Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Was there something so controversial that I missed it? Other than that Chase was in the Bunker?

He never specified and there's no telling what he could have meant. Maybe he thought people would be upset over the cliffhanger. Maybe he thought people would be upset over the promo and Felicity paralyzed again. Maybe he thought people would be upset over the Olicity scene where Felicity put herself in the bullet and Oliver made that shitty comment.

• Love 1

I think it's hilarious that he turned off twitter because he thought Olicity fans would be upset and most loved it.  He really has no cue...

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Serious answer - In 506, Felicity told Oliver that when Wild Dog was kidnapped, she put trackers in all of the newbies' suits. It's possible that the entire team now wears trackers.

But would they be able to work the tech if she's not there.  Well Curtis might but not the others unless it's a really simple set of instructions.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

He never specified and there's no telling what he could have meant. Maybe he thought people would be upset over the cliffhanger. Maybe he thought people would be upset over the promo and Felicity paralyzed again. Maybe he thought people would be upset over the Olicity scene where Felicity put herself in the bullet and Oliver made that shitty comment.

I forgot to mention that comment on the episode thread. That was a super shitty comment and it didn't even make sense.

• Love 3

Here's the MG comment in question (so I think he was referring to the 'cliff-hangery' explosion at the end)...

-- MG: "Oliver and company are going to be in direct conflict with Felicity and Helix, um, and the consequences are, shall we say, explosive. Uh, I think that will also be the week that I block Twitter on my computer and my phone." (Apr. 6, 2017 EW Superhero Insider podcast, page 57 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo
4 hours ago, DeadZeus said:

Damn hope it won't just be lovey dovey stuff and we see Oliver kick ass in the s4 costume... My father loves Felicity to death he's gonna love this episode...

Y'all have had ass kicking stuff for 18 episodes. Let me at least have one episode of lovey dovey stuff

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

What did he say that was super shitty?

I think it's his, "Wouldn't count on it" to Felicity saying she hoped he would understand when they got Chase. Which personally I didn't see as that shitty, just hurt and heat of the moment. Particularly since the first thing he said the next time they saw each other was that he was sorry her new friends hurt her feelings.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

Was it this one?:

Felicity: I'm sorry. I am. I'm really hoping that you're gonna understand after we get Chase.
Oliver: Don't count on it.

I thought maybe that was it, but I don't think it was shitty at all. When he got back to the bunker he basically said he didn't know what to say to her about stepping in front of a bullet in order to ultimately stop Chase - then he drank about it. He seemed pretty shaken up over it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

What did he say that was super shitty?

22 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

Was it this one?:

Felicity: I'm sorry. I am. I'm really hoping that you're gonna understand after we get Chase.
Oliver: Don't count on it.

That was the one and I found it super shitty. It's one of those passive aggressive comments people make. I didn't like it at all.

• Love 6

I would have preferred if he just said "I hope so too" or sadly nodded. I mean he literally gassed her in NP and left with Ra's for the greater good, but this he wouldn't be able to understand? I didn't like it.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 14
13 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I would have preferred if he just said "I hope so too" or just sadly nodded. I mean he literally gassed her in NP and left with the Ra's for the greater good, but this he wouldn't be able to understand? I didn't like it.

Well, he was angry at that particular moment and probably hadn't thought it through past her standing in front of a bullet and then putting up a laser fence to stop him from going after her other crew. He'd calmed down in the lair, and seemed to have even given some thought about what she might be getting from Helix that she wasn't getting from him/the team since he mentioned that when he apologized to her. IDK, it'd be a bigger issue to me if it seemed like something he really wasn't going to examine, and try to see her reasoning on, but he did later in the ep.

• Love 4

I don't really understand the big deal. We all say things we don't mean in the heat of the moment. Lord knows Felicity has hit below the belt when she was angry. I think it'd only be fair to allow Oliver the same courtesy. He did say he was sorry about what transpired later anyways so yeah...

I mean what I loved about that exchange was that it was raw and full of emotion. Can't wait to see more of that in 520.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 10
30 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

We all say things we don't mean in the heat of the moment. Lord knows Felicity has hit below the belt when she was angry.

If nothing else, it will give us a rebuttal the next time someone criticizes Felicity for being mean to Oliver.

• Love 2

I didn't think much of the line but I'm good with Oliver's behavior because it caused Felicity to get annoyed enough to talk about the lack of support she got from him (and the team). It's something that has been bothering me because like Felicity pointed out she is instead very supportive. I liked the honesty of the final conversation..

I don't know if they will clarify their position on that subject because they are busy trying to escape but I'd like that.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 9

Personally, I'd actually prefer it if the lack of support for this Helix mission wasn't brought up again. Felicity is in general - yes - very supportive. But she doesn't always back Oliver's play (often times with good reason!), and has on occasion stepped in to stop him from doing something stupid or unnecessarily risky/dangerous - which he thought she was doing in this instance. So, Oliver basically did something to her that she's done to him before (and Diggle too - I think, during the bleak period that is S3 that I mostly blocked out). 

• Love 4

So is Oliver passing out from lack of air then not a failed parkour induced concussion? I feel like they must have O2 tanks down there as part of their med supplies given how many explosions and smoke bombs they deal with. I'm guessing the 20 minute countdown happens later in the episode unless the episode is happening in realtime. 

(Also doesn't make sense architecturally ((like their interior design)) but whatever) 

Edited by leopardprint

Oh I thought that was another explosion when he falls down the shaft? Ooh Prometheus is electrocuting people now, so extra. 

Let me get my CSI ??‍♀️on this promo! ?

Edited by leopardprint

I don't know but there was sparks and he fell down the shaft. I kind of just figured he touched something he wasn't supposed to or there was an exposed wire or something. He gets shocked, falls down the shaft and we get that scene.

He's not dying, unless Felicity stabs him with an Adrenalin pen, because he appears to be carrying her up the elevator at (I'm assuming) the end of the episode with OTA holding each other up.

• Love 2

If Oliver looks like he's dying, and Felicity is all upset about it, and then they have flashbacks to how they were last summer, this episode has the potential to be the definitive, no quibbles allowed, statement on how much they care about each other, even more than Felicity offering to help him carry his burdens in 5x19.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Personally, I'd actually prefer it if the lack of support for this Helix mission wasn't brought up again. Felicity is in general - yes - very supportive. But she doesn't always back Oliver's play (often times with good reason!), and has on occasion stepped in to stop him from doing something stupid or unnecessarily risky/dangerous - which he thought she was doing in this instance. So, Oliver basically did something to her that she's done to him before (and Diggle too - I think, during the bleak period that is S3 that I mostly blocked out). 

I was talking more in general than about the mission..It was clear only in my head, LOL.. The final discussion seemed larger than the Helix problem to me..I don't think if Felicity (and her relationship with Oliver) was in a good place she would have thought Oliver's actions mean he doesn't trust her like she said instead..I think he was right when he said Helix gave her a sense of belonging that he and the team didn't lately and I'd like for them to get to a point where they don't doubt they have each other's trust and support..

• Love 6

So has Chase just booby-trapped the bunker? LOL. Not only are they trapped but they have no lights, they're running out of air. Oliver looks like he gets electrocuted and that's what causes him to fall. 

Chase really is so extra. Haha. I love him but this "he's ten steps ahead" thing is starting to be a bit ridiculous? IDK.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Chase really is so extra. Haha. I love him but this "he's ten steps ahead" thing is starting to be a bit ridiculous? IDK.

That's the problem with season-long villains... they're always too smart for 22 episodes, until they finally aren't in the season finale. 

• Love 11
Just now, lemotomato said:

That's the problem with season-long villains... they're always too smart for 22 episodes, until they finally aren't in the season finale. 

I know, right? IDK, I know they spoke about him being like a master chest player who anticipates moves and everything but he literally knows everything. And that whole thing in 519 where he's in the video game? Who has the time to do that?! LOL.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So has Chase just booby-trapped the bunker? LOL. Not only are they trapped but they have no lights, they're running out of air. Oliver looks like he gets electrocuted and that's what causes him to fall. 

I think the iffy electricity and the air supply being shut down are simply effects of the explosion, not separate plays.

9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I know, right? IDK, I know they spoke about him being like a master chest player who anticipates moves and everything but he literally knows everything. And that whole thing in 519 where he's in the video game? Who has the time to do that?! LOL.

At least now he doesn't have a full time job..before that he also worked and tried to get Oliver to like him, LOL

• Love 2

Season long arcs, as well as season long villains, can be a big problem in terms of the writing.

43 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

The final discussion seemed larger than the Helix problem to me..I don't think if Felicity (and her relationship with Oliver) was in a good place she would have thought Oliver's actions mean he doesn't trust her like she said instead..I think he was right when he said Helix gave her a sense of belonging that he and the team didn't lately and I'd like for them to get to a point where they don't doubt they have each other's trust and support..

Maybe this is the discussion they were writing to from 5x05 on, when Oliver and Felicity were acting like they barely knew or trusted each other.  Or even earlier since Oliver never asked her about Havenrock.  But while I hope the payoff is going to be great, I'm not sure that it was worth all those months of frustration when it seemed like the writers didn't even know their own show.

I'm really going to need Oliver to justify not just why he trusted Susan when everyone was telling him not to, but why he treated Felicity like someone he barely knew.

• Love 6

To me, it really seems like Oliver just gave up on her completely beyond the romantic and was like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, "Whelp, here's this shady but convenient brunette, I've always liked those," and as far as that's what Felicity wanted, she didn't really treat him like that, it seemed like Oliver gave up because that was easiest not because he was respecting her wishes (if that makes sense? It probably doesn't)

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2

When you have season long villains, it's best to give them subordinates that play as mini big bads. Buffy S2 had Spike/Drusilla until it was time for Angelus to step up and S3 had Faith/Mr.Trick to fill in for The Mayor before he made his biggest strides.

• Love 4

Mini big bads is the best way to go, but then the episodes get criticized for being "filler".  As if anything that doesn't rush to the conclusion is a waste of time.  (Another reason why one shouldn't get into a relationship with people like that.)

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Season long arcs, as well as season long villains, can be a big problem in terms of the writing.

Maybe this is the discussion they were writing to from 5x05 on, when Oliver and Felicity were acting like they barely knew or trusted each other.  Or even earlier since Oliver never asked her about Havenrock.  But while I hope the payoff is going to be great, I'm not sure that it was worth all those months of frustration when it seemed like the writers didn't even know their own show.

I'm really going to need Oliver to justify not just why he trusted Susan when everyone was telling him not to, but why he treated Felicity like someone he barely knew.

I can only speak for myself and for me it really, really wasn't. They should have had the 520 FBs during 5x05 at the latest..understanding why a character is acting in a certain way makes the story better but they don't write for the characters..

• Love 8