Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

oh that makes more sense. Hopefully that's the case. 

Anyway the twist with Brick killing Rebecca Merlyn is one that was speculated but I wasn't sure if it was the case. I guess that's why he wants to help Team Arrow stop Merlyn. Why Team Arrow would even consider teaming up with him so is still ridiculous.  

From the promo you can see Felicity sitting on that chair like she's the godfather questioning Malcolm and why they should team up with him. It's probably going to be the best scene of the episode :p Felicity for sure will be against it. I think it's ridiculous for Laurel, Diggle, and Roy to go along with Malcolm though. Diggle especially. Hopefully he sides with Felicity but we all know that won't be the case. 

I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I won't hold my breath. 

Yeah, it's still super dumb that someone hacked Felicity AGAIN, but it's the camera from her middle screen, there's a close up to it in the trailer and everything.

in addition to a monitor camera (cover it with electrical tape, Jesus), why would she have any kind of microphone enabled on her computer down there? Even I know that's stupid, and I didn't go to MIT.

• Love 1

From the promo you can see Felicity sitting on that chair like she's the godfather questioning Malcolm and why they should team up with him. It's probably going to be the best scene of the episode :p 

Wait what? I don't see that in the promos lol 

Whaaaaaaaat, you should see the promos again, because it was a total boss moment. Idk which one, but WAtCH IT. 

lol seriously I have no idea what you're tallking about. I'll try and look. 

Edit: Aaah the Canadian promo lol. I feel bad because I'm Canadian and I missed it :P 

Edited by ban1o

Anyone, please tell me I was not imagining that moment. :p Off to spoilertv to watch the promos

lol I found it. The Canadian promo.Sorry I missed it. I feel bad because I'm Canadian lmao. 

• Love 1

Wow, in one single sneak peek we have Old!Laurel, who feels like such a badass for her ever-growing number of scars, and Nu!Laurel, who tries to be empathetic towards the team, wondering how they did it for so long...Pick a side, writers!!

Hehehe it's Slade 2.0

Wow did everyone call Brick killing Merlyn's wife on here.

Arrow is such and original and unpredictable show....said no one eva! LOL

It's actually kind of sad, they basically go for the most simplistic, overused soapy, comicbook-y, tropy storylines every time.

• Love 6

Is it possible that Brick beats up Merlyn in a flashback? Probably not, right?

Malcolm doesn't know it was Brick who killed Rebecca. WHich makes sense because honestly if Malcolm knew it was Brick, Brick would have been dead a long time ago. This is the guy who wanted every single person in the Glades to die because of what happened lol.  

• Love 1

Arrow is such and original and unpredictable show....said no one eva! LOL

It's actually kind of sad, they basically go for the most simplistic, overused soapy, comicbook-y, tropy storylines every time.

Who needs creative, original storytelling when you go with "Because comics!" It probably makes the writing of episodes easier.

Head Writer: "Let's brainstorm ideas on how to make something happen logically and creatively"

Writer 1: "How about because reasons?"

Head Writer: "Perfect" 

• Love 1

Wait, hang on... 50 Shades has said that he wants to be low budget Iron Man primarily to protect Felicity?

So he stalks her and essentially tries to force her to work for him. Then he fails to respect personal boundaries and thinks nothing of tracking her phone or turning up at her apartment first thing in the morning on her days off. Then he showers her with gifts to get her to go on a 'business date', at the end of which he kisses her. Then he gets cold and scary when she brings up his dead ex (who was his previous reason for doing stuff, I guess). Now he's saying that he's doing everything to keep her safe? Fucking hell. How many alarm bells should be ringing for this woman, right about now? Seriously, this is should be freaking her out and causing her to consider a restraining order. She's about a month away from being locked up somewhere that only he knows about, just so she'll never get hurt. These writers think this shit is romantic? It's downright scary.

How can they have so little grasp of normal male/female interaction to think this is okay? Even on an angst-a-thon CW show?

I reiterate my question, why does Oliver not just tell all of these people, 'screw you guys, I'm going anywhere but Starling'? Because that cannot be Felicity. Felicity must have been killed and replaced with a pod person, if she thinks 50 Shades isn't dangerously obsessive about her. If Diggle is telling Oliver to sit down and shut up because Everything Has Changed, then he's not the real Diggle either. It just boggles the mind that characters can be flushed down the toilet this thoroughly, by truly incompetent writers. If I were Amell right now, I'd be politicking like crazy to get Guggenheim removed from his role and replaced with someone more competent. Like a Baboon that would rather fling its own faeces than write scripts.

• Love 14

lol it's hilarious some people on facebook have conspiracy theories that Felicity knows that Malcolm is hacking them and they are trying to manipulate Malcolm to help them. 

I think that might be giving the writers too much credit... I hope its just so that they had a plot reason for Malcolm to approach them. It must be hard to think of a way for Malcolm to come ask them for help, if he has no idea what Brick did. The guy destroyed the glades to hopefully kill his wife's killer, imagine if he had just hacked or investigated a little harder back then - how many lives would have bee saved? I hope this doesn't help put him on the Redemption Path for too long, I like him  bad. But I could see MM pulling a Sloane from Alias. Where he finds redemption, gains trust of his archenemies (the good guys on the show) event he audience at times for a few seasons, before he then goes all bad again. JB has the acting chops to pull that off. Which I think is more likely than TA figuring out how to out manipulate MM via videocam. I just hope they don't imply that F got distracted with her new personal life and let her guard down in cyber protecting the Foundry, by allowing it to be hacked again.

Hey, maybe Oliver landed in an alternate universe where Sara was dead, Laurel is her incompetent replacement and Felicity and Diggle don't like him anymore. So he has to spend the rest of the season trying to get back to his reality, where Sara's alive, Laurel's just a lawyer and Felicity and Diggle are setting up his "welcome back from the dead, again! party. 

• Love 8

I have a weird feeling they are trying to redeem Malcolm and make him an anti-hero which I am not here for lol. Sympathetic villain I'm fine with but not a anti-hero. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 4

I want to protect these characters from "plot"

I have a weird feeling they are trying to redeem Malcolm and make him an anti-hero which I am not here for lol. Sympathetic villain I'm fine with but not a anti-hero. 

Cool motive. Still Murder. - that Brooklyn show

I can totally see this happening. And I hate it

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 4

That's actually a really good show.

I'm glad they're at least making it clear that Malcolm didn't know Brick killed Rebecca, because there's NO WAY he wouldn't have killed Brick long ago if he knew.  Also, he's apparently as invested in finding out who murdered his loved one as Laurel.

• Love 7

If "there's plenty plenty of evidence but none that the police can make stick", maybe they need a good ADA rather than a marginal vigilante.

Hands up everyone who called it that Brick murdered Malcolm's wife.  No, wait, hands up everyone who didn't figure it out. That would be easier.

How can Felicity not know that there is a camera on her computer?  Even I check my programs for anything that snuck on.

The stupid, it hurts.

Also, he's apparently as invested in finding out who murdered his loved one as Laurel.

I guess it doesn't matter if you actually look for the person as long as you shout and cry 'vengeance!' and beat up/kill innocent people.

But lol that with all his resources, he still needs Felicity and Team Arrow to give him the answer.

Obviously Oliver loves Felicity, but right now I think he still is probably putting the city first because he thinks he can't  save the city and be with her.

But the promo has Diggle saying that things have changed and now the city has a whole bunch of people to protect it since Oliver left, and can he live with that.  So that excuse is gone.

Wait, hang on... 50 Shades has said that he wants to be low budget Iron Man primarily to protect Felicity?

He said that when he started beating up the guy in the mayor's office he was doing it out of vengeance.  Then he realized he was doing it to protect Felicity.

I hate how Diggle and Felicity have been distorted to make all these new characters work.  And the whole season of the show is a hot mess because instead of writing real, well-developed characters, they pluck them from the comics and just assumed that people would love them for that reason.  Personally, I want to keep Roy and get rid of everyone else.

I just want Oliver to pack up Diggle (with Lyla and Sara) and Felicity and fly his plane to somewhere else to start all over again and leave all these comic book costume wannabees behind.

• Love 9

That's actually a really good show.

I'm glad they're at least making it clear that Malcolm didn't know Brick killed Rebecca, because there's NO WAY he wouldn't have killed Brick long ago if he knew.  Also, he's apparently as invested in finding out who murdered his loved one as Laurel.

he probably thought it was just some random thug in Glades. Too him I don't think it mattered as much he just associated his wife's death with "The Glades" and not with a particular person. 

oh that makes more sense. Hopefully that's the case. 

Anyway the twist with Brick killing Rebecca Merlyn is one that was speculated but I wasn't sure if it was the case. I guess that's why he wants to help Team Arrow stop Merlyn. Why Team Arrow would even consider teaming up with him so is still ridiculous.  

OK, now I can sorta buy why they would allow him to help them. It's not going to end well, of course. These partnerships never do even when the protagonists insist they'll never trust the bad guy. Guess they didn't watch "Thor: The Dark World." :P

Once again, Felicity is made incompetent for the sake of plot. smh. The laziness of these writers truly baffles me

Sinceriously! I was rolling my eyes at this back in 3x01 when Sara mentioned the comms to Oliver. They can't keep insisting Felicity is a super genius and then have her be completely negligent like this. I mean, didn't she mention in 2x14 that she upgraded their systems so the Clock King can't get into them even if he uses the computer version of a bazooka?!?! C'mon!

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 3

Sinceriously! I was rolling my eyes at this back in 3x01 when Sara mentioned the comms to Oliver. They can't keep insisting Felicity is a super genius and then have her be completely negligent like this. I mean, didn't she mention in 3x14 that she upgraded their systems so the Clock King can't get into them even if he uses the computer version of a bazooka?!?! C'mon!

Perhaps she's too busy trying to decide whether to wear black to mourn her dead 'love' or something low-cut, to entice her insane boss/stalker. It's hard to be competent and be a leg in a love triangle.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 8

OK, now I can sorta buy why they would allow him to help them. It's not going to end well, of course. These partnerships never do even when the protagonists insist they'll never trust the bad guy. Guess they didn't watch "Thor: The Dark World." :P

Yeah I guess if I think about it if they really feel like there's no other option and Merlyn also has a grudge against the guy then it sorta makes sense, but obviously it couldn't end well. And yeah Thor: The Dark World is a perfect example lol. 

Perhaps she's too busy trying to decide whether to wear black to mourn her dead 'love' or something low-cut, to entice her insane boss/stalker. It's hard to be competent and be a leg in a love triangle.

I'm putting this in the box of plot contrivances, which is getting fuller every episode. *sigh*

• Love 3

If "there's plenty plenty of evidence but none that the police can make stick", maybe they need a good ADA rather than a marginal vigilante.

I always wanted that to be Laurel's role in the team. Team Arrow catches them, Quentin arrests them. and Laurel locks them away. Everyone has a role that suits their skills. It would have been great, and that is what I thought they were doing for 40 minutes in 3x01. Imagine if they took this season and had Laurel attempt to be a masked hero, only for her to realize that isn't for her, and she already a hero by locking up the assholes instead of catching them.

(My sister is a first year prosecutor like Laurel, and with the amount of work my sister has to do there is no way in hell she would have the time to take up vigilantism. She can barely keep her eyes open past 9pm on Fridays. Weirdly enough my sister and Laurel are actually the same age, plus or minus a year...)

• Love 8

(My sister is a first year prosecutor like Laurel, and with the amount of work my sister has to do there is no way in hell she would have the time to take up vigilantism. She can barely keep her eyes open past 9pm on Fridays. Weirdly enough my sister and Laurel are actually the same age, plus or minus a year...)

This is exactly why I side-eye the logistics of Laurel being a vigilante. How in the world does she have the time to do all of that (train, go out and beat people up, prep for cases, actually be in court, make time for family, sleep, eat, etc.) and not have one thing suffer? We've seen Oliver/FElicity/Diggle have trouble having double lives, so why is it so simple for Laurel? I'd figure her career as a lawyer would suffer but nope! She seems to be excelling at it? smh

• Love 4

I'm afraid that Malcolm is gonna kill Brick in this episode, with a Team Arrow minus Felicity seal of approval. And somehow they'll frame it as the right thing to do too.

Not initially, at least. In the promo, you can see Brick being arrested and put into a patrol car. (it's on the monitors with the "Arrow returns" headline behind Felicity when she turns around to look at someone/something.) 

So after the clip, Im wondering do we think that Felicity is MAD as HELL because Oliver comes back but decides not to team up w/ MM? Maybe he won't be hero enough for her in his immediate response. Maybe she thinks that Brick deserves to die and MM deserves his revenge. I think that might be a possibility now that F is making some slight OOC decisions & TA seems to be making dumb decisions... I cannot imagine OQ coming home and being all chummy w/ MM. I mean before the last episode, I could see it. But now, Im thinking maybe OQ will be the one naysayer on this whole MM collaboration. Which will then dovetail with a huge showdown on Lian Yu few epis from now. I think Oliver's death has changed Felicity in ways that make her slightly less recognizable. We all still hold onto the F of s1&2, but I think she's gonna have a different priorities moving fwd. I just hope some of these character changes are not permanent.

My kingdom for this to be some kind of double bluff or manipulation of Malcolm, sweet jaysus. Only thing is that doesn't really line up with the summary unless the for/against alliance is all for show. I know it's going to wind up being just that stupid, but god. I'm always so hopeful. DIE, DREAMS. DIE.

• Love 2

Felicity was devastated by Oliver's "Death" and Blamed Malcolm. I can't see her being mad at Oliver cause he wouldn't want Malcolms help. I still think given the theme of this season The Arrow gets between them

• Love 2

Felicity was devastated by Oliver's "Death" and Blamed Malcolm. I can't see her being mad at Oliver cause he wouldn't want Malcolms help. I still think given the theme of this season The Arrow gets between them

I hope you're right. I like that version better. I also think it fits the ARROW story I love better. Just trying to think out of the box & into narrow minded we need a plot, not organic/logical character development. I think I really need to stop trying to figure out how all these spoilers piece together since its becoming rather depressing. I feel like Im beginning to look fwd to things not happening on the show. That's a bad feeling, I should be excited about whats to happen. It's less OMG how are the gonna pull that off? And more ugh, really how are they gonna pull that off?

Edited by kismet

I hope you're right. I like that version better. I also think it fits the ARROW story I love better. Just trying to think out of the box & into narrow minded we need a plot, not organic/logical character development. I think I really need to stop trying to figure out how all these spoilers piece together since its becoming rather depressing. I feel like Im beginning to look fwd to things not happening on the show. That's a bad feeling, I should be excited about whats to happen. It's less OMG how are the gonna pull that off? And more ugh, really how are they gonna pull that off?

I feel your pain about this freaking show. Just remember what's in your Avi. It's bullshit that Ray has even a shot of busting up what Oliver and Felicity have but he won't have her. I think last episode just scarred us lol.

• Love 1

The last episode showed me that there is nothing they won't do to make Ray and Laurel happen.

I think MG  has left enough hints that right now they're going Oliver and Felicity in the end, partly because they won't want to tie Ray down if they're going to try for his own show, but he can do a lot of damage to Felicity's character before they get there.

It's less OMG how are the gonna pull that off? And more ugh, really how are they gonna pull that off?

or Ugh.  Are they really going to try to pull that off?

ETA:

I just looked at the sneak peek again and noticed 2 things:

1.  Laurel asks how they did this for so long and Roy replies "We had Oliver."  That doesn't fit with Diggle telling Oliver that he has to step back because they can do this without him now.

2.  Felicity, looking for "doors we can kick down, I mean you can kick down" (ugh, enough with the 'Laurel is now a badass' propping), finds that the gun Brick used to kill the alderman is the same as the one that shot Rebecca.  If the police have already done ballistics on the bullet and put it into their data base, why didn't they figure out it was the same one already?

I pretty much couldn't watch Midnight City. Did Roy and Laurel pick up the gun as they were jumping out the window?  How did the police get it then, because I think Brick would have taken it with him if he could.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I'm thinking that while we may get Olicity heartbreak in 3x12, the "woman you love" line will be said to Ray. Maybe Felicity goes to him and tells him something like "I will help you with the suit and to save the city, but I don't want to be a woman you love". So we get Olicity heartbreak, but Felicity is still choosing herself a bit, and Ray and Felicity will stay friends. 

• Love 5

I'm thinking that while we may get Olicity heartbreak in 3x12, the "woman you love" line will be said to Ray. Maybe Felicity goes to him and tells him something like "I will help you with the suit and to save the city, but I don't want to be a woman you love". So we get Olicity heartbreak, but Felicity is still choosing herself a bit, and Ray and Felicity will stay friends. 

Pretty Please

Ultimate troll award to MG if that IS Felicity to Ray, said RIGHT BEFORE THEY HOOK UP because she's angry at poor undead Oliver. 

• Love 1

Oh look. They're writing Felicity incompetent again because plot. Sorry but I find it ridiculous that Felicity doesn't check her tech every now and then after what happened with the Clock King and Slade. You'd think they'd learn. Also the amount of people who have access to the lair now is getting on my last nerve. I can't handwave that shit anymore. WTF. This show man.

Edited by Guest

“I think he comes back a little more soft-spoken, a little humbled and forced to do things and work with people that he never would have considered working with before.” - Stephen Amell

I think that this is wonderful. Definitely a step forward for Oliver. This is actually what I've been looking to see for the past 2.5 seasons. I'm glad to see that Oliver will be growing as a person. Especially the humbled part. I hope in the future Oliver learns to be less controlling, less harsh when he's angry, more considerate of others and their feelings... Hopefully we get to see this transformation because he's already come so far with the help of Diggle/Felicity/Barry. 

Also, for anyone who reprimands Oliver for being controlling, it makes sense why he is. He's had so little control of his life before he came back to Starling that now he craves it because if he doesn't have control, then he probably feels things will go out of control. It's not good that he's controlling, but it makes sense why he is the way he is. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 11

Yes, the shot back to Merlyn in the sneak peak looked cool.

Like a 'wham' line in a shocking short story. (and not a good one, but aimed at the *shock* value. Yes, Felicity should know better and check the system for malware)

But - how long has this been going on? Has Merlyn been seeing the Team Arrow shenanigans for the past season? I can actually imagine him in his best velvet robe, sipping red wine and eating... whatever spoiled rich assasins munch these days... and watching the Team Arrow Show late at night:

"Awww, she bought you a fern, Oliver!"
"No, Oliver, kiss the girl already!"
"Damn it, you let the Boomerang guy in the Foundry?"

"Oh for crying out loud, why is the Lance girl taking her... Ooooh. Ok, turn for the camera, turn for the camera..."

Let's face it, Merlyn has been watching the same show we had, albeit in a Camera Café format. And I bet he's been thrilled at some points and disappointed at the others.

Edited by Ariah
  • Love 12