Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)
14 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

In a way wasnt the 5x09 olicity fb scene basically a waste of time? Cause eventually even if olicity gets back together this season,that scene specifically, was literally useless. It didnt and wont move the plot forward .  It can be done again.

I think the 509 flashback scene was one of the most foreshadowing moments the show has done.

Namely...

tumblr_ohugn0FEqo1rq49qyo2_500.gif

tumblr_ohugn0FEqo1rq49qyo1_500.gif

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Anyway, Olicity sex!!

You know what else I'm looking forward to? Hearing Blake Neely's Olicity theme again.

I love his work for Olicity. It's quiet, dramatic, romantic, moving all at the same time. It's just perfect for them :')

• Love 11

Foreshadowing for some,ship bait for others. Either way,zero influence to actual plot. 

Im sure many L/O fans thought the 100th wedding was also foreshadowing. Thus why they were so sure she was coming back for good. 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

Foreshadowing for some,ship bait for others. Either way,zero influence to actual plot. 

C6aq97OWYAANadn.jpg

It's pretty clear Oliver/Felicity are moving back into their romantic relationship so I can't say NOTHING came out of foreshadowing that they're going to get married. 

4 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

Im sure many L/O fans thought the 100th wedding was also foreshadowing. Thus why they were so sure she was coming back for good. 

The fact that NOTHING is going to come out of L/O from the 100th IS shipbaiting

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

It's pretty clear Oliver/Felicity are moving back into their romantic relationship

Only its not. Again, my point is that the scene has zero influence to actual plot. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

In a way wasnt the 5x09 olicity fb scene basically a waste of time? Cause eventually even if olicity gets back together this season,that scene specifically, was literally useless. It didnt and wont move the plot forward .  It can be done again.

Wasn't that visit to Felicity how he got the info he needed to get to someone connected to Claybourne or whoever he was trying to find that made him go to her? Seems like it moved the plot forward to me.

• Love 11
(edited)

If the 5x09 scene kept Olicity shippers from bailing on the show presuming that the show is going to go Olicity again, it wasn't a waste of time.  (Eye-rollingly cheesy and bad, but not a waste of time.)

I think it was also the only joint FB we've ever had. It started with Felicity and ended with Oliver, typing them together.

All this presumes that the show will swerve Olicity again.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Hee. It was for viewers like you.

Viewers with high standards you mean. Hmph :p

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Just a question -- if Olicity were definitely over, would you still watch the show?

No. That relationship is the thing that makes me invested in the show. I like other elements, but without Olicity, IDK I wouldn't be able to make it

• Love 5
(edited)
18 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Seems like it moved the plot forward to me.

Im sure Oliver picking up her pen and saying "i believe in magic" or whatever in that specific position moved the plot forward. By the way,i get what you're saying and i guess you're technically right. I was refering to the scene when it comes to the pen thing that happened and how it was basically just there not affecting plot. 

I guess if they indeed have a fb olicity scene that moves the plot forward by also adding sex at the end of the scene (similar to how they added that oliver picks up her pen saying a line part of the scene),sex that might not affect the plot ,it is gonna be something similar. It will affect the plot. So yes it can be done again. 

Edited by theOAfc
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

I think the 509 flashback scene was one of the most foreshadowing moments the show has done.

Namely...

Quicky Olicity wedding for reasons in the last 3 episodes, yay or nay? 

Edited by lemotomato
gotta be clear about which wedding I want
  • Love 4
(edited)

I definitely think Felicity is gonna go on the run or maybe get arrested. Something has to happen to break her away from Helix, otherwise she'll just keep on using it like it's NBD. 

Edited by Angel12d
11 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

Im sure Oliver picking up her pen and saying "i believe in magic" or whatever in that specific position moved the plot forward. By the way,i get what you're saying and i guess you're technically right. I was refering to the scene when it comes to the pen thing that happened and how it was basically just there not affecting plot. 

I know what you meant. I only replied because you wrote that the scene was "literally useless" when it literally wasn't. The picking up her pen? Sure. That was either for fun or for foreshadowing, I don't care either way. Most of the character moments we get on this show don't amount to much plot movement, but do a lot for relationship building. 

• Love 3
Just now, Angel12d said:

I definitely think Felicity is gonna go on the run or maybe get arrested. Something has to happen to break her away from Helix, otherwise she'll just keep on using it like it's NBD. 

Yeah, something will happen in 519, and then 520 can be Oliver and Felicity escaping from underneath like Oliver and Diggle did in 504, meanwhile Oliver and Felicity reveal feelings, positive and negative through flashback and present day, that they've held "underneath" this whole time or something.

Just spit-balling. 

• Love 2

Felicity goes on the run and Oliver is somehow implicated and maybe he has to hide out too which is why they're stuck in the bunker? Then that leads to obvious tension that they have to let out which leads to makeup sex?

GOOD GOD THIS IS ALL MY FIC DREAMS COME TRUE

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Quicky Olicity wedding for reasons in the last 3 episodes, yay or nay? 

Right now I'm going to go with nay, but of course I'm not ruling out the possibility. :)

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Soulfire said:

Namely...

M A G I C A L. I loved this scene. Just look at his eyes and the way he says her name. 

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 10
45 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

No. That relationship is the thing that makes me invested in the show. I like other elements, but without Olicity, IDK I wouldn't be able to make it

Same here.  That scene was for us.

I don't know if they can do something that makes Oliver need to hide. He's still mayor, unless they take that away from him too.

• Love 1
(edited)
39 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

M A G I C A L. I loved this scene. Just look at his eyes and the way he says her name. 

I know people had issues with it but, i loved that scene. It confirmed my belief that Olicity was NOT dead, and was still their end game. Of course i was super optimistic and believed we'd get a Feb Sweeps reunion.  But I don't mind being wrong n the timing as long as the rest of it is right. 

So now we have confirmed Olicity Sex in 520. Probably that "Adult Conversation" in the episode as well.  

I haven't signed onto the Felicity in jail/on the run thing, at least not for Helix. Didn't SA say something recently about 518-519 being difficult for the team because Oliver made GA a villain? Did I imagine that? We know 518 is called disbanded, maybe the whole team goes on the run in 19-20 and Olicity go off together for whatever reason?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

Yes I did love it in a lot of ways...seeing fetus olicity and still seeing how electric that chemistry between SA/EBR was. In a what somber episode, I was really glad they gave us that moment. And the fact that it was directed by Antonia made it even better. Yeah I too thought a Feb sweeps reunion was in the cards but seeing how everything is going now I guess I can understand why that was never the case.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Didn't SA say something recently about 518-519 being difficult for the team because Oliver made GA a villain?

I think he said 518 and I think 517 but possible 519 being difficult for him in terms of his playing Oliver because Oliver is "in the shit" (I think) and so he is too because he spends so much time as Oliver.  I don't recall him saying anything about the team.

• Love 1
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

I know people had issues with it but, i loved that scene. It confirmed my belief that Olicity was NOT dead, and was still their end game. Of course i was super optimistic and believed we'd get a Feb Sweeps reunion.  But I don't mind being wrong n the timing as long as the rest of it is right. 

So now we have confirmed Olicity Sex in 520. Probably that "Adult Conversation" in the episode as well.  I haven't signed onto the Felicity in jail/on the run thing, at least not for Helix.

Ha, I loved that scene mainly for aesthetic purposes (SA and EBR definitely do not look like their s1 selves anymore, and it was entertaining to see the show try along with the earlier scene with DR), but regardless it still read to me as a *reminder* scene. Plus, in retrospect, I see it as a scene that was semi-foreshadowing Felicity sticking by Oliver after he killed Billy in a "remember them? Remember how far they've come since then? Remember how close they are now?" way to make it not surprising that she stuck around despite their "closure" in 505.

I haven't completely signed onto it yet, but I feel like it could at least explain the underground set. Then again, maybe it's another Prometheus lair, or just for a mission in general? 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Soulfire said:

Namely...

I couldn't enjoy this first time round because I was sulking but now: Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Love 2

I cant believe Olicity are going to go on the Lamb, have hot sex and then afterwards talk about their hot sex and how great it is which causes them to flashback to the hot sex they had in the past, which makes them decide because their sex is so magical they should get married; then flashpoint will happen which will cause Olicity to have little Tommy and Sara 2.0 Queen as well and then they go and have sex.

Thats my story and sticking to it ;)

• Love 4

SA implied that Oliver might have never heard Talia's last name which is why he never mentioned it to Nyssa or Ra's. Does this mean he realizes she's an Al Ghul only in 5.16? Might explain his facial expression in the promo pics for that episode.

Just now, Sunshine said:

SA implied that Oliver might have never heard Talia's last name which is why he never mentioned it to Nyssa or Ra's. Does this mean he realizes she's an Al Ghul only in 5.16? Might explain his facial expression in the promo pics for that episode.

I think that's exactly how it goes down.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Re wedding: oooh I'm going with probably no but anything can happen on this show. 

If we get Olicity back do you think we'll ever get Olicity babies on the show? Or too hard to film?

I think in the last episode of the series Felicity should tell Oliver she's pregnant. Then they can flash forward to them with a baby, twins, triplets, quads, whatever but I don't really care about babies in this type of show.

6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I cant believe Olicity are going to go on the Lamb, have hot sex and then afterwards talk about their hot sex and how great it is which causes them to flashback to the hot sex they had in the past, which makes them decide because their sex is so magical they should get married; then flashpoint will happen which will cause Olicity to have little Tommy and Sara 2.0 Queen as well and then they go and have sex.

Thats my story and sticking to it ;)

You just outlined every saucy fic written ever :p

Do we know if the sex is a FB for sure?

My concern if it is a FB, is the idea that they will use it in part to damage control the dislike that OQ has generated lately. Make Felicity say or do something that breaks 'poor' OQ, and justifies his later actions (acting like Felicity is just a co-worker, being all in with Susan).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MaisyDaisy said:

My concern if it is a FB, is the idea that they will use it in part to damage control the dislike that OQ has generated lately. Make Felicity say or do something that breaks 'poor' OQ, and justifies his later actions (acting like Felicity is just a co-worker, being all in with Susan).

I'd stomach that if it led to a reunion. Do you think they'd do that to kill the ship though?

This is their hack writing at play so I can see them doing that but I'm more concerned about the end result rather than the clumsy journey with these writers.

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'd stomach that if it led to a reunion. Do you think they'd do that to kill the ship though?

This is their hack writing at play so I can see them doing that but I'm more concerned about the end result rather than the clumsy journey with these writers.

No I don't think they would do it in a way that prevents an Olicity reunion, they would use it as an absolute crap way of dismissing accountability for OQ and his shit decisions lately. It would be a 'gotcha' that it was actually Felicity's actions/words that set him on this path, so essentially the female characters fault, not the dickish make characters at all. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, MaisyDaisy said:

They didnt write 5x20 last week. They probably planned this episode long in advance. It is to kickstart the last 3 episodes of the season. 3x20, 4x20 were both very much Olicity focused. So its not such a surprised that 5x20 will be positive for Olicity. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, MaisyDaisy said:

No I don't think they would do it in a way that prevents an Olicity reunion, they would use it as an absolute crap way of dismissing accountability for OQ and his shit decisions lately. It would be a 'gotcha' that it was actually Felicity's actions/words that set him on this path, so essentially the female characters fault, not the dickish make characters at all. 

I'm kinda resigned to this.  Won't even get mad I think. We are watching Flash last night and hubby was like "Why do all these superheroes need pep talks from women all the time. They've got mummy issues."

6 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I definitely want to see Oliver and Felicity as parents and not just a flash forward. I think the last season of the show should be with them as parents.

As much as I bitch about the writers I reckon they could give us some really cute moments if they had to write Olicity with kids. Like freaking adorable! They are pretty good with humorous happy stuff.

• Love 1
(edited)

This is what I hope for in episode 20...

While they're both stuck in the bunker, Oliver/Felicity to have a heated talk about Helix. I want Oliver to be visibly upset at how deep she is in with Helix and then:

FS: "Why do you care?!"
OQ: "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!
OQ: *then more softly * "I never stopped loving you"
FS: *stunned silence - and then Felicity walks up to Oliver and kisses him passionately - cue sex scene*

Make all my fanfiction dreams come true, Arrow. We deserve this for the year of hell you put us through. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 18
3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm kinda resigned to this.  Won't even get mad I think. We are watching Flash last night and hubby was like "Why do all these superheroes need pep talks from women all the time. They've got mummy issues."

That's hilarious!

3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

This is what I hope for in episode 20...

While they're both stuck in the bunker, Oliver/Felicity to have a heated talk about Helix. I want Oliver to be visibly upset at how deep she is in with Helix and then:

FS: "Why do you care?!"
OQ: "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU"
FS: *stunned silence - and then Felicity walks up to Oliver and kisses him passionately - cue sex scene*

Make all my fanfiction dreams come true, Arrow. We deserve this for the year of hell you put us through. 

That would be amazing.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, wonderwall said:

I love his work for Olicity. It's quiet, dramatic, romantic, moving all at the same time. It's just perfect for them :')

I LOVE the Olicity theme in 320 when they have sex. It's everything you described 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, MaisyDaisy said:

No we do not know that it's Flashback sex. The Paps seem to think it's present day and so do I. There's no confirmation (at this point) either way.

• Love 2

In my head, it goes the other way.  Oliver is upset about Felicity putting herself in danger working for Helix to save Oliver
(similar to their concerned convo in 5x10 with her plan with Black Siren):

Oliver gets all growly and says: Why would you do that?  You could have been hurt!
Felicity whispers: Because I can't lose you...

Oliver...stunned...walks up to her and kisses her passionately...

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

In my head, it goes the other way.  Oliver is upset about Felicity putting herself in danger working for Helix to save Oliver
(similar to their concerned convo in 5x10 with her plan with Black Siren):

Oliver gets all growly and says: Why would you do that?  You could have been hurt!
Felicity whispers: Because I can't lose you...

Oliver...stunned...walks up to her and kisses her passionately...

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

LOOK I WANT IT EITHER WAY. PLEASE LORD. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

No we do not know that it's Flashback sex. The Paps seem to think it's present day and so do I. There's no confirmation (at this point) either way.

I think the reason why people are taking flash back as a given is because Yoko mentioned it when confirming when he said there could be numerous reason for the Olicity sex. But even he said he wasnt sure.

Stephen then posting the photo of tge old suit then made most jump to it must be flashback, when there is no evidence yet beyond the fact they do have sex in the bunker and then talk afterwards. *shrug*

32 minutes ago, MaisyDaisy said:

I keep thinking about how SA said there's a reason that Oliver looks haggard and has dark circles under his eyes this season. It could be that we find out that Chase or Susan has been drugging him or something (unlikely) or we find out that something happened before the season started that's made him lose sleep/change his attitude. If it's an angsty conversation with Felicity that explains their distance this season I'm all for it, but I really hope it's not positioned in a way that she gets blamed for his actions.

• Love 1