Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Vigilante? 

Very possible. The Oliver/Chace bromance reaches its peak.

ETA: Hold up. That would set Vigilante in Prometheus' sights? Or whoever the shooter turns out to be. Because Prometheus's hard on for Oliver rivals Ra's'.

Edited by bijoux

This might be a stupid question (because I really never read a comic book) is Tinah's storyline completely taken from the comics? I thought that BC was a mother-daughter combination. This whole storyline confuses me.

This might sound super salty because I believe the actress tries her best but I am totally not gonna feel sorry for the producers if this storyline won't be as well received as they'd like. I don't want to not wish them well but I just wish from time to time, they'd realise that the audience might not need more MASKS!! more BC!!! more SUPERHEROES!!!! But just a better written storyline for already existing characters. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Very possible. The Oliver/Chace bromance reaches its peak.

ETA: Hold up. That would set Vigilante in Prometheus' sights? Or whoever the shooter turns out to be. Because Prometheus's hard on for Oliver rivals Ra's'.

Footage of Prometheus when learning that somebody else shot Green Arrow and not him:

• Love 2

@Belinea you're too nice! I hope this story ffing fails like a pile of poop and everyone craps over it and it is more hated than anything that's ever been hated on TV.

Not that any of this will matter but I had to get this off my chest!

That dialogue spoiler reads like severely bad fanfic! And these people are paid professionals!!!!! Not some random jo at home writing fiction!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Footage of Prometheus when learning that somebody else shot Green Arrow and not him:

Well. He did say he doesn't want to kill GA. Maybe he's working up his nerve to ask him to the hero/villain social in May and this is all foreplay.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Belinea said:

This might be a stupid question (because I really never read a comic book) is Tinah's storyline completely taken from the comics? I thought that BC was a mother-daughter combination. This whole storyline confuses me.

This might sound super salty because I believe the actress tries her best but I am totally not gonna feel sorry for the producers if this storyline won't be as well received as they'd like. I don't want to not wish them well but I just wish from time to time, they'd realise that the audience might not need more MASKS!! more BC!!! more SUPERHEROES!!!! But just a better written storyline for already existing characters. 

Well If Twitter is any indication it already has. It seems comic dude bros and Olicity fans have found common ground in how much Arrow can keep their fake/not so fake Canary *shrug*

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

Well. He did say he doesn't want to kill GA. Maybe he's working up his nerve to ask him to the hero/villain social in May and this is all foreplay.

Greenetheus / Hooded-love OTP for the win! 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Me after I was done catching up with spoilers. 

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Belinea said:

This might be a stupid question (because I really never read a comic book) is Tinah's storyline completely taken from the comics?

The short answer is no.

The long answer is the same as for every other character: they're picking and choosing stuff from the comics and giving those traits to the character.

She obviously has the name, Dinah Drake. But imo they can't do anything completely from the comics, because, well, comics = 80 years of several different iterations of each character.

For example, sometimes Dinah is married to Larry Lance, sometimes she's not. Sometimes he dies. Sometimes she thinks he's dead, but it turns out he was kidnapped and brainwashed and now has amnesia and doesn't remember he was married to her. Oh, and his name is Kurt instead of Larry. And in this one particular iteration with amnesiac Lance, Dinah was part of secret special ops team, and one of her teammates was Slade Wilson. So, you know, it's very [VERY] selective stuff from the comics that goes into the show.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 5

@dtissagirl: Thank you. My knowledge truly goes as far as knowing that Laurel was related to a Dinah. Hence the two names. But since I have never really read any comic books and I've no desire to read up on that just to understand a show better, I get confused quite easily especially if they all have similar names but are or are not the same person. So I appreciate any help :-)

Edited by Belinea

I'm not worried about the Dinah Drake stuff. It's clear that the EPs/Berlanti/Writers didn't want this, so I doubt they'd make her a love interest for Oliver. 

Regardless, I'm just tired of the back and forth with the whole Canary thing. I'm done with the Canary in general. Honestly, it's come to the point where I'll avoid a BoP movie if it means that DLL or DD or whoever will be in it. 

What a mess. The WB execs who pushed for a new BC are morons.

• Love 15

Hey, maybe they're going to put Dinah and Lance together. It doesn't seem like they're going to bring back Donna. Just ignore that she has the same name as his ex-wife and she's going to be taking up his daughter's mantle. I don't think the age difference would matter to them. (I don't think this is going to happen, but hey, why not throw out a crazy theory?) 

Lol.  I do want to see what Quentin's reaction is.  "So....you have my ex-wife's and dead daughter's name, and you're wearing my dead daughter's outfit....I need a drink. Oh right, I just got out of rehab. "

Well since we're doing crazy theories, maybe Quentin has a nephew named Kurt. :D

• Love 15

As much as I like Donna, if they're not going to bring her back, sure put Quentin with Tina/Dinah.   Being with a woman younger than your own daughter seems to be a thing.

"Felicity: No one's gonna be good enough for you. Because you keep comparing them to Laurel, which is an impossible standard you might want to consider loosening.

I guess they think if they keep telling us how great Laurel was, we'll think they're not disrespecting her.  As Trevor Noah said on yesterday's The Daily Show "We have eyes".

Sara was the impossible standard. Even Thea was a high standard. Laurel, not even close.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Belinea said:

@dtissagirl: Thank you. My knowledge truly goes as far as knowing that Laurel was related to a Dinah. Hence the two names. But since I have never really read any comic books and I've no desire to read up on that just to understand a show better, I get confused quite easily especially if they all have similar names but are or are not the same person. So I appreciate any help :-)

No problem! Nobody should have to read any comic book to understand a show -- if that becomes necessary, then the show is failing the audience bigtime.

Plus -- it's good to be wary of any ~because comics~ rationale that simplifies stuff to one single beat/storyline. It's very very very rare for comics to have just one answer to any question. "Bruce Wayne is always Batman" Oh, except those couple of years when he died and Dick Grayson was Batman. And then Bruce came back from the dead and set up Batman Inc and there were like, 12 Batmen. Some of them were women! Wheeeee.

Nothing is EVER is set in stone in the comics.

• Love 4

I hate that they made Felicity say that line. If they ever get rid of Felicity on the show they better ffing treat her like a Goddess!!!!!!

I am now no longer sad shipper. Have magically transformed to raging angry shipper today!

• Love 3

I think I haven't posted here in over a year, but the latest spoilers have given me incentive to come out of hiding. As a long-lasting Black Canary fan, I am shocked by how much damage Arrow has done to the Black Canary brand.  If I wasn't sure that DC had at least a hand in this latest merry-go-around with the character, I would advise them to file a lawsuit against the Arrow producers for irreparable damages to one of their properties. So, let me see if I get this right: First, they introduce the perfect Black Canary in the form of Sara in season 2, but instead of continuing with her development, they completely retcon her character and then throw her off of the roof of a building so that Katie Cassidy's Laurel Lance can take her place and become the REAL Black Canary. However, aside from a poorly written origin story in season 3, they basically didn't do sht with Katie Cassidy's REAL Black Canary until they unceremoniously killed her off towards the end of season 4. Now, another half season later, we may finally get another Black Canary (after Sara) who is worthy of the legacy in terms of personality and skill and it's destined to fail yet again because she is the third, fourth of fifth(?) iteration of the character that we have seen on this show. So, not only do the writers keep on showing us that women are easy to replace, but they have also completely wrecked whatever trust their viewership ever had in them. Why should I get my hopes up for Dinah when they have shown repeatedly that they won't do right by the character (no matter which incarnation), anyways? And the saddest thing is that the DC Cinematic Universe has proven to be a total clusterfuck as well, so even if we do eventually get to see the Black Canary on the big screen, chances are that her characterization won't be any more true to form than the mess they have made out of Superman and Batman. Hopefully, 10 or 20 years from now, someone with an actual level of writing talent will develop a Birds of Prey series for a big time cable network or streaming service and wipe this crap out. 

Edited by shadow2008
  • Love 3

I finally gotaround tomwatching that sneak peek. Take away St Laurel and looking for this year's BC model, and this is actually the first time I felt the new team gelled pretty well. It makes me sad that it's happening now that it's most likely over.

• Love 1

I think it's pretty stupid to make such a big deal about a legacy of a character that had like maybe a little over a year of being a vigilante and being on the team. Imo she didn't do that much, they didn't even bother giving her any big hero moments, not even right before she died so all this hyping of what a hero she was is totally unsupported by anything actually shown on screen. And also it's pretty ridiculous to ignore that Sara was the canary first and is literally out there traveling through time basically saving the world and doing all that inspired by Laurel rn. So even if I pretend Laurel's legacy is a big deal and something that exists, how isn't Sara already doing it justice is what I don't get and they're avoiding giving an answer because they don't have one that isn't because bts reasons. 

• Love 13
14 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

I think it's pretty stupid to make such a big deal about a legacy of a character that had like maybe a little over a year of being a vigilante and being on the team. Imo she didn't do that much, they didn't even bother giving her any big hero moments, not even right before she died so all this hyping of what a hero she was is totally unsupported by anything actually shown on screen. And also it's pretty ridiculous to ignore that Sara was the canary first and is literally out there traveling through time basically saving the world and doing all that inspired by Laurel rn. So even if I pretend Laurel's legacy is a big deal and something that exists, how isn't Sara already doing it justice is what I don't get and they're avoiding giving an answer because they don't have one that isn't because bts reasons. 

Exactly. Once the writers threw Sara off of a building, they essentially stopped developing the Black Canary identity on this show. Laurel never went on missions of her own. She never had her own nemesis. She never built her own superhero network and she was never shown to be a symbol of light for the women and little girls of Star City.  If the writers had done any of this, I could maybe see why some outsider would feel compelled to continue the Black Canary legacy, but now? Not a chance. 

Edited by shadow2008
  • Love 17
6 minutes ago, shadow2008 said:

Laurel never went on missions of her own. She never had her own nemesis. She never built her own superhero network and she was never shown to be a symbol of light for the women and little girls of Star City. 

It's funny, this sounds exactly like Felicity to me. 

• Love 22
16 minutes ago, shadow2008 said:

LOL, didn't Felicity have a nemesis of her own (the Clock King and the Bee Lady), though? Or did I imagine it?

Not to speak for the OP but, I think their point is that Felicity has done all that.

Felicity has/had 2 nemesis and may get a 3rd tonight.

Felicity helped build team noobs and helped Team Flash get over their issues.

Felicity actually had 5-6 hero moments (S1 stopped Device, S2 stabbed Slade, S3 stopped Captain Boomerang, saved Oliver in ATOM suit, S4 stopped multiple nukes, including one about to hit SC, S5 rescued LoT and helped take down the Aliens)

Felicity is/was a symbol of light for Oliver

Felicity is supposed to be going her own way in S5 but even in S3 she pretty much became the foundation for TA while Oliver was dead.

• Love 16
35 minutes ago, shadow2008 said:

Exactly. Once the writers threw Sara off of a building, they essentially stopped developing the Black Canary identity on this show. Laurel never went on missions of her own. She never had her own nemesis. She never built her own superhero network and she was never shown to be a symbol of light for the women and little girls of Star City.  If the writers had done any of this, I could maybe see why some outsider would feel compelled to continue the Black Canary legacy, but now? Not a chance. 

Hey! That's not true! One time, she winked at a kid, ok? She had a fan! Well, two, with the other being Cisco. 

6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

mj-laughing.gif

These writers really are shit, they should write comedy. 3 Canarys, 3 Dinahs. I cant even say I am surprised.

I mean, if you want to count Evelyn stealing Laurel's costume and trying to be her for an episode, then that's 4 Canarys. But I'm with you on that; this show can't write its female characters properly. Or they have the potential, but never give them anything. I love Felicity, but damn if that woman ever gets anything in terms of her own storyline. Thea's gotten stuck with basically nothing without a man by her side. Laurel, well, look at the disaster that happened there (and Katie Cassidy is not all to blame for it; the writers and showrunners screwed up). Sara might be their best well written character before they decided to toss her in the garbage and fridge her. All the other women on this show have been fairly forgettable. Ok, Moira was the best written female character but she's been gone for over two seasons now. 

• Love 4

Spoiler person popping by.

Enjoying reading your speculation and theories lol about canadagraphs being me...He sounded pissed that he didn't get to reveal the Dinah Drake thing...still the episode is juicy.

I typo'd up my username...damn

Edited by YonkouProdutiona
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, YonkouProdutiona said:

Enjoying reading your speculation and theories lol about canadagraphs being me...He sounded pissed that he didn't get to reveal the Dinah Drake thing...still the episode is juicy.

Bless you for your spoilers gifts.

• Love 8
Just now, YonkouProdutiona said:

Do you mean episode 11 or the one they're filming now? 

Also welcome to the board!

9 minutes ago, YonkouProdutiona said:

This thread 

Oh, I think it's kinda obvious you aren't CG haha Don't think CG would have any dialogue info. 

But lol he does sound pissed. Poor buddy.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, YonkouProdutiona said:

Welcome!  As much as I didn't love the news of NuCanary, I appreciated you giving us such great detail--I needed advance warning.

Let us know if you decide to write a behind-the-scenes tell all.  Some of us are dying to know why the powers-that-be made some of the decisions they did.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, YonkouProdutiona said:

Feel free to continue ruining Canadagraphs' day, please.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, YonkouProdutiona said:

You bested Canadagraphs. Bravo. Keep doing your thing. ??

• Love 8
(edited)
35 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Do you mean episode 11 or the one they're filming now? 

Also welcome to the board!

This episode, Canadagraphs was annoyed he got scooped about Dinah Drake because he couldn't get the OK to reveal it.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

The episode, Canadagraphs was annoyed he got scooped about Dinah Drake because he couldn't get the OK to reveal it.

It's so weird because it's like since when has he cared about getting an ok before?

Just now, LeighAn said:

It's so weird because it's like since when has he cared about getting an ok before?

I think he's worried about becoming a persona non grata at the places they're filming - and worried he will stop getting autographs from the actors (you know, for him to sell)

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, YonkouProdutiona said:

How do you know all of this?