Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Laurel falls to the floor with a dart in her neck.

Oliver: "Nyssa, was that the knockout dart or the poison dart?"

Nyssa: "I can't seem to remember."

Felicity: "Guess we'll just have to wait and see."

Diggle: "I'll get the popcorn."

• Love 6

Since EBR filmed a scene in which she is alone in the dark with a pair of scissors as a weapon, I would say she is probably at risk. If their conflict centered on her, the resolution will be too.

Oh, I missed this spoiler. When did this come out? Was it in an article? Any other details?

Any thoughts on the chances of Helena being Sara's killer? Her name was brought up as a possibility at dinner tonight.

just one:

No, No, no, no, no. hell No. no fra... No, NO.

i will not let them ruin my beloved Birds of Pray.

plus: isn't she locked up? i imagine the show would point out if she escaped or was released.

So no. now that Komodo has been taken off the list. I'm gonna go with my brand new theories:

Lady Shiva (didn't the EP's said they have received approval to use her?)

Carrie Cutter AKA Cupid- we know she will be introduced in a few episodes. so why not her?

Talia

looking at the DC archers list there is a good numbers of potential characters. many of them very small but.. it could work since no one will see it coming.

(edited)

I can't imagine they'd center their half a season long mystery of who killed Sara on Cupid, a minor (2 episode) villain.

It's got to be Ra's, someone connected to Ra's (Talia?) or something crazy like Tommy.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Oh, I missed this spoiler. When did this come out? Was it in an article? Any other details?

In this audio interview with EBR: https://soundcloud.com/changtiki/felicity-from-arrow

She says she has a scene in the dark, with a pair of scissors and no speaking lines. It's the last question, around 7:02. 

And I think folks on Tumblr figured out this interview was done when she was filming 308.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 3

THanks for the feedback!

I think the shooter is someone that Sara recognized. Which certainly leaves Talia in the running.  We haven't met her yet, obviously, but Sara very well could have.

For that reason, though, I don't think Cupid is a possibility.

Not sure about Lady Shiva being the shooter - I do remember reading that the show had gotten permission to her use, so who knows.

I hope it's not Tommy.

There's an IGN article http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/19/stephen-amell-and-grant-gustin-tease-the-flash-arrow-crossover-and-their-big-fight with SA and GG talking about the upcoming crossover and SA said he pitched an idea to the EPs about something Arrow-related that has to do with Central City (I'm thinking it's his Baby Mama who lives in Central City). I just looked at the woman who played the Baby Mama (Anna Hopkins) instagram http://instagram.com/p/tc8Dy6Je0Z/?modal=true and she was in Vancouver three weeks ago, which was around when they were filming the Flash portion of the crossover. 

I vaguely remember at one of SA's conventions he said something about pitching a way to reintroduce Baby Mama to the EPs too, so I'm thinking Baby Mama is in the Flash portion of the crossover (at least as a cameo).

Edited by drspaceman10

I don't think the kid storyline will be a part of this season. If anything, Oliver might see her, but he still won't know about his kid. 

I still hope that he actually does already know about his kid.

But if they went to the trouble to get the girl who played the mother to come back even for a sighting, that's a strong indicator that they're still planning on pursuing the story, which I really wish they wouldn't.

• Love 4

Oh man I hope this is just a rumor. I was happy when they dropped the idea the first time. But if it turns out to be true I don't see how they can bring him in and then get rid of him again. I so don't want that. Kids can ruin shows like this. It could just be a coincidence that the actress happens to be in the same area as where Arrow is filming. I mean, they recast Sara when they decided to make her a recurring character. Isn't it likely they would do the same thing here?

How could they pull of him knowing about his kid without him looking like a deadbeat loser? He's like a billionaire.  That would be a total retcon. 

No it wouldn't, and he wouldn't look like a loser. That guy is in no way, shape or form ready or able to be someone's father. If he knew he had a kid, and the kid is safe and happy, staying away from him/her is the absolute best thing he could do.

• Love 5
No it wouldn't, and he wouldn't look like a loser. That guy is in no way, shape or form ready or able to be someone's father. If he knew he had a kid, and the kid is safe and happy, staying away from him/her is the absolute best thing he could do.

Oh, I agree the kid would be way better off if Oliver stayed as far away as possible. But if he's known about the kid all this time, or at least since getting back from the island, and he hasn't been helping her financially or something (when he still had money of course) THAT would make him look like something of a deadbeat. If, on the other hand, he didn't known the kid existed until he and mom showed up, well, you can't really blame him.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 2

Oh, I agree the kid would be way better off if Oliver stayed as far away as possible. But if he's known about the kid all this time, or at least since getting back from the island, and he hasn't been helping her financially or something (when he still had money of course) THAT would make him look like something of a deadbeat. If, on the other hand, he didn't known the kid existed until he and mom showed up, well, you can't really blame him.

Oh, definitely. But him paying child support could very easily be written in without being a retcon at all.

Granted, I absolutely think they're going to have him find out about the kid in real time - the temptation for the dramatic payoff would be too great for the writers to resist, I think. Unless they want to use that as a driving wedge between Oliver and Felicity, or whoever it is that he's dating next season (no thank you).

Come to think of it, the mother could show up to find out why the money stopped. I would still rather the whole situation be avoided though.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 1

I was thinking in terms of helping him financially, considering he's a billionaire, not literally being a father. Since it hasn't been mentioned at all it would be a retcon to have him say he's been helping out financially the whole time. 

Edited by ban1o

I found the Con video where SA talked about this "I pitched an idea for how we would be reintroduced to the Baby Mama because she's now in Central City..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S-bXipR_dA (starts at approx. minute 59)

Sounds really similar to how he talks about the idea in the IGN article...I hate surprise baby storylines :( Why can't they just forget about the kid like they forgot about Slade's son?

Edited by drspaceman10
  • Love 1

I was thinking in terms of helping him financially, considering he's a billionaire, not literally being a father. Since it hasn't been mentioned at all it would be a retcon to have him say he's been helping out financially the whole time. 

Eh, I figure there's a lot of things Oliver did with his money that was never mentioned.

I hope the Baby Mama storyline doesn't happen this season and certainly doesn't have Oliver coming off as a deadbeat dad.  I cannot fathom him knowing his child has been alive and we've had no indication whatsoever.

I know Oliver can compartmentalize but c'mon.

• Love 2

I hope the Baby Mama storyline doesn't happen this season and certainly doesn't have Oliver coming off as a deadbeat dad.  I cannot fathom him knowing his child has been alive and we've had no indication whatsoever.

I know Oliver can compartmentalize but c'mon.

yeah you and I pretty much feel the same way. Like I know this show retcons at times but I can't imagine having no indication that he knew he had a son, especially with the whole Diggle having a kid thing comping up. I just hope it's pushed to a later season lol. 

Edit: did they confirm it was a boy? I think I might be assuming it's a boy because of comics 

Edited by ban1o

So, if Oliver sees the baby's mother in Central City, is she going to have the kid with her? If he sees her with a kid and doesn't put 2+2 together, then he's a bigger idiot than I thought, and if he sees her and puts 2+2 together then I guess the kid storyline is going to be dealt with sooner than we thought, which...ugh. Although I guess I'd rather the show just get it out of the way now instead of leaving it out there like an anvil dangling over Oliver's head.

Do you think they'd make it so the woman actually had a miscarriage and just took Moira's money? That's too much to hope for, isn't it?

• Love 1

I totally forgot there was a kid out there.

I wish SA and the show did, too.

They all forgot that Oliver threw Sara a 'Not Really Dead Party' before she got the job at Verdant and showed up in the police department.

Gaaahhhhhhhhhh, I belong in the Bitterness Thread full time, I think.

• Love 4

Even if we do see the Baby Mama on the Flash part of the crossover, the show can't really do anything big with her. They have to assume that people who watch Arrow won't watch The Flash, so nothing very important to Oliver's story line (like finding out he has a kid) can happen on The Flash.

• Love 1

Maybe, hopefully, they're just intending to remind us, the audience, that the kid exists. Maybe Oliver runs across what's her name while he is in Central City, and after he leaves she goes home to the kid. She might not know Moira is dead and assumes her threat still stands, so she doesn't say anything to Oliver.

Maybe, hopefully, they're just intending to remind us, the audience, that the kid exists. Maybe Oliver runs across what's her name while he is in Central City, and after he leaves she goes home to the kid. She might not know Moira is dead and assumes her threat still stands, so she doesn't say anything to Oliver.

I'd like it if he went ahead and confided in someone (preferably Felicity, since it seems like TPTB intend on following through with that relationship) about what happened with the miscarriage so everything doesn't come falling down when he inevitably finds out about the kid.

• Love 2

I don't get why Oliver has to know he has a kid already? Moira gave her like 2million bucks to stay out of Olivers life.

Not sure if this is in response to my hope that he already knew about the kid. If it is - it was a (granted, unlikely) thought I'd had over the hiatus, but I just want the revelation to be as drama-free for Oliver as possible. What could be less dramatic than already knowing? I know it won't happen, haha.

Uuuuugggggghhhhhhh. That's the level of excitement I feel about introducing Oliver's kid/Baby Mama.

I have none.

Fingers crossed this doesn't happen.

I hate children on superhero shows. Period. 

P.S. I adore happiness and Diggle, but his peanut is included in this statement.

Same.

The only time I'm okay with it is when the peanut is the progeny of my OTP and they're getting their supremely cheesy and perfect HEA on the last episode ever.

• Love 2

I actually hope it does happen. Hashtag: minority. 

I... actually agree? HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME :p 

No but seriously, I don't mind seeing Oliver find out he has a son as long as it's done tastefully and as long as it doesn't cause unnecessary drama between Oliver and Felicity(which ugh, we know it will) and as long as the kid isn't around that much. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

Maybe it's just that Oliver makes contact with the mom since they got together at one time, but they leave the kid story for season 5. If they waited till s3 to give us Felicity backstory, they can wait longer for the kid.

There's an IGN article http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/19/stephen-amell-and-grant-gustin-tease-the-flash-arrow-crossover-and-their-big-fight with SA and GG talking about the upcoming crossover and SA said he pitched an idea to the EPs about something Arrow-related that has to do with Central City (I'm thinking it's his Baby Mama who lives in Central City). I just looked at the woman who played the Baby Mama (Anna Hopkins) instagram http://instagram.com/p/tc8Dy6Je0Z/?modal=true and she was in Vancouver three weeks ago, which was around when they were filming the Flash portion of the crossover. 

I tried to listen to the IGN interview but I only made it till KC started talking about Laurel. I. Am. That. Sick. Of. Laurel. Already.

If they had KC on the panel, why didn't they have DR or EBR?

• Love 1
I tried to listen to the IGN interview but I only made it till KC started talking about Laurel. I. Am. That. Sick. Of. Laurel. Already.

If they had KC on the panel, why didn't they have DR or EBR?

Not sure about DR, but EBR was (is?) out of town.

I... actually agree? HOLY SHIT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME :p 

No but seriously, I don't mind seeing Oliver find out he has a son as long as it's done tastefully and as long as it doesn't cause unnecessary drama between Oliver and Felicity(which ugh, we know it will) and as long as the kid isn't around that much. 

Nope, changed my mind. No kid! ;)

Not sure how it would lead to Oliver/Felicity drama

Nope, changed my mind. No kid! ;)

Not sure how it would lead to Oliver/Felicity drama

Well that felicity/oliver statement was just me making stupid assumptions :p I don't think he will figure out about his kid this season, he'll figure it out next season when they'd probably be together in order to create ridiculous drama which is stupid. I'd much rather him find out before ever getting into a relationship with anyone. I also hope that this makes Laurel/Oliver drift apart even further and put the final nail on the lauriver coffin (again). 

• Love 3

The one thing that consoles me about this Baby Mama storyline is that SA said during one of his SDCC interviews that he wasn't on set during the Moira/Baby Mama scenes and hadn't met the actress playing her. I would hope this show has learned it's lesson in regards to chemistry tests that this means there won't be any significant time spent on this plot device, I mean storyline.

• Love 5

I think if they do spend any time on it, it will be about Oliver's manpain and the cost to him of losing the baby once, and then once again as he realizes that there is someone out there close to him that he could love but. he. just. can't. because of what he does, and contrasting to Diggle being a father to baby Sara.  (Enough with the manpain already, am I watching Arrow or Longmire?)