Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm also thinking/hoping that Thea kills Malcolm in 423 but, sadly that's probably a long shot

Since JB seemed excited about coming back for s5, I feel it might be a long shot too, but they definitely set up a rematch between Thea and Malcolm, which I'll be excited to see. Honestly near the beginning of this season I just felt that Thea would kill Malcolm at 423 to really drive this family theme, like blood family vs. found family, for s4 home. 

Don't they shoot the island scenes on an island?  Or since they say "returning", maybe it doubles for the woodland part of Lian Yu.

I just feel like the title wouldn't refer to something that only happens at the end of the episode, if it is referencing a schism in the team that separates them in the hiatus. It can additionally refer to it, like how Sacrifice could also refer to Tommy's death or how Unthinkable was also used to refer to Felicity's thoughts of the possibility of them being a thing or how they did the intro monologue right at the end of 323, but the I feel like the title has to predominantly refer to something else.

They often use the title of the final episode to refer to multiple characters.  Sacrifice also applied to Quentin, joining forces with a guy he hates to risk his life to defuse the bomb, Felicity staying the in the Arrow cave to help him defuse it, Diggle getting hurt helping Oliver, Moira willing to go to jail by coming clean so people can be saved. They probably also thought Laurel was sacrificing by going to CNRI to save all that paperwork.

As well as Oliver using Felicity as bait and Felicity thinking him loving her were Unthinkable, Sara returned to the LoA with the blessings of her father and sister, and Thea left with Malcolm, the guy she had referred to as a mass murdered and her psycho dad.

• Love 3

Yeah, S3 broke the pattern but the season finale and a few other episodes usually refer to more than one character.

Wild Ass Guess

But for Oliver Schism could be, between GA and Mayor Queen. Which actually brings up a huge question. They made a point in 418 about LL can't take the DA job and be BC. How is Oliver supposed to do both?

Wasn't a major issue the fact that she be followed by bodyguards all the time? Or am I making this up? Of course realistically Oliver would face much of the same issues, but I can see the show handwaving it with Dig as his bodyguard as he was during his campaign.

• Love 3
(edited)

Lance told LL that she couldn't do the DA job and be BC because Ruve was going to put security detail on her 24/7.  Ever since HIVE had DA Bray killed, the district attorney has 24/7 protection.  LL said that she would waive it, but Lance insisted that Ruve wouldn't let that happen.  Oliver, being mayor, would have the option to forego any security detail since he is the boss, so I don't think he would have the same issue.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 3

It was mentioned by Quentin that she'd have a security detail 24/7 which also makes no sense. She's a County/District DA she's not the President of the US.

I mean, i guess the argument could be made that Mayor Oliver would just make Diggle his Head of Security and that settles that. Of course that brings up the public figure/reporters

Oh who am i kidding like this show will even care

• Love 1

Also, hopefully with DD and Ruve gone, the mayor wouldn't need 24/7 protection. That's why Oliver ran for mayor in the first place, because he could defend himself unlike the previous mayors and mayoral candidates.

(edited)

Why didn't Oliver just get back to being the candidate. Aren't there polls to show that voters would still vote for you even if you did the flip-flopping? I mean, they did say that people still wrote his name on the ballot. So why did nobody tell him that he could still get back into the game? Also, who would vote for a woman whose husband is currently in prison? 

Edited by Belinea

Why didn't Oliver just get back to being the candidate. Aren't their polls to show that voters would still vote for you even if you did the flip-flopping? I mean, they did say that people still wrote his name on the ballot. So why did nobody tell him that he could still get back into the game? Also, who would vote for a woman whose husband is currently in prison? 

Diggle had encouraged Oliver to jump back into the race, but he refused saying that no one likes a flip flopper.

No one knows Ruve's husband is DD because she uses a fake identity.  As far as the public knows, she is unmarried.  Team Arrow cannot find proof to show otherwise because DD has no paper trail regarding his identity either.

• Love 1

The public doesn't know she's DD's wife. It's still odd that they'd vote for somebody completely unknown. Dig or Thea told Oliver to get back in the race, but he wrote it off with the 'voters don't like flipfloppers' excuse.

• Love 1

Diggle had encouraged Oliver to jump back into the race, but he refused saying that no one likes a flip flopper.

No one knows Ruve's husband is DD because she uses a fake identity.

I know, but still, doesn't anyone ask the candidate about her life or expose her somehow.

The whole mayoral storyline up to this point doesn't work as well for me as I thought it could. Oliver didn't even try after BM drama.

Maybe he will step in at some point like you guys said and then the storyline will be clearer...

Well this was a special election.  Theoretically Oliver could have been thinking he would run against her at the first regular election and he didn't jump back in because he couldn't explain why he dropped out and endorsed her to begin with - ie William.  If it ever crossed his mind to run again later - not jumping back in probably was the best move.

I think he didn't go back in for plot purposes, probably to set up the finale.  He could have said that his family was threatened and that's why he dropped out.  It's believable -- the previous candidate for mayor dropped out when her daughter was kidnapped and there's been a long line of mayors murdered before her.  Then he could have said the threat was taken care of and rejoined.

By not running, he basically left Star City in the evil hands of Ruve Darhk.

• Love 2

I think Oliver didn't go back to the election so they could set up the 48% write-in votes thingy that'll give him the office once Mrs Evil is dealt with. He would have won if he were running, and the narrative needed him to lose now. Because it's not May Sweeps yet.

• Love 7

Yes, stupidity for plot purposes. It must be almost May.

Those 48% must really have disliked Ruve. I can see why they would like Oliver but to take the energy to write his name in when he had withdrawn suggests they really didn't want her to be mayor.

Is "write-in" an American thing? I don't think I've ever seen it on one of my ballots. (Or maybe I have and I didn't notice.)

I am hearing Vinnie Jones and the guy who played Felicitys boyfriend at MIT were spotted in Vancouver filming. Also Barrowman followed Nolan (who played Cooper Seldon).

Were those guys in the prison that just got busted open? Perhaps all the criminals get out and come gunning for Arrow? 

• Love 1

Did Brick kill Malcolm Merlyn's wife?

The last few episodes could be pretty chaotic with 50 inmates escaping.  DD letting all the criminals roam free to distract Team Arrow while he moves forward with his HIVE plans, and Malcolm maybe rounding up the criminals and assassins to join his league of villains.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 3

In regards to Canadagraph and his posts:  For a "supposed professional autograph/photograph" hound he really is childish. Okay you don't like Felicity but to stoop so low as to misspell the name just really makes him look well for lack of a better word stupid. He has no problem trying to make a buck and draw attention to himself by talking and posting about Felicity but yet he can't show respect to the person or character that is helping to keep him relevant, oh well!

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 3

Yes, I think Brick was the one who killed Rebecca.  MM killed someone else thinking it was him but it was really Brick.

Not sure how I feel about Malcolm being the Big Bad for yet another season.  He was for s1, and I'd argue s3 and even somewhat in s4.

• Love 3

From 418:
Oliver: "What happened with Darhk?”
Thea: “He's in the wind along with 50 or so inmates.”

Diggle: “And Andy..."

50 Noah Kuttler (The Calculator)

49 Danny Brickwell (Brick)

48 Cooper Seldon (Brother Eye)

47 Brie Larvan (Bug-Eyed Bandit)

46 Carrie Cutter (Cupid)

45 ...?

BTW, what happened to Lonnie Machin (Anarky)? I don't remember.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From 418:

Oliver: "What happened with Darhk?”

Thea: “He's in the wind along with 50 or so inmates.”

Diggle: “And Andy..."

50 Noah Kuttler (The Calculator)

49 Danny Brickwell (Brick)

48 Cooper Seldon (Brother Eye)

47 Brie Larvan (Bug-Eyed Bandit)

46 Carrie Cutter (Cupid)

45 ...?

BTW, what happened to Lonnie Machin (Anarky)? I don't remember.

Brie is in a coma, sister ain't walking anywhere, except in her head.

• Love 1

Ok they send all of their prisoners to Iron Heights? That's worse then locking up all the lonnies in Arkham and waiting for them to breakout.

Sounds like they might borrow heavily from the Cataclysm and No Man's Land storyline. Which is kind of depressing, if the season ends in a semi-cliffhanger and it's implied that Star City is going to be under siege until October.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Does the show really need them all back...?! Isn't the two villains storyline enough? I don't know if I really need a cliffhanger this season. The season for me was depressing enough. And I really don't care for a cliffhanger dealing with Felicity's weird ex-boyfriend.

Not sure how I feel about Malcolm being the Big Bad for yet another season.  He was for s1, and I'd argue s3 and even somewhat in s4.

I think Malcolm is the cockroach of the villain world - he never dies and just keeps on creepin'

• Love 7

Actually, that "No Man's Land" storyline sounds kinda interesting. If Star City is largely evacuated, they won't have to deal with or pay a bunch of extras.  It would be guerrilla warfare between Team Arrow and a lot of criminals.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

The problem is that not only would it be another Batman ripoff in a season that started out with promises that the show was going to be lighter and draw more from GA comics (the sleeveless suit, Star City, Oliver's mayoral run) but it's a really obvious Batman ripoff, even for people that don't follow comics, because The Dark Knight Rises was based on those two storylines.

Edited by lemotomato

I think it's been kind of obvious from the beginning that our creatives wanted a Batman series but was given a a character who could carry batman stories. I personally don't care where the source material comes from-it's how it's done on screen. Which is why I didn't like what was happening with Ra's-not that it was a Batman story. 

• Love 7

I think it's been kind of obvious from the beginning that our creatives wanted a Batman series but was given a a character who could carry batman stories. I personally don't care where the source material comes from-it's how it's done on screen. Which is why I didn't like what was happening with Ra's-not that it was a Batman story.

Me too. It might also be because I've never been a big GA fan so an adaptation too close to those comics probably wouldn't have been my jam.

• Love 1

Did Brick kill Malcolm Merlyn's wife?

He did. It was his first kill, but he couldn't remember her when Malcolm confronted him. All he came up with was that she was weak.

• Love 1

Sounds like they might borrow heavily from the Cataclysm and No Man's Land storyline. Which is kind of depressing, if the season ends in a semi-cliffhanger and it's implied that Star City is going to be under siege until October.

From the No Man's Land story summary I found this particular section interesting.  Note the highlighted word. 

Batman and the police work separately to reclaim Gotham, piece by piece, by battling and subduing the gang leaders and then marking the reclaimed territory with graffiti. However, a schism erupts between Gordon and SWAT Lieutenant William Petit, whose militaristic, take-no-prisoners methods shock and outrage Gordon; the Blue Boys subsequently break into two separate factions, with most of Petit's officers siding with him to form the Strong Men.

Instead of the Earthquake that hit Gotham, I wonder if Star City's disaster will be the Flood.  And perhaps one of the Schisms in 4-23 will be between Lance and Pike at the SCPD.  Perhaps the team choses sides as well. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

Ooh maybe Cooper returns to be Felicity's first kill! Maybe my Scenario of Oliver Diggle Felicity and Thea facing off in the season finale against their own personal villains comes true. Well add Quentin in there as well. Oliver/Quentin vs DD. Diggle vs Andy, Thea vs Malcolm or Anarky and Felicity vs Cooper and Maybe An Awake Brie

• Love 2

All the remaining titles of episodes.  (I know I couldn't remember which was which)

4-19 Canary Cry
4-20 Genesis
4-21 Monument Point
4-22 Lost in the Flood
4-23 Schism

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

EBR's three-word description of the rest of the season is really giving me season 1 finale feels. To which I say, bring it. Also, what if this flood (real or metaphorical) hit the afluent part of town for once? Will the people from the Glades rally to help or just laugh themselves silly over this twist?

• Love 2

EBR's three-word description of the rest of the season is really giving me season 1 finale feels. To which I say, bring it. Also, what if this flood (real or metaphorical) hit the afluent part of town for once? Will the people from the Glades rally to help or just laugh themselves silly over this twist?

What was her three word description?  I can't seem to find it. 

Oh yeah, the town is going to be a disaster area.  No Man's Land is looking really likely.  Wonder if some of the team will be locked in the city and some locked out.  Also, I assume this is the really different direction they are taking the show. 

The stock for Palmer Tech is going to plummet. 

The stock for Palmer Tech is going to plummet.

Maybe that's how Smoak Industries comes to be?

I really like the idea about the team being physically separated by the destruction. Not in a yay! sort of way, but it could be really interesting, with people helping from inside and out.

• Love 4