Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Cool pic...I hope for the second part it isn't just Grant (and I guess Danielle, Carlos and Tom since they're his "team") on Arrow. I want full on crossover...like Thea interacting with Iris. 

Also seeing everyone posing by having some sort of physical contact except Danielle semi-awkwardly by herself..is funny to me somehow. 

Edited by wingster55

I don't mind Felicity being in danger once or twice, it's pretty much an occupational hazard. It would fortify Oliver's stance in not letting anyone close to him, which is probably what will make him encourage Felicity to go out with Ray or someone. 

Isn't Cupid obsessed with Arrow though, not Oliver? There are bigger problems afoot if she manages to figure out that Felicity's working with Arrow. If I had to bet, I'd say Felicity's safe this ep, unless we have yet another villain infiltrating the SUPER SECRET foundry. If so, it's going to become the new Laurel's apartment.

• Love 4

If I recall or remember correctly.

SMH was a recent one for me...because seriously when people use it, I always supplied So Much Hate...it just fits...sadly wasn't right.

Ha, yes, I just learned that one myself. :)

if i recall correctly

LOL I don't get how Cupid of all  villains gets a 2 episode arch.

Because she's Andrew Kriesburg's pet creation?

Cool pic...I hope for the second part it isn't just Grant (and I guess Candace, Carlos and Tom since they're his "team") 

I'm guessing you mean Danielle not Candace? Candice is Iris, his BFF/foster sister or whatever, and I agree! I hope more Flash characters come on to Arrow I want a full on crossover! But I guess it could get a little crowded. 

Because she's Andrew Kriesburg's pet creation?

Haha that's probably it. The characters was completely made up by him right? 

Edited by ban1o

I'm wondering just how involved those scenes are though. I still think the 'meat' of his storyline comes later.

That interview made me laugh. He is really self-aware. 

and it made me like him - Brandon Routh that is. I like people who are self aware and not delusional like a certain someone who gets discussed a lot here on this forum.

• Love 3

Ooof, those two ladies (together) have written 3 Season 2 eps I'm not that fond of: Blind Spot, Time of Death and Seeing Red. Isn't 3x07 supposed to be the Cupid episode?

Oh no. Blind Spot and Time of Death were two of the worst episodes of the season IMO. Well that's not good. :(

• Love 1

Isn't the Tockman supposed to show up in Central City on the Flash part of the episode?  I'd rather the crossover is about him, and Cupid goes after Roy.  Boy needs some action now that Thea has rejected him.

Tockman shows up in Flash 1x07. And Captain Boomerang [who's one of the biggest Flash villains in the comics] first shows up in Arrow 3x07 [so that episode has Cupid and CB]. The crossover is F1x08 + A3x08, so I'm thinking this villain crossing over thing in the previous episodes of each show might be the set up for the joint team op.

Edited by dancingnancy

Doesn't Cupid target villains in the comics as a way of "helping" GA? I thought she captured Merlyn and then tried to get GA to kill him.  I think this is how she tries to show her love/admiration in the comics.  Would they really have her targeting Arrow's friends & family?  Wouldn't that be a redux of Slade but on a smaller scale?

Edited by Sunshine

So cupid will be in 3x06 and 3x07, whereas Boomerang will be in 3x07 and 3x08.  And 3x06 also has Nyssa and most probably Sara. It doesn't look like Cupid will be a big threat to Oliver. Maybe a side plot.

On the other hand another Spartacus alum on Arrow. Why am I not surprised? Just waiting for Ellen Hollman to appear.

ellen-hollman_1.jpg

I been wondering if we will see a Captain Boomerang and Clock King team up for the crossover event. 

Robert Knepper will reprise the role of William Tockman (aka The Clock King) in Episode 7 of The Flash, TVLine has learned exclusively. The Clock King is the first villain to show up in both Starling and Central City, having faced off against Oliver and company in Arrow‘s Season 2 episode “Time of Death.”
But wait, it gets worse; The Clock King won’t be working alone!
Clock KIng Arrow“We wanted to give Barry a real challenge… TWO bad guys!” says executive producer Andrew Kreisberg, adding that Barry will be “fighting both a new enemy and one of our scariest and most successful Arrow villains in The Clock King.”

Hopefully the writers will keep their female OOC stuff limited to mostly Cupid.

Also, just how big of a cast did Spartacus have?

SMH was a recent one for me...because seriously when people use it, I always supplied So Much Hate...it just fits...sadly wasn't right.

So I just now had to look up SMH and both Shaking My Head AND So Much Hate were given as the answer so ...context?

• Love 2

Ooof, those two ladies (together) have written 3 Season 2 eps I'm not that fond of: Blind Spot, Time of Death and Seeing Red. Isn't 3x07 supposed to be the Cupid episode?

Oh no.  3 of my least favorite episodes of season 2. I don't have much faith that these writers will handle a female-stalker story well at all.  SMH. <-- Which I only learned about through my kids, over the summer

• Love 1
So I just now had to look up SMH and both Shaking My Head AND So Much Hate were given as the answer so ...context?

Oh, when I looked it up, the answer was Shake My Head, I didn't see So Much Hate as a viable option...woohoo I guessed right ;)

I wondered if Captain Boomerang would show up on Flash as part of the Crossover but I figured if he did it would be Flash 108

Arrow 307 -> Flash 108 -> Arrow 308.

If he's in Flash 307 then it would go

Flash 107 -> Arrow 307 -> slip Flash 108 -> Arrow 308?  Unless he's in all 4?  

All I've heard about the crossover is that the events at the end of 307 lead TA to Central City for Flash 108 and then something that happens in 108 lets them know that it's bigger than Central City and they rush back to Starling for 308.  I kind of always figured the visit to CC would be prompted by a phone call or something they see on the News.

Edited by Morrigan2575

We were kind of talking about this is the media section, but who do you think will know Barry is The Flash. Roy never met Barry so do you think they'll tell him? Only Ollie, Felicity and Diggle are in the Flash portion of the cross-over but I wonder if any of the other main cast will interact with Barry in the Arrow portion? 

Also now that I`m curious I wonder is something happens with Roy that changes his status on the team which is why he doesn`t tag along to Central City. Of course it could just be that he doesn`t tag along because he doesn`t know Barry/The Flash but since he is technically on `Team Arrow` I wonder if in 3x06 his position on the team  changed. 

I didn't care for Blind Spot, but I liked Time of Death a lot and Seeing Red for all the Moira (/sobs) stuff. I think those writers actually wrote good female characterizations for Sara, Felicity, Thea and Moira.  They wrote three dimensional characters with problems that were some of their own making, solved their own problems, helped others and were helped by others and were all ultimately heroic.

• Love 1

Also now that I`m curious I wonder is something happens with Roy that changes his status on the team which is why he doesn`t tag along to Central City. Of course it could just be that he doesn`t tag along because he doesn`t know Barry/The Flash but since he is technically on `Team Arrow` I wonder if in 3x06 his position on the team  changed. 

It might have ... at least in his mind.  Assuming he finds out about the cop he killed under the influence of Mirakuru in 3.06 from some source other than the Trio, it wouldn't be inconceivable that he would place some distance between himself and them.   

Edited by Sunshine

My issue with Time of Death was its placement. We had already seen Felicity and Sara interact in the Foundry and everything was cool. Felicity wasn't insecure and Sara wasn't so super woman (analyzing blood? really?). So for Felicity to suddenly have a crisis of worth? It doesn't add up. 

It didn't help that this was right after Oliver/Sara hook up. It was like the writers were saying it just about Felicity's place on the team, but really its about Oliver/Sara and how she feels about that.

If they wanting us to buy Felicity's insecurity, they should have played it earlier on in Felicity and Sara's interactions. It would have made a lot more sense to me.

• Love 1

Sara wasn't so super woman (analyzing blood? really?)

I don't think analyzing blood was such a big deal for Sara. she spent one year on amazo helping Dr. Ivo carry out his research and helping him out with the experiments that he conducted. And regarding Felicity, it was conceivable that she was concerned about her position on the Team, at least they didn't make her jealous of the relationship. 

Edited by abhi
  • Love 3

My issue with Time of Death was its placement. We had already seen Felicity and Sara interact in the Foundry and everything was cool. Felicity wasn't insecure and Sara wasn't so super woman (analyzing blood? really?). So for Felicity to suddenly have a crisis of worth? It doesn't add up. 

It didn't help that this was right after Oliver/Sara hook up. It was like the writers were saying it just about Felicity's place on the team, but really its about Oliver/Sara and how she feels about that.

If they wanting us to buy Felicity's insecurity, they should have played it earlier on in Felicity and Sara's interactions. It would have made a lot more sense to me.

Oh my word thank you. Someone else who thinks Sara's apparent super powers consisted of graduating from Nanda Parbat with a science degree. It seemed so sudden and had no build up that my wonderful Felicity had this insecure even child-like appearance. And what's worse, she was treated as such too.

It absolutely looked even worse after the Sara-Oliver hookup because Sara's seemed to be the new bitch in the foundry. And by bitch I mean boss. Like a boss.

• Love 2

I think it was conceivable that she was concerned about her placement on the team. But they didn't make that an issue until after Oliver and Sara hooked up. I would have preferred if they brought it up before.

Although I liked Sara sometimes I thought she was too Mary Sue and good at everything and didn't really make sense. I'm actually glad she's in a limited role this year, because Oliver is supposed to be the main character and Sara is pretty much the female Oliver and with all the focus on her in 2B they were effectively co-leads. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 4

Child-Like is a good description for Felicity in that episode. Ugh I hated that.

It felt very much like thats make Felicity insecure so we are going to amp up Sara's Awesome (and don't get me wrong, I do think she is awesome) and play up Felicity's youth. All leading up to the "You will always be my girl." I cringe every time I watch that moment cause it felt like such a pat on the hand.

It was just a little heavy handed. 

• Love 5

Or it could be that they decide someone needs to stay home to 'mind the shop' as it were (although I'd probably chose Dig in that case).

I think it was conceivable that she was concerned about her placement on the team. But they didn't make that an issue until after Oliver and Sara hooked up

I think it was an issue because Sara was a new addition to the Team who was as good in combat as anyone and she also had other skills. I don't think Felicity had a problem with the relationship which she told  Diggle about. It's just that Sara was added to the Team around the same time that the hook up happened. 

Although I liked Sara sometimes I thought she was too Mary Sure. and good at everything and didn't really make sense.

I hardly think she was good at everything without making any sense. There were solid reasons for why she was good at those things. She was good at combat because she had 3 years of LOA training. She was good at some of the science stuff because she had helped Dr. Ivo. She was not a typical hero. She constantly suffered with the dilemma of taking a life. 

I have been hearing that the second half of the season was bad. But where are the hard facts? IMDB has rated the second half better than the first half and they have a sample size of around 1500 users. IGN, Emergency awesome and John campea have rated the second half better. Stephen Amell had a poll about the best episodes in Season 2 and the top episodes were the Finale, Seeing Red, Death Stroke , Suicide Squad, The Promise etc, majority from second half of the season.

I also hear that Felicity was sidelined but she had the second most dialogues after Oliver in Season 2 and there were two episodes in second half (Suicide Squad and The Promise ) were she had minimum appearance but that was due to the nature of those episodes.

Edited by abhi

She is very much a female Oliver, which is why I feel her and Oliver couldn't work as a long term romantic relationship. But that is another discussion.

I did really enjoy the hints of friendship between Sara and Felicity. I kinda see them as opposites in the sense that Sara is this really tough shell and is still that vulnerable girl underneath, while Felicity is the reverse: all soft edges and bright colors, but steel underneath.

I hope that EBR and CL have some good interaction this season (and throw in KL). I think it will probably be CL, KC and KL, but one can hope.

**I personally don't think Felicity had a problem with O/S. But I think the writers could have worked the timing better.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 2

Yeah, jumping in here, I never saw Felicity as having a problem with O/S in Time of Death. They easily could have made it that way but Felicity shot it down when Digg made that suggestion and I think her relationship with Digg is the kind where she could have confessed that quietly to him but she didn't. So I think it was purely about feeling inadequate about her position on the team. She doesn't know how to fight but she has computer skills and does all the science work-up so when Sara came in and could fight AND do all that other stuff, she felt insecure. I found that a little hard to believe, especially as she was so certain of her abilities when she thought Walter was going to fire her in s1 and she said as much. I could hand wave it though.

I guess I just didn't like how they handled some things. That 'You're still cute' from Sara was pretty patronizing and I thought it was pretty mean to ask her why she was wearing her leather jacket in front of the guys. She could have taken her aside and asked her quietly. I really felt for her in that moment. Saying that, I wish she hadn't been wearing the jacket at all. It was really unnecessary. 

I didn't hate the 'You'll always be my girl' moment as much as some but it was kinda awkward even though I understood what Felicity was trying to say. I think it was the way SA played it maybe? His smile was kind of condescending. I don't know. I think it was just another instance of them putting a screeching halt to the O/F relationship that had been building quite steadily in the beginning of the season. It was too heavy handed.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Press release for Arrow:

ARROW
“The Calm” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

OLIVER SEARCHES FOR AN IDENTITY BEYOND THE ARROW — With crime in Starling City at an all-time low thanks to the Arrow (Stephen Amell) and his team, Oliver thinks he can finally balance being both the Arrow and Oliver Queen and asks Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) out on a date. However, when a new villain (guest star Peter Stormare) emerges, who has claimed the name Vertigo from the recently deceased Count, Oliver is caught off-guard and someone close to him is hurt. Oliver and a newly suited up Roy (Colton Haynes) take on the Count. Meanwhile, Diggle (David Ramsey) becomes a father, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) is promoted to Captain, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) joins Arrow’s inner circle and Felicity gets a part-time job at a tech store to make ends meet. Also, Oliver fights to regain his company, Queen Consolidated, but comes up against a very worthy opponent – the charming Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh). Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Marc Guggenheim & Jake Coburn (#301). Original airdate 10/8/2014.

• Love 2

Does anyone think that Oliver is going to sleep with Cupid? I really hope not, but considering Oliver has pretty much slept with every other woman in the show, I wouldn't put it past the writers lol

I don't think Stephen Amell would allow it :p

He said that Oliver will be like Lord Varys this season because of his very real feelings for Felicity. 

• Love 3

That answers what Felicity is doing employment wise. 

Do we know if Vertigo is going to be in more episodes? It just seems wrong that Cupid gets two episodes but Peter Stormare is only in one. This sounds like it should be a two-parter.

That answers what Felicity is doing employment wise. 

Do we know if Vertigo is going to be in more episodes? It just seems wrong that Cupid gets two episodes but Peter Stormare is only in one. This sounds like it should be a two-parter.

Count Vertigo is one of Green Arrow's main villains so I assumed he'll show up again. I know a lot of fans were very dissappointed with Seth Gabel's interpretation and are looking forward to this new interpretation so I definitely think he'll be a recurring character. 

So wait. Felicity goes from working at Kord Industries over the 5 month break to taking a part time job at Best Buy to make ends meat? WTF?

It seems like she might be working part time in addition to her regular job? People don't usually work one part time job to make ends meet.