Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

IIRC, one of the postmortem interviews indicated or hinted that Quentin would not turn to alcohol again because he'll come to rely on Team Arrow as his "family". Therefore, he could develop a fatherly concern for all of the younger members of the team (not just Felicity).

Is that when we are shown Quentin taking care of the Queens after Moira died? ;)

Her death deactivates the curse, so anyone can say it now.

But if you say it three times in front of the mirror she comes back to haunt you, so don't do that.

Still, I'd rather our characters avoided that for a while, at least. Until we know it's safe. Hey, maybe that's the way they can defeat Vandal Savage on Legends?

I wouldn't dream of saying it, don't worry :)

• Love 4
(edited)

Also, I am about as certain as can be that Felicity will not become the new Black Canary.  In addition to the fact that MG has said that Felicity will not wear a mask, it would not be an organic development for either the show or her character.  As Oliver said, her superpower is her brain.  Two other reasons... One, she barely has basic self-defense training and I doubt the EPs are eager to do another Insta-Canary journey toward becoming a badass physical fighter.  Two, next season will likely see Curtis turn into Mr. Terrific, who is a superhero with both brains and physical fighting skills.  So they're not going to do the same thing with Felicity.  That would be repetitive.  (I just wish they would show that Felicity is a better hacker than Curtis, so that she has one thing that's her own.)

The EPs talked about "legacy".  Someone will be inspired by Black Canary's death to carry on her mission fighting crime in Star City.  She'll probably turn out to be a homeless, orphaned teen (another Sin character), who Nyssa might then take under her wing.  Hence, Madison McLaughlin's description as possibly recurring - just like Katrina Law's Nyssa is a recurring role (KL has another tv show now, so her return next season is doubtful).  The door is then left open for MM's character to return in the future, after having received the benefit of Nyssa's training, but she won't be the Black Canary either.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Is that when we are shown Quentin taking care of the Queens after Moira died? ;)

Thought of the same thing. Hey, maybe Thea time travels as well and she confused deaths.

• Love 2

It's either that, or SA's usual "stare into space/eye-contact is for losers".

"Eye contact is for losers" made me LOL. That's MOSTLY from prior seasons/every single interaction with Laurel in every season, though, right?

(edited)

"Eye contact is for losers" made me LOL. That's MOSTLY from prior seasons/every single interaction with Laurel in every season, though, right?

Eh, he still does it sometimes. But true, with Laurel it's pretty much every single time :)

maybe Thea time travels as well and she confused deaths.

I had missed this! Yeah, Thea is not right in the head (I love her) but the time travel thing is interesting ;)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

I am really curious to see who the younger actress is going to be because I have a feeling she will be connect to the whole BC thing. I don't know why but maybe she will fit some role that might appease some fans...Who knows. All I know is that 3 weeks to wait is once again no way to gain momentum. 

Teehee. 

I am really curious to see who the younger actress is going to be because I have a feeling she will be connect to the whole BC thing. I don't know why but maybe she will fit some role that might appease some fans...Who knows. All I know is that 3 weeks to wait is once again no way to gain momentum. 

Wasn't the actress signed on with the possibility for more episodes next season? I vaguely remember reading something about that. So it wouldn't surprise me if she gets taken away to train with Nyssa or something. IDK. 

And yeah, this 3 week break is not going to help anyone. Not fans, not ratings. Nothing. CW, quit playing.

• Love 3

I told you guys not to say the death curse three times in front of the mirror. Now you're troll again.

I don't want to be troll. Trolls have bad hair.

I would love for them to kill her on The Flash, too. (1) hilarious; (2) shut that line of thinking down right quick; and (3) no more KREISBERG LOVES HER AND WOULD WRITE HER SO WELL LET'S GET HER ON FLASH.

• Love 6

Gotta be more sure than the level of sure we were when we were sure that Arrow would never kill off Laurel.

I mean, I guess if it's repeated often enough it becomes true?

In that case: "I'm a millionaire; I'm a millionaire; I'm a millionaire..."

• Love 7
(edited)

I do not know if you remember, but after we were sure of the death of laurel, I was the first to say that Laurel had a double in the earth  2. Everyone here made fun of me, saying that this would never happened or I was right

Edited by spartan
(edited)

I do not know if you remember, but after we were sure of the death of laurel, I was the first to say that Laurel had a double in the earth  2. Everyone here made fun of me, saying that this would never happened or I was right

Actually I think plenty of people expected Laurel to have an E2 double. Basically everyone on E1 so far has had an E2 double. The disconnect is your thought that said double will appear at all regularly on either The Flash or Arrow. That seems pretty clearly to be a non-starter.

As an aside, I don't necessarily think this is trolling. I think it's sincerely held beliefs and, especially, wishes.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 5
(edited)

I'm legit impressed they seem to be going after every possible way to circumvent this death, and writing those story beats across the 3 shows. Like, I think this is actually brilliant.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 11

I'm legit impressed they seem to be going after every possible way to circumvent this death, and writing those story beats across the 3 shows. Like, I think this is actually brilliant.

So you think they'll make her evil and/or kill her on The Flash?

Now, did you ever think you would say that again about these writers?? The truth!!

• Love 1

I have to admit it's kind of impressive to see how much they're trying to hammer home the THIS DEATH IS FOR REALZ !  I guess that's what happens when you're constantly bringing characters back to life, faking deaths, using alternate timelines etc.  People aren't really going to believe that Death has any meaning (looking at you Supernatural).  So if you really, really, want to reset that back to Death has Consequences  then you need to make the effort to answer every possible situation.  

Let's use the LP to bring Laurel back...oh sorry that was destroyed

Let's find another LP, oh sorry there are no others...plus you really want another daughter with blood lust?  would Laurel really want that?

There's AU  Laurel's let's just bring one over like Wells...oh no E2 Laurel is evil (and probably dead by end of 222).

There's timetravel let's have Sara timetravel to save Laurel!  I'm guessing this will be a no because of some reason, not sure what just yet.

• Love 10

I mean, I guess if it's repeated often enough it becomes true?

In that case: "I'm a millionaire; I'm a millionaire; I'm a millionaire..."

Did it work? 

I'm thinking with Sara they will just go with she found out too late and it was cemented in time or death was meant to happen for something else to happen. 

• Love 2

Exactly. They made it impossible for the audience to trust a character is dead. But even more so, the characters also doubt it, hence Lance next ep wanting Nyssa to bring Laurel back. If they are gonna use Laurel's death to show the characters AND the audience that death is a big deal again, they gotta deal with all of that stuff.

So you think they'll make her evil and/or kill her on The Flash?

Probably. But I hope the point they're trying to make here is that people aren't replaceable, even if they happen to have a doppelgänger.

Now, did you ever think you would say that again about these writers?? The truth!!

Haha, well, it's a brilliant idea, but I reserve the right to mock the execution if they screw it up. :)

• Love 4

I really hope they explain it in a way that no one can question it.

Did she fake her death? Nope, open casket at the funeral.

Lazarus Pits? Nope, no more LP's exist or no one is willing to risk it again after what happened with Thea and Sara. 

Earth 2 Laurel? Nope, Black Siren gets killed by Zoom or someone else.

Sara and Time Travel? Nope. Laurel's death is a fixed point in time and cannot be changed.

• Love 7

Even if they don't want to twist the knife and kill Black Siren on The Flash, I suspect she'll either be banished back to her world or imprisoned in STAR Labs completely inhumane prison. They aren't going to spend any time rehabbing the character or integrating her into any of the three shows. 

(edited)

CR posted a photo of herself and PB. I think it's new, so I'm guessing it's from the table read. Meaning Donna is in the finale. If she is, signs really point to her finding out. If not about Oliver's secret identity, then at least about Felicity's involvement. I really don't see the need for her character to be in the finale otherwise. Or Lance decides to grab the bull by the horns and they get hitched before Oliver and Felicity. He suffered a loss of a child more time than the number of children he has, he's got a weak heart and it's the "it must be May" portion of the year.

https://twitter.com/charlotteross/status/718480954390552576

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 1

I'm thinking back to the spec we all had about someone crossing between all three shows like back in the true hiatus....and Laurel (KC) was mentioned. Little did we know it would be via death, a different character, and really most sincerely dead different character. Heh.

People aren't really going to believe that Death has any meaning (looking at you Supernatural).

HEY! To be fair, that is a supernatural show so it's kind of expected. Wait did you mean death or Death?

• Love 2
(edited)

HEY! To be fair, that is a supernatural show so it's kind of expected. Wait did you mean death or Death?

No that's the one character that should have been DEATH free and somehow they actually managed to kill him. LOL

I love SPN and truth be told other than Sam/Dean they do kill and keep characters dead (eventually). It's just easy to poke fun at SPN because they abuse the whole coming back from the dead thing

(Rowena? Seriously why did they have to bring back Rowena?!)

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I'm thinking back to the spec we all had about someone crossing between all three shows like back in the true hiatus

The floater thing was mentioned but I felt like they never really picked up on it. There isn't one character that truly exists just to jump between all shows. 

One thing I am willing to believe is that Earth 2 Laurel is different from Earth 1 Laurel. Otherwise what would be the point. Other stuff I've read, I am not so sure about. I doubt E2 will come on to Arrow to meet Oliver. Why? I think it is obvious that he moved on from Laurel even if he is devastated that his friend has died. 

And I am 100% Felicity won't be BC. I read some people are really upset thinking it is Felicity in the promo shot of the person who looks like BC. 

And the weirdest thing I have read today is people freaking out that on LoT Ray has a brother and that brother (apparently) knocks up Felicity. Now I don't watch LoT but I am not sure who came up with this scenario nor who is freaking out about it. But I have read it.

I choose to believe that it is time for the season to come to an end so that everyone can take a deep breath. 

A few random thoughts

1.  S-1 radioactive encounter with views from street level and then next we see Oliver woken from sleepover.  The kiss previewed and the pic exchange could have happened between the the two in the same day/night.  The aftertalk...

2.  I am thinking Andy is neither dead or alive in that he gave his life force to DD to upcharge the idol magic (fits with the whole DNA thing that baffled Ray Palmer (a stand in for "science" and the whole ghost tag)

3.  The promise could be not to blame himself for everything or take care of dad, either or both combined would be reasonable to ask without knowing you are dying.

4.  The "you  can't come back from crossing the line" bit in the promo preview is the threat for Diggle and how he responds to try to right a wrong.

As the show stands right now, Team Arrow faces a villian with the demonstrated power to kill any of them at any moment and they have nothing to fight back against it yet.  The threat is real.  Murmur on the streets again, DD, other escapees, and Malcolm all as threats.  Malcolm is being portrayed as the one who got just how serious the threat from DD could be all along.  Good stuff to finish the season.

(edited)

A few random thoughts

1. S-1 radioactive encounter with views from street level and then next we see Oliver woken from sleepover. The kiss previewed and the pic exchange could have happened between the the two in the same day/night. The aftertalk...

There was no aftertalk. That's part of the follow-up scene where Laurel shows up at the Mansion looking for Oliver. I don't remember if it was stated outright or hinted at but, I got the impression that it went sex, sleep, Oliver leaves middle of night, Laurel shows up feeling insecure. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

CR posted a photo of herself and PB. I think it's new, so I'm guessing it's from the table read. Meaning Donna is in the finale. If she is, signs really point to her finding out. If not about Oliver's secret identity, then at least about Felicity's involvement. I really don't see the need for her character to be in the finale otherwise. Or Lance decides to grab the bull by the horns and they get hitched before Oliver and Felicity. He suffered a loss of a child more time than the number of children he has, he's got a weak heart and it's the "it must be May" portion of the year.

https://twitter.com/charlotteross/status/718480954390552576

She posted a similar picture on Instagram (more full on kissing his cheek and PB looking even more like the cat that ate the canary) The caption on that one is "You had me at hello." 

The floater thing was mentioned but I felt like they never really picked up on it. There isn't one character that truly exists just to jump between all shows. 

One thing I am willing to believe is that Earth 2 Laurel is different from Earth 1 Laurel. Otherwise what would be the point. Other stuff I've read, I am not so sure about. I doubt E2 will come on to Arrow to meet Oliver. Why? I think it is obvious that he moved on from Laurel even if he is devastated that his friend has died. 

And I am 100% Felicity won't be BC. I read some people are really upset thinking it is Felicity in the promo shot of the person who looks like BC. 

And the weirdest thing I have read today is people freaking out that on LoT Ray has a brother and that brother (apparently) knocks up Felicity. Now I don't watch LoT but I am not sure who came up with this scenario nor who is freaking out about it. But I have read it.

I choose to believe that it is time for the season to come to an end so that everyone can take a deep breath. 

Oh good grief.  The internet is the craziest game of telephone.  I did a write up in the Mind Your Surrounding thread this morning kind of recapping the relevant storyline.  The very short version is Ray thought he had a mystery child he'd left behind but turned out it was his brother's kids and NOTHING implied Felicity at all.  Just that if she's hired Ray's brother then he could have got his hands on the specs for his ATOM suit. 

There was no aftertalk. That's part of the follow-up scene where Laurel shows up at the Mansion looking for Oliver. I don't remember if it was stated outright or hinted at but, I got the impression that it went sex, sleep, Oliver leaves middle of night, Laurel shows up feeling insecure.

When has Laurel ever let Oliver do anything without "talk"?  She could still be insecure after waking up to him gone without a goodbye.  Anyway, they have some loose end or story bit they feel the need to include so hopefully it will all get resolved in 3-19.  The real injustice to Laurel's character dying would be if it leaves the show stuck in the past.