Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Since he posted that pic of Oliver passed out on the floor, my only other guess is hallucinations courtesy of 3-D and his magic printer.

Who would’ve thought 3D printed drugs were so lethal! ?

Oh god, I forgot about William for a while there. LMAO. Yeah, that's a no from me, too. No more William is kidnapped storylines. I'm done!

20 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So SA posted this which okay cute, but there's a woman bleeding in the background. Is that supposed to be Raisa maybe?

I can’t believe Mr No Spoilers inadvertently tweeted something so spoilery. And it’s still up! On the plus side, now I’m even more convinced this ep is all dreams/hallucinations because i can’t imagine they’d do another William-in-peril plot again so soon. And I’d be surprised if they killed off Raisa, because she’s the easiest way for the writers to explain who is taking care of William when he’s not onscreen. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I can’t believe Mr No Spoilers inadvertently tweeted something so spoilery. And it’s still up! On the plus side, now I’m even more convinced this ep is all dreams/hallucinations because i can’t imagine they’d do another William-in-peril plot again so soon. And I’d be surprised if they killed off Raisa, because she’s the easiest way for the writers to explain who is taking care of William when he’s not onscreen. 

He was either so focused on his kid that he didn't notice what/who else was in the shot OR he knew full well what he was doing and he wants people to speculate. And if it's the latter I doubt very much Raisa dies because he hates spoilers so I'm definitely leaning more towards hallucination. 

3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I don’t even get that tweet.  Even if it’s a hallucination it’s still a spoiler. Technically all of his BTS shots from this ep could be considered spoilery...

Yeah - Raisa (I'm guessing that's her) is bleeding in this ep. We don't need the context for it for it to be a spoiler, LOL.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Anyway what’s up with all this tweeting? I thought SA hated twitter. ??

Apparently he hates Instagram more.

I think today is the final day for 618 or maybe that was Friday...I hate not having the script covers.

Edited by Morrigan2575
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Hold up, what if the actual spoiler here is Vertigo? As in Count Vertigo? Too bad the first one is dead.

I think it just means he's going to get drugged again and go on tripping and seeing people in visions again.

But since Earth Whatever doppelgangers are a thing now, I'm all for an Earth-Whatever Vertigo played by Seth Gabel. His show was canceled and I don't know if he's got another gig. 

• Love 6

It doesn't make sense to bring back another drug dealer when the alleged ~mastermind of the season is already a drug dealer. If Vertigo the drug is making a comeback, I'd guess it's 3-Dragon printing up a special batch, unless he recruits Zytle to be a part of his group of lackeys who are apparently too stupid to realize they're following a moron. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I just figured the Dragon dude was making different drugs and Vertigo is making a comeback, not the actual Count Vertigo. 

I still can't believe Dragon is the "main" bad guy this season because I look at him/think of his scenes and I just laugh. Hehe. 

Edited by Guest
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

But since Earth Whatever doppelgangers are a thing now, I'm all for an Earth-Whatever Vertigo played by Seth Gabel. His show was canceled and I don't know if he's got another gig. 

If only! To this day, I still crack up just from the way he says Oliver's name when he's trying to lure him to save Felicity. Seth Gabel's performance was so fun. I'd love to have him back.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

If only! To this day, I still crack up just from the way he says Oliver's name when he's trying to lure him to save Felicity. Seth Gabel's performance was so fun. I'd love to have him back.

I didn't like him in the first appearance but he was so good in State v Queen (which is one of my top 5 fave eps ever)  that I don't care how he comes back. I've always had the notion that Malcolm gathered him up and took him to the Lazarus Pit and he's just be hanging out in Nanda Parbat learning out to be an assassin.

• Love 3

Did anyone else wonder what the Count's accent was? In 207 he sometimes sounded British and then other times he didn't, it was so weird. Haha.

Hmmm. I wonder if he means that based on all of Season 4, or just a particular episode. It kind of makes me want to go back and watch Season 4, even though that season gave me so much anxiety.

Season 4 is the one focusing on the kids in school, right? That one broke my heart.

Here's the summary of what happened to McNulty in season 4:

Season four[edit]

McNulty's moves in with Russell and her two children, and enjoys his life as a patrolman in the Western District under Ellis Carver. His beat includes the corner that Bodie works on behalf of drug kingpin Marlo Stanfield. Both Daniels and Administrative Lieutenant Dennis Mello ask McNulty to do investigative work in the district, but he declines. Mello is disappointed but Daniels realizes that McNulty has been able to get his life in order while working as a patrolman. Though other officers make arrests for statistical purposes, McNulty focuses on quality arrests. This is exemplified by the arrest of two burglars who were stealing from churches.

McNulty mentors Brian Baker, a younger patrol officer in the Western, whom he and Bunk end up referring to as "good police." He also significantly reduces his drinking, sometimes resolving to stay sober despite pressure from his friends. Bunk and Freamon are amazed and slightly dismayed at how much McNulty has changed, and Elena even expresses regret for having left him. McNulty soon begins to miss the MCU, and quietly begins getting closer to Bodie in the hopes of turning him into an informant against Marlo. After Stanfield lieutenant Monk Metcalf sees Bodie with McNulty, Bodie is killed as a precaution. McNulty feels guilty and rejoins the MCU, much to the delight of Freamon and Daniels. It is revealed during a scene shortly after Bodie's death that McNulty feels he "owes it to the kid".

20 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Hmmm. I wonder if he means that based on all of Season 4, or just a particular episode. It kind of makes me want to go back and watch Season 4, even though that season gave me so much anxiety.

I just read a new book about The Wire (All the Pieces Matter) and Dominic West talks a lot about how he wish he didn't pull back so much from the show in Season 4, because it was the best. But yes, his character definitely takes a back seat in that season, and the kids are the main focus. In terms of Arrow, it doesn't sound promising for an episode premise, especially if "the kids" equals NTA. But I guess they had probably had to give him a bit of a filming break if 618 is so Oliver heavy...

13 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Season 4 is the one focusing on the kids in school, right? That one broke my heart.

Here's the summary of what happened to McNulty in season 4:

Yep. I watched the first two episodes late one night and literally took the next day off from work to plow through the remaining episodes because I was so worried about the fate of those kids. It's my favorite season and the best one of five amazing seasons, IMO, but I'm not sure if I could go through the emotional ringer of watching it again. 

It was nice seeing Jimmy get his shit together that season, but Oliver already seems to have his shit together this season, which is why I wondered if Stephen was referring to a specific plot point.

Edited by KenyaJ
8 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

It was nice seeing Jimmy get his shit together that season, but Oliver already seems to have his shit together this season, which is why I wondered if Stephen was referring to a specific plot point.

I'm guessing it's more about screentime than plot points. On The Wire, the actor who played McNulty asked to not be used heavily in the 4th season because he wanted to spend more time with his kids in England. So basically the star of the show kind of disappeared for large bits of the season.

Wouldn't SA have said that he felt like Dominic West, instead of McNulty, if that were the case? 

14 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I haven’t watched The Wire, so I’m trying to find some commonalities in that description. Oliver gets his ducks in order, but then it all falls apart? He gets someone endangered? 

I think maybe this is it. Oliver gets someone to turn, and that person dies, so Oliver feels like he has to go back to his old ways to get things done because he feels like he owes it to that person.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Wouldn't SA have said that he felt like Dominic West, instead of McNulty, if that were the case? 

I think maybe this is it. Oliver gets someone to turn, and that person dies, so Oliver feels like he has to go back to his old ways to get things done because he feels like he owes it to that person.

One of the n00bs? On the one hand, one less of them. On the other, I don’t want Oliver doing anything because he feels like he owes them.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Yeah, that was my thought too.  And would even be worthy of comment? I have to imagine he would relish a lighter episode after being in almost every scene of 618.

• Love 1

Well, the lead got his one episode of focus, the season can go back to being about Dinah everyone else now. ??

Do we have any idea what 619 is about? I'm trying hard not to but I'm losing more and more hope for Felicity stuff now.

I don't get these complaints that SA/Oliver isn't the focus of Arrow S6. He's got more screentime (by a long mile) than any other character. Yes, his screentime has been reduced compared to previous years but, at least part of that is the lack of Flashbacks.

617 was a Diggle Episode, we get these every year and it was clear that SAs lack of filming for 617 was a break because he filmed a lot for 618.

Dinah is not the focus of this season, she's gotten the LL treatment 4th place in overall screentime and a few heavy/focused episodes in the back half of the season. Nothing more, nothing less really.

• Love 2
(edited)

I guess I don't count screentime as important if the story isn't there. It's like when people say not to worry about Felicity because she's sometimes 2nd or 3rd in screentime. You can be on screen and not have any story substance at all. Just IMO.

And for me personally I think Dinah has had a lot this season. A lot of crap that doesn't interest me but she's had a lot more substance than OTA for the most part, though I'm hoping that's going to wrap up now. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Huh. Maybe SA's McNulty tweet meant lack of screentime after all, if he's got at least half a week off.

Without knowing the Context, I have no idea what he's saying. It's Arrow related since he auditioned in Early Feb 2012 but, wasn't filming (pilots film in March/April). 

So what he's referring to is still a mystery to me.

(edited)

If it is true that the episode is Oliver lite: Who thought that after the seeing the NTA storyline that the show would profit from less Oliver?  I do admit that the first time they did that in S3, I was intrigued and then actually surprised how I much the show needed his presence. The others, even though they tried, couldn't carry the show alone. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Do we have any idea what 619 is about?

The title is "Enter the Dragon" so I'm guessing it's Dick Dragon focused. Hopefully it follows in the same vein as the previous villain episodes and he dies in the end.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

The title is "Enter the Dragon" so I'm guessing it's Dick Dragon focused. Hopefully it follows in the same vein as the previous villain episodes and he dies in the end.

giphy.gif