Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

My suspension is no longer a suspension, but, uh, it's funny, you know, because, you know, being a cop's all I ever wanted, but when I got that call, I didn't feel a thing.

I interpreted that the other way around. That the suspension was no longer a suspension, i.e. it was permanent, they fired him. And yet he didn't feel a thing. Wouldn't he have said that they lifted his suspension? My linguistic barrier is showing :$

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

My guess is that they would do the election during the hiatus, so we don't have to rehash the whole election storyline again.

They said it would be held in August and I assume this is exactly why. They already had the campaign and the swearing in. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I was wondering..do you guys think they are going to have an election or just keep Oliver as the mayor because he is white and from a rich family so it must make sense?

I think their rationale for keeping OQ mayor is Because Comics. Election in August, so they don't have to bore us again.

We've sat through 2 mayoral elections, I think the writers are done with them for now.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Chaser said:

Do you do research or data collection for a living because you are crazy good at it.

No.  I'm just a casual research 'nerd' and longtime 'bookworm' with a perfectionist tendency.  But thank you.

Early last year I started collecting articles, quotes, links, etc., on Arrow topics, especially relating to Felicity, Olicity and/or OTA, because I got tired of trying to find the same sources again and again, in order to have them on hand to support arguments & defenses that would keep recurring in online discussions. That collection expanded to include other Arrow topics like awards & wins, acting recognition, refuting fan service, comics as soaps, and behind-the-scenes info.  (This Word document is now over 500 pages in length.)

I also started collecting favorite quotes from every Arrow episode (using a combination of the foreverdreaming transcripts and Olicity Queen's youtube video clips).  I've been doing this slowly over the past few years.  I started with episode 1x03 and am currently up to episode 4x10.  I hope to be caught up by the time S5 starts.

And yes, I'm also a compulsive list-maker.  Hence, my spoiler compilations, comic-con list and social media list.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with these documents when Arrow finally ends. ;)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 19
(edited)

In a February 2016 tumblr post, MG had said that Liza Warner would be returning next season.  But it's possible that things have changed since then - and maybe that's why they created the new Detective Malone character.

Tyler Ritter is the son of the late John Ritter (Three's Company) and the brother of Jason Ritter (Joan of Arcadia, Gravity Falls).  Tyler's resume includes The McCarthys and Young & Hungry, as well as guest appearances on AoS (playing Thomas Ward) and NCIS (playing Luca Sciuto).  He's 31 years old and 6'1"...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, tv echo said:

No.  I'm just a casual research 'nerd' and longtime 'bookworm' with a perfectionist tendency.  But thank you.

Early last year I started collecting articles, quotes, links, etc., on Arrow topics, especially relating to Felicity, Olicity and/or OTA, because I got tired of trying to find the same sources again and again, in order to have them on hand to support arguments & defenses that would keep recurring in online discussions. That collection expanded to include other Arrow topics like awards & wins, acting recognition, refuting fan service, comics as soaps, and behind-the-scenes info.  (This Word document is now over 500 pages in length.)

I also started collecting favorite quotes from every Arrow episode (using a combination of the foreverdreaming transcripts and Olicity Queen's youtube video clips).  I've been doing this slowly over the past few years.  I started with episode 1x03 and am currently up to episode 4x10.  I hope to be caught up by the time S5 starts.

And yes, I'm also a compulsive list-maker.  Hence, my spoiler compilations, comic-con list and social media list.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with these documents when Arrow finally ends. ;)

You should petition the show to get a continuity or fact checker role. They definitely need someone like you on their staff :)

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, kismet said:

You should petition the show to get a continuity or fact checker role. They definitely need someone like you on their staff :)

Are you trying to kill her? She'd go crazy in a week dealing with their stupidity 

• Love 16

Too true.

Incidentally, Madison McLaughlin was in the Arrow production offices today, but her character of Evelyn Sharp isn't supposed to return until 502.  So what's she doing back so early?  Are they shooting 501 and 502 together?

Just now, tv echo said:

Too true.

Incidentally, Madison McLaughlin was in the Arrow production offices today, but her character of Evelyn Sharp isn't supposed to return until 502.  So what's she doing back so early?  Are they shooting 501 and 502 together?

Hmmm with Bamford shooting both episodes and McLaughlin in the prod office, I wonder if episodes 501/502 are going to be a 2 parter? 

3 hours ago, looptab said:

I interpreted that the other way around. That the suspension was no longer a suspension, i.e. it was permanent, they fired him. And yet he didn't feel a thing. Wouldn't he have said that they lifted his suspension? My linguistic barrier is showing :$

This is how I interpreted that line as well. I have wondered if Quentin is still coming back.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Hmmm with Bamford shooting both episodes and McLaughlin in the prod office, I wonder if episodes 501/502 are going to be a 2 parter? 

SA said it was a "cross forward." I thought that's what he meant - that it's a two parter. 

5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

SA said it was a "cross forward." I thought that's what he meant - that it's a two parter. 

Oh I don't recall him ever saying that! Then yeah that makes sense. I'm intrigued now.. Wonder what's going to happen

Just now, apinknightmare said:

Well, clearly I misheard him. Cross-whatever, you know what I meant! 

Oh, i didn't hear him, i read it somewhere.  so you could totally be right and the person who tweeted it got it wrong ?

I do remember @dtissagirl explained it so I'm sure she knows what it is...whatever it is 

Yeah. The more common term is "block shooting", but it's the same thing -- filming multiples at once. Either multiple episodes directed by the same person are produced together, OR multiple scenes that all use the same location are shot together regardless of episode. Like when West Wing went to DC a couple of times per season, and they shot all White House externals at the same time.

• Love 4

Farscape shot there first 4-8 episodes in two episode blocks; it's apparently a common production technique in Australia... Then realized that it was INSANELY hard for a high effects show (most Aussie productions are procedurals).  It will be interesting to see how the Arrow crew/cast reacts.  I've been sad to see the decline in production over the season, so things that save money without hurting quality would be awesome.

• Love 2

This has been bugging me all day, so I'm just going to put it out there: what are the odds that there hasn't been casting news about new female characters yet because they're going to be potential love interests (present day or flashbacks) and SA hasn't been available for chem testing?

1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

This has been bugging me all day, so I'm just going to put it out there: what are the odds that there hasn't been casting news about new female characters yet because they're going to be potential love interests (present day or flashbacks) and SA hasn't been available for chem testing?

SA has been twitter dark for a long while now, and before China I doubt he was very busy so they definitely would've had time for a chemistry test if there was a new love interest...

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Well, that would certainly be one way of addressing the "romance has taken over the show" complaint, by adding more of it and making it angstier than it was last season. Which seems like the type of dumb shit MG and co would want to do. Whether or not they'd get approval to do it from TPTB though, IDK. Guess we'll see soon enough.

• Love 9

I suppose it's possible. I look at S4 - ER was announced as the flashback love interest, and based on her numerous # including answering what she regretted about the season, she was under the impression she was going to be a love interest. For whatever reason, that didn't happen, and I'm curious when the shift happened. We had Ghost!Shado telling Oliver he loved #Poppy, but then that didn't go anywhere. I wasn't against having a flashback love interest, but #Poppy was such a fail on multiple acting/writing levels, I was #blessed it was scrapped. 

Looking forward, I can't see Oliver with another woman until Olicity has run it's course. I don't think it would work. I could see one in the flashbacks, though, if done right. What will actually happen is hard to say because TPTB have made boneheaded decisions in the past, and I have no doubt they'll make a few more. 

• Love 8

I could see FB love interests more than anything present day tbh, it makes more sense because you can show Oliver in other relationships etc yet still continue messing up developing Oliver/Felicity.

If they drop them all together I will be super unhappy, but honestly I don't see that happening, I'm hoping we get some flirty flirt this season leading up to a reconciliation at some point. 

• Love 1

I feel like Bratva FB allow themselves to have some sexual interaction for OQ. I don't think we'll see a relationship, but I can imagine him sleeping around in Russia depending on how they write the Bratva scenario. But I actually wonder if SA is just putting the kibosh on romance & sex for OQ outside of the chosen couple. He seemed against the sleeping around in s1 and I feel like if he had his way he would keep it out of all seasons of Arrow moving fwd. #Poppy definitely #sucked on a writing & acting perspective, but SA was giving absolutely nothing in those FB scenes. They should have just had a cardboard cut-out and given SA some naptime.

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:41 PM, Velocity23 said:

The majority of scenes in PT were basically to show what a  perfect guy Mr. Terrific is and took place in his lab. He practically took over Felicitys paralysis story with being the savior, the only reason they removed Felicity from the lair was to invent some BS reason to have Curtis find it and be the saviour against Brie. They kept finding out reason why Curtis has to do the hacking. Because apparently Felicity was unable to do it. I honestly dont see how Curtis served Felicity at all. Basically if you have a male body part we will just stick you with Felicity so she can prop you.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:29 AM, Midnight Lullaby said:

To me it looked Felicity was CEO so she could be the link between Curtis and the team. If he didn't work for her how did they get Curtis to be relevant for the story and the team?

She spent more time as CEO bringing Curtis stuff to do on behalf of the team (stuff before Curtis she had zero issues doing herself) than being a CEO. So for me there's little difference between Ray/Felicity and Felicity/Curtis story wise. Then we had to balance that Felicity also having something to do on her own and Curtis not being like Ray, thank God, but the dynamics was the same.

I think they used and introduced Curtis as well as I could have hoped.  He very easily could have crossed that line and turned Felicity's time outside of the team and Oliver a Curtis Island and there were a lot of signs that hinted that was kind of her purpose as CEO but I think they found a balance that kept the island effect from fully happening...but it still COULD happen so I'll be watching that storyline cautiously. 

I'm ok with the distinction of Cisco/Cutis/Ray all designated the builders  and Felicity the programmer/software person when it comes to very complicated techie stuff (though yes I am noting a tendency of guys = makers) but I'm still not ok with Felicity getting thrown under the bus at the beginning of the season for not using the right grounding wires when she did the bunker set up.  ANYTHING related to her computer hardware and its use IMO needs to remain in her expertise area.

So again, watching this stuff cautiously. 

15 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Commissioner definitely makes sense. 

Question, because it wasn't clear to me on the show, did Lance get his job back and he decided he didn't want it? Or not?

I was sure that the intent of the show was definitely to show that Lance was a) right to be "loyal" to Laurel's memory and not deny knowing about her as the BC (even thought that makes no sense) and thus given back his job  and b) that it was HIS choice to walk away in the end. 

That said...

My suspension is no longer a suspension, but, uh, it's funny, you know, because, you know, being a cop's all I ever wanted, but when I got that call, I didn't feel a thing.

While IMO linguistically and logically, that absence of a suspension would mean reverting to the natural unsuspended state rather than a new state that would end his job (and not feeling a thing was no joy in getting his job back)  -  this is the show that had EBR thinking she had filmed a scene where Felicity moved out of the Loft only to find out, nope it was Oliver.  So, lol, I don't think we can be sure of anything. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm still not ok with Felicity getting thrown under the bus at the beginning of the season for not using the right grounding wires when she did the bunker set up.  

I was sure that the intent of the show was definitely to show that Lance was a) right to be "loyal" to Laurel's memory and not deny knowing about her as the BC (even thought that makes no sense) and thus given back his job  and b) that it was HIS choice to walk away in the end. 

You're more than likely right about Lance, but the sentence structure certainly leaves room for interpretation.

I'm not even mad that she was thrown under the bus there, just honestly puzzled over why they did it. It served no purpose when I was convinced it would pay off in some way. It could have been Ray throwing things off by trying to get in touch, Darhk's underground structure causing disturbances or someone purposefully trying to infiltrate the lair, be it DD, the Calculator or someone undisclosed at the point. As it was, it was just left hanging there senselessly. Or maybe that and Barry and Caitling telling Cisco that Felicity was the world's first hacker was tit for tat.

• Love 2
(edited)

Female Recurring. Meltdown in 3..2..1

My only experience with Carly Pope is from an ABC Family movie. She wasn't terrible. Degrees of separation: love interest was Brian Austin Green. 

I am expecting some type of flirtation between her and Oliver. I don't like that potential aspect but who knows.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 4

Actually right now I'm just glad to see a female casting. Also, she was on Popular which I used to love! 

(edited)

Cool. I've always wanted  a more prominent journalist figure on the show, aside from the channel 52 people.

But yeah, I think there's a good chance she might be also that LI we were talking about. No meltdown, just an observation :)

Edited by looptab
words that didn't need to be there!
  • Love 1

I just ventured over to DC Database and it says this about Susan Williams:

A reporter for "Behind the Scenes Magazine", Sue would be assigned to find a story behind Jack Jordan's race to be elected district attourney. Coming to the idea that Jack's youngest brother Jim was really the super-hero known as Green Lantern (little knowing that it was really Jim's older brother Hal) Sue would constantly be badgering Jim to reveal his "secret identity".

So if any of that translates, she's probably gonna hassle Oliver and thinks he's GA, while never getting proof. 

Well they went after a bigger and more talented name for female recurring, so that must mean something. Not overly familiar with her work, having never watched her stuff beyond a few shots - but I've heard great reviews.

A news reporter targeting/profiting off the Queen name, sound very much like some of the quality fan fic I've read. I really think the writers hang out a lot on Ao3 and become heavily influenced. I think a news reporter works better in Arrow than Flash, so I hope she fits in.

• Love 2

I like the idea of a pain in the butt reporter encouraging secret identity hi jinks. I like that it's not a mask. 

I am glad we finally have another female character. It was getting frustrating. 

• Love 4
(edited)

A reporter character definitely implies secret identity hijinks, which is interesting because I remember SA or the EPs saying on several occasions that they don't like dealing with secret identity hijinks. 

I do like the idea of a nosy reporter, though. That's something the show hasn't dealt with before.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3

I wonder if this woman would outright identify herself as a reporter and show up to City Hall to let Oliver know she's working on a story about him or whatever, or if she'd like...I don't know, misrepresent herself as someone who is interested in him personally so they could go out on some dates so she can have receipts for him taking off at the same time the Green Arrow shows up to do his crime fighting or some other such shenanigans. 

10 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

A reporter character definitely implies secret identity hijinks, which is interesting because I remember SA or the EPs saying on several occasions that they don't like dealing with secret identity hijinks. 

Really? Secret hijinks are like one of my fav tropes! I could understand not liking them when it required lying to loved ones. That is always hard to watch in any show, can't imagine it is fun to write especially in a drama. But other than that I say bring the secret hijinks on!

• Love 1

I'm curious about her being based in Coast City. Do they just mention it because that's where the comic character is from? Or is it to introduce Green Lantern down the line? Bravta connection (wasn't there something about a tie in 3x23)?

(edited)

Carly Pope is 35 years old and 5'6" in height. She has a lengthy IMDB resume. I believe this is her twitter account:
https://twitter.com/pope_onarope

I really hope she's not a new love interest for Oliver.  I'd hate it if he went back to his womanizing ways - that would such a regression. When I read the spoiler, I immediately thought of that reporter played by Leslie Bibb in the first Iron Man movie, who slept with Tony Stark.

I'd prefer it if she just turned out to be someone who eventually becomes an ally to Team Arrow - and maybe a back door to a future GL appearance.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1