Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The only explanation I will take is that its' a dire situation and Laurel needs info in order to save people's lives. Anything else I will not accept. I hope the writers are being smart with Laurel. 

by smart you mean sticking with her mean streak then yes, I do hope they stick with that.

Please do not make Laurel a holier than thou honorable character because I can take a mean bitchy Katie Cassidy any given Sunday (or Wednesday in case of Arrow) but I cannot take a self righteous virtuous Katie Cassidy, that would be too painful to watch and we have already suffered through enough of that in season 1.

• Love 2

That promo made me excited for everything and the stunts look crazy good! Olicity - YES! Thea training with Malcolm - can't wait! Not sure what Laurel is doing but if they play up to KC's ability to play bitchy, then I am all for it. I just don't buy her as a goody two shoes. The only thing that was missing was Diggle. I need some Diggle spoilers.

And Roy, there was no Roy or Diggle in the promo

Ooops. Oh yeah. Gotta be honest, I'm not the biggest Roy fan. I don't have a problem with him but I don't have much of an impression of him as part of Team Arrow either. I'm hoping that changes this season though!

So Laurel beat up a spoiled rich club owner that didn't even know she was there and a guy in a hospital bed, next she can beat up a kid in a wheelchair. That'll show us that she can kick some ass.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

Don't forget about Slade's minion in the season finale that was holding her hostage. As soon as Sara shot him with something, probably the cure, she punched him and acted like a badass, guess she forgot she was barely even struggling against him while her life was on the line.

• Love 1

Lol Laurel beating up the already downed Mira(cure)ued guy was the most desperate attempt to make Laurel look like a badass after she'd been damseled like twice in 3 episodes (1. She gets hit by a dart that stuns her (funnily enough, no one cared) 2. She gets kidnapped by Slade's goons). 

• Love 1

Right and what we saw from previous times they shot people with the cure, they passed out. So that guy was on his way to passing out so Laurel punched him for no reason. What we've seen is Laurel can beat up people that can't fight back. Great hero in training right there. 

No one cared that Nyssa tranqed her (Sara was standing right there) and no one but Quentin cared that Slade took her. They all had more important things to do like save an entire city. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

It's interesting that with Felicity not being a natural blonde, they hired a blonde to play her mother. I wonder if someone will make a comment about her being a bottle blonde too?

I'd bet that Felicity's mother is a natural blonde, that Felicity's father was (or is) a brunette, and that Felicity's a natural brunette.  Dying her hair even darker could be a rebellion against her mother and wanting to be as different from her mother as possible.  Then becoming a bottle blonde could be a reaction to whatever happened at MIT and a subsequent reconciliation with her mother. 

Regarding Cupid, it's interesting that they're bringing an AK creation to the show... doesn't bode well for Black Canary.  As for whether or not the EPs are introducing too many new characters and trying to do too much in Season 3, I don't think so.  They have to fill 23 episodes.

• Love 1

I've been watching that promo again and the guy Laurel hits in the hospital bed kind of looks like the guy who called Felicity a bitch before she says 'Bitch with wifi' in s2. He also looks like the guy in s1, Martin Somers, although I think someone already mentioned that here. I'm really curious about it though, which surprises me because it's Laurel. I really do want them to turn her character around though.  

Edited by Angel12d

Even if it's the same guy, how does punching him while he's in a hospital bed going to make Laurel look like a badass? That just makes her look like an asshole. Maybe in another episode we can watch Laurel beat the crap out of 5 year olds in a beginner karate class. 

Usually I only consider someone a badass when they can beat someone that fights back.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3

I think she needs to look at how the real badasses on the show react after they beat up people that can actually fight, they don't do the cartoony gestures she does or make those faces. I rewind all her "fight" scenes and laugh and laugh which I don't think is the reaction they're going for. 

Edited by willpwr

So I've been seeing some speculation that the kiss is another fake and that Oliver and Felicity are exchanging information. Possible, yes. Everything is possible. I've been watching that video for an unhealthy amount of time. I think she says his name and then he says hers. Not a lot of time to really exchange information. Body language also indicates no faking to me. I think the kiss is for real, and I'd go as far as saying it might not actually be the first kiss between these two. There seems to be no surprise in Felicity's response to Oliver pulling her in for a kiss, she's even leaning in. Even with a talk beforehand, the moves doesn't seem to indicate the first time for these two.

• Love 1

Y'know, the fact that the show is investing so much in Oliver/Felicity already (and they're not even together yet!) really makes me believe that what SA said during SDCC about Lauriver and Sara/Oliver ships sailing and that there's one girl for Oliver from this point forward. hmmm

Also @SmallScreenDiva, it also seemed like that kiss wasn't their first one. Damn they've been busy the past 8 months. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

So I've been seeing some speculation that the kiss is another fake and that Oliver and Felicity are exchanging information. Possible, yes. Everything is possible. I've been watching that video for an unhealthy amount of time. I think she says his name and then he says hers. Not a lot of time to really exchange information. Body language also indicates no faking to me. I think the kiss is for real, and I'd go as far as saying it might not actually be the first kiss between these two. There seems to be no surprise in Felicity's response to Oliver pulling her in for a kiss, she's even leaning in. Even with a talk beforehand, the moves doesn't seem to indicate the first time for these two.

I too have watched it an embarrassing number of times, and I would bet anything they're saying each other's names. Felicity's smiling, Oliver's closing his eyes - I'd be surprised if there's any kind of threat around. It's real, I have no doubt in my mind; whether their lips actually touch, I have no idea. I'm wondering if it's their first kiss too - I think the EPs are overcompensating a bit for the "fake out" (not that I'm complaining), and I think they might try to surprise the audience who's waiting for that moment by having them kiss before it. Then again, maybe not. I have a feeling the first 20-ish minutes are so are going to be really happy and great. The last? Not so much, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

Also @SmallScreenDiva, it also seemed like that kiss wasn't their first one. Damn they've been busy the past 8 months. 

Why I really really hate the 8 month time jump.  I want to see how the Oliver-on-the-island gets to the Oliver-who-kisses-Felicity-so-easily.

Although if she replies "a date-date?" when he asks her out to dinner, it doesn't seem like there has been that much going on.

So that guy was on his way to passing out so Laurel punched him for no reason. What we've seen is Laurel can beat up people that can't fight back. Great hero in training right there. 

Even if it's the same guy, how does punching him while he's in a hospital bed going to make Laurel look like a badass? That just makes her look like an asshole. Maybe in another episode we can watch Laurel beat the crap out of 5 year olds in a beginner karate class. 

I know it's wrong of me, but the Laurel snarking is one of the most fun things about talking about this show.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Statsgirl, I actually agree. I hate that a lot of their development seems to be offscreen rather than on :/

Oh, come on! You can purchase the season 2.5 comics if you really want to know!

Purchased my subscription yesterday, still mad about it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Yeah, because my favourite form of entertainment is seeing how two characters in a comic book based on the chemistry and interactions of two real-life actors in their roles on a TV show get together.  [eyeroll]

• Love 2

Yeah, because my favourite form of entertainment is seeing how two characters in a comic book based on the chemistry and interactions of two real-life actors in their roles on a TV show get together.  [eyeroll]

Yeah, this was not a good idea from a storytelling perspective, although I would imagine they're making pretty great bank off of it. I'd rather see it, but if it's reading about it or nothing at all, I'll take reading about it, I guess.

• Love 1

Is it only the digital comics that come out tomorrow, and the print edition in October?  (Another stupid decision.)

Is anyone here planning on getting the digital edition?  (Passing along spoilers, please)

Is it only the digital comics that come out tomorrow, and the print edition in October?  (Another stupid decision.)

Is anyone here planning on getting the digital edition?  (Passing along spoilers, please)

The 2.5 comics are Digital Firsts, so they come out tomorrow - the print edition(s) come out in October (I think there are two? IDK).

I subscribed and will be happy to spoil anyone who wants to be spoiled.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

I'm more prone to believe the kiss maybe only happens in Oliver's head than that it's another exchange of information fake out like in Unthinkable. Why would they repeat a gotcha in the exact same way with the exact same characters in the very next episode?

But since usually these promos are filled with images from the early parts of the episode, I'm inclined to believe it's a real kiss.

Also, about the digital comics, I've seen people on Twitter and Tumblr wondering what time exactly they come out. Based on the Smallville digitals here: they usually show up on Comixology around 10-11am EST. I've heard that the Kindle store usually gets them earlier, but I don't have a Kindle tablet, so I can't access that.

For me, I think it was built up on screen for 2 seasons and that's why I completely buy it. I saw them grow to care about each other in IMO mostly organic ways. Oliver had the chance to deny if he really felt that way at the end of Unthinkable and all he did was say they both sold it. And then the look he gives her pretty much told me that he meant it.  

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

I'll be willing to bet that there are at least 2 almost kisses interrupted by someone or something before we get the full kiss in the premiere. I have my doubts that the writers will let the most anticipated kiss happen in a hospital hallway and be shown in the promo.  They love to tease and whip up the fandom so much that I can't see them playing that game for a little bit. Imagine the twitter feeds of everyone freaking out as they lean in and then cursing up a storm when they pull apart, it's a standard trope that I think they will play with but payoff pretty quickly. So my guess is an almost kiss after he asked her on the date, an almost kiss in the hallway of the hospital interrupted by Diggle coming out and telling them Digglet is born and then a real kiss on the date before all hell breaks loose.

• Love 2

I'll be willing to bet that there are at least 2 almost kisses interrupted by someone or something before we get the full kiss in the premiere. I have my doubts that the writers will let the most anticipated kiss happen in a hospital hallway and be shown in the promo.  They love to tease and whip up the fandom so much that I can't see them playing that game for a little bit. Imagine the twitter feeds of everyone freaking out as they lean in and then cursing up a storm when they pull apart, it's a standard trope that I think they will play with but payoff pretty quickly. So my guess is an almost kiss after he asked her on the date, an almost kiss in the hallway of the hospital interrupted by Diggle coming out and telling them Digglet is born and then a real kiss on the date before all hell breaks loose.

oh yes, bring on more kisses, almost kisses, shoulder touches or anything like that. We have waited rather patiently for that. I am SO READY!

Maybe I'm being a pessimist, I dunno, [sORRY!], but Amell's reaction being that he thought the episode had leaked because of the kiss makes me think there may be just one kiss. Also his comment that the kiss is the 8th most important thing that happens, or something like that. Make no mistake, I wanna be wrong about this, the more kissing the better. :) But I'm not seeing it based on Amell's quotes.

The Arrow writers have very little control over promo material. I'd guess that whoever at the CW that made this promo and sent it to the affiliates who ran it either screwed up [since Suzanne Gomez, who is the show's publicist, didn't even know the promo was out there], or some CW exec went over the PR department entirely and told the editors to add the kiss on purpose -- to check out fan reaction and/or create media buzz.

Honestly it seems like something that was leaked. When i first saw an image of the kiss i thought it was a manip. It just seems like something they'd have in the premiere and not the promo. I'm willing to say I doubt it's a fake out because 2 fake outs in the space of 2 episodes is asking for rebellion.

Regardless, they certainly made tumblr die. I still look forward to the other 7 important things.

Maybe I'm being a pessimist, I dunno, [sORRY!], but Amell's reaction being that he thought the episode had leaked because of the kiss makes me think there may be just one kiss. Also his comment that the kiss is the 8th most important thing that happens, or something like that. Make no mistake, I wanna be wrong about this, the more kissing the better. :) But I'm not seeing it based on Amell's quotes.

The Arrow writers have very little control over promo material. I'd guess that whoever at the CW that made this promo and sent it to the affiliates who ran it either screwed up [since Suzanne Gomez, who is the show's publicist, didn't even know the promo was out there], or some CW exec went over the PR department entirely and told the editors to add the kiss on purpose -- to check out fan reaction and/or create media buzz.

I tend to be pessimistic too, but IMO just because he saw that and thought the episode had leaked doesn't necessarily mean there's only one. It just means that because he saw one he thought it got out (because it is strange to me that they'd use it in a promo, but...with all the Olicity/Felicity stuff that gets teased, I guess they've figured out what generates the most buzz). Granted, I don't know the turn of events in the ep, so I'm probably wrong, but it seems like a strange place to put a one and only kiss, given that there's no way they've gone on their date yet. And if he tried it in the middle of a hospital hallway, wouldn't he try it again when he picks her up to go out? IDK. And I think his comment about it being the 8th most important thing that happens (I don't take that literally, btw), just means that there are lots of (non-shippy) things going on in the ep.

So, what could those 8 other things be? Baby Diggle? Sara's return? Vertigo? Ray Palmer? Chief Lance doing something awesome? Oliver seeing the version of himself that scares the shit out of him/causes issues with Diggle? Felicity getting all 'splodey blowed up?

Laurel knocking around a guy wearing a cast in a hospital bed? lmao

• Love 3

I don't think they'd play with the fan base the way they did in the season finale. The kiss is happening! It's not a fake-out. I'd also say there was two kisses only because the kiss in the promo didn't read like a first kiss to me, but I could be wrong. I don't care how many times they kiss though. I'm just so happy they kiss! I haven't rooted for a pairing like this in years. It's pretty exciting. 

Better quality.

Stephen Amell ‏@amellywood 13m

Might I interest you in a brief promo for Season 3?

View media

Retweet
    Favorite

Edited by catrox14

If there is only one kiss in the premier and we have to wait till the end of the season for the next one, it's going to be a good one.  They owe the audience that after the Mansion fake-out.

So, what could those 8 other things be? Baby Diggle? Sara's return? Vertigo? Ray Palmer? Chief Lance doing something awesome? Oliver seeing the version of himself that scares the shit out of him/causes issues with Diggle? Felicity getting all 'splodey blowed up?

That's seven.  Laurel being Oliver's partner, Oliver losing QC to Ray Palmer, Roy's new outfit, Lyla as head of ARGUS ....

It's so completely hilarious that NO ONE at the CW uploaded this video yet, so all media and cast/crew from the show are still going off the videos fans put up on their own. I've been spoiled by WB/UPN/CW promos for so many shows by now that it really doesn't surprise me when they put pivotal character moments in promo. I remember the week before the Smallville series finale, a friend and I were able to put up a completely accurate timeline of all events, going solely from episode stills and video promos.

It's so completely hilarious that NO ONE at the CW uploaded this video yet

That's so weird. Is it a CW promo or did some rogue affiliate in Canada get the premiere, just throw up their hands and be all 'screw it! we're making our own!'

It's probably punching the guy in the hospital bed. It's similar to her interview before the finale where she was excited that Laurel gets to be a badass and all she did was punch a guy that Sara already shot with the cure.

I'm actually wondering how much stunts KC can actually do. Manu said that Canada has really strict stunt rules and he wasn't able to do that much. Lifting weights doesn't prepare you for stunt work, so I don't really think she'll be able to do much anyway. It also makes me wonder if Caity Lotz has some kind of stunt card or license that allows her to her own stunts since she was training to be a stunt person and as done all of her own stunts in her previous work including being a stunt double in one of those Step Up movies.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Wouldn't it depend on what the stunts are?  In 2x02 last year, Oliver swung Felicity out of QC headquarters on a window shade chain and then back into the building again. (Yeah, like that chain would hold their weights).  That would qualify as a stunt along the only thing Felicity (as opposed to EBR) needed to do was hold on.

I'm sorry but they idea of KC doing any stunt work makes me laugh.  She could barely handled fake hitting and fake punching and fake kicking on SPN.

I hope her stunt work consists of Laurel being pushed out of a moving vehicle and then lying in a coma until she dies. I'm sorry but Laurel is just such a problem in the show IMO that giving her stunts is as stupid and ill conceived as anything else they've done.

Just make her the DA who's only superhero power is snark and blackmail.

• Love 3