Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, AyChihuahua said:

So, what he says ends up being meaningless.

Yeah, I have a problem with that too. How am I supposed to know when you actually mean something and when you don't? :/ The fact that his facial expressions give him away is his saving grace, though. Usually we can get a pretty clear picture from that. :)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

It'll never happen, but I'd love some actor to tweet - "Got my script. Absolute garbage. Thumbs down emoji." Mix it up a little*. 

This is what I like to imagine went through the cast's mind when they read the crossover script. :D

• Love 7
(edited)
4 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

It'll never happen, but I'd love some actor to tweet - "Got my script. Absolute garbage. Thumbs down emoji." Mix it up a little*. 

*This is one of a 100 reasons why I am not an actor.

I'd be okay with just a bit less enthusiasm for the stuff they know sucks. It could be a code...one fire emoji=suckfest, two=watchable, 3=good, and 4 fire emojis means that he really does think it's awesome.

My inability to bullshit is part of the reason I can't be an actor OR a politician. I'm far too liable to tell people their crap is stupid.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

I posted the tweet in Spoilers Only. Guys, can we please make sure that upcoming infos get posted there as well? Things are surely bound to pick up in the next few weeks, and stuff gets lost in the conversation.

• Love 5
(edited)

Sorry I forgot. My bad. Mea Culpa. 30 lashes with a wet noodle. Seriously. I rarely bring spoilers here and I kind of forgot that exists. Wasn't trying to screw with anyone's enjoyment of anything. I just plain forgot.

Edited by catrox14
Just now, catrox14 said:

Sorry I forgot. My bad. Mea Culpa. 30 lashes with a wet noodle.

LOL no need for all that. :) Just a humble request before the upcoming new wave :)

• Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

CllXLofWkAEYSi8.jpg

Okay, that's frigging hysterical. I'm now going to be watching Oliver for signs of a semi in the season premiere.

It's most likely a long tracking shot stunt, right?

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

If they really want get back to what made Arrow must-see TV, then this "most vicious oner" MUST be done completely shirtless!

That was my first thought because he has to be really 'ripped' which ordinarily wouldn't matter so much if he's just in his GA suit. 

Shirtless please! My eyes demand to be fan serviced! 

A long, tracking shot of shirtless Oliver carrying Felicity to a wall for ex-sexytimes? But then, they are interrupted and he has to chase and fight bad guys. Shirtless. 

What? It has been too long, people!

• Love 13

My mind was definitely in a dirty place.... this is what happens when you use fire emojis. Thousands of dirty songs about fire and sex run through my head. And I'm just seeing shirtless Oliver ... shirtless ALL the time. I wanna be fan-serviced visually. Please and Thank You :)

However, if dirty oners are OQ/SA's new nervous tick, I saw bring them on. Every TV show needs a little oner every now and then, although bigger oners are probably more satisfying for some ;)

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

How was Chad Coleman in The Wire? I never watched it. I didn't care for his character in TWD, but that was, I think, despite his performance, not bc of it. I found his character far too passive for the circumstances.

I've never watched TWD, but I really liked Coleman in The Wire. He played a former gang member that was trying to rebuild his life after getting out of jail, and I thought he evoked a lot of sympathy as someone that struggled to keep from falling into old habits and tried to change his old neighborhood for the better. (Everyone was great in The Wire; I highly recommend it, if you've got Amazon Prime) I'm really hoping they'll let him be something more nuanced than just another mustache-twirling Big Bad.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Side note: The best continuous shot I have ever seen done on television was from a Canadian show called "19-2". It went a full 13 minutes, and it was amazing. Warning, it is about a school shooting but it's heart stopping and probably one of the (in the worst way) best school shooting episodes a television series has ever done IMO. You can watch it here (absolutely no knowledge of the show is necessary as I have only ever watched this scene). 

I really hope Bamford isn't directing the first episode, but he probably will be (wasn't there a tweet about him earlier?). I also don't think 21 days is enough time for Amell to get back into the best shape he's ever been in. But as long as he doesn't look like a used car salesman from New Jersey I guess? 

• Love 2

I just hope whatever it is, it's better than that long continuous shot they did of Thea's stunt scene that was way overrated.

I also wonder if the continuous scene is going to be in flashback, since I can't imagine there are many reasons to have a shirtless Mayor and as much as I would love a training sequence, how long can those oners really go in a small set like the lair?

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

I really hope Bamford isn't directing the first episode, but he probably will be (wasn't there a tweet about him earlier?). I also don't think 21 days is enough time for Amell to get back into the best shape he's ever been in. But as long as he doesn't look like a used car salesman from New Jersey I guess? 

From what I can tell, he's remained fairly hot/in-shape this hiatus. For that I give thanks to TMNT2.

ONLY for that.

27 minutes ago, kismet said:

I just hope whatever it is, it's better than that long continuous shot they did of Thea's stunt scene that was way overrated.

I also wonder if the continuous scene is going to be in flashback, since I can't imagine there are many reasons to have a shirtless Mayor and as much as I would love a training sequence, how long can those oners really go in a small set like the lair?

Bratva flashback in the premiere?

I thought that scene was well-done from a stunt perspective, but totally meaningless. I mean Thea and some dude she's never met before fighting is THE big setpiece of the episode? ZERO emotional stakes.

• Love 3

Amell was live and said that Bamford is directing 5x01 and 5x02 (apparently they are doing a 'crossboard'?). 

So yaaaaayyy!! Bamford is doing the 'oner'!!! #sarcasm. 

1 minute ago, AyChihuahua said:

From what I can tell, he's remained fairly hot/in-shape this hiatus. For that I give thanks to TMNT2.

ONLY for that.

He said on the live video that he hasn't worked out since April, and has lost 20 pounds of muscle. So jury could still be out??  

We are also getting a new Arrow suit/a modified version. Please can it have sleeves? 

• Love 1

I bet he's exaggerating, but if he's not, that's fairly stupid. Instead of stopping completely on hiatus he should just cut back. Maybe he means Arrow-style workout? I mean I would hope he's still been jogging and doing pushups or whatever. Even I do that much and I loathe exercise.

Hey, at least he doesn't have a gut (it seems) this hiatus. Baby steps!

• Love 2
(edited)

501 is about legacy. Oh yay. As if 419 onwards wasn't filled with enough BC Saint Laurel bullshit, we're gonna see it continued. *pukes*

Edited by Guest

The idea of Black Canary and what it means/embodies is something that will be examined in season five

(From the Spoilers thread)

What is this?  Why?  Unless it means Sara picking up the mantle, I don't know why they're continuing to beat this horse.  

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

@HighHopes Oh. My .Gods. That scene was almost too difficult to watch. Amazing shot. I grew up in Colorado and all I could think about was the Columbine massacre. Did that scene win any awards?

I'm not sure, so I looked it up. That episode won a Best Direction in a Dramatic Series and Best Drama Series, at the Canadian Screen Awards, and was nominated for Best Editing (along with acting noms). The show was also nominated for Best Direction and Best Drama Series for a Directors Guild of Canada. 

(The show has been nominated for a lot actually, so it seems like a worthwhile show to check out). 

Edited by HighHopes
extra words....
  • Love 3

Maybe if they had paid attention to her character for 4 years we wouldn't need the cliffnotes version of whatever we were supposed to learn about her character. A little too much, way to late. That poor horse and my poor viewing experience.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

(From the Spoilers thread)

What is this?  Why?  Unless it means Sara picking up the mantle, I don't know why they're continuing to beat this horse.  

@apinknightmare, we need the gif. Haha.

But yes, to all of this. Enough. I knew they'd mention her sometimes because she was a character on this show but come on. Stop making her more than what she was. 

"The idea of BC and what it means" kind of makes sense with all the new untrained, reckless, wannabe vigilantes being announced. Now that Oliver is mayor and has to represent the establishment, he's on the flip side of where he's spent the last 4 years. It would be funny if Oliver put up the BC statue to honor her and it ends up inspiring the newbies, who get in his way and are thorns in his side like LL was in season 3.

• Love 8

Apparently we're also seeing someone in 501 that we haven't seen in 2 seasons. I hope it's Anatoly! 

@lemotomato it is funny, until I remember that I actually have to watch it. It was bad enough in s3 when I care marginally for LL. Unless they managed to cast them well, which is still unknown. I say line the newbies up for slaughter or relocation and then we can get back to telling Arrow's story. I have zero tolerance for the Hero's journey for any cast member (recurring or regular) that was not present in s1/2.

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Apparently we're also seeing someone in 501 that we haven't seen in 2 seasons. I hope it's Anatoly! 

Me too! Or someone said Walter on Twitter, but I think Anatoly makes more sense. It seems like I might be wanting to watch more of the Flashbacks then the actual show in s5. Fingers crossed the writing does not suck.

• Love 5

Greatest oner ever: Russian Ark, a single, continuous, 96 minute shot through 33 rooms of the Hermitage Museum with characters popping in and out.

I got kinda bored.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

"The idea of BC and what it means" kind of makes sense with all the new untrained, reckless, wannabe vigilantes being announced. Now that Oliver is mayor and has to represent the establishment, he's on the flip side of where he's spent the last 4 years. It would be funny if Oliver put up the BC statue to honor her and it ends up inspiring the newbies, who get in his way and are thorns in his side like LL was in season 3.

I agree, but I feel like we already did that, in S4, after she croaked. I hated it, but it was appropriate. Why are they STILL doing it? 

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

image.gif

Thank you! Is it weird that I've missed it? Haha.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

I suppose I have to accept that TIIC will never acknowledge the Laurel I saw on screen is not the Laurel they keep saying happened. So, I'm going to pretend everything they say about BC from here on out is referencing Sara Lance. Clearly, MG needs to tell me how to watch the show because I'm not doing it right.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 8

I wish Bamford would stop trying to break records and focus on telling a good story.  Directing is not a sport.  I was excited about impressive, shirtless Oliver, but back-to-back BamBam has dampened my enthusiasm considerably.

Please don't tell me that BC statue is actually going up life size!  First, I find it very ugly.  Second... Mayor Oliver, your city is recovering from the fourth major terrorist attack in as many years.  Maybe spending cash on a GOLD statue of your criminal ex-girlfriend is NOT the way to rejuvenate and improve the city?

• Love 14
35 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I suppose I have to accept that TIIC will never acknowledge the Laurel I saw on screen is not the Laurel they keep saying happened. So, I'm going to pretend everything they say about BC from here on out is referencing Sara Lance. Clearly, MG needs to tell me how to watch the show because I'm not doing it right.

new head!canon accepted.