Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I've been wondering how the trial is going to work out - after the end of last episode, I'm guessing Oliver's trial is about the obstruction of justice? Then...does he get tried again on the other charges in a later episode or will they somehow combine the two together? Could they manage to get all the charges dropped based on the DA being in Diaz's pocket? If so, then him coming out as the Green Arrow wouldn't make much sense because couldn't he then be charged for crimes as the Green Arrow AGAIN (unless I guess something happens where he becomes a hero and saves the city and vigilantism and the murder(s - i can't remember) they're charging him with are a-okay)? 

Maybe the president will remember that time Oliver did the world a solid and helped save it, and she’ll pardon him.  People have to admit to the crime in order to get a pardon, no? That could be a reason for him to admit to being GA. 

• Love 4

Re David tweets

Didn't he go back and forth over the crossover wedding when he was giving spoilers? Or would say one thing at one con that would conflict slightly with something he say at another con? 

Im not saying there's no truth but I think there's probably a context here that we are missing and Davids not sharing. Alone can mean many things. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Maybe the president will remember that time Oliver did the world a solid and helped save it, and she’ll pardon him.  People have to admit to the crime in order to get a pardon, no? That could be a reason for him to admit to being GA. 

You don't necessarily have to admit to a crime to receive a pardon. But, generally speaking, if you're called to testify under oath about it later, you can't plead the 5th Amendment, so you either have to admit to it or perjure yourself.

I'm puzzled and I've updated myself reading the thread. 

So does DR mean Oliver is alone at the end of this season or the next few eps?

Freaking out! Where is Felicity then? Unless they count as a 2 for 1 deal so him being alone means he's got no other team besides the wife.

Maybe Oliver gets Outed as GA and is forced to go on the run (like Roy)?

Of course there's a total logic fail in that Oliver coming out as GA, doesn't bring EVERYONE else down with him. However, it is Arrow so I wouldn't be shocked.

(edited)

We were thinking that the big decision at the end of next episode is that he turns himself in/reveals he’s GA, but maybe it’s just that he steps down from being a mayor (which would nip the impeachment process in the bud). Though I’m not sure if that qualifies as a thing that “can never be undone.” But it makes sense for them to save the big GA reveal until the finale. 

If he outs himself in the finale, maybe he disbands the team first to avoid the others being implicated, which would make him “alone.” (Not that the others couldn’t still be tried for their past crimes, but logic has no place in this season.)

Edited by Trisha

I'd point out too that this is only coming from one source so far and I'm not sure how reliable they are since their account byline says they broke up with The CW which I assume means they don't watch The CW/Arrow.

Other people have been tweeting about David telling people they (I'm assuming Oliver and the team)  get broken up to get brought back together. So there is either conflicting spoilers or a context missing that may not necessarily mean the worst. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe it's not even bad at math it's just that he doesn't care because the storyline is so shit. LMAO. 

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Lol I would think it's hilarious if he legitimately somehow meant 702. How specific and forward-thinking is that? Instead of saying "next year" or "carry on beyond the hiatus," it's "yep, until about 702. This is pretty long."

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2
(edited)

-- Interviewer: "Is there any female superhero or anybody you would like to see Diggle with permanently?"
-- Audience (shouting): "Lyla!"
-- DR: "Which you might be seeing more of. It's always been another great relationship to have on the show, next to the Oliver and Felicity relationship. So you'll see a lot more of Lyla. If we could get Lyla full-time, it'd be awesome."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

I wouldn't be surprised if this season ends with DDDragon firmly in control of Star City and as its new Mayor. Then S7 would be a season-long fight against Diaz (the S7 Big Bad) and would be about taking back the city. Speculating...

In 623, Diggle is still with ARGUS and the newbies are still fighting crime as their own team. Oliver has been exposed as the GA. Diaz visits Oliver in jail and says that he can get him out of jail if Oliver will agree to work for him. Oliver refuses. Diaz then threatens William and Felicity (because that's his M.O.). But Oliver has already anticipated this threat. So the season ends with a shot of a car driving along a highway leaving Star City (reminiscent of the end of S3). However, it's Felicity and William in the car. Oliver had asked Felicity to take William into hiding and to use her hacker skills to erase their whereabouts.

Then I'd want a Season 6.5 tie-in novel about the adventures of Felicity and William on the run from Diaz's minions, while Oliver fights to survive in prison against multiple attempts on his life, fashioning weapons out of everyday stuff he finds around the prison.

When S7 begins, the DDDragon empire is threatening to spread to other cities. Oliver is officially pardoned (by the feds or the President) and given legal authority to fight Diaz's criminal organization.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

“The conflict between Oliver and Diggle lasts for 8 episodes (i.e. until the end of the season).” Eh, the math i still wonky. Furthermore, I don’t like it and it doesn’t make sense for a fabricated conflict.

Perhaps David started counting from the episode where Diggle started acting weird and the whole hood issue seemed to come up again?  So two episodes ago + six to go would be the eight he keeps referencing.  

Or he, like many of us, finds the whole story line so stupid it seems even longer than it is.  

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I don’t get this. Two characters are really dead, yet they appear, but not in flashbacks. If he’s talking about the next episode, I get the hallucination aspect. If he actually is talking about the last episode, I’m confused.

(edited)

-- SA: "I think that we will do what we typically do, which is, we do a basic time cut. So if we wrap up Season 6 in May, when we find our characters in Season 7 in October, um, I know - again, I know where Oliver begins the year. And I know that it is something on the show - more so than anything that we've ever done, more so than blowing up the island - it is something on the show that we can never undo. If that makes sense. And if it doesn't make sense, even better."

Edited by tv echo
39 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I don’t get this. Two characters are really dead, yet they appear, but not in flashbacks. If he’s talking about the next episode, I get the hallucination aspect. If he actually is talking about the last episode, I’m confused.

I can’t find the tweet but someone else said he was referring to this week’s episode, so probably Tommy and Chase. 

Also:

Not the story  ha!

• Love 3

It really sounds like Oliver is going to put himself as the Green Arrow. Great comic book and movie stuff, terrible for a 23 episode per year TV show.

I can see 3-D being mayor and wanting to take over everything as good comic book stuff and it might be interesting with a stronger actor. But can they really not have noticed that KA is the weakest Big Bad they've had on the show yet? There's no way he can carry that weight through season 7.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Not the story  ha!

As someone who hated the 100th (apart from the scene of Oliver tearfully saying goodbye to his parents), I really appreciate this. That story sucked. ?

Sidelined from much of the action, his character being constantly yelled at for stuff that ISN’T his fault for once,  plotlines that don’t make sense, characters not acting in character, a weak big bad, and the season ends with something that can’t be undone and leaves you wondering how they handle it next year.   What’s not to love?

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Maybe I am just putting too much thought into this and I could be totally wrong but it feels to me as though SA doesn't really care for S6. Am I just imagining it?

No one likes it, IMO. DR looked so done with it all in that OTA panel yesterday. And I've never known SA to hint or admit, during filming, how unhappy he is or be unable to defend the writing. Usually he waits until the season is over to admit there were problems. So that kinda says a lot, IMO.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

LOL. And she's a really bad person!

And she might be/is sleeping with a bad guy while studying law?

BTW: How many old friends does Oliver have exactly? 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 8