Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

They said 503-505 would be dealing with the fallout of flashpoint so I'm assuming 501-502 is actually when flashpoint takes place. 

1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Several of the first episodes and character arcs are influenced by another show. S4 *COUGH* S5 is testing me.

Honestly, I can take a lot, but this irks me beyond words.

• Love 6

About what DR said at the Con:

• He said that the helmet could do things last year, too. Or was it the gun, then? Either way, it was barely, if ever, shown. So either he is trolling us, or they are trolling him.
  • Have Curtis and the Star Labs people ever met? I honestly can't remember.
  • Love 2

Pretty sure it was the gun. Which really didn't do anything except have magic bullets that don't kill.

I can see them using the helmet to zoom in like a binocular, that's not a big deal. Would even expect the helmet to have night vision which we be cool and easy enough to do. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Pretty sure it was the gun. Which really didn't do anything except have magic bullets that don't kill.

I can see them using the helmet to zoom in like a binocular, that's not a big deal. Would even expect the helmet to have night vision which we be cool and easy enough to do. 

I just pictured Diggle with Geordi La Forge's visor.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, looptab said:

Have Curtis and the Star Labs people ever met? I honestly can't remember.

Not on screen. Doesn't mean they don't not only know him, but love him as well. But I assume Felicity is still in constant contact with them and it makes sense that he would be too seeing as he's hanging out in the bunker.

• Love 1

Dear Steve, either your buddy StarFace lied to you, or you're spreading a spin for kicks, but he did play a fictional character on an episode of Warehouse 13 in 2010. He even had to go to Toronto to shoot it, and had to film additional behind the scenes stuff for the SyFy channel to promote the episode, because they actually have more monies for that kind of thing than your current employers.

• Love 3

Meunier will play Ishmael Gregor, the slick and intimidating Pakhan (“Godfather”) of the Bratva, whom Anatoly (David Nykl) reports and takes a special interest in Oliver Queen. In the comics, Gregor was a Russian crime boss who craved the magical abilities of the demon Sabbac; however we will be exploring his more earthly ambitions.

• Love 1

I'm glad that the show really stepped up their game in casting the Big Bads after they screwed up with Ra's. Neal McDonough last year and now Chad L. Coleman and David Meunier this year. I'm more excited about the bad guys than anything else I've heard about the season.

The stills from 501 are interesting. I wonder who else gets kidnapped along with Oliver, and if they're the reason why he resorts to killing.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

I'm ridiculously excited about the David Meunier casting--even more so than I was with Neal McDonough last year.  He was a standout on Justified, IMO.  I think he'll knock being the Bratva king out of the park.  I'm with you, lemotomato, the bad guy casting this season is probably the only thing that is giving me a reason to watch.  The rest?  Not so much.

• Love 5

-- SA: "The suit changes in Season 5. That's a good question. Uh, we added sleeves back onto the suit for a variety of reasons. Um, one of the reasons will be explained on the show. But one of the other reasons was that, I'm not a method actor by any means. Um, but I do like to embody my character a little bit. And when you're the Arrow and you're 'uhhg, Arrow' (using deep, growly voice and raising fist), uh, it's a little bit tough when after every take, when you're filming on a rooftop at 3 o' clock in the morning in November, you go, 'can I have my puffy coat please?' I don't want that... I want to, like, really embody the character. So that was one of many reasons why we added sleeves back onto the suit for this year... And also, it's a nice, um, nod to the character you see in Legends, Oliver in 2046."

As I was reading "it's a nice, um, nod to the character..." my head went immediately to, "OMG, he's going to say it's to honor the Black Canary, and they've added fishnet, fingerless gloves!?!" Thank goodness, I was wrong. 

As nice as Amell's arms are, I'm glad to see the sleeves are back.

Edited by bethy
  • Love 3

Damn, how long has it been since Oliver was on the island because dude's hair has grown super quick. Does he take supplements? LOL.

Promo pics not all that interesting tbh but it's always nice to see Anatoly. Also there seems to be 3 other people who were kidnapped along with Oliver so I'm not sure if he'll risk killing anyone when he's so visible. Makes me wonder when these deaths actually happen. Flashbacks?

Edited by Guest
26 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

The stills from 501 are interesting. I wonder who else gets kidnapped along with Oliver, and if they're the reason why he resorts to killing.

Two other dudes and one lady as far as I can tell. I imagine if there are other hostages there, it's reason for Oliver not to kill, since those people could then pinpoint the new mayor as a killer. Unless he'd be willing to off them as well. And I don't care if there are 12 simultaneous Flashpoints, that does not fit Oliver's character at any point in time we have seen.

4 minutes ago, bethy said:

As nice as Amell's arms are, I'm glad to see the sleeves are back.

I'm glad for the sleeves too, and it's better than last year. The jacket is still nothing to write home about IMO.

Aside from the full face mask, which is not a bad idea, the Prometheus suit is really a take on the Arrow suit. It must be intentional. His quiver is even strapped across the chest like Oliver's used to be.  Did he maybe steal the old Arrow suit from the police station or just use it for inspiration?

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Two other dudes and one lady as far as I can tell. I imagine if there are other hostages there, it's reason for Oliver not to kill, since those people could then pinpoint the new mayor as a killer. Unless he'd be willing to off them as well. And I don't care if there are 12 simultaneous Flashpoints, that does not fit Oliver's character at any point in time we have seen.

I'm glad for the sleeves too, and it's better than last year. The jacket is still nothing to write home about IMO.

Aside from the full face mask, which is not a bad idea, the Prometheus suit is really a take on the Arrow suit. It must be intentional. His quiver is even strapped across the chest like Oliver's used to be.  Did he maybe steal the old Arrow suit from the police station or just use it for inspiration?

Isn't that the same thing from the Pilot? Their heads are covered just like Tommy's and he killed those guys in the Pilot too. Not sure of the difference if they can't see anything he can just as easily claim The Arrow did it and, they'd probably believe him because it's SC.

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)

Drugged or tased, he was definitely out of it.

I just think the writers in their, Back To Basics, I ❤ S1 mode just decided....Wouldn't it be cool if we reenacted the pilot? Hey people have been complaining that Oliver doesn’t kill, so let's have him snap a bunch of necks just like the Pilot! 

Anything else will be handwaved by the other characters.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

I was joking about them killing Lyla, but with actress getting a regular gig I wonder if they are doing something drastic like removing Lyla from the timeline. If so, Diggle better kill Barry.

• Love 6

I really hope they don't resort to killing her. Work around it, FFS, it's not like she showed up much to start with. Maybe this could be an incentive to have some more Diggle/Felicity scenes, when they need Diggle's POV. Come on, writers!

• Love 2

“Felicity is still dealing with -- she directed a missile at 20,000 people and they died,” she continued. “This is the first time she’s coming face to face with the reality of ‘Oh my god, I’m responsible for the deaths of [all these] people. For they (Oliver/Felicity) both are character-wise, the relationship is not at the top of their priority list right now.”

Sometimes I feel like they give Felicity a potentially good storyline but manage to screw it up along the way. And I doubt that it is the thought that counts in this case. 

Also, I have no idea what they try to achieve by downgrading the relationship. I mean, last season they had them engaged. If you don't want the relationship to be so important, don't write in such a manner. Afterwards you won't have to do a complete 180 turn. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 13

So if O/F's relationship is not their priority (I can understand that actually), why does Felicity need a new boyfriend? I'm crossing my fingers that he really is Flashpoint related because otherwise none of it makes sense. It's a total contradiction.

“The relationship, much to the chagrin to the Laurel fans, was borne out of that symbiotic relationship between the writers, what we were seeing on the dailies and the actors. We’re going to stay consistent on that,” she said. “We’re going to continue to see where these characters lead us. So it could go where the Olicity fans want… or not.”

LOL.  I think it's hilarious that she would throw that in there.

• Love 7
Just now, Starfish35 said:

LOL.  I think it's hilarious that she would throw that in there.

Haha. I find it funny because I don't think a true Laurel fan would want Laurel with Oliver. He treated her terribly. 

37 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Dolph Lundgren apparently shows up in 506 which starts shooting today and he was in the production offices. Was he cast as Kovar? Because I can't find it stated outright.

Yes, DL was cast as Kovar. From my S5 spoilers compilation...

Kovar
-- WM: “In our flashbacks in Russia — we’re set in Russia this season — we are going to be bringing in Dolph Lundgren as one of our big bads." This character was actually mentioned toward the end of S4, when Taiana referred to the Russian villain Kovar.  WM: “He is somebody we heard about in season 4... Kovar. We are going to bring him in and he’s going to be this super big badass guy who works for the Russian government, and is not a friend of Oliver or the Bratva. It’s part of Oliver’s promise to Taiana at the end of season 4 and it’s going to be interesting because it’s going to get complicated and very messed up very fast.” (TCA Summer Press Tour, Aug. 11, 2016: Entertainment Weekly article, page 42 of Spoilers thread)
-- Chris E. Hayner tweeted: "Dolph Lundgren starts filming soon. He will appear in three episodes. #Arrow #TCA16." (TCA Summer Press Tour, Aug. 11, 2016: CHayner tweet, page 42 of Spoilers thread and page 1117 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- It’s not just crime bosses Oliver has to fear as he tries to keep his promise to ill-fated island pal Taiana, to tell her parents what happened to her and brother Vlad. A new Big Bad, played by Dolph Lundgren, also awaits him in the flashbacks. WM: “[Dolph’s character] is a government strongman... He is scary and formidable — and he had a role in some stuff with Taiana’s family last season. He’s a bit of a badass.” (Aug. 20, 2016 TVLine article, page 42 of Spoilers thread)
-- Dolph Lundgren, who plays the Russian big bad Kovar, will give Oliver and SA a run for his money. WM: “Stephen’s excited to take him on... He’s a force of a nature, and Stephen -- and Oliver -- will have to take that on and figure out how to conquer [him].”  (Aug. 31, 2016 ETonline article, page 43 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Aug. 31, 2016, Dolph Lundgren was in the Arrow production office. (ArrowProdOffice tweet, page 43 of Spoilers thread)

David Meunier is a 43-year-old American actor.  He is approximately 6' tall...

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1635108/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/david_meunier

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Per BFS tweet.  Kosh says "So it begins" at the end of S1 Babylon 5. It marks the start of the Shadow War which covered S2 and beyond.

Hmm, I wonder what the joke could be?  There are so many ways to go if ut's Kosh related. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

I figured out the real identity of 'Prometheus' - he's Malcolm Merlyn in a modified Dark Archer costume.  And he'll be defeated by Oliver and unmasked in a climactic fight in the back half of S5.  Then he'll be presumed dead, but come back in S6.  Wash, rinse, repeat... ;)

Arrow-Season-5-Prometheus-2.jpg

tumblr_ni8hqjXBYd1t1qarbo5_r1_1280.jpg

Edited by tv echo

Once again, TV Fanatic gets its facts wrong (and conveniently forgets about Felicity)...

Team Arrow is down to the bare bones.

From what we know, as we roll into Arrow Season 5 Episode 1, the only members on it are Green Arrow and Speedy, and one of them is jumping off.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The TVLine article that @bijoux just posted in the Spoilers thread also included this update on that Blind Item that was previously discussed in this forum...

Question: Any hint on the recent Blind Item you told us about? —Eric
Ausiello
: It’s not a show on CBS, which leaves ABC, Fox, NBC and The CW. And the series in question is back on the air in the next month.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1