Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I thought that pap said there's no wedding and that account was trolling fans? Maybe this is just a party.

I think that LL is married to Tommy and that's how they'll include him since CD can't show up. But if she was married to Oliver, I don't really care tbh, other than I hope they don't have them interacting much because the anti chemistry is painfully bad and I don't need to be reminded of that in the 100th episode. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, spartan said:

kc is in 5X10, it's probably black siren E2 , laurel lance E1 is dead but surely other laurel lance E3 in 5X08

It's nice of you to remind us of when she's appearing every other day.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tarotx said:

I guess because LOT is filming on the Mansion location. I have no idea where the Ray and Sara marriage rumor originated from though. 

But we know from paps that Wednesday's shoot at the Mansion (interior) is for LoT not Arrow. Arrow is filming at the Mansion Friday/Tuesday, LoT on Wednesday 

19 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

But we know from paps that Wednesday's shoot at the Mansion (interior) is for LoT not Arrow. Arrow is filming at the Mansion Friday/Tuesday, LoT on Wednesday 

RELEASE THE BUDGET, BERLANTI. RELEASE THE BUDGET. YOU SAID YOU WERE MAKING CALLS AND THAT THE NETWORK HAD FREED UP SOME MONEY FOR THE CROSSOVERS. FREE UP MORE.

Spoiler alert: I'm going to be spend crossover week in hysterics about the sets/location shots. You've all been warned.

• Love 17
(edited)
2 minutes ago, quarks said:

RELEASE THE BUDGET, BERLANTI. RELEASE THE BUDGET. YOU SAID YOU WERE MAKING CALLS AND THAT THE NETWORK HAD FREED UP SOME MONEY FOR THE CROSSOVERS. FREE UP MORE.

Spoiler alert: I'm going to be spend crossover week in hysterics about the sets/location shots. You've all been warned.

Wait, you mean Atrow, LoT and Flash use the same sets/locations for completely different in story settings?!  That's just crazy talk! ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh I know but Twitter started this not us. Here people are just speculating.

So...Twitter has been interesting. Looks like this one got serious enough for CW to pull out the big guns to force the cast to tweet for distraction.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-5-oliver-felicity-spoilers/

"We're not necessarily going to see them reconcile this season," executive producer Wendy Mericle tells TVGuide.com. "[But] I think there will always be lingering feelings between these two."

Complicating matters? Newcomer Det. Malone (Tyler Ritter). Viewers got a quick glimpse of Felicity's new beau in the Season 5 premiere and, if it wasn't obvious enough, we can confirm: hetruly is the anti-Oliver Queen.

Edited by way2interested

Well I mean they kinda just basically said olicity won't be back together this season, it's to be expected. Idk if that's just WM wording it badly while trying to be vague and teasing but if it's true I really have no interest to watch them apart and probably with other people all season. 

• Love 7

It really is just a bad article in general, but I don't necessarily blame people for being upset. I am side-eyeing its meaning, but it's such a crummy placement for a quote given the sentence before it is pretty much "catch 505 for answers!!1!!1"  

I am laughing so hard at the cast's forced media participation though. Makes me wonder how concerned CW actually is.

And it continues...MG finally came back to tumblr. I'm dying.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

Well I mean they kinda just basically said olicity won't be back together this season, it's to be expected. Idk if that's just WM wording it badly while trying to be vague and teasing but if it's true I really have no interest to watch them apart and probably with other people all season. 

I'm pretty sure she just worded it badly. Any normal producer would be like, "Well, they'll always have lingering feelings, but...you'll have to keep watching to find out what happens." She's terrible at building any kind of suspense. 

I do think the "necessarily" was intended to be the suspenseful word in that sentence, but didn't *quite* make it there.

• Love 1

That's a terrible phrase anyway you look at it. I mean, I know a showrunner won't come out and say, "oh, no worries, our cash cow romantic pairing will definitely get back together by season's end". But also, don't give the cockblocking a time table like that.

Unless... Is Wendy telling a journo the CW has ordered them to 'ship stall for a full season?

• Love 6

Everyone and their mother just hit SM. I'm wondering if they didn't realize how the article would sound and when it hit they sent out SOSs.

Edited by Chaser

Godsdammit, Arrow. Meet me at camera 3.

I loved you for Oliver Queen. I am in it for Oliver Queen. But you cannot seriously expect me to watch Oliver and Felicity work together, burn up the screen with chemistry no matter what you try to put between them and try to make me think it was just an affair? NOPE NOPE NOPE. I reject it.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

So. When the big 'shipper fanbase on Twitter threatens to bail a show, the CW orders cast and crew to ~interact. I honestly did not think they were this worried. But they are. Lol.

Makes me wonder how that message went... Plus, after the little mention of anything to do with romance during the summer, now they're concerned? or at least concerned enough to force the cast/MG into attempts at damage control?

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2

LMAO I love how 505 went from a big Olicity episode to just an Olicity-ish scene. Hahahahahaha.

16 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

To clarify - if there hadn't been an engagement last year, I could have dealt with the ship stall. I watched General Hospital and other soaps for years. I get it. But they passed a point of no return for me last year, and I'm not interested in going backwards and watching these two idiots pretend to move on. If this is a stall until mid-season, I could hang in there. Not for an entire season. I hope there's more clarity given. 

About me. I'd be more tolerant of this mess if not for the engagement and living together and the real wedding vows. That shit passed the point of no return, IMO.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 19

I am wondering if 505 will bury Olicity for good?

I am not sure I will watch the show without Olicity. I might watch it if Felicity has a lot of screen time but otherwise its not that good of a show to watch! 

Can someone summaries what has happened? I came back from yum cha and suddenly there is all this excitement. What happened exactly?

• Love 2

5x05 is going to have Felicity mistaking Human Target for Oliver, and getting all up in her feels because she sees him get shot or something. Then she'll probably tell "Oliver" that she still has the feels for him, but surprise! It isn't Oliver. Possible variances include: does Felicity realize it's Human Target Oliver (I think yes) or does Human Target Oliver tell real Oliver (I think no). Then post-ep interviews tell us the next ep to look out for for some kind of glacial movement. 

Maybe.

Edited by apinknightmare
Didn't mean to include the quote that I quoted for some reason.
  • Love 3

Honestly I think it's all a ship stall, but if the journey is horrible what do I care about the end? I could handle them both single for awhile but I don't need/want to see them dating others etc. but that's just me.

ETA: I don't know if it's just the people I follow on twitter, but to say this new statement from Wendy is going over bad would be a huge understatement.

Edited by Thundercatmary
  • Love 19

I know quite a few of you hated S3. Was it this depressing shipwise when you were waiting for S3 spoilers?

Because I loved S3 and if it looked this dire when you were waiting for S3 spoilers then maybe this season will be ok. 

Or is this the sh@ttiest season shipwise so far in terms of spoilers?

9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

LMAO I love how 505 went from a big Olicity episode to just an Olicity-ish scene. Hahahahahaha.

Was there ever another source for that info than jbuffyangel? Because...that whole section (starts with the "Olicity" heading) always read a little funny to me, like...she's leading the witness. And she says HUGE, but it isn't a direct quote, so who knows what MG really said?

TBH, I don't think they're getting back together until at least back half of the season. Why they continue to flog this PR line at this point, when they've probably recaptured any of the lost romance-haters they are likely to win back, I do not know. Maybe they want to gender-balance their losses, and drop a bunch more female viewers!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

Was there ever another source for that info than jbuffyangel? Because...that whole section (starts with the "Olicity" heading) always read a little funny to me, like...she's leading the witness. And she says HUGE, but it isn't a direct quote, so who knows what MG really said?

TBH, I don't think they're getting back together until at least back half of the season. Why they continue to flog this PR line at this point, when they've probably recaptured any of the lost romance-haters they are likely to win back, I do not know. Maybe they want to gender-balance their losses, and drop a bunch more female viewers!

You know, I'm not sure? I feel like WM spoke about 505 being the Olicity episode and she mentioned clarity but maybe Jbuffyangel is the source for this. I also thought she was putting her own spin on it tbh. Ugh. So annoying. 

Edited by Angel12d
2 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

Yes, WM has repeatedly mentioned 5x05 as an Olicity episode that will "answer some questions" regarding their ambiguity IIRC. And to be fair, the question did include the word "Olicity-ish" so I think he was just repeating the word in his answer. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I know quite a few of you hated S3. Was it this depressing shipwise when you were waiting for S3 spoilers?

Because I loved S3 and if it looked this dire when you were waiting for S3 spoilers then maybe this season will be ok. 

Or is this the sh@ttiest season shipwise so far in terms of spoilers?

For me, S3 was abysmal. I would only watch an episode after reading East Coasters opinions and ended up skipping several episodes. I think that's why I'm so skittish now. Binging it might have made it better for me, but each week spoilers would come out that not only didn't hold my interest but actively turned me off from watching the show. For the sake of my own mental health, maybe I should have cut bait at that point, but I kept hoping it would get better. Barring a few (major) missteps, I really enjoyed S4, so I know they can make a show I want to watch. We'll see what happens for S5. 

• Love 9

I was afraid we were getting the S1 romantic arc.  5.05 Oliver gets clarity when he sees Felicity kissing boyfriend. He does something which changes reporter's view of him. He and reporter date. Then we get the "Tina" casting call. Further delay a reunion until end of season unless lightning strikes twice and then not reunite at all. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Woo, that Tumblr Q&A is a hot mess. That answer about Geoff Johns, just...log out, friend. Hit the red X and call it a day.

That didn't even make sense.  I think he must have mistyped something.  

3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I was afraid we were getting the S1 romantic arc.  5.05 Oliver gets clarity when he sees Felicity kissing boyfriend. He does something which changes reporter's view of him. He and reporter date. Then we get the "Tina" casting call. Further delay a reunion until end of season unless lightning strikes twice and then not reunite at all. 

So then Olicity becomes the Lauriver dead ship.............omg.............I wonder how that would actually translate in terms of lost viewership!

2 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Pretty sure he was just kidding about that one.

I need sarcasm font with some of these answers. 

ETA: him not you, haha. Because I couldn't believe he was serious, but it also wouldn't surprise if he was. 

Edited by apinknightmare
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I need sarcasm font with some of these answers. 

I think he was kidding with the Geoff Johns answer, too, but I side eyed the one about putting energy towards starving children or whatever. Dude, I can multitask. I'm capable of putting energy into helping those less fortunate AND respectfully criticizing a show I love with flaws. I contain multitudes. Then I noped out of his Tumblr because I remembered why I quit following him to begin with. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 9

I find his yet again answering about how they don't cater to anyone some what funny given the circumstances of why he's on tumblr right now in the first place. Like, ok, they aren't catering, but it seems like your network has just blasted you for going too extreme in your not-catering.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 11

I don't think he mistyped in his Geoff Johns answer, and I don't think he was being sarcastic. I think he accidentally answered that Ask publicly instead of privately as the Asker kind of instructed.... I do think when he said "they overestimate their influence," he meant the Reddit people, not Geoff Johns, haha. At least, I hope, for him and his continued employment. But he should probably go ahead and delete that one anyway, because it does not look great.

• Love 1

Hmm..if they are not rebuilding Olicity anytime soon they might want to instruct SA & EBR to "act" differently in scenes.  

I wouldn't say I watch the show simply because of Olicity but the Oliver and Felicity relationship gave me something to care about after they took the Oliver/Felicity/Diggle dynamic from me. :(  I need something to care about if I'm going to sit through badly executed storylines.  

I have to wonder if the "Felicity as mass murderer" storyline is because we are going to see it more from Rory Regan/Ragman's POV.  (Sorry, I'm feeling a little bitter.)    

• Love 8