Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

I feel like 510 definitely began to set up Felicity turning to people other than Oliver to get stuff done. I guess they're going to continue to plant the seeds in 511 and 512 too and then launch into her arc after that. 

My stream suuuucccked tonight so my comprehension of the episode is pretty low. However, it appeared like Oliver was being particularly dickish to Felicity at times so I'm all for Felicity & Friends going full steam ahead. (I retain the right to change my opinion on Oliver once I rewatch the episode without it buffering every 30 seconds and skipping scenes.)

But the one scene that streamed fine was Felicity decking BS so thanks computer! I will treasure that scene always. It also froze on LL's broken chocolate statue head so clearly my computer loves me. 

• Love 2

I know everyone is excited but before this gets out of hand, I'd like to remind you all that this thread is for spoilers. Discussion of what happened in tonight's episode needs to go in its thread. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

If Susan is legit a "good person" and this isn't some kind of misdirect, I will never, ever, ever understand why they introduced her as a shady asshole. There is no point to it whatsoever story wise and is incredibly dumb, even for the Arrow writers - who are all very dumb.

I bet you that  the story they think they are telling is her being conflicted between doing her job to the best of her abilities - uncovering dirt on him - and what she feels for him. They are giving her depth! Lol

• Love 3

Canada Graphs is claiming to have a spoiler so juicy he can't spoil it yet.

Sounds fake since he's never cared about spoil anything about Arrow ever. Like the proposal, Felicity in a wheel chair, Goth Hallucinations, the fake wedding, Laurel dying ect etc

But I'll guess we will see if he caves.

24 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Canada Graphs is claiming to have a spoiler so juicy he can't spoil it yet.

Sounds fake since he's never cared about spoil anything about Arrow ever. Like the proposal, Felicity in a wheel chair, Goth Hallucinations, the fake wedding, Laurel dying ect etc

But I'll guess we will see if he caves.

If he's happy it's probably not something I'll like.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Probably has a picture of tina's new costume.

That's a good option. He and Ken were throwing shade at Laurel fans and gloating about how they were right all along about Tina being new Black Canary. Possible.

But again why not post when he's done it before?

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If he's happy it's probably not something I'll like.

He did say he wishes he could share and he would if he could so probably.

Im not going to freak out too much cause it feels kind of troll-ey (especially since he tweeted it as part of #bellletstalk which he seemed pretty serious about) and I figure if he does have something sooner or later he'll cave, he always does. 

I remember he the proposal and the fake wedding he sorted of tweeted similar I've found out a spoiler that I can't share tweet before spoiling it like the day after haha.

Some kind of charity I think for mental health. Im not too sure but lots of people were using the hash tag. I think it's something like companies donate 5c or something for every tweet? 

Edited by LeighAn
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Ah, ok. Thanks!

Ergo he may have been talking up a spoiler for tweets/retweets. 

But we will see.

Also your welcome :)

Edited by LeighAn
12 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Im not going to freak out too much cause it feels kind of troll-ey (especially since he tweeted it as part of #bellletstalk which he seemed pretty serious about) and I figure if he does have something sooner or later he'll cave, he always does. 

You cannot freak out! If you freak out I'll lose my sh@t!

Does this guy like sharing miserable news or something? 

1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

You cannot freak out! If you freak out I'll lose my sh@t!

Does this guy like sharing miserable news or something? 

He pretty much shares everything haha. Even stuff he hates. 

He's a big hater of shippers and stans and basically any form of fan for any show ever haha.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

He pretty much shares everything haha. Even stuff he hates. 

He's a big hater of shippers and stans and basically any form of fan for any show ever haha.

Finding spoilers is a peculiar hobby to engage in if you hate fandom!

Just now, bijoux said:

To get buzz?

Yeah I mean honestly I think the point was to get tweets for the charity hash tag which I have to give him props for.

I do think he'll cave sooner or later. 

If he has a picture of the costume though I will laugh forever if Tina has fishnets haha. I think that would be something that would classify as juicy.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

If he has a picture of the costume though I will laugh forever if Tina has fishnets haha. I think that would be something that would classify as juicy.

For the sake of the actress and her body double, I hope that's not the case. Or that all of Tina's fight scenes take place inside if it is.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Finding spoilers is a peculiar hobby to engage in if you hate fandom!

He's a pappparazzi so he takes filming pics for a living and I'm assume befriends the crew guys who give him spoilers. 

That being said he and he's pap friend haven't had as much inside info as the last few seasons and they were wrong a couple of times this season (they insisted there was no rehearsal scene during the 100th filming and that Emily wasn't part of the filming at the Queen Mansion). 

But they're fairly reliable.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

But it sounded more show related than relationship. So i am guessing so twist regarding the big bad. 

Could be. I for one am hoping there is a twist to Prometheus. 

Maybe @Morrigan2575 might be right that Talia comes to the present as the real big bad?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

You mean he runs around and asks for autographs?

And sells them?

People do this for a living?

Yup. And I suppose giving fandom spoilers helps his auto selling business? Idek. He is super gross all the time when talking to female fans and talking about actresses, but he's also broke some pretty big spoilers, so fandom keeps interacting with him. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

So is Tina going to be Oliver's "success" story in "showing another way"?  Helena was a failure. Sara wasn't a success for him either. (She returned to the LOA at the end of S2).  

Well I haven't watched the episode entirely yet Im saving it for later. But of the Olicity scenes I've watched I honestly think Diggle and Felicity will be his success storylines this year primarily with the newbies being side pieces. 

I read Jen from Something to live for tumblr review and one part I do agree with her on is that Olivers optimism and hope of there being some good in Black Siren is a precursor for Felicity and Diggle coming up. If he goes as far as he did for Black Siren he will go further for Felicity.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I'm not going to freak out too much cause it feels kind of troll-ey (especially since he tweeted it as part of #bellletstalk which he seemed pretty serious about) and I figure if he does have something sooner or later he

He said earlier in the day that he was going to use that hashtag on every tweet so I wouldn't put too much stock in that. It's a really big charity day here so most of us just include it with everything ($0.05 for every tweet/RT means a donation to Canadian mental health services).

In terms of spoilers, does that Reddit person who leaked the episode last month post often? Because he was spot on - even with particular lines of dialogue. 

In other news, after that ep I was so hyped but then my sister (who is a very casual viewer of the show) immediately texted me "you know Oliver's gonna bone this new Canary, right?" Personally last night gave me hope for an Olicity reunion but I just found it interesting that someone who reads no interviews or spec immediately went there. It's not just shipper hysteria. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

But it sounded more show related than relationship. So i am guessing so twist regarding the big bad. 

I would agree with this. If it was a relationship thing, I think he would have been an asshole. A gleeful tweet because it sucks for Olicity or a rage tweet cause it's great for Olicity. This one seems to tame.

• Love 2

Or they going by the fact he was together with the other 2.  He is going all in with Susan anyway. I dont think casual viewers really thought the show was gonna kill off KC as BC. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 3

I seriously don't get how after Oliver and Felicity were frankly making angry sex eyes at each other one minute and heart eyes each other the next and protecting each other that anyone can doubt that they aren't making up at the end of the season. 

Tina throwing a guy through a window leading to Tina and Oliver bumping uglies is a huge logic jump to make.

But 5B is here now. I guess we will see how the cookie crumbles when it does.

In the mean time I'm going to enjoy all the cute/sexy Olicity.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I would agree with this. If it was a relationship thing, I think he would have been an asshole. A gleeful tweet because it sucks for Olicity or a rage tweet cause it's great for Olicity. This one seems to tame.

"I found out a #Arrow spoiler that's going to have Olishitty and Fefe fans crying and wetting their beds"

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Oh see that's more like it. It's probably whenever Reporter and Oliver have sex. 

I just made that up haha. 

No his exact tweet was:

I got an Arrow spoiler so juicy it pains me that I can't talk about it yet.

• Love 3

So, the 511 extended promo. I think we're supposed to be all, "Oh, look, Tina's a badass." But it's more, "Why is this the woman you want to be the new Black Canary? Is it just because of the cry?" I think that's also because I don't understand the thought process here. Like I said in the 510 thread, their plan seems to be:

12 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

"Need a new Black Canary. Find a woman who can be that. Recruit her. Tell her she's the new Black Canary. And done."

Also, after that preview, I'm really interested in seeing how Oliver, Rene and Curtis convince Tina to not only move to Star City and become the new Black Canary, but also how they all convince her to go off to Russia with them in 512. I'm expecting some pretty impressive speeches. 

• Love 4

I think I am the odd one out - the impression I got of Tina from the 5.10 scene and 5.11 preview was she was a little too smug - I didn't like her line delivery/facial expression combo.  I think she's trying too hard.  I don't know...her attitude came across a lot more like Wild Dog to me. 

I'll see if my impression changes when I see more of her in the next episode.  

I wonder what would happen if this nuBC can't pull it off.  Can they really backtrack this one if they gave her a real canary cry?..or are we stuck with her for the rest of the show because they want BC by GA's side always?

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ComicFan777 said:

I wonder what would happen if this nuBC can't pull it off.  Can they really backtrack this one if they gave her a real canary cry?..or are we stuck with her for the rest of the show because they want BC by GA's side always?

They get rid of her and bring in E2 Felicity who fights and makes her own gadgets hence sonic scream. 

Hehe I'm just kidding :p

• Love 2

I think she has to come off as smug because she's a woman doing her own thing and isn't ready to just agree to join a bunch of hooded vigilantes. But let's hope it doesn't last all season, we dont need another WD on our hands. 

Speaking of WD he was on fire tonight esp when he said "this is getting good", that was the most poignant thing he said all season long. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

Rinse and repeat. Four times the charm. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

So, the 511 extended promo. I think we're supposed to be all, "Oh, look, Tina's a badass." But it's more, "Why is this the woman you want to be the new Black Canary? Is it just because of the cry?" I think that's also because I don't understand the thought process here. Like I said in the 510 thread, their plan seems to be:

Also, after that preview, I'm really interested in seeing how Oliver, Rene and Curtis convince Tina to not only move to Star City and become the new Black Canary, but also how they all convince her to go off to Russia with them in 512. I'm expecting some pretty impressive speeches. 

I'm betting heart to heart with Oliver who will tell her his story and LL's story to convince her. Still it would have worked better if she was showed a little lost because that would have made her open to connect with them ad work with a team. As it is it seems she finds them a bunch of morons..not sure I can blame her for that idea, LOL.

From the preview I got the same impression of the introduction..trying too hard and since that reminds me of Laurel or wild puppy I don't care for that.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

We'll learn that fortunately, a lot of women in CC became metas with canary cries (until one sticks) but none of them will pop up until they're needed. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

The worst thing that can happen is nobody giving a damn about Tina. If audiences end up hating her at least they have options. But they'll be very screwed if nobody feels anything either way.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Black Canary 4: The Blackest Canary

4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

We'll learn that fortunately, a lot of women in CC became metas with canary cries (until one sticks) but none of them will pop up until they're needed. 

2 Black 2 Canary
Black Canary: Tokyo Drift
Black & Canary
Canary Five
Black & Canary 6
Canary 7
The Fate of the Canary

• Love 19
10 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

The worst thing that can happen is nobody giving a damn about Tina. If audiences end up hating her at least they have options. But they'll be very screwed if nobody feels anything either way.

Judging by the comments in the promo on you tube Id say right now it's "nobody cares" She got no love but I don't think she got hate either just a lot of "sorry not the real black canary/why do we need another canary again?" type comments. 

• Love 1