveal and if I"m lucky, Thea and Felicity getting some real dirt on Susan.

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

They keep marking 520 as the end of Felicity's mourning/dark arc. I'm betting Olicity reunion is in 520

Or the ep she finds out that Malone is actually alive and faked his death.....just saying

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I think for me I am done with making sense of the show and analysing it.

Theres no point in analyzing something that makes zero sense. They make up dynamics as easy as they erase them. 

4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Having them act as though they had sex once and move on, kind of burst my bubble that they still care about each other.

Im totally same. Its not the break up that ruined things for good for me but how they practically downplayed their importance to the point that i had friends asking if flashpoint erased their romanctic history. Its awful. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

You're not the only one. With Dinah coming on, I don't see a reunion happening at least anytime soon.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

Or...I'm betting their emotions will get the better of them, and they have one night stand which make FS wonder if she is ready to get back together with Oliver.  I've always assumed the trope they would pull would be that Oliver would get tired of waiting for her to decide what she wanted, and move on right as she figured out she was ready, only for her to have to wait for him then..... who wants to place bets on the s6 Olicity cockblock scenario...

Given how the show has gone out of its way to avoid romantic drama this season (Felicity and Oliver have shown no jealousy or interest in the other's new relationship), I think if the show goes far enough to give Olicity a sex scene this season, they're going to reunite for good. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

They ended the season premiere with Diggle asking Oliver whether he'll get back together with Felicity.

They had Oliver tell Felicity that their relationship was a mortal lock. A mortal lock translates to a sure bet.

They had Oliver have flashes of every milestone in his relationship with Felicity and Smoak industries was made as a thematical "way home" for Oliver.

They had Oliver get down on one knee in clear proposal imagery and flirt with Felicity and tell her he believes in magic.

They had Oliver and Felicity run to each other and hold each other when a bomb was going off.

They are paralleling Felicitys storyline to Olivers in order for her to better understand Olivers choices and need to go it alone -which was part of the reason Felicity broke up with him.

Theyve shown Oliver become concerned and worried about the fact that he knows there's something wrong with Felicity and she won't let him help and the shows hinting that he will be the one to make Felicity better. 

Meanwhile there is not one single Oliver and Dinah romantic anvil, Dinah even pushed Oliver towards Felicity and the reviewers have started shipping Diggle and Dinah and there's no talk about Oliver and Dinah's chemistry because Stephen and Juliana have none.

So yeah I still think there is more hope in the actual show on screen for an Olicity reunion then there is for a Dinah and Oliver relationship based on fear speculation.

• Love 8

I understand the desire to have Malone be Prometheus but wasn't there an autopsy?  Malcolm Merlyn could fake his death because he body was never found but Chase found Billy and presumably he wasn't the only one who saw him dead.

40 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

*Did she say 3 months? I refuse to rewatch any of 5x13 to check.

Yes, three months. Since the MSF.

• Love 1

I think it'd be a cool twist to have Prometheus be Billy and it would absolve Oliver and Felicity of their collective guilt in his death.

But I really feel Prometheus is going to be some rando we have never seen before who's Claybournes son.

1 hour ago, LadyChaos said:

If they go that route I would say 516, since 516 will prob be the fallout of 515.....but this is just one theory I have....

Got it. I have no clue where they're going with O/F this season, but a reunion in 516 would genuinely surprise me. However, if/when it happens I would strongly prefer the Oliporter breakup/O/F reunion sex not occur in the same episode. It quite bothered me in 320.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I've gone through the live thread. Was there anything pertinent to the upcoming episodes in 513 or can I completely skip and ignore it, and just tune in next week?

I think the only relevant piece was covered by Sunshine on page 1362. Which is that maybe Oliver is responsible or at least supports/condones the info about GA killing Malone getting out to the public.

ETA: Spitballing here what if Susan releases the information but, she's not betraying Oliver because he wanted it to come out?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

Not at all, but it tends to be a pretty contentious subject.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think the only relevant piece was covered by Sunshine on page 1362. Which is that maybe Oliver is responsible or at least supports/condones the info about GA killing Malone getting out to the public.

Wow. Where do I cast my wish to have Susan mixing mind altering drugs into each glass of vodka she hands him because that is some seriously flawed logic. Is he actually going to be shocked by the police going after him in the next episode? Can the impossible happen and this is actually thought out in advance and a plan to lure out Prometheus' mole in the police?

39 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

Theres no point in analyzing something that makes zero sense. They make up dynamics as easy as they erase them. 

Exactly! I used to be flabbergasted that people analysed Gossip Girl. I was like "But but it's Gossip Girl!!!!!"

I think I fell into the same trap with Arrow because parts of it were really enjoyable. But now I've seen the light! It's a CW show on par with Gossip Girl. There is zero point in me getting upset, wanting continuity, wanting things to make sense etc. It's a bunch of people writing a cheap show on a cheap network! 

So I'm going to ship my little heart out because the leads are really good looking and Felicity is gorgeous and charming even with dubious writing for her character. 

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

They ended the season premiere with Diggle asking Oliver whether he'll get back together with Felicity.

They had Oliver tell Felicity that their relationship was a mortal lock. A mortal lock translates to a sure bet.

They had Oliver have flashes of every milestone in his relationship with Felicity and Smoak industries was made as a thematical "way home" for Oliver.

They had Oliver get down on one knee in clear proposal imagery and flirt with Felicity and tell her he believes in magic.

They had Oliver and Felicity run to each other and hold each other when a bomb was going off.

They are paralleling Felicitys storyline to Olivers in order for her to better understand Olivers choices and need to go it alone -which was part of the reason Felicity broke up with him.

Theyve shown Oliver become concerned and worried about the fact that he knows there's something wrong with Felicity and she won't let him help and the shows hinting that he will be the one to make Felicity better. 

Meanwhile there is not one single Oliver and Dinah romantic anvil, Dinah even pushed Oliver towards Felicity and the reviewers have started shipping Diggle and Dinah and there's no talk about Oliver and Dinah's chemistry because Stephen and Juliana have none.

So yeah I still think there is more hope in the actual show on screen for an Olicity reunion then there is for a Dinah and Oliver relationship based on fear speculation.

I dont think its fear speculation but more like "the show is already all over the place why not" speculation. I mean she is the third black canary in 4,5 years and she is already propped like there's no tomorrow. Is it really such a wild speculation to think they might go down that road with all their sudden "theres no green arrow without black canary" talking? Dinah,introduced two episodes ago,is already having scenes about her apartment hunt,when main characters like Thea and Felicity cant have a POV or voice an opinion over a gun debate. Point is she is aleady gaining focus,and arrow has a tradition of often measuring relevance female characters have(aka giving them focus), based on whether or not they are romantically involved with the lead(which is problematic but for another topic).

I guess the little olicity scenes or "parallels" are perceived by me mainly as pure shipbait cause based on how this show works and worked in previous years(they are not subtle at all with their writing) , i dont see any kind of positive sign about olicity getting back together. And seems like many general viewers think Olicity is over for good exactly because the show went out of its way to downplay the dynamic's importance. So you're not wrong, some scenes can be perceived as them hinting olicity is not over . Then again some fans maybe look too much into some scenes in order to feed their own headcanons. 

For example Oliver worrying about felicity hiding something doesnt imply anything about them ever getting back together. He was worried about Laurel back in season three when she was meeting up with the boxer. Yet even though many L/O shippers thought the show was hinting that he was still in love with her(even that he was jealous of the boxer),the show never went there at all. The 5x05 Olicity scene was perceived by many as more them having a closure than anything else. The 5x09 scene was imo clear ship bait and Oliver was shown blissfully happy over his potential marriage to Laurel in the crossover to the point that he wanted to elope just after he saw those Felicity flashes(which again  can be perceived differently by many- maybe the show  was hinting he still has romantic feelings for Laurel?). 

Truth is i personally think the show is just ship baiting groups of fans,testing the waters by setting up new dynamics and waiting for shippping feedback and will not give any kind of clear endgame direction until end of season 6. 

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 13

At this rate Diggle and Dinah getting together sounds more plausible, so far they've shared the most screen time and it looks like next week they have some action scenes as well.

One thing I want to applaud Juliana was that she really sold that training scene with David, I noticed no stunt was required as well. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

I dont think its fear speculation but more like "the show is already all over the place why not" speculation. I mean she is the third black canary in 4,5 years and she is already propped like there's no tomorrow. Is it really such a wild speculation to think they might go down that road with all their sudden "theres no green arrow without black canary" talking? Dinah,introduced two episodes ago,is already having scenes about her apartment hunt,when main characters like Thea and Felicity cant have a POV or voice an opinion over a gun debate. Point is she is aleady gaining focus,and arrow has a tradition of often measuring relevance female characters have(aka giving them focus), based on whether or not they are romantically involved with the lead(which is problematic but for another topic).

Agreed. For me, any speculation based on the narrative of the show is entirely unpersuasive, bc the show has completely forgotten or jettisoned its own narrative. Exhibit A, during an episode focused on gun violence, Oliver mentioned three family/friends NOT INJURED OR KILLED BY GUNS, and failed to mention one near-family member, NEARLY KILLED AND ACTUALLY PARALYZED BY GUNS. (Emphasis directed at the writers.)

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If I wear my hair the way I normally do, and the same street clothes I'm always wearing, they'll never be able to recognize me in a mask!

To be fair, I'm pretty sure everyone in Star City is an idiot, considering they, you know, still live there. 

• Love 6

Why is she wearing that stupid chain on her jeans? All it has to do is get caught around something. It's not quite fingerless gloves stupid but it's close. LOL.

Is this when she gets an official costume? I wonder if she'll wear a blonde wig. 

Meh. This kinda looks like another "Tina is so badass and amazing" showcase.

Edited by Guest
19 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

I guess the little olicity scenes or "parallels" are perceived by me mainly as pure shipbait cause based on how this show works and worked in previous years(they are not subtle at all with their writing) , i dont see any kind of positive sign about olicity getting back together. And seems like many general viewers think Olicity is over for good exactly because the show went out of its way to downplay the dynamic's importance. So you're not wrong, some scenes can be perceived as them hinting olicity is not over . Then again some fans maybe look too much into some scenes in order to feed their own headcanons. 

For example Oliver worrying about felicity hiding something doesnt imply anything about them ever getting back together. He was worried about Laurel back in season three when she was meeting up with the boxer. Yet even though many L/O shippers thought the show was hinting that he was still in love with her(even that he was jealous of the boxer),the show never went there at all. The 5x05 Olicity scene was perceived by many as more them having a closure than anything else. The 5x09 scene was imo clear ship bait and Oliver was shown blissfully happy over his potential marriage to Laurel in the crossover to the point that he wanted to elope just after he saw those Felicity flashes(which again  can be perceived differently by many- maybe the show  was hinting he still has romantic feelings for Laurel?). 

Truth is i personally think the show is just ship baiting groups of fans,testing the waters by setting up new dynamics and waiting for shippping feedback and will not give any kind of clear endgame direction until end of season 6. 

First off Oliver worried about Laurel getting over head for one episode before agreeing to let her do her thing. 

There has been a sustained storyline of Oliver worried about Felicity and being frustrated about his lack of ability to help her because she won't tell him what's wrong since 5x10.

Second what exactly is the difference between "ship baiting" and setting up romantic anvils and rebuilding moments for eventual reunion? Like all those moments and scenes Oliver and Felicity had in season 3 prior to getting together aren't that un similar to the moments they are having now- so why werent they perceived as ship bait? What exactly is the difference?

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Meh. This looks like another "Tina is so badass and amazing" showcase.

This episode feels like season 3 Canaries episode redux and that was a thrilling (snooze worthy) episode.

Is this her costume or just the precursor to a more permanent costume?

• Love 1
Just now, apinknightmare said:

These are her usual clothes - I'm pretty sure she gets an actual costume in this ep.

Thought so. Otherwise I was going to say they costume department really cheaped out ha.

Just now, AyChihuahua said:

It's probably in the "Welcome to Star[ling] City" packet.

• The city is attacked every May. We find nothing strange about that here.
  • We also find nothing strange about assassins occasionally coming to the city and fighting in the streets.
  • We also ignore all duels on rooftops, especially if it looks like Oliver Queen is involved.
  • Our opinion about masked vigilantes changes all the time. So do the cops'.
  • There are also occasionally corrupt cops and ... wait, they're gone? Never mind. 
  • There's usually some Big Bad that pops up every year (don't worry, he'll disappear for weeks at a time) - somehow connected to Oliver Queen and the (Green) Arrow fights him, but we have no idea why GA cares about OQ so much. Although, the Arrow was actually OQ's sister's ex-BF, but he was killed in prison because we hated vigilantes then. But we love them now and even spent a lot of money building an ugly statue for one. Then that was destroyed and now there might be another BC, even though that's written on LL's gravestone.
  • Also, Laurel Lance was the Black Canary, but we have no idea who else might be on the team of vigilantes even though she only hung out with four other people. 
  • Love 9
18 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I canNOT with this:

If I wear my hair the way I normally do, and the same street clothes I'm always wearing, they'll never be able to recognize me in a mask!

Dinah Laurel Drake, doing wonders for the collective IQ of the SCPD.

On the bright side, at least her gloves are actual gloves and not fingerless/mesh.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Thought so. Otherwise I was going to say they costume department really cheaped out ha.

Bet its a cross between SL and LL costumes.....I wonder if they will call her Jade Canary, I heard a rumors....  I hope they call her Black Canary

1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

On the bright side, at least her gloves are actual gloves and not fingerless/mesh.

that leave finger prints everywhere....yet no one could identify her...

The further into this season we go, the more it becomes clear that trying to make sense or predict anything is an exercise in futility. After all, they have us spinning our wheels trying desperately to make sense of the reporter garbage simply by the virtue of the fact that the entire storyline (and character) is utterly devoid of point and purpose. These writers (and showrunners/producers) are staggeringly perverse and seem to be bent on furthering on some kind of agenda, the likes of which don't even come close to making sense to any rational person. 

Do I think an Olicity hookup or reunion is entirely out of the cards this season? No, because again, these writers seem to pull ideas out of . . . wherever, and those ideas show up onscreen, regardless of whether there's been a decent set up, if it's good for the characters, flies in the face of show canon, fits in with the present circumstances, is a good idea in general, etc. 

Do I think they're not going to at least attempt something with Oliver/Dinah? No. They brought her on, gave her the name, will give her the official code name, have her bonding with the team, and have shown a certain kind of dynamic between her and Oliver (the dynamic is debatable, depending on one's POV, of course, but they have talked up the "connection" between them, etc. etc.). I don't think they'd do all of that without trying a little something. Would it last? Who knows. But this is their last chance to get the Black Canary right; it follows that this is their last chance to capitalize on the GA/BC thing because of the comics aspect of it all. That may even be the reason why - or at least one of the reasons why - they've downplayed Olicity's history so much this season. 

I tend to view the Olicity scenes and crumbs we've seen as them keeping things at a (very low) simmer instead of totally closing the book on them. They needed to have them still kinda, sorta in play while they went "all in" with the ridiculous reporter crap, and I truly do think they're waiting to see what happens when they test the waters with another relationship before they decide, once and for all, what they want to do (or feel they have to do) with Olicity. 

I don't think that's fear speculation. I think it comes from dealing with the group of people in charge of the show for 5 seasons now and getting some insight into how they seem to think (*if* they think, at all, that is). So, yeah, I could easily see a "surprise" Olicity hookup, but if that happens, I could also see her pulling back again and that pushing Oliver away, making him officially (at least for now) give up, which is something I don't think he's done, as per what we've seen. OTOH, I could also see part of the reporter's purpose (if there is one) be to drag things out in order to give Oliver time to get to know and bond with the new team member. When things go south with the reporter, maybe he decides he can't be with a "civilian" given the life he leads, maybe there's some kind of moment with him and Dinah, and the season ends with that kind of tease for season 6. 

Either or both stories could go anywhere - literally anywhere - because these writers are not bound by canon, logic, or an understanding of human nature. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

Bet its a cross between SL and LL costumes.....I wonder if they will call her Jade Canary, I heard a rumors....  I hope they call her Black Canary

that leave finger prints everywhere....yet no one could identify her...

I will laugh forever if all the reviewers "why the hell do we need a Black Canary she's feels pointless" talk causes the writers to chicken out and name her something else. 

Alas I feel she probably is a given for the title.

• Love 1