Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

My fear is that they are setting up Oliver to be the villain next season.  I'm not kidding.  MG might actually believe that giving Oliver an actual villain arc for like half a season will be totally cool and edgy. It would keep Olicity and Lauriver off the table because why would either woman want to be with Ra's Ollie Ghul. SA has said he loves villains and they are more fun to play.  I'm totally thinking this is their way of giving Oliver the Bizarro Superman/Bizarro Batman thing.  Then he'll have a big redemption arc in the back half of s4 leading to him becoming the real Green Arrow by s5....

So if they make Ra's Ollie Ghul an actual thing, then Team Arrow becomes Dig, Felicity, Laurel, Roy and Thea and only three are wearing masks.  Malcolm might end up being an ally for Team Arrow against Ra's Ollie Ghul since he's the only one in Starling City that knows anything useful about LoA and Ra's al Ghul.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

I don't like that Malcolm destroyed Oliver and his family, but Laurel may be the big hero at the end of the season and take him down. Whose show is it again? I hate this whole storyline.

• Love 5
(edited)

So, after reading the SA interview in the 'Behind the Mask' thread, I am not sure how big the Oliver/Ray conflict will be if they only worked together for one day. Maybe he is just not giving anything away but he didn't sound as though he will have much more screen with BR. 

Edited by Belinea

That interview was probably given before 3x17 was filmed-we know from BTS pics that SA and BR filmed together then, and that seems to be when Ray stops being the lead of his own show within a show and starts interacting with people who aren't Felicity.

• Love 1
(edited)

So IIRC, 3.18 is a game changer, 3.19 is a game changer & now 3.20 is pivotal.   I just can't anymore....

I think the SA interview was for a country where S3 is just premiering.  We're not all on the same schedule worldwide so sometimes interviews are confusing.

Edited by Sunshine

So IIRC, 3.18 is a game changer, 3.19 is a game changer & now 3.20 is pivotal.   I just can't anymore....

I think MG is just saying 'watch every episode remaining in this season'.

• Love 1

So IIRC, 3.18 is a game changer, 3.19 is a game changer & now 3.20 is pivotal. I just can't anymore....

Well, on the upside, at least MG learned a new word? It's always a good thing for a professional writer, such as himself, to expand his vocabulary.

• Love 12

After MG said that there will be a great scene between D/F, I had to go send him an 'ask'... Boy it's tough to be respectful when you're side-eyeing someone. But here's what I essentially asked. Hope he responds.

I was really hoping for a plural when you said that Digg and Felicity are going to have a "great [scene]" coming up. It's sad their relationship has fallen by the wayside this season. You say the show has grown from original Team Arrow, but that doesn't mean that their bonds (still considered the heart of the show by many) should be forgotten. I hope the show rectifies this problem in season 4 by giving our beloved characters a more substantial arc to chew on

I mean, I didn't know what else to say. But I just wanted him to read it and realize that he screwed up. Hopefully that's what this achieves. 

• Love 12

I agree with you. He seems to think a scene will assuage our thirst for the relationship between Felicity and Diggle but he's missed the point. It's not a scene we're missing, but a substantial relationship. One that has been ignored or forgotten since the season 3 premiere.

We can have a scene between them, but they could still act like strangers.

• Love 5

I'm not looking forward to this scene. I'm thinking it won't be about anything I would like them to discuss - how Felicity is feeling, the Malcolm situation, the Ra's situation, etc. It will probably be in 3x17 and Diggle will probably be telling Felicity to support Oliver choices unconditionally and to put his feelings first. Oh, and probably make her feel bad for dating Ray. Basically, I'm thinking its everything I don't want in a scene between them. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Damn you actually made my heart hurt.

If this actually happens I hope it pushes Felicity even further into Ray's arms. And I can't stand Ray.

Edited by Limbo
(edited)

After MG said that there will be a great scene between D/F, I had to go send him an 'ask'... Boy it's tough to be respectful when you're side-eyeing someone. But here's what I essentially asked. Hope he responds.

I mean, I didn't know what else to say. But I just wanted him to read it and realize that he screwed up. Hopefully that's what this achieves. 

Great note, wonderwall. I saw some reblogs of that answer and read the same sentiments on many.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

Thanks for this! I hope he responds. It got me thinking about what I'd ask for. And I think I just want the writers to remember that we've seen a lot of closeness between Dig and Felicity and either include, address, or at least leave space for that. After seeing what they've done with Felicity this season, I question whether to them an arc would necessarily mean further developing preexisting character traits and relationships.

• Love 1
(edited)

I tweeted MG last week and said that as a therapist, I'm seriously concerned about Felicity and how isolated she is from her friends (Oliver, Diggle, Roy, Caitlyn) this season given all that is happening to her.  The only people she has to talk to are strangers Ray and Laurel. 

He didn't answer me, he never does, but hopefully if enough of us say the same sentiment, he'll eventually take us seriously.

Edited by statsgirl

I wouldn't count on it. He only seems to respond to praise and things he can make fun of.

I honestly think that he just responds to the top messages he gets. Because he responds to valid concerns (albeit poorly), responds to hate, etc. So yeah, if he hasn't responded it's probably because he hasn't seen it. Lord knows how many messages he gets per day. 

I think he gets a lot of hate messages which is why he grabs on to the ones that praise him, or the ones he thinks he can reply humorously to.  Haters gonna hate and all that.

I'd like to say how wonderfully he did X, but it's hard to come up with something.

Mg mentioned on tumblr that laurel will go pretty far for oliver in 319. I really hope she's not the one dying and being brought back by the Lazarus pit. But considering she was in LA when Stephen and Colton tweeted that stuff about filming goodbyes, I'm thinking it's not her.werent there pictures of laurel oliver and Roy running from someone in 319? Maybe she gives herself up to the cops to give oliver and roy more time to get away? That might explain why she missed 3 days of shooting for 320. Even if she were dead, they'd most likely still show her dead body and she'd have to be there for that. And mg did say that olicity fans reaction to 319 would be wtf. I could see fans having that reaction if felicity got killed.

Edited by Jessie2009
(edited)

Mg mentioned on tumblr that laurel will go pretty far for oliver in 319. I really hope she's not the one dying and being brought back by the Lazarus pit. But considering she was in LA when Stephen and Colton tweeted that stuff about filming goodbyes, I'm thinking it's not her.werent there pictures of laurel oliver and Roy running from someone in 319? Maybe she gives herself up to the cops to give oliver and roy more time to get away? That might explain why she missed 3 days of shooting for 320. Even if she were dead, they'd most likely still show her dead body and she'd have to be there for that. And mg did say that olicity fans reaction to 319 would be wtf. I could see fans having that reaction if felicity got killed.

The pictures of them running from the cops were from 318 and she (probably) hasn't filmed anything for 320.  KC was in LA from 2/28-3/6 (Friday afternoon - possible half day of filming but the night shoot was Hong Kong Flashback) and she's been in Dallas since Sunday 3/8.  Also, Colton didn't tweet anything about goodbyes, that was SA.  Colton just said he had a difficult day of filming, lots of emotions, etc, etc.  It's possible the two tweets are connected, it's also possible that they're not.  Who knows?

What we know, based on filming and episode order:

Lance is alive in 319/320, since he's go to CC in 119 (the week after 319 airs)

Felicity, Diggle, Ray, Oliver are alive in 320 since they was on set filming several days

CH was scene on set filming in Roy clothes at least 1 day for 320 

Thea was getting fitted for a mask

Tatsu was in the HK flashback in 320 so she's still alive (in the past anyway)

Karl Yune was on set during filming of 320, BTS pics of him and BR but this is questionable as he wasn't in costume, or on set

MM, Laurel and Nyssa are big question marks

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

CH is still down in Palm Springs or somewhere, clearly not shooting for Ep 20 (aside from the first day?), so...my money's still on Roy to bite it. Would be thrilled to see him back up in Vancouver/on set though. But yeah, maybe in 319 LL does finally stand up and say you know, Sara's death is all about ME ME ME not you, so I'm gonna do whatever thing this time around.

Edited by Carrie Ann
(edited)

Didn't katie Cassidy tweet about flying back to Vancouver last Friday? Maybe she did film something and then went back?

from my previous post

she (probably) hasn't filmed anything for 320.  KC was in LA from 2/28-3/6 (Friday afternoon - possible half day of filming but the night shoot was Hong Kong Flashback) and she's been in Dallas since Sunday 3/8

Edited by Morrigan2575

I want to shove that stupid bouquet down MG's throat. I mean, seriously? Shut up. 

And now Felicity loves Oliver but whether she's 'in love' with him is episode dependent? I give up on this crap. I really do. 

And Laurel going far for Oliver in 319 just sounds like another 'Laurel is so wonderful' moment that I can't even be bothered.

I want to shove that stupid bouquet down MG's throat. I mean, seriously? Shut up. 

I want to smash it on his head. Seriously. 

However..suppose it's really Laurel who's dying. 320 will be an emotional episode...for whom, exactly?

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

Nope. None of that stuff MG's talking about makes me want to watch. Diggle's wedding should be a wonderful event and about how awesome Diggle and Lyla are with a side splash of the awesomness of TA, but I have a bad feeling with the triangle drama, it's just going to make me want to throw things.

And I don't care what Laurel does ever so there's that. 

JB's interview strikes fear into me as well. Please don't have Malcolm stick around forever unless he's going to be treated as a full on villain. What they're doing with him is not working for me. He's not a frenemy. He's a crazy mass murderer and should be treated as such.

• Love 4

Felicity, Diggle, Ray, Oliver are alive in 320 since they was on set filming several days

Being on set/filming doesn't mean they're all alive, or at least that they don't die and come back.  Somebody who is not Ra's is getting LPd.

I am so sure he said Felicity's in love with him a few weeks ago. Then it changed to she isn't aware she is. Now it changes episodically.

It's incredible.

He definitely said she was in love with him. I remember because we were all 'Well why don't you show that in the show ffs!' I mean, I get why he's saying that because the episodes coming have her in a relationship with Ray but come on. We're not stupid. And you can't be in love with someone in one episode and change the next just because of what happens. Love doesn't work like that, dummy. Ugh. This is just riling me up.

I want to smash it on his head. Seriously. 

However..suppose it's really Laurel who's dying. 320 will be an emotional episode...for whom, exactly?

I'm so convinced that Laurel is the only one safe on this show for the rest of time that I can't see her being the one that dies. And if she does I assume they'll do it to stir up some Lauriver feelings because there's no way Oliver wouldn't react to her death. But then she'll just get put in the LP anyway. My first thought of Laurel going far for Oliver is her losing her job. She can't be a full time vigilante next season with a full time job, right?

I think Laurel probably gets Oliver out of jail somehow in 319, at the cost of something to herself, maybe her job?

That's my guess as well.  It's not like she's ever been reluctant to violate her lawyer oath or break the law in the past.  Then if she doesn't get a daddy pass, she'll be free to go to Nanda Parbat with Nyssa.

• Love 5

I wonder if Oliver actually goes to jail. I thought so because of that pic of SA in front of the bars, but that was before they showed an actual cell in the foundry. Regardless, she could still get him out of some kind of legal trouble, even if he doesn't go to jail.

• Love 1

Nah, we'll get Oliver looking at her. Premiere- hospital room style.

Yeah, just pick the worst trope ever created (e.g. Oliver seeing Felicity kiss Ray) and MG will write it, teasing an epic romance.

And now Felicity loves Oliver but whether she's 'in love' with him is episode dependent? I give up on this crap. I really do. 

And Laurel going far for Oliver in 319 just sounds like another 'Laurel is so wonderful' moment that I can't even be bothered.

Yes to all three.  "Episode dependent" = whatever the plot dictates.

At this point, with all the "Laurel is wonderful" moments this seaosn, the only thing I want to see Laurel do for Oliver is take a bullet for him and not be LP'd.

• Love 7

I'm so convinced that Laurel is the only one safe on this show for the rest of time that I can't see her being the one that dies. And if she does I assume they'll do it to stir up some Lauriver feelings because there's no way Oliver wouldn't react to her death. But then she'll just get put in the LP anyway. My first thought of Laurel going far for Oliver is her losing her job. She can't be a full time vigilante next season with a full time job, right?

Oh, yes, I'm sure she's totally safe, too. I was just rolling on the assumption that someone will die and then be resurrected.

What I meant is, since MG is hyping 320 as the most emotional episode ever, and how people will need meds and prescription, suppose that is Laurel who dies (and then comes back at a later time), who would ever need Xanax to watch the episode that deals with her demise? :) I just assume  Ding Dong! The witch is dead! would be heard around the globe :P

• Love 2

The bouquet thing is particularly egregious because Felicity is waaaaay too young to think about getting married, to anyone.  Guggie is basically making it look like they're focusing on this thing that shouldn't even be thought about for several years still.  Just go on a freaking real date, people.

• Love 6

Oh, yes, I'm sure she's totally safe, too. I was just rolling on the assumption that someone will die and then be resurrected.

What I meant is, since MG is hyping 320 as the most emotional episode ever, and how people will need meds and prescription, suppose that is Laurel who dies (and then comes back at a later time), who would ever need Xanax to watch the episode that deals with her demise? :) I just assume  Ding Dong! The witch is dead! would be heard around the globe :P

I'm thinking people will need one if Laurel dies and then comes back to life right away. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

It wont be Laurel in any case I don't think. If it's a temporary LP death, then I think we're looking at Felicity or Thea. Mayyyyybe Diggle or Roy. If it's a real death....I'm still going for Roy. Maybe Quentin. I don't see Malcolm's death being the cause of such a deeply emotional or traumatic episode. Maseo's either.

It could be one of each. One permanent, one temporary. /wild guess

• Love 1

What I meant is, since MG is hyping 320 as the most emotional episode ever, and how people will need meds and prescription, suppose that is Laurel who dies (and then comes back at a later time), who would ever need Xanax to watch the episode that deals with her demise? :) I just assume Ding Dong! The witch is dead! would be heard around the globe :P

Didn't he say that people would need more than meds/alcohol with regards to Olicity in 3x20, or did I read the question wrong? I can't go back and look at the moment.

25 imo isn't young to get married. I got married at 27 which is only two years away. Felicity is a top exec at a company, she has her life and what she wants sort of figured out, it's not insane that she'd want to get married soon.

-- Asked if Felicity is in love with Oliver, MG says: "She loves Oliver.  Whether she’s “in love” with him seems to be episode-dependent of late."

LOL UGH WHAT. How is he ok with that? That's just sloppy work.

There is no way in hell I'm watching that damn bouquet be thrown. It's a stupid tradition anyway, and with what they've done with the characters lately, anybody looking at anybody else is going to be awful. Felicity looks happily at Ray? Fist to the gut for Olicity shippers. Sad? Sours the wedding joy. Felicity looks at Oliver when she's there with Ray as her date? EWWW. Oliver looks sadly or longingly at Felicity? BTDT and also it's his own fault so NO. Ray looks at Felicity? Who cares? 

If he's actually talking about Thea (I'm not paying close enough attention to know if he's specified), there's confirmation that Roy bites it. Because Pathos.

If they don't plonk SOMEBODY into that bloody Lazarus Pit in 3x20, so help me..... They've been teasing the pit so long, when they finally do use it anyone who follows spoilers is just going to be, "Ugh, FINALLY."

• Love 2

Didn't he say that people would need more than meds/alcohol with regards to Olicity in 3x20, or did I read the question wrong? I can't go back and look at the moment.

This was the question:

I'm genuinely stressed over 3x20 because if it's more emotional than Moira or Sara's death than I don't think I can handle it without my heart being torn. All I want is some Olicity. Anyway but great job with Arrow I'm obviously emotionally invested in this show like my life depends on it. Can't wait until it's back

3x20 doesn’t air for a number of weeks.  My advice?  Make an appointment with a doctor or psychiatrist or someone who can prescribe you something.  Alcohol or over-the-counter meds aren’t gonna get it done this time.  I promise.

I didn't read his answer as specifically referred to Olicity, but I might be wrong. IDK

Felicity is a top exec at a company, she has her life and what she wants sort of figured out, it's not insane that she'd want to get married soon.

But she doesn't have it figured out.  She might have a vague idea of getting married at some point, but she's nowhere near to catching a bouquet and having that be a moment.  Among other things, people with advanced degrees statistically marry quite a bit later, and who would she even think about marrying?  Ray, the dude she's dated for maybe a month by then, primarily because the guy she sort of maybe loves has made himself unavailable?  Or that guy who made himself unavailable and with whom she has been on all of 1/10th of one date?  And she just started her new job, which, among other things, has involved helping a guy build an Iron Man suit to fight crime.  She, just like Oliver, still has a lot of living and growing up to do before she really thinks about marrying anyone.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

But she doesn't have it figured out.  She might have a vague idea of getting married at some point, but she's nowhere near to catching a bouquet and having that be a moment.  Among other things, people with advanced degrees statistically marry quite a bit later, and who would she even think about marrying?  Ray, the dude she's dated for maybe a month by then, primarily because the guy she sort of maybe loves has made himself unavailable?  Or that guy who made himself unavailable and with whom she has been on all of 1/10th of one date?  And she just started her new job, which, among other things, has involved helping a guy build an Iron Man suit to fight crime.  She, just like Oliver, still has a lot of living and growing up to do before she really thinks about marrying anyone.

Just because she catches a bouquet though doesn't mean that she's gonna get married anytime soon. Will it make her start thinking about when she wants to get married and whatever? Sure, but she's not gonna be walking down the aisle anytime soon ;) In the end it's just a bouquet! It's just -ugh I hate this word- 'pandering'. 

• Love 3

No, but it's meant to be a meaningful/wistful moment.  How can it be when there really shouldn't be any actual feelings about it?  The point of catching the bouquet is that it traditionally means the catcher will also be getting married soon-ish.  But she's at least, as you said (25 v. 27), several years from marrying...who?  It's not a meaningful moment for Olicity, because it shouldn't be a meaningful moment for anyone.  It's sort of like the end of Clueless...she's 17, catching the bouquet meant nothing (although that was played for laughs, with Cher's determination to catch the thing).

• Love 2

I'm thinking people will need one if Laurel dies and then comes back to life right away. 

It could be the reverse of the Olicity I love you scene last year. Many, many people would be pretty excited if Laurel died, then be extremely disappointed when she's brought back.

• Love 4

I don't think Felicity is too young to get married at all. But emotionally, if she doesn't even realize that she's in love with Oliver, she's nowhere near ready to even consider that possibility with anyone. Although this isn't even the point. The stupid bouquet moment is gross pandering and MG seems to think all shippers want trope-y cliché ridden moments like that and NO THANK YOU. TAKE IT BACK.