Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

if her husband is in jail we are just going to get a show full of miserable people!!!!!!!

Technically, if 621 is the trial, I don't think he's going to be in jail until, if it happened, the very end of the season. And even then, they'd have some reason to get him out in 701

• Love 1
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

Technically, if 621 is the trial, I don't think he's going to be in jail until, if it happened, the very end of the season. And even then, they'd have some reason to get him out in 701

Thank you for consoling me *sniffles*

Spoiler

I feel like the never-ending FitzSimmons angst has now made me super paranoid about Olicity. They're going to make them suffer together like FitzSimmons! Pitch em against the universe! 

1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

Ok, does anyone else feel like we may end the season with Oliver going to prison? My original thought was that he's outed as GA, but now I feel like he may be spending hiatus in jail. SA said next season his hair/facial hair would be different, that could tie into him being released in 7x01/7.02 (maybe they do that supermax arc MG mentioned a while back), he mentioned getting the evidence from GA at his meeting,Felicity said the evidence could hurt him, and seems like he's been trying to reach out to Watson for a deal. I'm probably way off, but ending the year in jail would be something they've never done

I like this theory a lot. It fits with what SA says about Oliver's new hair in S7, and repeated mentions from SA and DR of Oliver ending up "alone" at the end this season. I'm not sure how that aligns with what MG said about this being something no other superhero show has done, but maybe he's just overstating things again (or he's unaware that Barry spent some time in jail earlier this season).

I'm finding this season increasingly hard to predict -- mostly because the characters' motivations make little sense. When we heard that Oliver would make a big decision at the end of this episode, everyone was thinking he'd turn himself in, quit as mayor, out himself as GA, etc. I don't think anyone called that he'd decide to be the GA all by himself...because it's stupid. 

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

They look so angsty but we know their relationship is fine so it's weird they look so angsty. Are they setting up for a "3D has your spouse, what are you going to do to save them?" plot?

If Felicity was worried at the beginning of this week's episode about Oliver going on missions without backup, I can only imagine that's going to continue now that he wants to do everything alone, so her angst is consistent. Even if there's angst, I'm pretty happy with how this season (and this week especially) has solidified their relationship. Whatever happens, they're going to be fine.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

If Felicity was worried at the beginning of this week's episode about Oliver going on missions without backup, I can only imagine that's going to continue now that he wants to do everything alone, so her angst is consistent. Even if there's angst, I'm pretty happy with how this season (and this week especially) has solidified their relationship. Whatever happens, they're going to be fine.

Ditto. I was concerned that they would make Felicity act all OOC and abandon Oliver (just like Diggle did last week). But nope, she stuck to him and even rescued him.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Trisha said:

But they'll be touching each other through glass when he's in jail!!!!! Does that not make you sad????????!!!!!! *wails*

I know they are fine. They are very mature and solid as anything but I don't want them physically separated! *wails some more*

I want cute domestic Olicity who fight crime and win in S7. Olicity who have enough breathing space to discuss Olicitots! Not Olicity trying to get Oliver out of jail!

Oh this miserable show!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I like this theory a lot. It fits with what SA says about Oliver's new hair in S7, and repeated mentions from SA and DR of Oliver ending up "alone" at the end this season. I'm not sure how that aligns with what MG said about this being something no other superhero show has done, but maybe he's just overstating things again (or he's unaware that Barry spent some time in jail earlier this season).

MG always overstates things. How many time has he said things were epic, game changing, the craziest thing they've ever done? LOL

That said, even thought Flash was in jail a couple eps, ending the season with Oliver in Jail & picking up there in season 7 would be different.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

But they'll be touching each other through glass when he's in jail!!!!! Does that not make you sad????????!!!!!! *wails*

My guess is he goes to jail in the season finale and is out by 701 or 702 (mostly because I can't imagine SA having the comic GA goatee for any longer than that.) So most of the angst/talking through glass will happen offscreen over the summer. And think of how bonded William and Felicity will be by the time the new season starts!

• Love 3

Alternative theory is that Oliver goes on the run at the end of the season, whether to protect himself or the others. It would fit with what DR said about Oliver being all alone (Felicity wouldn’t be able to go with him because she’ll be William’s last guardian) and the hair/beard could be part of his disguise.

• Love 14

Since 601/602 I always thought this season was heading for a GA reveal but after SA said no to that, IDK what's happening. Jail seems likely and it does give them a chance to open S7 with him in prison with that gross van dyke on his face. Comic canon box ticked! I could also see them doing an episode or two with him in prison with all the villains he's helped to put away over the years.

It's not ideal but a forced separation for Olicity over hiatus is better than them deciding to be apart. I don't mind separations so much where it's outside of their control and not of their own choosing. Plus their reunion would probably good. LOL. Not to say him going to jail is happening but it's possible.

It's also possible that when DR said Oliver ends up alone, he just meant that the teams don't get back together at all and Oliver really is just out there as GA all by himself. Though that annoys me for another reason because IDK why Felicity can't be Overwatch. Baffling tbh.

31 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Alternative theory is that Oliver goes on the run at the end of the season, whether to protect himself or the others. It would fit with what DR said about Oliver being all alone (Felicity wouldn’t be able to go with him because she’ll be William’s last guardian) and the hair/beard could be part of his disguise.

I had predicted awhile ago that Oliver would go to jail or on the run. At the time I thought it was because Oliver would be outed as GA.  I think either is still possible but for different reasons.

Of course it's also possible that they keep the whole I must be alone to do the job crap going to S7.

It really is dumb, I don't have a problem with trimming the fat and getting rid of some of the team. I have a problem with spending 6 years of Oliver learning he needs others just for the show to change it's mind in S6. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, tv echo said:

Conjugal visits?

hahaha obviously not going to happen but your comment made me crack up at the prospect of them giving us Olicity dessert in jail but not outside in nice surroundings.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Nothing really dies in Arrow so I expect to have Oliver's island wig and beard back again. 

Ew. Diggle hanging out with Dinah, the person who happily agreed to hack his chip and disable him. No thanks.

One thing that we haven’t seen in other Superhero shows is the hero going to jail because of being the hero.  Barry was framed as Barry.  Diggle as Diggle.  Maybe Oliver isn’t outed as the GA but he is convicted?  

I do think something will happen so William has to go live with his grandparents, some scheme DDDiaz puts in motion and probably at least some kind of threat against Felicity, probably in 622

I wonder if Diggle joins forces with NTA as DR teased.

2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

That's what I was thinking.It explains why they have suddenly brought up Felicity's company again since she'll be left behind with William and will need a way to support them.  Diggle will be working for ARGUS and thus not back with Oliver yet.

I feel sorry for poor Oliver, forced to be away from his family, now that he finally has one, through no fault of his own. I wonder if we find out in 7x01that he's hooked up with Roy over the summer.

Fortunately a Van Dyke can be undone.

6 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I was going to take a break with this ep and they drop the damn kiss in the trailer!!! 

That's how you know, they're not entirely stupid.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Fortunately a Van Dyke can be undone.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that one! Either going to jail or running away can both be undone. So I'm stumped again...

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wonder if Diggle joins forces with NTA as DR teased.

I really, really don't want this to happen. I, as a viewer, would feel some sort of betrayal. Does that sound melodramatic? Yes. Do I care? No. 

• Love 6

I don't know how DR is fanwanking it, but I'm seeing it as Diggle's head being really messed up.  Between the injury and 3D's drugs which may have affected him, and the loss of who he is.  Even the role of soldier is lost to him now.

In season 1, Diggle joined Oliver to help keep him sane while he was losing bits of himself.  Oliver doesn't need him to do that any more, if anyone on the Team has his head on straight, it's Oliver.  Oliver also has his job as mayor, and is happy with his family.  Lyla is running ARGUS. Even Felicity is working on her start-up.

I think Diggle is wandering trying to find himself. That's why if he teams up with NTA for a mission, I wouldn't see it as a betrayal of Oliver.

• Love 1

After watching this episode, I am so afraid that they are actually killing Quentin off. I really enjoyed Oliver and his scenes this episode. He is essentially the only parent figure this show has left. The only way, I'd be ok with his death is if PB wants to move on. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Belinea said:

After watching this episode, I am so afraid that they are actually killing Quentin off. I really enjoyed Oliver and his scenes this episode. He is essentially the only parent figure this show has left. The only way, I'd be ok with his death is if PB wants to move on. 

which is so disappointing because of how poorly written he has been  esp this season. I've wanted him dead and gone until last night, I realized how much Oliver would need someone like Quentin around. I am hoping he wants to leave and perhaps to try new endeavors. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Ew. Diggle hanging out with Dinah, the person who happily agreed to hack his chip and disable him. No thanks.

Well, she's jobless and boyfriendless, so according to Dig's current batshit set of criteria, she makes a better leader than Oliver.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

Well, she's jobless and boyfriendless, so according to Dig's current batshit set of criteria, she makes a better leader than Oliver.

giphy.gif

??

MG uses the word "game-changer" to describe the season finale (eyeroll)...

Entertainment Weekly - Superhero Insider: The Flash, Black Lightning and Special Guest Marc Guggenheim
April 13, 2018   Natalie Abrams & Kyle Anderson
https://soundcloud.com/ewradio/superhero-insider-the-flash-black-lightning-and-special-guest-marc-guggenheim

-- On the Arrow S6 finale, MG: "Its going to be interesting. It's a very - you know, I've been saying, it's an unconventional kind of finale. Um, it still feels very much like a season finale. Um, you know, when I first started talking about it, we hadn't written the darn thing yet. Uh, but now we've written it and, um, we're in prep on it and on Monday we start shooting... It's a real game-changer. Um, you know, the show, you know,  fundamentally changes in the finale. Um, and I think you'll see, there's stuff that we were seeding back in the season premiere that finally comes to fruition, um, here in the season finale. Um, so you'll see there was a very specific plan to the entire season. Um, we always knew that we were headed in - we always knew this is where we were headed to. Um, so we, you know, in hopefully subtle ways, you know, have been teasing this all along without you realizing it. I hope that people are surprised but also look back and go, 'oh, that kind of was the only way they could've ended the season.'"

-- On SA's comment that there's something they definitely cannot undo at the end of this season, MG: "Yes, that is exactly true. In fact, um, you know, it's the kind of game-changer that... we're not going to buy back, you know, at any time. Like, it fundamentally changes the show."

-- On whether they've already started talking about next year's crossover event, MG: "Yes, we actually have started talking about it. We've had our earliest meetings, uh - like, we've never met with the studio as early as we have this year. We've tried to get out as far in front of it as humanly possible... We have a germ of an idea, um, kind of know what the shape of it's going to be. Um, there's still a whole lot of work left to do. Um, but given the fact that the writing of the crossover usually happens in late August, early September, um, we're so far ahead of the game. We're literally a good, you know, five months ahead of the game. That's a really nice place to be."

Stephen Amell Instagram Live | April 12th 2018
Published on Apr 13, 2018, by CelebritiesOnInstaSnap

-- On 619, SA: "It [618] mirrors an episode where I have less screen time than I've ever had ever, which is coming up next week... That was peculiar as well." 

-- On what we can expect in S7, SA: "Well, assuming Oliver survives, you can expect - alright, since this doesn't live that long and since no one will parce it and prove that I said it, I think that you can expect a different hairstyle from Oliver. Does that make sense? A different hairstyle. All around. (Gestures with hand around head) An all-around different hairstyle." 

-- SA: "I'm finishing up Season 6 on April 26, and then I've got a really cool tour. I'm going around the world. Where am I going to be during the break? I'm going to be in Walla Walla, Louisville, Kentucky, Los Angeles, California, Nashville, Tennessee, uh, Manhattan, New York, um, Philadelphia, Detroit, London, Amsterdam, Istanbul, uh, some island in some location somewhere, Singapore, Sydney, back to L.A., into Toronto, back to L.A., and then we have to start up again. Just like that. It's going to be great. I'm going to be standing on the set of Episode 1 going, 'Was I here? Did I leave?' 'What's happening now?' But that's okay." He will not be doing a movie during the break. There have been opportunities, but he said that this season has been "challenging" and that he wanted to take a break and spend time with his family and have fun.

• Love 1

I have no idea what kind of ending can fulfill all of these descriptions, some fit certain ones better than others. Although, tbh from the way MG is phrasing what SA meant, it more sounds like they are just doing their typical "something in the finale influences where they go forward in the show" type of fundamental change rather than an actual "nothing will ever be the same" change

Edited by way2interested

What seed did they plant in episode 1 of season 6?  That was so long ago. I always feel like MG says this to justify the bad parts of the season in the middle.

48 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Um, so you'll see there was a very specific plan to the entire season. Um, we always knew that we were headed in - we always knew this is where we were headed to.

Kind of like: 'See!! We knew what we were doing. So the execution was lazy but you can't say that we didn't have an outline, why are you still complaining?!' Also, for a writer, he doesn't seem to have more words in his vocabulary to describe the episodes other than 'game-changer'.

I am hoping that Oliver doesn't run away solo because I'd hate for William and Felicity to be left behind and then next season for them to have to rebuild trust again. If he took them with ok. But I'd hate for him to do a S1-S2 disappearing act. 

Again, what is the truly awful, awful obsession with this stupid beard? It looks sorta dumb in the comics too. I doubt even SA can make it work. Sorry, but it just isn't something anyone needs. If you need GA to have the awful beard, you can read a comic or watch a cartoon. On the other hand, give him the beard, let everyone complain about his stupid look and then everyone will be glad to see it gone. I don't mean to offend people who like the beard, I just don't think this is what the show truly needs. 

And last but not least, it is always a treat that a show called Arrow doesn't feature its main character after an episode that made you realize that all the show needs to truly work is Oliver's presence with additional scenes of those he cares most about. What a great idea.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 5

I'm anticipating the facial hair to be as much of a hit as the sleeves Arrow suit was.  It feels like they keep trying to go to the comics to appease the fanboys and it always fails.

22 minutes ago, Belinea said:

And last but not least, it is always a treat that a show called Arrow doesn't feature its main character after an episode that made you realize that all the show needs to truly work is Oliver's presence with additional scenes of those he cares most about. What a great idea.

I understand that they can't just focus on just three or four characters but the longer the show goes on, the worse the fail with the new characters are.  Unless there was bts stuff with Willa Holland, it was a huge mistake not using Thea and Quentin more.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, tv echo said:

On 619, SA: "It [618] mirrors an episode where I have less screen time than I've ever had ever, which is coming up next week... That was peculiar as well." 

What SA wanted to say: Don’t bother watching next week’s episode, guys! I’m not in it!

I’m curious about when he means by least screentime ever, because in 310 he was basically playing dead and shown for maybe 30 seconds total. Either SA is being forgetful or exaggerating, or the 5 seconds in the promo is all we’ll get of him.

• Love 6

They should do a Halloween episode where Oliver goes full robin hood/GA, give him a really blonde wig, the tights w/undies over them, the tacky beard, and little hat with a feather so everyone can see how utterly ridiculous it'll look. 

I wasn't planning on watching 19 live because Dragon is just too awful and lame, but I am kinda curious about the ep so we'll see. 

Game changer is MG's favorite way to describe season finales, so that means we've probably already know what's gonna happen lol.

green.jpg

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, tv echo said:

-- On SA's comment that there's something they definitely cannot undo at the end of this season, MG: "Yes, that is exactly true. In fact, um, you know, it's the kind of game-changer that... we're not going to buy back, you know, at any time. Like, it fundamentally changes the show."

Maybe he ends up losing his arm after all? Even though MG is the master of overstating things, going to jail or running away doesn't really seem that monumental. 

12 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

What SA wanted to say: Don’t bother watching next week’s episode, guys! I’m not in it!

I’m curious about when he means by least screentime ever, because in 310 he was basically playing dead and shown for maybe 30 seconds total. Either SA is being forgetful or exaggerating, or the 5 seconds in the promo is all we’ll get of him.

Perhaps he blocked out the S3 BC arc? Many did.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

The only other thing I can think of is Oliver outing himself.

I just wouldn't know how it would fit with Oliver needing a new hairstyle or how 601 is subtly setting it up when it was the cliffhanger of the episode and the fact that it was a subplot for a good portion of 6a (unless he's confusing the word "subtle" with something not so subtle).

11 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I know SA said it's not happening but maybe he'd lie to cover something so big.

And it's just again it feels very out of character for SA to just blatantly lie. There have been big and small spoiler things on the show before that people ask him about and he'll comment on while still trying to hide what's going on. Literally the only time off hand I can remember when he lied was just promoting current storylines (like the whole "I'm dead," "everyone's dead" PR lines, and even then he started talking in hypothetical in terms of Oliver and Felicity and the team, etc.).  It could be that the exchange went differently and this is all wrong though.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1

Game changer? I'm still waiting on those promised game changers from a couple of seasons ago. LOL. Most overused words ever!

IDK, I don't think there's anything they can do which would change the show completely, short of killing off a couple of the originals. But they had the chance to do that at the end of s5 and look how that turned out. I don't see Oliver going to prison or losing his arm as game changing either because we know they'll be "fixed," as it were. Even getting outed as GA wouldn't necessarily change much outside of a few episodes where they handle everyone knowing. So IDK.

Edited by Guest
32 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I just wouldn't know how it would fit with Oliver needing a new hairstyle or how 601 is subtly setting it up when it was the cliffhanger of the episode and the fact that it was a subplot for a good portion of 6a (unless he's confusing the word "subtle" with something not so subtle).

He could be convicted for being the Green Arrow, so he'd be in jail during hiatus.

All I remember from 6x01 (other than wanting to punch Rene) was that Lance said Siren wanted to kill him because he shot her, they faced off again and she told him if the roles were reversed she'd kill him.... and a picture of Oliver in the GA suit on the news at the end of the episode. Other than that I got nothing. I guess Siren killing Lance is something they can't undo, but I would think whatever it is has to do with Oliver.

32 minutes ago, way2interested said:

And it's just again it feels very out of character for SA to just blatantly lie. There have been big and small spoiler things on the show before that people ask him about and he'll comment on while still trying to hide what's going on. Literally the only time off hand I can remember when he lied was just promoting current storylines (like the whole "I'm dead," "everyone's dead" PR lines, and even then he started talking in hypothetical in terms of Oliver and Felicity and the team, etc.).  It could be that the exchange went differently and this is all wrong though.

But it would also be out of character for him to give something so big away. If I'm not mistaken, the person asked if he'd have an Iron Man moment and he probably won't. Maybe the only reason he's outed is because he gets convicted, it's the only thread that has been dangling throughout the season I can think of. That said, they could pull mickey mouse of out their ass and think it's genius so who knows.

And btw did we ever find out who leaked the picture of Oliver in the GA suit in the premier? Wasn't it the same person that fakes him killing Cayden's son? Are we to believe Dragon did it? There are a few eps I didn't bother watching.

Edited by JJ928
3 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

If I'm not mistaken, the person asked if he'd have an Iron Man moment and he probably won't. Maybe the only reason he's outed is because he gets convicted

The person asked "Does Oliver get outed as GA?" And SA said "no." They then followed up with "so he doesn't get his Iron Man moment?" and SA replied with "definitely not"

But looking at it I think it would fit more with the jail theory, maybe not outed outed but arrested for the presumption of being GA, which I guess is different, but then it pulls in the whole "how is undoable" thing into play.

• Love 1

@way2interested If he serves time for being GA and his old crimes, then he can't be convicted again. However, that won't protect him from future crimes he commits, but since Arrow has never cared for the law (and I am no expert) I'm sure they'll gloss over that. I guess it'd be undoable if in season 7 when he's released, he decides to be the GA, out in the open. Maybe he'll lose the mask and just keep the hood, a nod to season 1 (no grease paint needed). Maybe Watson will get him a deal on a shorter sentence, because for his crime he'd be going away longer than 5 months. Honestly, I don't really know. I'm trying to think of what's logical according to spoilers but Arrow never goes with logic so anything is possible. 

• Love 1

It's difficult to guess based on their parameters. Not much can't be changed on this show. Death isn't even permanent anymore. MG doesn't know what the words game changer mean so I disregard everything he says. Maybe he gets convicted and serves time? No pardoning or escaping, but he gets out on good behavior at the beginning of S7. Have there been other convicted felon superheroes? Really though, I've got nothing, and I won't be surprised an iota if whatever happens has already been guessed on this board and definitely out there in onlineland. 

• Love 2

From HVFF-Chicago on April 8...

Stephen Amell Panel (FULL) @ Heroes & Villains Fan Fest 2018
Published on Apr 12, 2018, by Wayward Fanboy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF7XUkEJ_9c

-- On everyone leaving the team and how no one is gone for good, SA: "Of course, you never know with this show. We just reintroduced a bunch of Lazarus Pits that are mysteriously placed around the world... We have at least two appearances in the last, I guess, five, six episodes of the season, um, by characters who are decidedly dead. And there are no flashbacks this year. So figure that one out. Really, figure it out."

-- On S7, SA: "I know very much where Oliver begins next year, whereas at the end of Season 5, I didn't know where we were going to pick it up. I think we will do what we typically do, which is, we do a basic time cut. So if we wrap up Season 6 in May, when we find our characters in Season 7, we will be in October, um, I know - again, I know where Oliver begins the year. And I know that it is something on the show - more so than anything that we've ever done, more so than blowing up the island - it is something on the show that we can never undo. If that makes sense. And if it doesn't make sense, even better." 

-- On what he forsees for Oliver & Felicity in S7, SA: "Do they both survive Season 6? You sure? No, I'm kidding. Um, I don't know... I feel the dynamic of them having to parent has been interesting. Um, whatever they do, I just hope that they both trust each other. That's all. And I hope that - I feel like we've kept enough secrets on the show - or at least Oliver's kept enough secrets. So I would hope that - I would hope that he has finally learned his lesson from that perspective and that he is, um - whatever they do, they rely on each other to make each other better, because I think that that's the most dynamic place that we could take it."

-- Fan: "On a scale of Felicity & Oliver drive off into the sunset to 'Oh my god, everybody's dead,' what's my angst level going to be during the five-month hiatus?"  SA: "I think, for one of the first times, it's not a - there's not a dread, you know. I can go through the years, right? Like, okay, the end of Season 1, the Undertaking happens. That's bad. The city blew up. Tommy died. Boo hoo. Actual tears at the moment. The end of Season 2, you know, Oliver - where's he gonna take it from here? He's had this epic battle with Slade Wilson, his arch nemesis, and, you know, he's sort of become more of a three-dimensional person. So where's he going to go? You know, Season 3. Driving off. Are they going to bring Oliver back? Season 4, you know, uh, sort of killing Damian Dahrk and deciding that there's got to be more than one path here and starting to inspire people. That was interesting. And then Season 5, like, oh god, what are they going to do? Angst. I think that more than any other finale that we've ever done, you're going to want to know how we are going to begin Season 7, and how the dynamics have changed, by the way that we end Season 6."

Edited by tv echo

Everything seems to point to getting sent to jail as the GA.   Could season 7 start with Oliver paroled with a deal through ARGUS?  What if next season Oliver reports to Diggle? 

(edited)

EVERY season finale is a game changer. MG really needs to come up with a new term.

As for different hair, if he's going to jail or on the run (especially) I could see it. If he's on the run he has to dye his hair? Or maybe we find out (after he's in prison) that Oliver has been dying his hair all along and he's been grey for years LOL.

Or hell, just go full on comics and give him big bird yellow ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
26 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Could season 7 start with Oliver paroled with a deal through ARGUS?

Diggle makes Lyla wait 5 months to get Oliver out so he can have some time under that sweet, sweet hood.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 15