Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

She stuck by him through everything in S1, everything in S2, everything in S3, forgave him for fake-killing her, saved his life, left town with him at his request, giving up EVERYTHING to do so, and stuck by him through two batcrap crazy exes and a batcrap crazy sister, until finally, FINALLY, she was tired of him lying to her face. That was not the first time he'd lied to her, or the second time, or the twelfth time. It was about the 57th. How is that "at the first reminder"? 

And he had ample time to explain. Instead he ignored her, LITERALLY IGNORED HIS FIANCEE, while choosing to speak with and get advice from Digg, his good friend, and Vixen, A WOMAN HE HAD MET ONCE BEFORE IN HIS WHOLE LIFE. Instead of chatting with this rando, he could have chosen to speak with the woman he was trying to make into a stepmother without her knowledge or consent. Nope. Ignored her and chatted up randos.

And how exactly did he try to make it right? When he was ignoring her, exposing her identity to a known liar, choosing to speak with everyone except her, admitting half the country knew before her, or choosing to send the dumb kid away (which is a pretty good signal to her that he probably won't want kids WITH HER), without so much as CHATTING with her? 

Her mother actually WAS lying to protect her from a known actual criminal, Noah. Not to mention Felicity was kind of in the middle of trying to save the whole world and probably didn't want to have a big fight with her. No one, EVER, has explained to me how Felicity knowing would in any way, literally any way, endanger that moronic kid. If you want to equate Noah and Felicity, I'm going to need you to help me understand how exactly she endangered the kid (and if she did, why in the world he'd want to marry her).

Cause they can't explain it, they just wanna bash Felicity and ignore what Oliver did. Hell some of these people like POS Malcolm someone who killed with Glee and call Laurel a saint when she was anything but yet call Felicity a mass murderer and a Sexual Deviant for Drugging Oliver acting like she drugged him to Fuck him lol

• Love 1

I was thinking about Willa's bts issues (whatever they may be), too. If she worked them out/stopped them, then I could see them coming up with a way to sideline for awhile -like an injury, coma, or leaving town to deal with her issues - but not write Thea out completely. If the situation remains something with which they don't want to deal, they'll write her out entirely. 

Edited by weathered1
  • Love 3

Or maybe she gets taken? I don't know - I'm just throwing out ideas. Lol.  But yeah, they're going to have to do something to explain her being gone for awhile after this episode. 

Edited by Starfish35

So Oliver....

Obviously the main exception there is Thea, and I think that there’s a significant worry for the state of his sister

If you're really worried about your sister, stop slamming her down when she tell  you Susan is bad news.

Do you think they ever could be a couple again?
Sure. Of course. We know what came between them; it was a lack of trust. Felicity walked away, and Oliver let her. I mean, we live in a television world. Fences can always be mended.

If Olicity was done for, he would have said "That's the sort of thing that is very difficult to get over between two people like them. But it's television, anything can happen."

So I'm going to take that as a good sign.

6 hours ago, Chaser said:

"Felicity, you can't trust hackers!"

"Oliver, I'm a hacker."

"Well their shady. You are too close."

"You're sexing Rita Skeeter."

But seriously, I think something big has to actually happen in order to get his attention. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of faith in this because SA said it will be an "adult" conversation. "Adult" conversation to me sounds like Oliver just asks her to be careful and that's it.

"Surprisingly adult conversation" is code for "you're going to be shocked and angry at how robotic the conversation between a formerly engaged couple will be."

5 hours ago, LeighAn said:

So Felicity storyline is putting her in a place where she is making unilateral moves and "going it alone" so she can understand that part of Oliver- NOT so she can understand or sympathise with his lies. 

How that then ties back to repairing Olicity as a couple I couldn't say but Im sure there will be some convuluted tie in.

It seems to me that it should be more about Oliver seeing how it feels when someone decides to do it on their own and shuts him out.  But since this is Arrow, it's almost certainly Felicity who needs to learn the lesson.

4 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I still want to know where that second check went. Didn't Moira offer Samantha two checks? Sadly, I doubt the fact that Moira paid her off will ever be brought up again. 

I really thing the writers have forgotten that it ever existed.  If she didn't cash the first, she probably didn't cash the second. (Which just proves how stupid Samantha is, William could have a medical problem and she might need the money.  Or maybe extra tutoring so he can pass grade one.

• Love 3

I do admit I already feel (at this point) an unjustified annoyance at this interview and what could possibly follow. I assume he will give an answer on the Tinah/Ollie thing that will not give anything away but leave comic lovers happy. "They are an integral part of that world, anything is possible...Bla, Bla, Bla..."  I mean at this point the show needs to move because nothing is happening or moving forward. I know that stuff happens for Diggle and Felicity but I still feel like their storyline didn't progress while other characters had more significant screen-time.

And also, they are really going with Oliver never knew Thalia's last name because she doesn't say it? I get why but I think that is somewhat lame. Maybe it is just me. Because I thought he had heard of the league before Sara mentions it in S2

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Belinea said:

And also, they are really going with Oliver never knew Thalia's last name because she doesn't say it? I get why but I think that is somewhat lame. Maybe it is just me. Because I thought he had heard of the league before Sara mentions it in S2

He definitely heard of it before Sara mentioned it, but I think the show will play it as Thalia telling him about the League and that she only goes by Thalia.

• Love 2

I think Talia has used other names in the comics, like Nyssa uses Nyssa Raatko.  In season two, Oliver definitely knew what the LoA was, when Sara talked about it, and he knew about Ra's already (remember when he told Diggle in Heir to the Demon what Ra's would do if they killed Nyssa).  So he might learn about the League from Talia, but not her actual relationship to Ra's.

I think there's a really good chance he'll learn who she really is in present day before the season though.  I just hope they don't kill her off.  I'd love to see her and Nyssa together in an episode, now that Nyssa has disbanded the League.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Angel12d said:

He's probably just gonna repeat what WM or whoever said about Oliver and Dinah having an emotional connection. I don't think he's gonna outright shut down the possibility. I'd be so surprised if he did.

The best thing to say would be what he was preaching about during hiatus in cons when asked about Olicity,but also last season when asked about LL,when he said that not every relationship between a female character and a male character has to be romantic. Of course i LOLed when he said that regarding Olicity considering they almost got married months ago(we are supposed to forget that i guess) but im positive him saying something like this would basically mean "there are no plans at the moment or in the near future". 

However im sure he will prop the strong emotional connection between Dinah and Oliver and throw the "there's no Green Arrow without Black Canary" line  to stick to what he and the EPs were told to push this season by higher ups. That could literally mean anything. But i highly doubt they would rush them if they plan on making them a thing next season or towards the end of the show.

Edited by theOAfc
5 hours ago, Chaser said:

And I don't really know what he could have said (though I would have liked to have found out) that would have made that hurt less or convinced her it wouldn't happen again.

How about "im sorry"

Thats a start.

• Love 11

Going back to WM or MGs last interview about Thea,  being more Moira. 

I think the more Moira like aspect doesn't mean dead, I think it means that Thea is going to go a bit dark/manipulative in her attempts to protect her family. I'm guessing this will finally tie back into 502 with Susan/Thea scenes. That could be why they're dragging Susan out for so long.

As for what could have Oliver worried maybe Thea is taking the whole dream world harder than Oliver? She really wanted to stay and was pretty impacted by about it (still) in 509.

I think they will have Thea leave town between 515-523 and bring her back for 3 episodes somewhere in the final 5 of the season. Maybe she leaves to go find herself? Maybe she leaves to go find Roy? I'd like that! Maybe she leaves to dig up dirt on Lil Suzy?

I really don't think they're going to kill Thea. She may leave the show/town at the end of S5 but, like Roy I expect she'll be alive and well just living somewhere else. 

Worst case scenario (for me) is that Suzy Q releases info about GA/Oliver in 514, Thea goes after her all Moira like and Oliver defends Suzy which results in Thea quitting and leaving town for awhile.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

The point.....Her walking out on him over him.....essentially 'being him' .............just didn't make sense.......

The first words out of my mouth were, "What? Like you didn't know who you were marrying?  Getting a ring doesn't magically change who he is."

The first words out of my mom's mouth was, "That's not how relationship's work.  That's not how marriage works.  ALL spouses will make mistakes and keep secrets.  What makes a marriage work is that don't bail, but you work through it.  You ain't perfect either. I mean really, he may have done wrong but he honestly just wanted a chance to get to know his son.  How can you leave him for that?"

That's the answer he gives when he is lying threw his teeth but knows he cant say what he really feels.

How exactly did Felicity stop him from getting to know the little moron? And there's "not perfect" and then there's CONSTANTLY LYING. Should she also stay with him if he hits her? Sleeps with her mom? 

After all, she's not perfect either. 

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Going back to WM or MGs last interview about Thea,  being more Moira. 

I think the more Moira like aspect doesn't mean dead, I think it means that Thea is going to go a bit dark/manipulative in her attempts to protect her family. I'm guessing this will finally tie back into 502 with Susan/Thea scenes. That could be why they're dragging Susan out for so long.

As for what could have Oliver worried maybe Thea is taking the whole dream world harder than Oliver? She really wanted to stay and was pretty impacted by about it (still) in 509.

I think they will have Thea leave town between 515-523 and bring her back for 3 episodes somewhere in the final 5 of the season. Maybe she leaves to go find herself? Maybe she leaves to go find Roy? I'd like that! Maybe she leaves to dig up dirt on Lil Suzy?

I really don't think they're going to kill Thea. She may leave the show/town at the end of S5 but, like Roy I expect she'll be alive and well just living somewhere else. 

Worst case scenario (for me) is that Suzy Q releases info about GA/Oliver in 514, Thea goes after her all Moira like and Oliver defends Suzy which results in Thea quitting and leaving town for awhile.

I think Thea choosing to leave is the most likely of scenarios. They've done save Thea storylines in back to back seasons and I don't see Oliver focusing on other things when Thea is hurt or in danger. 

If they decide to keep Reporter from Oliver, I wonder if it's Thea decision. She's the character who knows the shadiness of Reporter, the others really haven't interacted with her. She's also the one who has brought it to Oliver's attention only to get shot down. She may decide they need more evidence or something.

• Love 1

I don't think he is talking a specific event, which is why I don't think she will get hurt or anything. I just think that remark plus the EPs means they are going to give us a reason for her to be awol after 14 and it's a concern for Oliver.

6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't think he is talking a specific event, which is why I don't think she will get hurt or anything. I just think that remark plus the EPs means they are going to give us a reason for her to be awol after 14 and it's a concern for Oliver.

What I meant was that I didn't think the tragedy comment was referencing anything that's upcoming, but addressing things that had happened to the team in the past, and was also just a general statement that the show is full of tragedy because that's how they roll. 

• Love 1

I'm good with no tragedy for Thea.  I did wonder if I was reading too much into the interview.

Looks like everyone is in a better place except Thea and Felicity.

Edited by Sunshine
13 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Nah, it looks like 518's "Disbanded,"  you can see "J.J. Makaro" under director, and there's only one writer, same for 518. Unless they changed directors for 519/520 and J.J. Makaro's directing another episode.

I didn't examine it that closely - you're probably right. 

3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think that's a worst case scenario in terms of the stupidity of the writing but it does make sense if they want to limit WH's scenes for bts reason.  It's more in-show than leaving to find Roy for the final battle because they're fighting against one individual but they've got more fighter than they had with the Mirakuru army, the LoA or all of HIVE.

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

-- MG: "For me, [Episode] 14 is this fulcrum where a lot of the little seeds that have been planted in the first half of the season start to come to fruition and you start to realize, 'Oh, Prometheus has been setting up a chessboard.' And the episode ends with the next key move in Prometheus' grand plan." (Feb. 15, 2017 TVGuide article, page 53 of Spoilers thread, and Feb. 15, 2017 Entertainment Weekly article, page 1360 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- MG: "One of the things we went into Season 5 with the mindset of is Oliver's mayor, so without it turning into The West Wing, how are we going to find ways to have Oliver be active as mayor, and to everyone's surprise, be a good mayor, end up being a good mayor. And you'll start to see, actually - and this is true in next week's episode, in Episode 14 - Thea's gonna make a good case to Oliver, of all people, for all the things he's accomplished as mayor, and you start to see like, oh wait, in the first 13 episodes, he actually kind of did some stuff. And he's not done yet. Obviously, the season's not done yet. But we definitely went into the season with the goal of showing that Oliver is actually much better at this job than you might expect

I hope that Susan is part of Prometheus' chessboard.  Maybe she would finally make some kind of sense.

I'm not looking forward to Thea's valuation of Oliver as mayor.  Other than that crap Firearms Freedom Act that seemed to do nothing but guarantee access to guns so it sounds like it was about the freedom for everyone to have guns, anything he's done has been off-screen.  I expect it to be a copy of Iris and everyone else telling Barry how wonderful he is, and I'm not interested in that at all.

I think they're done 5x18  now because the Production office tweenteda picture of the crepes food truck paid for by JJ and Rebecca as a Thank You.

• Love 1

They are done with 518 but that doesn't mean that the pic is automatically new. It's just too much of a coincidence to me that the title is one word (like 518), it's written by one person (like 518), and directed by JJ Makaro (like 518), so part of me just thinks she just posted an old pic and the angle and blur makes it look slightly different, but I guess we'll see at some point? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

They are done with 518 but that doesn't mean that the pic is automatically new. It's just too much of a coincidence to me that the title is one word (like 518), it's written by one person (like 518), and directed by JJ Makaro (like 518), so part of me just thinks she just posted an old pic and the angle and blur makes it look slightly different, but I guess we'll see at some point? 

IDK why she'd post an old photo... Maybe she's not going to be in 519?

Just now, wonderwall said:

I want it to be a trick D:

Ha, my bad, I definitely think it's a trick. She's traveling back to NYC again and Tinah will be traveling with Thea in the episode off-screensville for their bonding time, so she wants to keep the consistent Arrow posts up to project that she's still there and keep the hype going even though she doesn't have the opportunity to post bts pics. ;)

• Love 4
Just now, way2interested said:

Ha, my bad, I definitely think it's a trick. She's traveling back to NYC again and Tinah will be traveling with Thea in the episode off-screensville for their bonding time, so she wants to keep the consistent Arrow posts up to project that she's still there and keep the hype going even though she doesn't have the opportunity to post bts pics. ;)

You're too kind :')

"So you know your son has become something else...someone else." 

Show, please stop with this!

4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

When is part two of the interview being released? After the episode?

She didn't indicate. Lemme go and see if she mentioned it on reddit. ETA: She did not.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Belinea said:

When is part two of the interview being released? After the episode?

My guess is after the episode once Tinah is officially BC so the article can be written around, "Will we get the GA/BC romance from the comics" or something like that. 

Just now, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, I cringed when I heard that. I hope Oliver asks for a picture too because people can change their names very, very easily. Please let him think about that. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

My head can't take the anvils.  How stupid do they think their audience is?  (Don't answer that because I"m afraid it's "as stupid as Oliver is".)

Asking for a picture will be beyond Oliver's abilities.

Unless they are going with colour-blind casting, Prometheus is a white male -- which appears to be about 75% of the residents of Star City.

Thanks for the info... So clearly something must or must not happen in the episode to vindicate the question. Either because she turns into BC or because there are romantic elements present, right? I guess we'll find out. 

But I am glad that Diggle's wife is back for an episode at least.

Lol how would Natalie know what happens in the episode? They showed 5x13 to the press, not 5x14. We are talking about the reporter who tried to create fandom wars between Olicity and L/O fandom using a clip of Thea/Roy, implying Oliver is getting close to both Felicity and Laurel. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Lol how would Natalie know what happens in the episode? They showed 5x13 to the press, not 5x14. We are talking about the reporter who tried to create fandom wars between Olicity and L/O fandom using a clip of Thea/Roy, implying Oliver is getting close to both Felicity and Laurel. 

she did not!! why is she like this?

17 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Relapse sex!! A girl can dream.

Drop a teaser video of Olicity sex (preferably the rushed, desperate kind). Viewers later find out it's from S4/S5 hiatus. Bonus if they use as the reason Felicity suddenly dates Malone. A friend texted this last night and now I want it.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I wonder if it means anything that Mom referred to Justin Claybourne by name and not as "his father." 

Yeah, I thought that was odd phrasing too. If Claybourne isn't his real father then who is? Robert Queen? And why is she hiding from her own son? Oliver's implication is that she's afraid of him? Why?

5 minutes ago, finnaire said:

Yeah, I thought that was odd phrasing too. If Claybourne isn't his real father then who is? Robert Queen? And why is she hiding from her own son? Oliver's implication is that she's afraid of him? Why?

I can't remember - was Claybourne having an affair? Maybe that's why she referred to him by name, thinking that having a kid with him wasn't common knowledge. 

Just now, apinknightmare said:

I can't remember - was Claybourne having an affair? Maybe that's why she referred to him by name, thinking that having a kid with him wasn't common knowledge. 

Yep, Prometheus is his illegitimate kid. Plus, to me it would be weird if they both went to the funeral of a random man who's not the father, so that's how I saw it too.

37 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

She also quoted EBR in S3 as saying her new role at PT was an assistant, instead of executive.

OK you'd have to be blind or have a vendetta against the character to call her an assistant and not the executive she was. Imagine going from an assistant to VP position. 

5 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

OK you'd have to be blind or have a vendetta against the character to call her an assistant and not the executive she was. Imagine going from an assistant to VP position. 

It was an interview posted before the episode aired. So no one knew what her new role at PT was at that time. But yeah, she's either is just horrible at her job or she has a bit of a bias against Felicity.

• Love 1