Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, apinknightmare said:

Who are you, pretty bird?!!

LMAO. If they actually use pretty bird I will LOL and then die...from all the LOLing.

I actually think Black Siren will be the one asking "Who are you?"

Haha, yeah, I'm not completely serious about the amnesia thing - though I'm sure they will pull it at some point. It surely seems more likely that it has to do with BS, but given that it's the MSP and 509 will probably end in a cliffhanger, amnesia stays as my crack theory. :)

12 minutes ago, looptab said:

I'm sorry, that was me just joking ':)

:P  

Hmmm...looking at these spoilers, when will I want to watch again? 

Re: sides. Chem tests are typically done in person from what I understand, but would they have SA do a read over Skype? Just curious.

I hope they go full amnesia. Let's embrace the true soap opera nature of this show. Or "Who Are You" could refer to Prometheus who's been building and carrying a grudge since S1, but no one has any idea who he/she is.

Pretty sure 'sides' are also used to refer to script excerpts for the scenes being shot on a specific day. So, not just for auditions. Most likely, that is just his script for the scenes he was in the day the pic was taken.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, calliope1975 said:

Re: sides. Chem tests are typically done in person from what I understand, but would they have SA do a read over Skype? Just curious.

They could, but... lol. Way to chem test wrong.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, GirlvsTV said:

Pretty sure 'sides' are also used to refer to script excerpts for the scenes being shot on a specific day. So, not just for auditions. Most likely, that is just his script for the scenes he was in the day the pic was taken.

I heard that before but, wasn't sure.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

LMAO. If they actually use pretty bird I will LOL and then die...from all the LOLing.

I actually think Black Siren will be the one asking "Who are you?"

Maybe Diggle or Felicity? BS should know the same people as Laurel. I thought maybe Thea or Lance saying that to BS.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Assuming she shows up as Black Siren, didn't she know about Laurel being dead on this earth? I thought she made a "bye bye birdie" joke or something? 

Did she? I didn't watch her in The Flash so IDK.

Maybe it's not even about Black Siren. Could be about Prometheus. No idea. 

8 minutes ago, tarotx said:

Maybe Diggle or Felicity? BS should know the same people as Laurel. I thought maybe Thea or Lance saying that to BS.

Yes, she made a bye bye birdie joke. Which is why it makes more sense for Team Arrow to be wondering about her not the other way round.

Would SA have to go to LA?  If they narrowed it down to one or two could they not fly them to Vancouver to read since filming crossovers was going on? The read could be filmed and sent back with the dallies.  (I actually have no idea how this industry works.  It's why I like this board so much. Some of you do.) I would love to be wrong.  

I think who refers to Black Siren.

7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Yeah. I was just wondering if they ever do it the other way because of scheduling.

Every chem test I've heard of was done in LA. They flew SA to LA to test with CL. They flew EBR to LA to test with GG and i believe BR. They also had CL go to LA to test with KL.

• Love 4

So Gregory Smith is directing 510.

Remember these EP statements over the summer? Are they even trying any more, or have they retreated into their insular boys' club? Well, they'll soon be running out of episodes...

-- Per GB and MG, 50% of the directors on Arrow this season will be female or non-white. (TCA Summer Press Tour, Aug. 11, 2016: TVGuide tweet, page 42 of Spoilers thread, Polygon article, page 42 of Spoilers thread and page 190 of Mind Your Surroundings thread, and IndieWire article, page 195 of Mind Your Surroundings thread; and Sep. 7, 2016 Vulture article, page 195 of Mind Your Surroundings thread)

Here are the S5 directors assigned so far:

501 - James Bamford
502 - James Bamford
503 - Gregory Smith    
504 - Dermott Downs
505 - Laura Belsey
506 - John Behring
507 - Gordon Verheul
508 - James Bamford
509 - Antonio Negret
510 - Gregory Smith

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Oliver: Who are you?
BS: I go by Black Siren, but YOU can call me Pretty Bird *heart eyes*
Oliver: erm... Anyways...

I hope they find out she had a run in with Barry and then they call him and he says they locked her up and she wasn't supposed to be back and someone says she has some good lawyers.

• Love 15
31 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I hope they find out she had a run in with Barry and then they call him and he says they locked her up and she wasn't supposed to be back and someone says she has some good lawyers.

Slow clap

@Chaser ftw!

tv echo, thank you for all the work you do collating the spoilers.  I read it, until I got too bored, and have even less enthusiasm than I had before.  I don't care about aliens or the n00bs or Oliver not getting jealous when he finds out about Mayo.

More than anything, I'm worried about the "love letter" to the show since MG completely fails to mention anything I care about.    Minimal EBR and DR, big role for Wild Dog who is that n00b I most want to see put down,

And why couldn't they put in Raisa?  Even if Kathleen Gatti is still on General Hospital, she could take a day or two off.

Gregory Smith is moderately better than BamBam but still not a director I would watch a show for.

• Love 7

I don't get the big deal about Raisa. She is more of a running joke than a character. I'm kind of wondering about that report about EBR and DR not having as much screentime.

It seems there were a couple times it was reporting EBR wasn't shooting when she was.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I'm kind of wondering about that report about EBR and DR not having as much screentime.

It seems there were a couple times it was reporting EBR wasn't shooting when she was.

I thought the screen time thing was just for 501?

Other than that I'm not sure how they'd know about EBR's screen time seeing as she shoots most of her scenes inside. How would anyone know?

During the crossover filming one of the paps said that EBR/DR hadn't been shooting as much compared to last year, he didn't detail exactly what he meant by that (if he was talking the crossover compared to last year or 5x01 or the season as a whole).

There was a point where he said she wasn't going to be filming the next fews days or in the fauxmanison. Turns out he was wrong on both accounts.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

Would SA have to go to LA?

I always assumed he lives there half the time anyway. I figured they might just ask him to do it on a day he might be in LA anyway. Even if it is a weekend day.

So out of ten episodes in production so far this year, half are directed by two guys whose accomplishments range from substandard to mediocre. A+

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 9

In the video in this post SA mentions episode 102/episode 510. It could be nothing, but it sounds like they'll continue filming flashbacks to S1. First there was the flashback to the pilot, now potentially this. It makes sense and has potential.

4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

In the video in this post SA mentions episode 102/episode 510. It could be nothing, but it sounds like they'll continue filming flashbacks to S1. First there was the flashback to the pilot, now potentially this. It makes sense and has potential.

I thought SA was just saying that they're filming the 102nd episode (which is 510), not that they're doing flashbacks to episode 102, if that's what you meant? I may be getting confused. LOL.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I thought SA was just saying that they're filming the 102nd episode (which is 510), not that they're doing flashbacks to episode 102, if that's what you meant? I may be getting confused. LOL.

That's what I was saying, but I think you're right. I don't know why I didn't think of it. 

Just now, bijoux said:

That's what I was saying, but I think you're right. I don't know why I didn't think of it. 

Haha, to be fair he did say 102/510 very quickly, so I get it! :)

4 hours ago, tv echo said:

-- Per GB and MG, 50% of the directors on Arrow this season will be female or non-white

Here are the S5 directors assigned so far:

501 - James Bamford
502 - James Bamford
503 - Gregory Smith    
504 - Dermott Downs
505 - Laura Belsey
506 - John Behring
507 - Gordon Verheul
508 - James Bamford
509 - Antonio Negret
510 - Gregory Smith

I would be the first to say my math skills aren't what they should be but since when does 2 out of 10 constitute 50%?  (and that's being generous and counting Negret in there even though I think he's White)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

I would be the first to say my math skills aren't what they should be but since when does 2 out of 10 constitute 50%?  (and that's being generous and counting Negret in there even though I think he's White)

He's Columbian, so he counts, but, yep, the percents definitely do not add up.

7 minutes ago, way2interested said:

He's Columbian, so he counts, but, yep, the percents definitely do not add up.

I will never ever understand this. He's white in Colombia, HOW does one magically turn into a different race in a different country. LOL USA, you're weird.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Maybe they're counting Canadians in their diversity stats? LOL!

Usually you get tax exemptions in the film business for hiring/using local area/state talent, so that's probably one of the perks for them in that way, even though a lot of the times they end up just importing from within (which Arrow also obviously does from that s5 list alone), which in this case also means local talent.

Or it could be like the HIMYM creators thought about Canada with Cobie Smulders, thinking that it was "exotic," whatever they mean by that...

Edited by way2interested

Another thought on "Who Are You?".  Maybe it's not literal.  5.09 is "What We Leave Behind".  I am assuming Prometheus is revealed and whatever his connection to Oliver is.  Oliver is going to be devastated by what he unknowingly "created" by his actions as the Hood.  Maybe 5.10 is where he really has to decide (for like the 100th time) what kind of person he wants to be and start striving for it in order to get there by 5.23.  Black Siren in this episode might simply be to redirect Oliver's thoughts to fulfilling his promise to Laurel  on her deathbed.       

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I will never ever understand this. He's white in Colombia, HOW does one magically turn into a different race in a different country. LOL USA, you're weird.

In the US, on many forms where they ask about race, there's a differentiation between "white/non-Hispanic" and "Hispanic". I guess according to Berlanti, Antonio falls in the latter group?

yeah, the US is weird.

Edited by lemotomato
1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

In the US, on many forms where they ask about race, there's a differentiation between "white/non-Hispanic" and "Hispanic". I guess according to Berlanti, Antonio falls in the latter group?

yeah, the US is weird.

For me it's all super weird because Hispanic is someone who lives in a Spanish speaking country, not a word we use for racial denomination here. Nobody in Brazil is Hispanic because we don't speak Spanish. Everyone in Spain is Hispanic. There's no such thing as a Latinx/Hispanic race defined either by law or by culture in South American countries. From my POV it's a race invented by the US and applied to me only when I'm in the US, because by my local law I cannot be either Latinx nor Hispanic.

• Love 1

The US is the country where if you have a drop of African-American blood, you are defined as African-American.  It's going to be an awful shock in a few hundred years when everyone is varying shades of cafe au lait.

I'm not sure how many people know that Portuguese is spoken in Brazil although after the Olympics, I don't think there's any excuse.