Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Cassidy: I think at the beginning, when she goes out onto the streets, Arsenal and the team don't agree with it. So she's just on her own. But eventually she proves herself, and they see that she's following her heart and doing it for her sister; she's avenging her sister's death and honoring her sister, and will stop at nothing. They recognize that. It's Arsenal who is the first to support her and says, "You know what? She's smart. Even though she's not trained, she's good for not being trained, huh?" She's training, but she's not a professional. So they do end up coming around to it.

Well, at least she says "the team" so I'm guessing Felicity sticks around. And we are getting Insta-Canary, which I said that I preferred, but now that I have it I don't know what to dooooooooooooo.

• Love 1

Well, at least she says "the team" so I'm guessing Felicity sticks around. And we are getting Insta-Canary, which I said that I preferred, but now that I have it I don't know what to dooooooooooooo.

I'm going to ignore how she distinguishes Arsenal above the rest of the team there, like he's more important. Nope. Not gonna talk about that.

But lol, I feel the same. I really didn't want to see episode after episode of Laurel getting beat up and failing but I also don't want Insta-Canary. I'm never going to buy that she can hold her own after a few boxing lessons. I still have trouble believing that Roy is at the level he's at right now so expecting me to believe Laurel is BC after a couple of episodes is ridiculous, even if she's not at professional level. I guess it's one of those things we just have to deal with. 

Edited by Guest

I had to somewhat laugh at the phrase "Even though she's not trained, she's good for not being trained, huh?" I know what she is trying to say but it just made my laugh. It sounded to my like "She knows nothing, but she can hide it well"

Furthermore sometime I wonder if the actors have to roll their eyes at stupid interview questions.

AccessHollywood: We know that Oliver is in love with Felicity, cause he said it.

Stephen Amell: Yes.

AccessHollywood: In my mind he’s still very much in love with Laurel. If they were in a room right now, which one do you think he would he pick?

Stephen Amell: Like in a fight? (laughs) He would pick.. well, I normally shy away from this question, but right now the answer is Felicity. Clearly. Laurel is a love from a different part of his life. And it’s always gonna be there. But the person, that he is now.. you know.. in his mind Felicity is the match, just the match that.. he can’t.. have. From his perspective.

Source: AccessHollywood

I don't know but this is just such a stupid way of asking questions (at least to me) First you ask for a fact, that he confirms. Then you tell him you don't see it and ask who he would pick. He answered that already with your first question. But SA seems to think about some of his answers more than some other people he works with.

• Love 4

Of course Arsenal is more important than the rest of the team - he's wearing a COSTUME!  Didn't you see the TCA panel?  (sarcasm)

[incidentally, this is a slam on the CW/Arrow execs who put together that TCA panel and GB's lame excuse, and not on KC.]

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

I am confused since Stephen mentioned in his interview he didnt shoot yet with Katie as BC. So does that mean she doesnt stay in the lair?

that's what it seems like. They are currently shooting episode 15 right? 

I have a feeling Laurel might not be BC when Oliver comes back. She might get hurt and put the leather suit away for a couple of episodes before she realises that she misses it and it's her true calling or whatever.

I think she only distinguished him because he is the first one to accept her? That seemed to be the point. 

I don't know, it came across strange to me saying 'Arsenal and the team don't agree with it.' Why not just say 'the team don't agree with it?' I realize that sounds kind of pedantic but it's putting more focus on Arsenal when he's just another member of the team. Felicity and Diggle aren't beneath Arsenal just because they don't wear a costume. Ugh, just any hint of someone suggesting the costumes are more important heroes just grates on me.

Edited by Guest

I am confused since Stephen mentioned in his interview he didnt shoot yet with Katie as BC. So does that mean she doesnt stay in the lair?

My hope is that when she finds out Thea killed Sara, she'll be so mad at Team Arrow she leaves to do her own thing. Let me live in my bubble. LOL

• Love 7

I bet she's going to leave because of what happens in Canaries, and then is going to find out that Malcolm drugged Thea into killing Sara and she's going to go to Oliver and tell him that Sara would've never stood for something like that, and that she wants to fight for girls like Thea or something to that effect, because Oliver can't say no to that shit and it'll be a parallel to "no woman should suffer at the hands of men" mantra that Sara had, and voila, she's back on.

I don't know, it came across strange to me saying 'Arsenal and the team don't agree with it.' Why not just say 'the team don't agree with it?' I realise that sounds kind of pedantic but it's putting more focus on Arsenal when he's just another member of the team. Felicity and Diggle aren't beneath Arsenal just because they don't wear a costume. Ugh, just any hint of someone suggesting the costumes are more important heroes just grates on me.

I get the sense from her interview and from the BTS pics that were posted by EBR that Arsenal's the one she works with out in the field, so it might just be because he's the one she's worked with as BC. The only thing she can say about her character is that she's avenging/honoring/becoming her sister and she's got heart, so...I'm not expecting her to be PC about team members or anything. I'm just glad she remembered the name of someone who isn't Oliver.

I'm wondering if Stephen is making a distinction between Laurel and Black Canary -- ie Oliver has scenes with Laurel after he's back, but he hasn't been in a scene where Katie is buckled up yet. Because otherwise, Oliver saw Laurel for 2 minutes in the crossover, and not again for about 2 months.

Considering Stephen just talked about how Oliver and Crazy Eyes haven't interacted since 301, it's not even surprising. How to mishandle an ensemble cast, a novel by Marc Guggenheim.

• Love 2

This cements my feeling that Roy is a better character when he's in the background and mute.

I can't get passed that all of sudden in every interview everyone is now being called by only their alias. Arsenal doesn't think something, Roy thinks, Arsenal is a leather outfit. 

• Love 7

I'm just glad she remembered the name of someone who isn't Oliver.

And yet his real name is Roy.  She doesn't call Oliver "Arrow".

I actually don't blame KC for saying Arsenal.  She's just doing what TPTB are doing - emphasizing the comic book personas.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I'm wondering if Stephen is making a distinction between Laurel and Black Canary -- ie Oliver has scenes with Laurel after he's back, but he hasn't been in a scene where Katie is buckled up yet. Because otherwise, Oliver saw Laurel for 2 minutes in the crossover, and not again for about 2 months.

Considering Stephen just talked about how Oliver and Crazy Eyes haven't interacted since 301, it's not even surprising. How to mishandle an ensemble cast, a novel by Marc Guggenheim.

Yeah, I think he probably is. I'm sure he sees Laurel, it just seems like BC hasn't gone out in the field with Arrow. Yet.

I really don't see how they can keep Laurel out of the Arrow cave if she really is going to become the Black Canary.  And MG said there were lots of Laurel/Felicity scenes coming up.

From tweets, spoilers,interviews, it seems like Diggle is going to be the one to lead the team while Oliver is gone.  Good.

The bad is that it seems it's going to be Roy who talks them into letting Laurel play on their Team.  Nope, not Roy, it's Arsenal the suit.

Why is Katie Cassidy talking about Laurel's heart and how big it is?  Did she beat up that guy because her heart is so big?  Because so far she's only fighting for herself to quench the fire.

It feels harder to write off the Laurel-centric noise this time around because Oliver is gone. In the past, when they've said "Laurel-centric" or AnyoneElse-centric, it really hasn't amounted to much because it's usually still all about Oliver (305 was an exception, IMO). But without him, who knows? I do think they'll probably still be pretty balanced, with maybe one episode leaning heavily on Laurel. 311, if I had to guess, just because 310 does look like a team episode, and Oliver returns at some point in 312. 

I think Oliver only returns at the end of 312 so I still expect that to be an Oliver-gone episode. Hopefully back in 313 though.

Since Katie Cassidy and Brandon Routh have been the ones giving interviews, it seems like they are the one who are given the chance to acquit themselves.  It looks like poor Roy gets shafted yet again.  (First in 2B because so much Slade/Sara/Laurel going on, then again in Guilty because it was about Laurel & Ted Grant.

The main thing that Ray can give her is an outlet for her grief; I don’t mean a shoulder to cry on but a project that she can bury herself in.  I’d be ok if that is Ray’s roll, but I want Felicity to stop crying in her office.  Tears sometimes are about hope and if she thinks Oliver is gone for good I can see the tears going away and a steely resolve surfacing.  Crosses fingers.

Ugh.  But at least if they are bonding and Felicity's loss is right now, hopefully Ray is not such an idiot as to make a move on her at this point.

What I don't understand is why they had Diggle agreeing with Oliver about his leaving the Team in the premiere. T

They needed to do something the change things up so the show didn't get boring (why Oliver is missing now), but they didn't want to lose Diggle from the Team, he's too well-liked.  So he's off the for blink of an eye, and back to help find Sara's killer.

She is smart? Oh Roy ....

To quote someone on the Downton Abbey thread about  Robert saying Cora is smart "compared to him, she's a rocket scientist."

LL in Cosplay

Perfect

• Love 1

I get the sense from her interview and from the BTS pics that were posted by EBR that Arsenal's the one she works with out in the field, so it might just be because he's the one she's worked with as BC. The only thing she can say about her character is that she's avenging/honoring/becoming her sister and she's got heart, so...I'm not expecting her to be PC about team members or anything. I'm just glad she remembered the name of someone who isn't Oliver.

yeah from BTS photos it seems that KC worked more with CH than the others. Not really bothered by her singling out Arsenal. 

Edited by ban1o

This cements my feeling that Roy is a better character when he's in the background and mute.

I can't get passed that all of sudden in every interview everyone is now being called by only their alias. Arsenal doesn't think something, Roy thinks, Arsenal is a leather outfit.

Since these all seem to be from the TCAs, I'd bet good money that the CW PR peeps instructed the actors to use code names to keep with the costume theme.

If KC wants people to see her has her own character, maybe she should stop comparing herself to Sara.

Everyone else can talk about their characters feelings and motivations. Even Caity during the first interview she gave had some really thoughtful insights on Sara and what she stood for. That's what made me fall in love with the character. Of course the writers then completely changed what she had in mind and she had to change her insight but with talking with Stephen they were able to come up new takes on their characters. 

I've still never heard KC give any actual personal insight in the character. She speaks about Laurel in plot points then just repeats those over and over again in interviews.

I'm sure Stephen is baffled that people still like Laurel and Oliver, with everything we've seen with them. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 9

I think his expression says two things: 1) He has never meet an Oliver and Laurel shipper in real life and 2) He realizes she doesn't actually watch the show.

It's funny though, because the interviewer started off asking him about the scene where Oliver finally tells Felicity that he loves her and she said she screamed when it happened and then as I watched the rest of the interview I was like, Oh, maybe she screamed for a different reason.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7

What I loved about that AH video is when the interviewer asked him about how awesome BC was going to be, he went into a full-on minute-long talk about the costume designer on Arrow, haha. 

And yeah, that face. Wow.

The funny part for me at least is, he never had any problems talking about how awesome Sara/Caity was as BC. 

• Love 3

The funny part for me at least is, he never had any problems talking about how awesome Sara/Caity was as BC. 

I mean, he could just not be talking about it because he hasn't worked with her. But he's seen those episodes, so he has seen her in action, so it's a little strange that he'd choose that moment to talk up the wardrobe department. Not that they don't deserve it. 

From the Access Hollywood interview, SA's reply about KC as Black Canary

I think Katie Cassidy looks fantastic in the suit, which is half the battle.

And then he goes on to talk about wonderful the costume designers are.  Nice, changing the topic like that.

I was going to comment on SA's face but Velocity23 got there first. He smiles when asked about Felicity, and it drops immediately she says that in her mind he's still in love with Laurel, to which he replies that at this moment, it's "clearly Felicity". Then she goes on to ask about Raylicity as if he's going to say that Ray is a more suitable match for her.  And they say Olicity shippers are fanatics.

Everyone else can talk about their characters feelings and motivations. Even Caity during the first interview she gave had some really thoughtful insights on Sara and what she stood for.  [snip]

I've still never heard KC give any actual personal insight in the character. She speaks about Laurel in plot points then just repeats those over and over again in interviews. 

This is going to sound mean, which I don't mean it to be, but I don't think she can.  Her co-workers say she's a nice person but I haven't seen any depth of insight in any interview with her, not even about fashion, and even talking about Laurel's relationship with Sara because she has sisters of her own doesn't get to the real conflicts between them. She just seems to say what she was told about the character when she was hired (she has a big heart, she fights injustice, she's Oliver's true love), and it's made more problematic because she's a method actor. She doesn't seem to get the character who Laurel is and it's reflected in the acting and in the interviews.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8

I think that the interviewer was smart to ask that question the way she did. First of all, it's pretty obvious that the interviewer really liked Olicity with her response to Oliver telling Felicity he loved her in the last episode and whatnot (I believe she said she screamed. Yeah, that's pretty much shipper behavior right there). Second of all, I think that with the way the question was posed, the interviewer did something that no other interviewer did. And that was make Stephen pick a side. Something he never does and I think that says a LOT that he did. And I think that was intentional by the interviewer (kudos to her btw). She baited him and he took the bait. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 9

I think that the interviewer was smart to ask that question the way she did. First of all, it's pretty obvious that the interviewer really liked Olicity with her response to Oliver telling Felicity he loved her in the last episode and whatnot (I believe she said she screamed. Yeah, that's pretty much shipper behavior right there). Second of all, I think that with the way the question was posed, interviewer did something that no other interviewer did. And that was make Stephen pick a side. Something he never does and I think that says a LOT that he did. And I think that was intentional by the interviewer (kudos to her btw). She baited him and he took the bait. 

Oooh, good point. I just figured she screamed in a bad way, haha. 

The AfterArrow one was during his time off and I get the feeling he'd been in LA for a while so it would have been 311 or 312.  He returned to set fairly soon after so maybe it was 312.

I get the feeling that SA wishes they would just let the issue of Felicity vs Laurel drop so he could get on to talking about what interests him about the show.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Omg his face! Lol. His smile actually drops. I think he does genuinely love Oliver and Felicity's relationship though. I thought his answer was fair but diplomatic. He was in love with Laurel and no one is refuting that but that's in the past and now he's in love with Felicity. It's not really saying anything we didn't know, although I do enjoy hearing it, I admit. 

lmfao he even brings up Caity Lotz's Canary costume. I find it extremely hilarious the way he resorts to talking about something else other than what an interviewer has asked him. Especially in regards to Laurel questions. He went into talking about the costumes! lmao

He definitely knows about Katie's BC. They tell him everything. He knew when Oliver was going to "die." Of course he knows. He just doesn't like it.

• Love 2

At the AfterShow, he said to wait and see to John Campea ala give it a chance. And at the Screening, did he make a comment about being impressed with KC regarding the Arc. I'm just wondering if that was both he had actually seen it just cause it is weird he changed the subject.

ETA: Totally agree he probably views Oliver's love interest as settled and would like to more on.

Edited by 10Eleven12

I laughed at SA redirecting the question about Laurel in the BC costume to being about ALL the costumes and never really answering how he feels about Laurel suiting up.

I really am not trying to read much into it, but I swear he doesn't seem all that excited about the upcoming arc for Laurel. MMV I know

• Love 1

I laughed at SA redirecting the question about Laurel in the BC costume to being about ALL the costumes and never really answering how he feels about Laurel suiting up.

I really am not trying to read much into it, but I swear he doesn't seem all that excited about the upcoming arc for Laurel. MMV I know

It's difficult to tell what his feelings are, because it seems like he's well aware of fandom opinions, and he knows this isn't a popular storyline and that people aren't really looking forward to however long of an arc without him there, so he's probably feeling that a bit. He's an actor and it's his job to be excited and promote his show, but fandom has got to be tiring.

• Love 5

Seriously: "I'm the justice you can't run from"?  Putting aside the grammatical error, that is one of the stupidest lines I have ever heard. 

It's a terrible terrible line. It's like they're not even giving her a chance with dumb lines like that omg. 

That's what I liked about Team Arrow and Sara, they came in, beat the bad guys then left. No one stuck around to say stupid lines. 

I'd like to see it go like this.

Laurel: Standing proudly "I'm the justice you can't run from" 

Bad Guy: "Yes, I can, watch me" Throws something at her and runs away. 

Then Laurel who didn't know how to leave a crumbling building during an earthquake will probably stand there and get hit with it. 

I know not everyone has to go through the same thing Oliver and Sara did, but from what they showed us Laurel has the survival skills of an office plant. She stayed in crumbling building and went to beat up a guy with a baseball bat because she was angry and got her ass kicked. That is someone that will  hurt a super hero team not help them. They can't be worrying about her when they have to defeat the bad guy.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

She also hit that Mirakuru soldier on the head once.  ONCE.  When you have the bad guy down you do not then drop your weapon and stop hitting him.  It makes absolutely zero sense that a 29-year-old officebound female attorney is going to become a remotely viable vigilante after two months of boxing lessons from a rather shiny washed-up boxer.  Zero sense.