Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They should've cut that entire Curtis scene apart from him entering the apartment. It was cringe worthy. 

I could do without Curtis entirely. Everything that comes out of his mouth is cringe-worthy. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I thought that scene was cute but it also did serve a purpose. Obviously for the people who refuse to see oliver and felicity reuniting, Curtis flat out saying there was sexual tension between them was necessary considering a lot of people missed it in season two even though it was blatantly obvious. 

Not only that it shows that these characters are friends who talk about normal stuff like relationships. 

I'd actually love to have more scenes like this. They're just fun. Can we have one with Felicity and Thea next? Thanks.  

26 minutes ago, looptab said:

Gotta take a jab at those silly shippers!

Well to me it was funny because in that moment I legit thought Curtis sounded like me lmao

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 8

I feel like Curtis needs to calm down a bit about Oliver and Felicity. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him standing in the corner just taking photos of them on his phone at the party. (I know we won't. But the way he's sounding makes it seem like he'd totally do that.) 

2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I feel like Curtis needs to calm down a bit about Oliver and Felicity. I wouldn't be surprised if we see him standing in the corner just taking photos of them on his phone at the party. (I know we won't. But the way he's sounding makes it seem like he'd totally do that.) 

Yeah, it's kinda over the top - guess they're trying to hit the #nolicity crowd over the head with it so they can have their Kleenex ready when O/F get back together. 

• Love 8
Just now, wonderwall said:

I'd actually love to have more scenes like this. They're just fun.

Yeah, I like the concept of the scene and the way Curtis and Felicity bounce off of each other. Just tone Curtis down just a bit (pretty much concerning his character in general) and change the "shipper for a soap opera" to something more subtle.

• Love 6

Yeah, I like the idea of having normal, every day scenes too once in a while because it makes the characters look like real people, but that scene looked nothing like a normal conversation to me, it's too much, it feels forced, like almost everything Curtis says lately.

• Love 4
Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

Yeah, I like the idea of having normal, every day scenes too once in a while because it makes the characters look like real people, but that scene looked nothing like a normal conversation to me, it's too much, it feels forced, like almost everything Curtis says lately.

To each their own. It seemed normal because Curtis is generally over the top. And again I think the over the topness of it was also to slap the nolicity people who are in deep denial in the face to tell them it's happening lol

3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

To each their own. It seemed normal because Curtis is generally over the top. And again I think the over the topness of it was also to slap the nolicity people who are in deep denial in the face to tell them it's happening lol

This season he is over the top. He acted normally last year and I miss that.

You can read it as you want but Curtis was all enthusiastic about Oliver and Felicity getting back together and Felicity told him he was worse than shippers so I don't see how it can be a dig at the no romance crowd. But the dialogue makes me cringe either way.

• Love 1

That was a cute scene, to me it mirrored the flashback scene in 5x20 with Curtis and them.

Didn't take offence to the Shipper comment, sounds like something my friends would say if I was desperately trying to hook them up with someone lol

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

This season he is over the top. He acted normally last year and I miss that.

You can read it as you want but Curtis was all enthusiastic about Oliver and Felicity getting back together and Felicity told him he was worse than shippers so I don't see how it can be a dig at the no romance crowd. But the dialogue makes me cringe either way.

Like i said to each their own lol

I liked the scene apart from the little dig at shippers. IDK, I'm not outraged or anything but I could've done without it.

Anyway, at least Oliver gets to have a nice birthday party before everything goes to shit, LOL. And yeah, I agree the dialogue about O/F sexual tension was a bit OTT but they obviously felt the need to put that in there for whatever reason. I suppose to prove that Olicity is not, in fact, dead?!! Haha.

(edited)

I didn't have a problem with the scene per se - I like the normal dialogue, too (they have it on Game of Thrones, FFS, why can't they have it here) but a little more subtlety, maybe? :)

^I'm not outraged either, it's just that my first reaction was "Seriously? Come on!"

Edited by looptab

It doesn't have to be a dig. I say "you're worse than my mom/dad/husband" a lot. Doesn't mean I'm taking a dig at them, obviously I love them a lot. I just took this as an exasperated, playful joke. 

But yeah again to each their own... I don't think it was that deep at all. 

1 minute ago, looptab said:

I didn't have a problem with the scene per se - I like the normal dialogue, too (they have it on Game of Thrones, FFS, why can't they have it here) but a little more subtlety, maybe? :)

I'd love more subtlety lol but I do understand the point of it all haha if it was as subtle as season 2 then you know it would've gone over people's heads haha

• Love 3
(edited)

I wouldn't normally think twice about it on any other show but when shippers are somehow treated as a subset on this show by the EP's/writers and the rest of fandom, it does make me side eye it a bit. That's all. But no, it's really not a big deal. Just my initial reaction tbh.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

I thought the line was more of a dig at the ones who constantly call shippers soap opera fans and thats more the comic stans than anything. But either way it didn't sound offensive at all. Curtis is clearly a hardcore shipper.

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 1

So, why isn't Oliver there helping with the clean up? Did he get too flustered and didn't manage to find a way to ask, or did Felicity refuse his offer to help?

3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

So, why isn't Oliver there helping with the clean up? Did he get too flustered and didn't manage to find a way to ask, or did Felicity refuse his offer to help?

Maybe he is there, but Felicity's not letting Curtis onto that fact. 

/fanfic

• Love 7
Just now, bijoux said:

Fantasy answer: After falling for whatever excuse it was that caused him to get "dressed up" and go to Felicity's apartment, he didn't want to push his luck after already getting whatever tension they have at the party.

Realistic answer: Mayor stuff or noticing that Rene is missing?

• Love 1
Just now, way2interested said:

Fantasy answer: After falling for whatever excuse it was that caused him to get "dressed up" and go to Felicity's apartment, he didn't want to push his luck after already getting whatever tension they have at the party.

Realistic answer: Mayor stuff or noticing that Rene is missing?

Or likely answer: It won't even be addressed because they want the episode to be party -> people being kidnapped/finding out people are getting kidnapped -> Oliver going to see Chase.

• Love 1

Thea making up a reason to get him to leave with her because this is not what she had in the team's/Star City pool on when they're getting back together?

• Love 2
Just now, bijoux said:

Thea making up a reason to get him to leave with her because this is not what she had in the team's/Star City pool on when they're getting back together?

"What did you need my help with?" "Nothing, my bet was that the reunion would happen before the team defeats the big bad. It's still May, I still have a chance to win."

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

Or likely answer: It won't even be addressed because they want the episode to be party -> people being kidnapped/finding out people are getting kidnapped -> Oliver going to see Chase.

I definitely think that's the order of the plot for tonight, with some Black Siren drama mixed in somewhere in the middle.

• Love 1

Dear god that new sneak peek. Oliver and Felicity are going to kill me during the entire party, aren't they? 

But it's also really nice to see everyone just relaxing and planning fun things to do in the future. Especially knowing what's coming. They deserve this break, even though it's a short one. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I hate them and their stupid chemistry and their dumb heart eyes. *Watches clip again*

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Felicity's comment about camping sounds so specific (and un-Felicity) makes me wonder if that's something she and Oliver did during their summer trip. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7
Just now, lemotomato said:

Felicity's comment about camping sounds so specific (and un-Felicity) makes I wonder if that's something she and Oliver did during their summer trip. 

I definitely read it as an invite, but I didn't think of this. I bet you're right.

• Love 2

I realized we're getting more of the party than I expected. There's the initial surprise scene, the scene around the cake and cupcakes at the table in the photos, then this scene since they've already eaten cake by it, the tie scene from the producer's preview which seems to come right after the sneak peek ends... 

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

I definitely read it as an invite, but I didn't think of this. I bet you're right.

Or maybe it's something Oliver suggested, but Felicity resisted (I can't picture her willingly going camping) and now she's throwing it out as an invite!

• Love 4
(edited)

I feel like there's some cut dialogue after Curtis mentions Florence. Like Felicity maybe commenting on Italy? Otherwise they just got they eye-fucking on during one of Curtis's ramblings. :D

Edited by looptab
Just now, looptab said:

I feel like there's some cut dialogue after Curtis mentions Florence. Like Felicity maybe commenting on Italy? Otherwise they just got they eye-fucking on during one of Curtis's rambles. :D

It's because they hiked that trail and went to Florence during their summer of love, and they were reminiscing. 

/fanfic

• Love 13
Just now, apinknightmare said:

It's because they hiked that trail and went to Florence during their summer of love, and they were reminiscing. 

/fanfic

Fanfic that you're gonna write, right? RIGHT? Wink nudge.

No pressure or anything! ;P

2 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

so I don't see how it can be a dig at the no romance crowd.

Its not meant to be a dig to the no romance crowd. Simple as that. Cant be more obvious. 

27 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

/fanfic

Am I the only person who thinks of Mount Tibidabo here? Just me....probably. LOL

• Love 2