Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm curious about the Felicity, Rory and Curtis dress up. Is it a side mission Oliver doesn't know about? If they are tangling with Bravta, I can't imagine Oliver is good with those three going without a fighter. 

19 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

And yeah, I can see Tina right up front with Oliver in that scene. Because she's his equal. *eye roll*

Yeah, everyone else is at least one step back, including Diggle. But I noticed in the airport scene when Anatoly punches Oliver, Felicity's up front (and it looks like they think Anatoly's just going to welcome them before the punch) and Diggle and Dinah are back. This promo makes it look like they might try to push that divide - Oliver/Diggle/Dinah and Felicity/Rory/Curtis. Hopefully it's just the way the promo was cut. After all, we've seen how other promos are. 

8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm curious about the Felicity, Rory and Curtis dress up. Is it a side mission Oliver doesn't know about? If they are tangling with Bravta, I can't imagine Oliver is good with those three going without a fighter. 

For all we know, the others are in that scene too - just not at that moment. Or Oliver figures Rory's magic rags can always save them. I don't know if they'd go on a side mission in another country when the Bratva is involved without Oliver knowing. That might be too risky. 

• Love 2

Call me a bad fan but I have no problem with Felicity having seperate storylines from Oliver every now and then provided there is some connectivity there and that we still get Olicity scenes.

I thought her storyline was short but charming this episode and certainly provided more questions and hooks then was given to Tina. Felicitys storyline was the only one that was left going somewhere rather then contained with a beginning middle and end within the episode.

Id prefer Olicity or OTA to be the emotional centre of the episode like Olicity were last week but I get that they can't have Felicity keeping things from Oliver and manuvering without his knowledge if he's always with her. 

I guess the writers get to give Felicity her due with a cool new for her storyline exploring her darker more cut throat attitude while giving them freedom to establish Tina/Dinah whatever we are calling her.

So it's going to be annoying AF to have Felicity maraginalise for and episode or two for the sake of the bird and the dog but I think by 5x15-5x16 once they've settled Tina in to the show it will go back to normal. We know at least that Felicity story comes to a head with Oliver in 5x15.

• Love 4
Just now, LeighAn said:

Also we know that Oliver has words with Diggle and Felicity about their darkness next episode so their storylines must relate and connect some how if Oliver is giving them speeches.

Yeah, I was about to mention that. I'm still excited about 512 for that (along with going to Russia, Anatoly, flashbacks), plus what's been pretty consistent I think between MG, WM, and BFS was that Diggle and Felicity's stories come up in 512, so I'm still holding onto that to a certain extent, along with whatever happens with Rory (even if it ends up being his last episode).

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, I was about to mention that. I'm still excited about 512 for that (along with going to Russia, Anatoly, flashbacks), plus what's been pretty consistent I think between MG, WM, and BFS was that Diggle and Felicity's stories come up in 512, so I'm still holding onto that to a certain extent, along with whatever happens with Rory (even if it ends up being his last episode).

On top of all that, the stories actually seem to be coming together nicely. There is a danger of nuclear weapons being used, undoubtedly provided by the general - connecting it with Dig -, and the nuclear danger is also a very possible trigger for both Felicity and Rory. Given that the guy Oliver beat to death in the FBs this episode was an arms dealer, it could also fold into the flashbacks in 512.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

On top of all that, the stories actually seem to be coming together nicely. There is a danger of nuclear weapons being used, undoubtedly provided by the general - connecting it with Dig -, and the nuclear danger is also a very possible trigger for both Felicity and Rory. Given that the guy Oliver beat to death in the FBs this episode was an arms dealer, it could also fold into the flashbacks in 512.

That's actually a really good connection. I like it. 

5x12 is gonna be a great episode, I just know it. And pretty emotional considering it'll be Rory's last episode.

I think what I'm most enjoying about Felicity's storyline is that we are getting bits and pieces here and there, the issue with last year was that they gave her too much at once and there was no pay out. So I am glad it isn't taking the central focus until it magnifies.

And yes there's certainly an OTA scene next week where Oliver gives Diggle and Felicity advice about heading down a dark path.

10 minutes ago, bijoux said:

omg I am certain that this is where Rory uses his rags to perhaps save the team from a blast. Thus losing the power of his rags because the blast is too much perhaps. We might get a flashback with how it happened in Havenrock. 

• Love 4

They haven't yet given enough Tina/Dinah back story to justify the EPs saying that she's the fighting equal of Oliver.  The show has already established that cop training and military training does not equal League of Assassins training.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, tv echo said:

They haven't yet given enough Tina/Dinah back story to justify the EPs saying that she's the fighting equal of Oliver.  The show has already established that cop training and military training does not equal League of Assassins training.

Maybe along with the whole sonic scream thing, she also absorbed everyone's fighting abilities, heh. I'm not particularly a fan of this new BC - I don't think metas should be in Arrow as part of the team; like has been said, what's the point of everyone else, then.

Re. the promo for episode 512 - Why does Oliver tell Anatoli "You owe me?" Or is it happening in a flashback? Because the last thing Oliver did with the Bratva post-return was lose his shit over Slade Wilson, threaten and force Bratva guys + Alexi Leonov to help him, and got Alexi Leonov killed.

Unless there was something else in between, I don't know what Oliver's talking about. Unless 2 (the return of unless): Something happens in the flashbacks which causes Anatoli to owe Oliver, which is somehow never mentioned in the 4 years he's been back, and isn't invalidated by Oliver's Season 2 Bratva fiasco. Ugh.

4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Just a question...Shouldn't it be easy for Tinah to defeat Prometheus? She could just scream his brains out, or not?

Prometheus has special ears/whatever. It's why BS was so scared of him, she worked for him even though she's a meta.

No, seriously, I really hope they give an explanation for that ASAP. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I guess we should assume that Prometheus is still going to be on vacation in 5x12 while the team's in Russia? Isn't it nice of him to give Star City a break whenever Oliver leaves town? I wonder where he vacays. 

Bali

• Love 4

Is Prometheus going to tie into Helix?  Is he behind fangirl approaching Felicity?  The timing of it is spot on.   I know because plot but it might be more interesting if it's not just coincidental.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Is Prometheus going to tie into Helix?  Is he behind fangirl approaching Felicity?  The timing of it is spot on.   I know because plot but it might be more interesting if it's not just coincidental.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is behind it. I really wish these people would stop trusting new people, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY WERE JUST BETRAYED BY EVELYN. Do any of them remember that? I think it's been maybe a week? (Do we know how much time passed between 510 and 511?) 

• Love 3

I am already dreading Evelyn's return. Why does she need to come back? She wasn't fun or necessary and nobody misses her. At least I don't. She might be the most useless addition next to WD. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I guess we should assume that Prometheus is still going to be on vacation in 5x12 while the team's in Russia? Isn't it nice of him to give Star City a break whenever Oliver leaves town? I wonder where he vacays. 

Eh, Prometheus' beef is with Oliver, not really with SC. It's not like DD last year who chilled while everyone went to CC.

1 hour ago, arjumand said:

Re. the promo for episode 512 - Why does Oliver tell Anatoli "You owe me?" Or is it happening in a flashback? 

SA isn't in the flashback wig when he says it, so no, it's present day.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

I really found that off. So far we have her as an undercover cop.  So she should be trained in the basics and I'm happy to accept that she's the best of the best fighters on a cop level.  But so far there's been no indication that she comes with anything out of the ordinary. Diggle is supposed to be the best of the best that they special forces can train (which has to trump anything the police do by a mile) and I don't think he's ever been shown to be at Tina's level.  And once Tina got the scream, I am not willing to buy into her spending time learning to hone her hand to hand combat skills when she now has this massive short cut to knocking out her enemies.  

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he is behind it. I really wish these people would stop trusting new people, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY WERE JUST BETRAYED BY EVELYN. Do any of them remember that? I think it's been maybe a week? (Do we know how much time passed between 510 and 511?) 

Yeah, naming the file Pandora tells us that opening it is supposed to be bad.  Still, I can't wrap my head around why unless Prometheus is pulling strings and setting some specific scenario up, that Felicity would be any more tempted by what she finds in the file than what she could have found on her own.  

If Prometheus isn't pulling strings and they just have Felicity get lost in some power trip, I'm going to be pissed since nothing I've seen says she has that kind of poor judgment.  Even during her Goth Ghost Fox Goddess days, she respected clear lines.  

1 hour ago, Belinea said:

I am already dreading Evelyn's return. Why does she need to come back? She wasn't fun or necessary and nobody misses her. At least I don't. She might be the most useless addition next to WD. 

Not loving how defensive the actress was either.  Evelyn's reasons for blaming the Green Arrow were always really convoluted and lame.  He can't save those he doesn't know about.  

Edited by BkWurm1
Excessive use of "yeah"
  • Love 4

I'm curious about Felicity's storyline but not sure what they're trying to do tbh. I watched her scenes and her fangirl felt like a trap. So I'm wondering if Prometheus is behind it and this is all a trick to distract her and help pull Felicity away from Oliver and the team (which is kind of what Prometheus wanted to do anyway - remove his support network) or those Pandora files will actually help save the day in the long run. IDK. 

There is some spec going around about Pandora being linked to Prometheus and it also involved Oliver and Tommy for some reason. But that seems too good to be true so IDK. Haha.

• Love 1

It was because Pandora was given as wife to Prometheus' brother, and Oliver and Tommy were brothers in a way, or at least had a sister in common. I think that plus the fact that some want Tommy to be Prometheus is the reasoning behind it.

• Love 4
Just now, bijoux said:

It was because Pandora was given as wife to Prometheus' brother, and Oliver and Tommy were brothers in a way, or at least had a sister in common. I think that plus the fact that some want Tommy to be Prometheus is the reasoning behind it.

Yes. It was something like that. I kind of skim read it tbh. But it would be an interesting theory. 

I have to admit, I do find it strange how they haven't unveiled Prometheus' identity yet, which makes sense if he is Tommy and they're just waiting until they could get CD back to film for an episode or two. It's possible, especially as they technically could keep his face hidden right up until the last couple of episodes of the season. IDK.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Yes. It was something like that. I kind of skim read it tbh. But it would be an interesting theory. 

I have to admit, I do find it strange how they haven't unveiled Prometheus' identity yet, which makes sense if he is Tommy and they're just waiting until they could get CD back to film for an episode or two. It's possible, especially as they technically could keep his face hidden right up until the last couple of episodes of the season. IDK.

Didn't they double down on Prometheus being Claybourne's son in recent interviews?  It leave the door open for that person going by another name still but I can't see it being Tommy.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Didn't they double down on Prometheus being Claybourne's son in recent interviews?  It leave the door open for that person going by another name still but I can't see it being Tommy.  

IDK? I haven't been reading any interviews for a while now. I seriously have no idea who Prometheus is and tbh I don't care either. But I wouldn't rule anyone out on this show.

What if Tommy isn't actually Malcolm's son but Claybourne's? Like, Rebecca had a super bad taste in men? And the crack Tommy/Thea ship from s1 wouldn't have to be dead as doornail.

Kidding.

2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I suspect he has a timeshare corner suite at the LOA Bed & Breakfast. 

I figure Oliver has to keep Felicity separated from the Bratva because she'd end up running it if they left her to her own devices. At the very least, she'd upgrade their communications network. 

2 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Does he have his own Felicity? Because I could use a ship to cheer me up, LOL

I like this idea very much. Head canon accepted. 

• Love 5

Honestly, Tommy being Prometheus is the only saving grace right now for me.  They have dragged this out that I am again not caring who he truly is.  I need something to really surprise me.  If I had to sum up this season so far it would be boring.  I have no desire to see it again.

• Love 2

I didn't watch last night but I did see a few clips, and got a general episode run down. I was surprised to see Kacey Rohl (She played Abigail on Hannibal) in one of the clips. Now I don't know if she's just a one-off guest star, seems it would be a waste for such a strong actress, but if she's not just a one off, then I have to say I kinda got a spinoff vibe. Didn't Geoff Johns say something about a new DC show to come? I wonder if they're gearing up NuBC & maybe NuHacker, for a potential spin-off. I hope not. Then we'll lose the rest of the season to people I don't care about. Just curious if anyone that did watch, got the same vibe? It's hard for me to have a real opinion on just a handful of clips, and I love myself too much to watch that mess. lol

Prometheus is targeting those close to Oliver to destroy him. So far Lance, Diggle & Felicity have been targeted though none of the attempts have been more than moderately successful. Lance went to rehab. Diggle is fighting within the system. Felicity doesn't blame Oliver for Billy even if Oliver blames Oliver. 0 for 3 Not a very good record for a villain!  You could put Curtis/Paul in there but they survived. Breakup would happen whenever Paul found out.  2 Main targets left - Susan and Thea (which probably brings Malcolm back to town.)  2 Secondary targets - Rene and Dinah. Looks like Rory's gone after 5.12.  

Prometheus is doing a really, really lousy job as a villain in my book!!!!!

(Sorry I went on a tangent. I was really just wondering what Thea might have coming up.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

I don't think CD will be back so it's not Tommy but that would be awesome.

I think the Pandora reference though is more likely Pandora's box, which when opened up releases "all the evil in humanity".

48 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I didn't watch last night but I did see a few clips, and got a general episode run down. I was surprised to see Kacey Rohl (She played Abigail on Hannibal) in one of the clips. Now I don't know if she's just a one-off guest star, seems it would be a waste for such a strong actress, but if she's not just a one off, then I have to say I kinda got a spinoff vibe.

I don't think it's a spin-off because girls have cooties.  I'd be behind her character coming on for a short arc because she is a better actress than those few lines except the last time they did that, it was Anna Hopkins and we all know what happened when they brought Samantha back.

1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

I didn't watch last night but I did see a few clips, and got a general episode run down. I was surprised to see Kacey Rohl (She played Abigail on Hannibal) in one of the clips. Now I don't know if she's just a one-off guest star, seems it would be a waste for such a strong actress, but if she's not just a one off, then I have to say I kinda got a spinoff vibe. Didn't Geoff Johns say something about a new DC show to come? I wonder if they're gearing up NuBC & maybe NuHacker, for a potential spin-off. I hope not. Then we'll lose the rest of the season to people I don't care about. Just curious if anyone that did watch, got the same vibe? It's hard for me to have a real opinion on just a handful of clips, and I love myself too much to watch that mess. lol

Someone asked Kacey Rohl on twitter if she was going to appear in future episodes, and she replied that "you'll have to wait & see!" However, she also has a recurring role on Syfy's The Magicians this season. So I imagine if she does return to Arrow this year, it'll only be for one or two episodes at most. There's also this spec, which sounds like wishful thinking...

11 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Someone asked Kacey Rohl on twitter if she was going to appear in future episodes, and she replied that "you'll have to wait & see!" However, she also has a recurring role on Syfy's The Magicians this season. So I imagine if she does return to Arrow this year, it'll only be for one or two episodes at most. There's also this spec, which sounds like wishful thinking...

My thought was a BOP type spinoff. Perhaps not named BOP, but a team of women & I was imagining (Kacey, no clue what he name is on show) in a Felicity/Barbara type role. That's just me going off a few clips tho.

That said, it would really annoy me if Arrow has to set up another show, for new characters I don't care about. But I only thought this because they seem to be pushing faux Dinah pretty hard & in the same ep introduced someone very similar to FS. Not to mention it'd be super ugly to bring in a new BC, to give her a new show. If they're spinning anyone off it should be Felicity, Diggle, and Thea, so I can finally completely drop Arrow lol.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, tv echo said:

The Magicians wrapped filming in November, so that's not a factor.

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I really found that off. So far we have her as an undercover cop.  So she should be trained in the basics and I'm happy to accept that she's the best of the best fighters on a cop level.  But so far there's been no indication that she comes with anything out of the ordinary. Diggle is supposed to be the best of the best that they special forces can train (which has to trump anything the police do by a mile) and I don't think he's ever been shown to be at Tina's level.  And once Tina got the scream, I am not willing to buy into her spending time learning to hone her hand to hand combat skills when she now has this massive short cut to knocking out her enemies.  

I completely agree. I just realized that, per show canon so far, there's no mention of a military background for Tina/Dinah. (I had forgotten that the former marine description was from those fake casting sides.) So we're really talking about someone like Kate Beckett with a metahuman power, unless there's more we don't know. It's been only three years since Tina/Dinah got her canary cry. Diggle should be a better fighter than a police detective. And Sara had said that she "was trained by the people that make the Special Forces look like a kindergarten class."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I completely agree. I just realized that, per show canon so far, there's no mention of a military background for Tina/Dinah. (I had forgotten that the former marine description was from those fake casting sides.) So we're really talking about someone like Kate Beckett with a metahuman power, unless there's more we don't know. It's been only three years since Tina/Dinah got her canary cry. Diggle should be a better fighter than a police detective. And Sara had said that she "was trained by the people that make the Special Forces look like a kindergarten class."

Maybe it'll come up when Diggle and Dinah bond? (I'd be surprised if they don't have some sort of bonding moment in the next couple of episodes.)

Edited by insomniadreams88

Has the military background been mentioned aside from the casting sides and the write ups that followed them? Maybe it's not a factor, although she could have been military before signing on with CCPD.

She'll be as powerful as the writers want her to be. It doesn't have to be shown, they'll just gloss over that nasty little question of how she got to be a super fighter.

Maybe I am just being rude and not sympathetic enough in general. Tina's boyfriend died, right? That is her island... So is Billy's death Felicity's island? Because as far as I can tell, Oliver and Sara, hell even Quentin seem to have gone through that over and over again. So calling it an island seems to belittle Sara's and Oliver's actual island struggles. Yes, everybody has painful struggles and everyone's own pain is valid but calling all of them an island seems to be a little over the top. Maybe I am just seeing this too harshly.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

Has the military background been mentioned aside from the casting sides and the write ups that followed them? Maybe it's not a factor, although she could have been military before signing on with CCPD.

No, I don't believe so.  511 dialogue only mentioned her police background. Even when Curtis pulled up her police bio on his computer, we couldn't get a good look at it to see her pre-cop history.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Belinea said:

Maybe I am just being rude and not sympathetic enough in general. Tina's boyfriend died, right? That is her island... So is Billy's death Felicity's island. Because as far as I can tell, Oliver and Sara, hell even Quentin seem to have gone threw that over and over again. So calling it an island seems to belittle Sara's and Oliver's actual island struggles. Yes, everybody has painful struggles and everyone's own pain is valid but calling all of them an island seems to be a little over the top. Maybe I am just seeing this too harshly.

Well cooper died but came to life, oliver died and came back to life, ray died and came back to life, cooper died for real, and as of this moment Billy died and is considered dead. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I wouldn't say Billy's death is Felicity's island - it makes him sound too important.  I would consider the string of events from last year to this year ending with Billy's death jumpstarting Felicity's island.

But then they'd have to acknowledge everything that happened to her. I think we're lucky they bring up Havenrock.

• Love 6