Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

This was just posted on @ArrowCWTV:

It's a link to the Instagram video that was going around yesterday - looks like that IS Felicity.

That is NOT the official CW FB page. The official page has blue verified tick and over 5 million likes.

Check the typo. Die/dye. If CW is paying someone to run their social media, they would know the difference between die and dye.

Edited by TanyaKay

That is NOT the official CW FB page. The official page has blue verified tick and over 5 million likes.

Check the typo. Die/dye. If CW is paying someone to run their social media, they would know the difference between die and dye.

Jeez, sorry. I was posting from my phone. Deleted.

Edited by apinknightmare
Black hair isn't limited to Goth either - even if no one not born with naturally black hair should ever actually wear black hair. One stylist I spoke to told me she would never do more than the darkest shade of brown but otherwise would happily lie to the customers face and say, yep, it's black if they insisted, lol.

We know blonde isn't her natural color, but I wonder if the black hair is her natural color or if her natural color is something else and she died it black and then changed it to blonde?

(edited)

We know blonde isn't her natural color, but I wonder if the black hair is her natural color or if her natural color is something else and she died it black and then changed it to blonde?

I think the black is a dye job too...that color just screams TV Goth/Edge character. Like Abby on NCIS

Edited by Morrigan2575

Dying her hair black seems like a statement MIT Felicity would make, like QC Felicity wearing super bright lipstick and later bright clothes.

If that is MIT Felicity in the video, then I'm a bit disappointed that they've gone with the familiar Goth look for the computer geek girl.  I mean, there's Abby on NCIS and Chloe on 24, just to name two examples.  It would've been more original if Felicity had this normal, girl-next-door look that screamed National Honor Society but was this computer hacker.  (Hair that black has to be dyed, and Felicity's roots are brown.)

Better a Goth than the mess that is Garcia in Criminal Minds. She's like a playing dress-up nightmare gone wrong.

I don't remember Chloe being a Goth in the early seasons.  And ironically, Pauley Perrette is a natural blonde.

I think it's less about being "goth" and more about having Felicity do a complete 180 looks-wise. Since this show relies a lot upon flashbacks, it's easier visually to have the characters look as different as they can too. Sara with the bangs in her pre-island flashes, 

Sara's pre-island bangs drive me crazy because there's no way they could have grown out by the time Oliver met her again on the Amazo.

One of the things this show does well is crazy villains ... Malcolm Merlyn, mirakuru Slade, Seth Gable's Count....  I think it would be fun to have a crazed villain stalk the Arrow, and maybe meet him in his Oliver Queen identity and not be impressed at all.

Edited by statsgirl
Sara's pre-island bangs drive me crazy because there's no way they could have grown out by the time Oliver met her again on the Amazo.

Another thing that drives me crazy is Oliver's hair growing out and yet somehow he can trim his beard. Slade must've been super pissed about Oliver's relationship with Shado and not let him borrow his scissors, because Slade was able to keep himself nice and clean-cut.

It's interesting that with Felicity not being a natural blonde, they hired a blonde to play her mother. I wonder if someone will make a comment about her being a bottle blonde too?

• Love 3

It's interesting that with Felicity not being a natural blonde, they hired a blonde to play her mother. I wonder if someone will make a comment about her being a bottle blonde too?

Hmmm, I like this. Maybe Mama Smoak did pick on Felicity's appearance back in the day. And maybe the black hair in the flashbacks isn't just for easy contrast, if Mama Smoak makes a comment about Felicity also being a blonde like her now, for example.

Arrow is adding Carrie Cutter (a.k.a. Cupid) to season three and EW can exclusively report that Supernatural alum Amy Gumenick has been cast in the role. As in the comics, Cupid will be a lethal villainness with a dangerously obsessive crush on The Arrow.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/29/cupid-arrow/?hootPostID=0a145add5bba4e5315c83a82305f1199

Literally just a couple of days ago I read a link that someone had posted on IMDB. The link was to a review that was very critical of Andrew Kreisberg's run on the Green Arrow/Black Canary comics, and they were particularly harsh on Cupid in particular, calling her a "Villain Sue" (she's apparently a character that AK created). And now two days later I see an announcement that she's appearing on Arrow. Perhaps the reviewer exaggerated, or she may be very different on Arrow than she is in the comics. But until we know for sure, I hope you'll forgive me for apprehensive about this development.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think so. I went to a few comicbook forums back in July when DC announced the switch from Jeff Lemiere to AK. Most comments were extremely critical of AK's run and Cupid in particular.

I don't recall any praise for his run, best comments were that his book was mediocre and easily forgettable. I really hope he's either improved in the last few years or that his co-writer will elevate his work.

I loved Lemiere's work on GA so I hope they don't screw it up too badly.

ETA: looks like that promo was a leak...chico6 was questioning fans on where they saw it. It aired in Canada but on a CBS/CW affiliate...WGN CW...

Edited by Morrigan2575

I don't know. There's something about the idea that Andrew Kreisburg is bringing in one of his original characters (was there more than one or was it just her?) and one that was apparently received so poorly that is really rubbing me the wrong way. If she was really as much of a creator's pet character as it sounds, it makes me really nervous about what he'll do with her on Arrow. Maybe she'll just appear for two episodes and we'll never see her again hopefully, but.... still don't really care for the idea.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 7

It was almost a year from the Gambit sinking to meeting on the Amazo, my bangs would've grown out in a year. Oliver's trimmed beard makes no sense. Although I do appreciate that Oliver, Sara and Slade's hair looked stringy and greasy from not having showered in over a year. 

Edited by Sakura12

I don't like the description of the Cupid character at all either. I just don't see a woman obsessed with the Arrow working on this show, it seems way too trope-ish. I really don't want Cupid going after "whichever woman Oliver loves the most". Since episode six is supposed to be Roy's episode, maybe Cupid will go after him? Hopefully it comes off better than it sounds.

The promo was a leak? They probably would have aired the same thing just closer to the premiere right? I don't want to be too spoiled lol

Edited by drspaceman10
  • Love 1

I don't like the description of the Cupid character at all either. I just don't see a woman obsessed with the Arrow working on this show, it seems way too trope-ish. I really don't want Cupid going after "whichever woman Oliver loves the most". Since episode six is supposed to be Roy's episode, maybe Cupid will go after him? Hopefully it comes off better than it sounds.

The promo was a leak? They probably would have aired the same thing just closer to the premiere right? I don't want to be too spoiled lol

I don't really have much of an opinion on this Cupid character yet, my only hope is that she doesn't go after Felicity in any way. I don't really want another 'Count' situation.

That's what I'm thinking too. This was supposed to come oit closer to the premiere.

Bad time for the CW Flash Pilot leaked, Arrow promo leaked. ..what's next?

AK's tenure with BC is what turned me off completely. 

As for Cupid, I have little faith. AK's comic creations don't inspire any confidence.  I do think his version of BC is a reason why Laurel is such a wishy washy character on the show who seemed to have little problem taking Oliver back after the Gambit sunk.  He may not have a problem with sister-swapping, so Laurel and Sara didn't either. UGH.

So that leaves me cold about Cupid.

• Love 4

Quick question, since AK created Cupid, wouldn't he be paid extra since his creation is used? I think it works like that in some mediums but I don't know about comics.

I'm not looking forward to Cupid, but at least there's no worry of any comic fans of the character being mad about the show screwing her up.

The Canadian promo didn't have the best picture quality, but I think the man that was being grabbed by Laurel in the hospital bed does bear a strong resemblance to a character that has been on the show before: Martin Somers.

Edited by strikera0

LOL apparently Liam Neeson said he would take the role of Ra's Al Guhl if he was offered. I wonder if he was just being courteous like he usually is or if he was serious. 

Edited by ban1o

If he were serious and he was in Arrow's budget, I friggin' hope he's offered the role. Liam Neeson could do wonders for the show! He could legit single-handedly increase ratings and draw in a new audience. Can you imagine a scene with FREAKING LIAM AND JOHN BArrOWMAN?! O_O

God dammit, I hope this happens. I really do. It can only bring good things to the show. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

I really don't think they would be able to afford him. He's like a movie star haha. He would provably want to paid at the very least double or triple what Stephen Amell makes per episode. Also if they were to cast him people would think arrow was connected to Nolan-verse and I kind of want to see a different interpretation of the character. I just thought it was funny that he said he would actually do it if he was offered.

Edited by ban1o

I watched that interview and I don't think Liam Neeson understood the part about it being Arrow and on The CW. I think he just heard return and Ra's Al Ghul. The interviewer was kind of mumbling his questions. I wonder if Liam even knows that Arrow exists?

• Love 1

I watched that interview and I don't think Liam Neeson understood the part about it being Arrow and on The CW. I think he just heard return and Ra's Al Ghul. The interviewer was kind of mumbling his questions. I wonder if Liam even knows that Arrow exists?

Haha you're right he probably didn't realize it was a tv show on the CW.

It's up to the actor how much he decides he's going to work for as long as it's at least scale so there aren't union problems.  

Really doubtful he would do it but he's got two teenage sons who may watch the show so you never know.  Elizabeth Taylor created the role of Helena Cassadine on General Hospital back in the day.

I was not impressed with Liam Neeson's version of Ra'as purely for the reason that there was no need to cast a blue eyed Caucasian man to play the role of an Arab or Semite or Indo Iranian character (I am not really sure what his race and ethnicity was but he was NOT a white man). For Arrow, I hope they cast someone who looks Middle Eastern and is old enough to look like Katrina Law's dad.

• Love 5

Liam Neeson is a good actor and he seems like a nice guy, but I've seen Batman Begins twice and can barely remember him from that movie. I know I'm in the minority because I don't like that movie anyway. Not that it matters because there is no way Liam Neeson is guest starring on a CW show when his movie career is going well. Not that Arrow could afford him, anyway. It would be distracting, too, to see someone as famous as Liam Neeson acting alongside the Arrow cast.

• Love 1

I was not impressed with Liam Neeson's version of Ra'as purely for the reason that there was no need to cast a blue eyed Caucasian man to play the role of an Arab or Semite or Indo Iranian character (I am not really sure what his race and ethnicity was but he was NOT a white man). For Arrow, I hope they cast someone who looks Middle Eastern and is old enough to look like Katrina Law's dad.

Yeah I would like them to cast a middle eastern or at least a minority actor.

(edited)

You know this double costume thing is going to get annoying. Arsenal? Arrow? If that's from Friday night SA was in Toronto but it could be the stuntman.

I have to admit, I love the "Arrow" shadow on the wall. I hope that ends up in the episode, it looks cool.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Love that picture with the great lighting from the alley.

There have to be two people dressed as archers in that shot. One is the guy standing in the background and one is the person creating the shadow on the wall. The light is wrong for the person in the background to cause that shadow and the two people are holding their bows differently. One is string up (background) and one is string down (shadow).

YVR shoots on twitter mentioned that Arrow was filming at night with 2nd units so I'm guessing it was stuntmen.

You know this double costume thing is going to get annoying. Arsenal? Arrow? If that's from Friday night SA was in Toronto but it could be the stuntman.

Colton is in the Hamptons going by his twitter so if it is either of them it's from earlier.

Or hey! Maybe it's Thea. Or Malcolm. Or Malcolm & Thea.

Edited by Tallis

Love that picture with the great lighting from the alley.

There have to be two people dressed as archers in that shot. One is the guy standing in the background and one is the person creating the shadow on the wall. The light is wrong for the person in the background to cause that shadow and the two people are holding their bows differently. One is string up (background) and one is string down (shadow).

YVR shoots on twitter mentioned that Arrow was filming at night with 2nd units so I'm guessing it was stuntmen.

Oh, I didn't even realize, thanks

Colton is in the Hamptons going by his twitter so if it is either of them it's from earlier.

Or hey! Maybe it's Thea. Or Malcolm. Or Malcolm & Thea.

TBH if Thea gets a costume I hope it not a hood like Oliver, Roy and Malcolm. I want something different for her :P 

I was a bit confused by that tweet since episode 5 is still filming till 4th September. 

yeah i'm confused by this too. Did they finish filming early or something? I guess it makes sense since most of the cast don't seem to be in Vancouver at the moment. 

The plastic around them makes me think they are bassinets, the kind where you wheel the baby from nursery to mom's bedside.  Laundry and supply carts don't have the plastic around the sides

I can't help but think that Laurel beating up that guy in his hospital bed is supposed to show how kick-ass she, just like Sara immediately afterwards beating up a villain and Thea making her appearance.  Sadly, it seems like they are still trying to make Laurel into a fighting superhero which is most likely doomed to fail yet again.  Go with what she can do, people.

Edited by statsgirl