Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

And yet I can't help but notice that not one - not one - of these articles discussed the really important questions, like: Does Oliver take his shirt off?  Did the salmon ladder survive?  Will we see Diggle's bare arms in this episode?  

Sigh. To think that this is what passes for investigative journalism these days.

I hope Digg's wearing a t-shirt the first time he holds his daughter, so I can see my two fave things in one shot: massive biceps and large men holding tiny babies.

• Love 3

I assumed the 'that girl knows how to keep a secret' was Felicity because there was a specific scene in s2 where Sara asks Felicity not to tell her dad she's alive and Felicity says 'I can keep a secret, just ask him [Oliver].' Also if Sara does tell Laurel, how is she the one who can keep a secret if she then goes to struggle whether or not to tell their dad? Confused.

Didn't someone point out that Oliver is wearing the same sweater when he asks her out as when he met her?  Not that I read obsessive details.  Who me?

He's wearing a plaid shirt when he asks her out (and a blue v-neck sweater when he met her, not that I just checked or anything).

I assumed the 'that girl knows how to keep a secret' was Felicity because there was a specific scene in s2 where Sara asks Felicity not to tell her dad she's alive and Felicity says 'I can keep a secret, just ask him [Oliver].' Also if Sara does tell Laurel, how is she the one who can keep a secret if she then goes to struggle whether or not to tell their dad? Confused.

Sara does tell Laurel:

Despite her promise to her sister, Laurel debates sharing a secret about Sara (Caity Lotz) with Lance.

Laurel's too tempted to give things away, no one should ever tell her anything important, jaysus.

• Love 1

Sara does tell Laurel:

Laurel's too tempted to give things away, no one should ever tell her anything important, jaysus.

Wow ok. I wouldn't immediately think of Laurel as the best one to keep a secret given that she was going to tell her father that Oliver was the Arrow last season but ok. Intrigued by what this secret is though.

I watch Scandal and I have no idea what that means! 

Anyone here watch Scandal? Because I have no idea what that means.

It's because one of the main characters in Scandal is doing the same lame chuck type IT help job as Felicity. It was funny because e I watched less than a few hours ago and thought of the same thing.

I hope I am not answering this questions again if someone already did.

I like most of the spoilers except the one about Diggle stepping back and Roy having a bigger role on the team.  I may have grudgingly accepted Roy being part of the team, but never in place of Diggle.  Nope!  Not having that.  They get one episode to play out Diggle can't be a dad and a hero, but then Diggle better be back where he belongs on Team Arrow.

• Love 9

Thanks for all the spoilers.  I guess you really can't have enough spoilers.  I really hope (like others here) that Diggle is not taking a backseat to Roy and that his placement on the Season 3 poster is not indicative of his prominence this season.  I love the original Team Arrow trio.

* Laurel has a nice surprise for Oliver that brings yet another smile to his face. (Seriously, so much smiling in this episode!)

My guess is that she finds a legal loophole that allows Oliver to keep some of the QC assets (like the foundry and/or Verdant). That would be consistent with the EPs' agenda (if there is one) to make Laurel likeable and relevant this season.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

My guess is that she finds a legal loophole that allows Oliver to keep some of the QC assets (like the foundry and/or Verdant). That would be consistent with the EPs' agenda (if there is one) to make Laurel likeable and relevant this season.

I was thinking something along these lines as well. Maybe Tommy had some % of ownership of Verdant [the business, not the building] and he left them for Laurel? It makes more sense than Laurel suddenly having money to buy into a nightclub. The foundry is being used in the 2.5 comics: Oliver is living there, and the team is working from there, so it's not like they lost access to that part of the building. But the spoilers do indicate Verdant will come back.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 2

I was thinking that maybe Laurel's surprise for Oliver is at the press conference. Lance calling off the anti-vigilante task force, the city no longer viewing Arrow as a threat. I'm thinking this because in the 2.5 comics they're still in the foundry, so it may be one of those unexplained things we just have to fan-wank.

I was thinking that maybe Laurel's surprise for Oliver is at the press conference. Lance calling off the anti-vigilante task force, the city no longer viewing Arrow as a threat. I'm thinking this because in the 2.5 comics they're still in the foundry, so it may be one of those unexplained things we just have to fan-wank.

Yeah, since they're still in the foundry in 2.5 (and in the premiere), it doesn't look like they ever left. And that scene with Oliver and Laurel also includes them watching Lance's press conference (I think Canadagraphs on Twitter posted pics of this shoot), I think it's something to do with the anti-vigilante task force being called off, too.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I am really looking forward to Caitlyn & Felicity interactions in the crossover episodes.

So am I. They always talk about Felicity's interactions with Barry and Ray because they are smart like her, so we should be excited and impressed. Why is there no excitement about her interactions with Caitlyn who is a scientist and smart like Felicity? That's what would interest me more over her interactions with a guy.

Male writers must hate to write female friendships or they don't know how they work. When we saw that Sara has some science skills from helping Ivo with his experiments they had Felicity get upset that she could be replaced, instead of just seeing someone that has a different skill set than her. A hacker and a scientist's assistant are not the same thing. Felicity wanted to send the blood sample to lab, why do that when a team member could do it instead of waiting for the results? Felicity was fine with Barry helping out and was excitedly talking to him about what she knows. But when another woman does the same thing, oh no, must get upset. Can't have fun with her like she did with Barry. And besides, other than that they didn't really do much with Sara's science background besides her making the snake poison arrows. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

I was thinking something along these lines as well. Maybe Tommy had some % of ownership of Verdant [the business, not the building] and he left them for Laurel? It makes more sense than Laurel suddenly having money to buy into a nightclub. The foundry is being used in the 2.5 comics: Oliver is living there, and the team is working from there, so it's not like they lost access to that part of the building. But the spoilers do indicate Verdant will come back.

This would be an awfully convenient thing for them to discover over a year later, so now I'm fully expecting it to happen.

BzGhfpICcAAAe5M.jpg

I am really looking forward to Caitlyn & Felicity interactions in the crossover episodes.

I predict a lot of scientific babbling

If she had any claims to Verdant, Laurel would've used that to score free booze during her descent into alcoholism.

• Love 2

It occurred to me this morning that, even though I feel like I've been spoiled within an inch of my life after reading yesterday's spoilers about "The Calm," not a single reviewer has said a peep about the "raw" conversation where Oliver and Felicity admit their feelings for each other. I'm really grateful for that because I don't want to know about it before I see it, but the complete radio silence makes me think the producers specifically asked the reviewers not to write about it.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 5

I wonder if some of the spoilers are misleading on purpose..would they do that? Like now I'm starting to think that the meeting at QC and Ray Palmer stuff will be near the end of the episode, after the date and before the hospital scene. Ugh wednesday hurry up!

I'm looking forward to see in Felicity interact with both Caitlin and Iris, more than with Barry.  Smart girl power! :)

As a self confessed spoiler whore, there are never enough spoilers for me.  But yeah, I still think we have some surprises coming in the premiere.

I wonder if some of the spoilers are misleading on purpose..would they do that? Like now I'm starting to think that the meeting at QC and Ray Palmer stuff will be near the end of the episode, after the date and before the hospital scene. Ugh wednesday hurry up!

I wonder what order all this happens in. I assumed good stuff = first part (including the QC scene with Ray Palmer), bad stuff=second part of the episode. It's weird that Oliver and Felicity would kiss before the date, but I can buy that they did it in a happy moment after Digg's baby was born. I can't understand why they'd do it after, since presumably Felicity gets hurt and he has his hallucinations, and Oliver would want to put a stop to things after that. Why would they kiss then? And they definitely kiss the same day the Palmer meeting happens, since Felicity is wearing the same dress, unless it just looks the same. But in that clip of the board meeting, they show Felicity looking at Oliver like she wants to eat him, so I thought it all happened pre-date.

I'm going to stop now because this is pointless, haha.

• Love 1

Yes, that's what I thought too. But the fact that we have Dig in the sneak peak,( which presumably happens post-hospital and pre-date), makes me wonder if they really had Dig  go out on a mission a few hours after his child is born? ahahah I don't know i just want the episode :D

ETA: that's why I wonder if they gave misleading spoilers, maybe the date doesn't go bad? lol

Edited by looptab

Yes, that's what I thought too. But the fact that we have Dig in the sneak peak,( which presumably happens post-hospital and pre-date), makes me wonder if they really had Dig  go out on a mission a few hours after his child is born? ahahah I don't know i just want the episode :D

Yeah, good point. Unless they're in the hospital for another reason (false labor maybe?), and the baby really comes later?

It's possible. Or maybe they did have him go on a mission to celebrate  fatherhood :) Who knows..

Could be! Maybe he takes a break from fieldwork to look for a side job with some paternity benefits!

Or maybe something happens during the splodey date that gets him hurt (or close to hurt) that has him reconsidering being out in the thick of things. Okay, I'm stopping for real now (maybe).

Fuuuckkk...why did they release that? Awesome but I would have preferred to watch it in the damn show. Looks like a hell of a scene.

lol yeah I would have preferred to watch it when I was watching the actual show. But it's too late now :P I guess they really wanted to get attention with a kick-ass scene. Looks great

Edited by ban1o

I promised I was done, but I lied.

So, what's the deal with him kicking his own ass WRT his greatest fears? Is he afraid of losing Arrow if he lets himself be Oliver? Is he afraid of the kind of life that being Oliver will let him lead? Is he worried because as Arrow he has a handle on things, but Oliver is still kind of a fuckup? I don't quite understand that bit, which is okay because it's probably explained in the show which is too many days away, ugh.

• Love 1

Okay so.. i've been thinking a bit, and i wonder if Oliver asking Felicity for dinner happens after they kiss.

to maybe the timeline is (well sort of since there's some stuff we're missing in the middle)

- Oliver speech to the board

- hospital scene where they kiss

- Lance speech followed by the date

- the chase scene and Italian food.

- date scene+ whatever happens

- Oliver goes on a rampage and finds the new count.

- and whatever else i'm missing.

Anyway. that promo was all kinds of awesomeness. is that Lance rescuing Oliver?

Will he ever reveal he knows Oliver is the Arrow? maybe this is it?

but more importantly: is it Oct. 8th yet?

• Love 1

I think maybe he asks her out before they kiss, because I remember some EP saying during Comic Con that Oliver babbles a bit, and Felicity says something like, "A date, date?" She probably wouldn't be asking that if he'd already kissed her. ;)

And that does look like Lance. And I love it when people on this show say "or get put down," haha

• Love 1

I wonder if the Digglet's birth and that hospital kiss happens closer to the end of the episode--after the date, after the explosion and the fight with the new Count (who, I think is going to get away actually), after the failed presentation at QC (thanks, Palmer!), after Oliver has seen himself fighting the Arrow (his greatest fear being that he won't be able to reconcile both his "personas" and both are, literally, fighting for control). 'Cause the birth of a child is usually reserved for the last act of an episode in most shows as something signalling that a significant change is coming.

Perhaps, it'll also be at that hospital hallway where Oliver and Felicity will have their raw discussion. And Oliver initiates one last/(first) kiss before he, in an attempt to be noble but is really just him making stupid choices for others again, lets Felicity go. And Felicity understands where he's coming from but doesn't agree with him. The ball is in his court because, as much as she might not know completely how she feels, if he won't let himself be happy with her then she's not going to wait forever for him.

Aaannnddd... I should really just leave these kinds of thinking to the professionals (those amazing fanfic writers not the Arrow writers, per se). Don't mind me and my slow descent into insanity as I wait for October 8 to come around.

• Love 1

Perhaps, it'll also be at that hospital hallway where Oliver and Felicity will have their raw discussion. And Oliver initiates one last/(first) kiss before he, in an attempt to be noble but is really just him making stupid choices for others again, lets Felicity go.

My gut says it happens before things get bad, but since Laurel Brown tweeted that Oliver goes between angsty and happy in this ep, I can see it happening toward the end, right before he breaks things off (assuming, of course, it's him). That sad bastard does love to torture himself, so I can see him kissing her while he has the chance, only to let her go right after.

So that scene at QC isn't Ray's first scene in the ep? I guess...he shows up at Buy More? Probably to scope her out (I swear she's probably the asset he's really after) but ostensibly just as a customer?

Yeah, apparently he does show up at Buy More (per spoilers released yesterday).