Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

If Wild Dog stays around, can they give him a new 'costume'? Maybe it is just me but everyone else looks so dark and leathery and he wears the blue jersey... I know but that was the first thing I noticed...

So the flashbacks in 5x09 will tell us how Oliver created Prometheus? 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

What is Felicity saying at the beginning of the promo? (I love EBR, but she needs to slow down/enunciate better)

What was so urget that you had to rush to Star City. (It sounded quite clear in the promo, atleast for me).

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1

Something

4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

What is Felicity saying at the beginning of the promo? (I love EBR, but she needs to slow down/enunciate better)

Felicity: What was so urgent that you had to rush to Star City?

Barry: Aliens

Olivier: Aliens

Felicity: Have you lost your mind!?

• Love 2

Would Real Felicity actually say "Have you lost your minds?" on hearing that?  I think there's a line or two that's been cut.

Felicity (and Cisco) with guns!  Squee!

35 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I think that's flashback/season 1 Oliver, based on the hood and the sleeves. 

So whoever he is torturing is a clue to the identity of Prometheus?

Edited by statsgirl

I used TVLine to see the 509 promo pics, because I sometimes have problems with SpoilerTV...

ar509b_0195b.jpg?w=700

See "Claybourne Pharmaceuticals" sign in 509 promo pic above. According to Arrowverse Wiki, one of the names that appeared on the list in Oliver's father's book was "Justin Claybourne," although he never appeared on the show. I have no idea what their source is for this info. But assuming it's true, it could just be a coincidence in names - or not.

http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/The_List

Also, in this 509 promo pic, it looks like it's S1 Oliver (no mask, see sleeves) in some kind of lab with a dead guy on the floor:
ar509b_0060b.jpg?w=700

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Also, in this 509 promo pic, it looks like it's S1 Oliver (no mask, see sleeves) in some kind of lab with a dead guy on the floor:

Looks like he's in Claybourne Pharmaceuticals in the old pic too, based on the sign on the wall in the back. Same place maybe (based on the Level 6 in both pics).

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

If I was ranking suits/looks: Arrow, The Hood, GA 2.0, .......... GA.

Olicity fandom is fast. The suit/blue shirt combo Oliver is wearing looks like the out he were when they got into Merlyn's company. Olicity flashback? 

3 minutes ago, looptab said:

So, either Prometheus is some rando they decide to insert in 509, or is he..the Count's brother? 

Maybe it's FauxCount from the Fringe universe.

• Love 4
Just now, Chaser said:

If I was ranking suits/looks: Arrow, The Hood, GA 2.0, .......... GA.

Olicity fandom is fast. The suit/blue shirt combo Oliver is wearing looks like the out he were when they got into Merlyn's company. Olicity flashback? 

To that joyful day when he went to talk to Tommy and then banged Laurel in front of a window? O-kay.

• Love 6

Maybe Isabel wasn't the first woman he called out the wrong name with...just saying. 

Lol - I have selective memory. Totally blanked on the unfortunate event being in the same episode. 

• Love 4

However, there are these spoilers (of course, what these guys said isn't what we're seeing so far):

-- In response to fan who wanted Felicity to have a real arc like other characters and not something that's brushed aside after two episodes or magically resolved, Brian Ford Sullivan tweeted: "I hear ya.  FWIW: Dig & Felicity each start their "own" stories in 502 that are still paying dividends through 512 (breaking now)." (Sep. 21, 2016 briforsul tweet, page 44 of Spoilers thread and page 1192 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

-- On Diggle being framed by his corrupt military commander in 502 and facing court martial, MG: “This is the start of a storyline that’s actually going to carry us through episode 512... There’s going to be a long tail storyline that we’re doing with Dig this year.” (Oct. 18, 2016 Entertainment Weekly article, page 47 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder how Josh Segurra, or rather his agent, got him a 'regular' contract.  Other than Mayo, he's been in the least number of episodes this season.

I assume they wanted to lock him down for the Vigilante reveal.

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Wild Dog is apparently replacing Roy since he's the only one in the fight with Oliver and Diggle while Curtis and Rory get left behind.  Boo.

Having seen Curtis fight, I consider this both smart and kind.

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

It's been spoiled that there is one. There is also a flashback to Oliver and Dig in the foundry.

AR509a_0443b_595_Mini%20Logo%20TV%20whit

• Love 2

When Ii read this on the Clock Tower thread

32 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I'm not saying they're doing it wrong, it's just not satisfying my personal itch at the moment. Does that make sense?

I thought, 'yes, that's how I feel about getting a brief Olicity flashback to season 1 when they weren't even together*.  It's not nearly going to give me what I need by now, or to keep me wanting to come back 8 weeks later.

*If they show a s1 scene where Oliver was lusting/making heart eyes at Felicity, I'm going to cry foul because she wasn't even on his radar back then.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

When Ii read this on the Clock Tower thread

I thought, 'yes, that's how I feel about getting a brief Olicity flashback to season 1 when they weren't even together*.  It's not nearly going to give me what I need by now, or to keep me wanting to come back 8 weeks later.

*If they show a s1 scene where Oliver was lusting/making heart eyes at Felicity, I'm going to cry foul because she wasn't even on his radar back then.

Well, he was kinda making heart eyes at her back during the S4 flashback (when he broke into QC) and he didn't even know who she was back then. I'm not excited over this Olicity flashback either; I'd hoped for a scene in the present that would them forward romance-wise. Without knowing any other detail, this FB to me feels like more of a crumb they're tossing at fans (kinda like that S4 flashback). 

• Love 5

I'm still looking forward to the s1 flashbacks honestly because I do want to figure out when they were supposed to have happened exactly, since it still doesn't seem really clear to me, plus I want to know who Prometheus is (even though it's looking like he's just going to be shoe-horned into a s1 flashback, but whatever, I'll bite).

I liked the s3 flashbacks with Diggle and Felicity honestly specifically because they didn't have anything to do with really anything (other than introducing Diggle's brother and even then giving us no real new information) other than making sure that DR and EBR were still in every episode in s3. They were just innocent scenes (even though the Olicity one was kind of overblown by MG on social media, but that's par for his course) that put characters that I liked into flashbacks, that I had to watch anyway since it was the main flashback episode, in a semi-realistic way.

Idk, I guess I'm just looking forward to them because I'm not putting much thought into them other than the idea that anything other than Prometheus' reveal isn't going to have anything to do with anything? If Olicity has a moment or whatever in the s1, then I'll probably see it just as innocent and as random and as entertaining as the 314 stuff, which to me was fine.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Oooh did they make a big fuss of the S3 Olicity flashback too?

I thought it was cute but nothing to get excited over!

Yeah, I think that MG said that it was a really good scene that was supposed to "break the internet" or something. I had the same feelings though as well. It was cute and entertaining but also random and meant nothing about anything so it was utterly harmless.

• Love 3

I have to admit, that crossover trailer looks like fun. Ridiculous because aliens but fun. I might actually tune in for that. I need something mind-numbing and silly at the moment and it seems like 508 has no bearing on the rest of the season so...

As for the pics, nice to see OTA and also...Felicity wearing jeans! Haha. This must be because she's chasing leads with Mayo Bread, who I really do think is working with/for Prometheus. I hope so anyway. 

The Oliver/Prometheus fight looks kind of cool too, though I feel like he's gonna end up being someone we've never seen before which is just laaaaaame.

I wasn't impressed by the idea of aliens for the crossover but if it gets us out of the s5 storyline, I'm for it.

MG made a big deal out of the s3 Olicity FB because by then people were kind of going crazy at the lack of Olicity at that point.  The season opened with a first date and a kiss, and the MSF had Oliver telling Felicity he loves her and thinking of her as he "died" and we expected good things when he came back.  But when he did get back, they blew up for the idiotic reason of Oliver deciding unilaterally (yet again) that he was going to work with Malcolm Merlyn and Felicity left out for weeks and weeks (8 episodes, 3 months until 3x20) because of it. 

So the flashback was supposed to be the big Olicity thing to thrill the shippers but it only worked for those who were so into Olicity (like jbuffyangel) that they thought this was great stuff.  I thought it was a cheap shot.

The FB in 5x09 gives me the same feeling right now.  Stupid show runners, I have no wish to go through s3 again.  I can't even watch the old episodes.

• Love 2

I think the S3 flashback would have had more impact if MG hadn't tried to predict the reaction. It's not like there were so many options for what it could be.

Since 101 is supposed to be a true Arrow 100, I like them flashing back to S1.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Chaser said:

On facebook SA said that pic of him in the suit/blue shirt is the final shot of an upcoming episode (so obviously 509). Would they end 509 on a flashback? IDK?

Edited by Guest
25 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

On facebook SA said that pic of him in the suit/blue shirt is the final shot of an upcoming episode (so obviously 509). Would they end 509 on a flashback? IDK?

My guess is that maybe Black Siren found her way down into the lair through the revolving door side entrance. 

20 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

My guess is that maybe Black Siren found her way down into the lair through the revolving door side entrance. 

Yeah, that was my first thought too tbh. Meh.

No one is saying KC's in 509 for sure. We're just speculating, given that she's in 510. There might be a cliffhanger. Who knows? Guess we'll see.

That new promo does make me want to watch the crossover eps - but the 508 promo pics still depress my excitement about Arrow's 100th episode because it seems focused on elements of the show that I never liked and that I wouldn't have stuck around 99 episodes of Arrow to watch if they had remained.

I think the 100th episode should've included more of what contributed significantly to Arrow's success, enough so to allow it to reach 100 episodes - and that's OTA and Olicity (imo). And yet the 508 promo pics don't show a single scene with either of those things.

However, I'll watch all of the crossover episodes live and just grit my teeth through the hour of Arrow.

ETA: I really can't stand listening to SA's facebook chats anymore. Fortunately, contrary to what he believes, I am able to separate the real life actor from the fictional character he plays. So I still like Oliver Queen (despite his deep flaws), while I no longer like SA.

ETA2: https://twitter.com/JulianaHarkavy/status/801711232717766658 

I wonder if one of the inevitable season-ending 'shockers' will be that Tina is a metahuman. She is from Central City.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

That new promo does make me want to watch the crossover eps - but the 508 promo pics still depress my excitement about Arrow's 100th episode because it seems focused on elements of the show that I never liked and that I wouldn't have stuck around 99 episodes of Arrow to watch if they had remained.

I think the 100th episode should've included more of what contributed significantly to Arrow's success, enough so to allow it to reach 100 episodes - and that's OTA and Olicity (imo). And yet the 508 promo pics don't show a single scene with either of those things.

However, I'll watch all of the crossover episodes live and just grit my teeth through the hour of Arrow.

I understand that people want the 100th episode to be a special occasion, it's just that I'm personally not one of those people. An entertaining hour of television takes presedence over a very special episode when it comes to my personal enjoyment of this or any other show.

I think he might be reacting to news of reports of a BC like character showing up places. Then we'll pick up after the hiatus w/ them still investigating/searching for her. Still, doesn't seem like a very exciting cliffhanger. Especially compared to s3 & 4.

Edited by GirlvsTV