Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Question did those spoilers on Twitter end up being true? I haven't watch 5x13 and given the feedback don't intend to. But wasn't there something about 5x13?

what spoilers?

No one found out about Helix, no talk b/w Dig and FS, no secret being kept from OQ that we know of.....

• Love 1

I came up with a theory about what may or may not happen on screen and I thought I'd share!

So when Felicity finds out about Susan and what she knows in episode 14, she threatens Susan about revealing Oliver's secrets. Susan reassures Felicity that she's grown to have real feelings for Oliver and won't do it. She'll probably even come clean to Oliver about her investigation...

But what he WON'T know is that as a result of Felicity threatening Susan (which makes Susan curious about who she really is and what she really does), she will then investigate Felicity to not only replace the story with Oliver, but also to hurt Felicity for threatening her in the first place.

Oliver/Susan keep dating and he doesn't know what Susan is up to until 520 where he finds out about what Susan's going to publish (maybe he sees a draft of the article on her laptop IDK)... He then sees this, blows up at Susan and breaks up with her.

This would be the segue between Oliver/Susan and Oliver/Felicity.

After he breaks up with her he goes to find Felicity and tell her what Susan's been up to and she wipes her hard drive clean. Mayyybe there'll be a kiss in there. Maybe he'll also even apologize for not listening to everyone about her and admit how monumentally stupid he was being. Maybe he'll tell her that he just needed to move on because it physically hurt to feel like he'd never be able to be with Felicity again...

I don't think they'll fully get together in 520, but it'll be the start of them rekindling their romance.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Yeah, I guess the calling-out DR was talking about was 512. 

Weak sauce, David.

I saw that interview, DR never actually said what episode he calls Felicity out in.  The written article , the journalist put brackets around [this weeks]  which says that its implied.....the journalist likely was just wrong, in this ep.....Dig doesn't look like he knows anything....and in 512 he was in no place to say anything to FS

1 minute ago, LadyChaos said:

I saw that interview, DR never actually said what episode he calls Felicity out in.  The written article , the journalist put brackets around [this weeks]  which says that its implied.....the journalist likely was just wrong, in this ep.....Dig doesn't look like he knows anything....and in 512 he was in no place to say anything to FS

Well, it apparently wasn't 13. At least he said SOMETHING to her in 12.

• Love 1

Hmmm Its not a bad theory. I mean I'm not a huge fan of Oliver reuniting with Felicity under those circumstances I'd much prefer a Ray type break up where it's clear to Susan she doesn't hold a candle to Felicity and then disappears into the wind. But I don't think it's out of the realm that in attempt to give her editor a story that doesn't expose Oliver she instead exposes every one else on Team Arrow. 

4 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Hmmm Its not a bad theory. I mean I'm not a huge fan of Oliver reuniting with Felicity under those circumstances I'd much prefer a Ray type break up where it's clear to Susan she doesn't hold a candle to Felicity and then disappears into the wind. But I don't think it's out of the realm that in attempt to give her editor a story that doesn't expose Oliver she instead exposes every one else on Team Arrow. 

Yeah I'd hate for them to fully reunite in those circumstances - but I can see it as a beginning of a buildup that will lead to a full on reunion in 523

11 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I came up with a theory about what may or may not happen on screen and I thought I'd share!

So when Felicity finds out about Susan and what she knows in episode 14, she threatens Susan about revealing Oliver's secrets. Susan reassures Felicity that she's grown to have real feelings for Oliver and won't do it. She'll probably even come clean to Oliver about her investigation...

But what he WON'T know is that as a result of Felicity threatening Susan (which makes Susan curious about who she really is and what she really does), she will then investigate Felicity to not only replace the story with Oliver, but also to hurt Felicity for threatening her in the first place.

Oliver/Susan keep dating and he doesn't know what Susan is up to until 520 where he finds out about what Susan's going to publish (maybe he sees a draft of the article on her laptop IDK)... He then sees this, blows up at Susan and breaks up with her.

This would be the segue between Oliver/Susan and Oliver/Felicity.

After he breaks up with her he goes to find Felicity and tell her what Susan's been up to and she wipes her hard drive clean. Mayyybe there'll be a kiss in there. Maybe he'll also even apologize for not listening to everyone about her and admit how monumentally stupid he was being. Maybe he'll tell her that he just needed to move on because it physically hurt to feel like he'd never be able to be with Felicity again...

I could see this.

13 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yes, her spoilers are real.

The spoiler about the team knowing about Susan in 5.14.  Does that mean the team knows Oliver is dating Susan or that Susan is investigating Oliver?

Edited by Sunshine
3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

The spoiler about the team knowing about Susan in 5.14.  Does that mean the team knows Oliver is dating Susan or that Susan is investigating Oliver?

In 514 the team learns what Susan knows about Oliver. I assume they all know Oliver and Susan are dating since Thea, Lance and Rene know

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

In 514 the team learns what Susan knows about Oliver. I assume they all know Oliver and Susan are dating since Thea, Lance and Rene know

Thanks.  I was just curious because the twitter that posted the spoilers later posted that people were twisting her spoilers.

2 hours ago, LeighAn said:

First off Oliver worried about Laurel getting over head for one episode before agreeing to let her do her thing. 

There has been a sustained storyline of Oliver worried about Felicity and being frustrated about his lack of ability to help her because she won't tell him what's wrong since 5x10.

Second what exactly is the difference between "ship baiting" and setting up romantic anvils and rebuilding moments for eventual reunion? Like all those moments and scenes Oliver and Felicity had in season 3 prior to getting together aren't that un similar to the moments they are having now- so why werent they perceived as ship bait? What exactly is the difference?

Payoff.

What I've learned from seasons 2&3 is until right before a reunion, the show will work hard at making a reunion feel like a long shot.  Season 2 had some episodes that made Oliver seem all in with Sara (that one where Laurel was giving he and Sara love advice) only for Sara to dump him and walk away and it turn out that he was in love with Felicity.  

Season 3 had Felicity walk away and declare she didn't want to be a woman he loves since he treats them like such crap and then start dating and being cutesy with Ray.  Even after she decided she didn't love him she still didn't leave him.  And until the end of  3x19 she was still running to and hugging Ray.  And then boom, we got that moment where she almost tells Oliver how much she loves him while Ray looks on sadly.  And the next episode, Ray breaks up, she borrows his jet and "that happened".  

So I agree that the positive stuff we've had isn't enough to say for sure what is happening with Olicity, but all we ever get is bread crumbs (maybe the occasional crust of bread) until they are ready to really to pull that switch.  

Now the same could be said about a possible Oliver and Tinah hook up but it's also possible that they show runners have no plans on exploring that dynamic and at least right now, it doesn't feel like they've done any ship baiting there even if the name at times feels like a whole loaf of stale bread walloping us overt the head.  

So I remain in cautiously optimistic wait and see mode.  

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Thanks.  I was just curious because the twitter that posted the spoilers later posted that people were twisting her spoilers.

I'm not sure who twisted what, i couldn't scroll back far enough to get to her spoiler tweets. However,  for 513 i did remember that she spoiled the Diggle/Dinah van scene, which did happen. 

She also gave a vague spoiler about how Dinah was not going to be wallpaper and she was going to be all over the show. I'm not sure if she was talking about a specific episode or just general information. Given that Dinah gets her costume in 514 and the villains are an  All Female Gang, I'm thinking Dinah heavy episode. 

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

She also gave a vague spoiler about how Dinah was not going to be wallpaper and she was going to be all over the show. I'm not sure if she was talking about a specific episode or just general information. Given that Dinah gets her costume in 514 and the villains are an  All Female Gang, I'm thinking Dinah heavy episode. 

Right, it's supposed to be "Felicity's turn" for the propping in 514. Since it seems that Curtis and Rene might not be in field from the pictures (not sure, but they're the only masks not in the pictures), maybe they're off trying to get Rene his daughter back in a subplot meanwhile Diggle and Tinah have to take on the gang by themselves and Oliver deals with the ACU. And then Felicity gives Tinah a pep talk a la 313?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

I'm confused. Did the spoiler twitter also say that Diggle and Felicity would have a big talk?

I don't remember that one.  There are copies of her tweets here but you have to go search for them quite a few pages back.

David said Digg would "call Felicity out," or some such. IMO he was referring to their brief convo in 512, as he has a looooooong history of exaggerating Delicity and OTA scenes. 

Digg: Felicity, are you sure you want to do that?

Felicity: Yes.

David: Digg and Felicity have an intense standoff. #DelicityRises.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

This is why I have low expectations for whatever conversations are coming up between Felicity and Oliver, Diggle and Curtis. (Those were the characters mentioned in that interview, right?) 

I think they were talking about DR's interview, IIRC, MG's the one who mentioned the part about Oliver, Diggle, and Curtis talking to Felicity.

Just now, Mellowyellow said:

The "mature" conversation between Oliver and Felicity has got me going "meh" already. It's like warning bells flashing whenever they say mature.

They said that Olicity's convo about DMB would handle with maturity too

4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I think they were talking about DR's interview, IIRC, MG's the one who mentioned the part about Oliver, Diggle, and Curtis talking to Felicity.

Yeah, I just meant interviews in general have been hyping things that aren't happening onscreen. 

• Love 1
Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, I just meant interviews in general have been hyping things that aren't happening onscreen. 

I get that, but I usually believe MG when he gets specific about things that happen (not when he talks about reactions or character motivations or character emotions, but literal events). Like he said in 512 Oliver gives a speech to Diggle and Felicity because they crossed lines, and that's exactly what happened. WM usually stays pretty broad about things that will happen and DR embellishes, but sometimes MG gets super specific. 

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Mature I think is code for low key.

F**K that..... I want the knock down drag out fight we've all been denied ....and I mean over everything the DMB, secrets, HELIX.... ALL OF IT) followed the awesome makeup sex!

Edited by LadyChaos
  • Love 12

F**K that..... I want the knock down drag out fight we've all been denied followed the awesome makeup sex!

I really think that will never happen outside of fic. 

3 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I want them to have angry sex!!!!! The show doesn't make sense anyway why can't they just have random angry sex *whines some more*

Cause feelings have cooties.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't want them to be mature *whines*

I want them to have angry sex!!!!! The show doesn't make sense anyway why can't they just have random angry sex *whines some more*

But he's probably still going to be with Susan. I don't want Felicity to be part of cheating. 

I'm not expecting much from whatever "mature" or "adult" conversation they have. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, AyChihuahua said:

I really think that will never happen outside of fic. 

You know.... I don't need your honesty right now.......can't you just lie to me this once?

4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't want them to be mature *whines*

There is fanfic that has them secrectly having sex all throughout s3...some is angry sex

• Love 1
2 hours ago, weathered1 said:

The further into this season we go, the more it becomes clear that trying to make sense or predict anything is an exercise in futility.

Yup. They keep talking about how this season is "back to basics" but it's actually a totally different show now. They've disregarded all the patterns that were previously established. Isn't this the first year that the season premiere didn't start with him running?

At this point, they could put Olicity back together within the next few eps and I would believe that the teeny tiny Olicity moments we've had this season were foreshadowing, or they could keep them apart forever and I could just as easily believe those moments were merely bones thrown at us to keep us tuning it. It's impossible to spec because there's such little narrative logic or consistency. At this point though, I'm going to need to see some redemption of Oliver before I want him to be with Felicity, if/when that ever happens. 

My biggest fear is the way MG and WM have backed off of saying the flashbacks are over after this season, and are now talking about doing other sorts of things in their place. I could see them closing the five year chapter by doing a big "gotcha" moment in the season finale that flashes forward to a time when everyone is in a totally different place in their lives, and we spend the next two seasons figuring out how they got there. 

• Love 5
Just now, LadyChaos said:

You know.... I don't need your honesty right now.......can't you just lie to me this once?

Oliver is going to dump the reporter, who he never even liked. He and Felicity are going to have a very serious conversation about his actions last year, and he is going to apologize, with great vigor and sincerity, making it clear to all that he has learned his lesson (and will allow Felicity to make all major decisions about everything going forward, because he is really quite stupid). Then he is going to do a lot of nakie stuff with Felicity, ALSO with great vigor and sincerity. It will be portrayed onscreen in a very 320 fashion, only a bit more on the nakie side. Then they'll elope and never have serious internal relationship drama ever again. 

• Love 17

I don't think Olicity is the angry sex type, but I can still see "OMG I've missed this" sex.  But Yeah, I don't want full on cheating.  I'd take a kiss that they run away from and downplay though.

4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

My biggest fear is the way MG and WM have backed off of saying the flashbacks are over after this season, and are now talking about doing other sorts of things in their place. I could see them closing the five year chapter by doing a big "gotcha" moment in the season finale that flashes forward to a time when everyone is in a totally different place in their lives, and we spend the next two seasons figuring out how they got there. 

My worst fear.

3 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Oliver is going to dump the reporter, who he never even liked. He and Felicity are going to have a very serious conversation about his actions last year, and he is going to apologize, with great vigor and sincerity, making it clear to all that he has learned his lesson (and will allow Felicity to make all major decisions about everything going forward, because he is really quite stupid). Then he is going to do a lot of nakie stuff with Felicity, ALSO with great vigor and sincerity. It will be portrayed onscreen in a very 320 fashion, only a bit more on the nakie side. Then they'll elope and never have serious internal relationship drama ever again. 

I could get used to this  kind of grade A pandering.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

See that wasn't so hard :p

8 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't think Olicity is the angry sex type, but I can still see "OMG I've missed this" sex.  But Yeah, I don't want full on cheating.  I'd take a kiss that they run away from and downplay though.

My worst fear.

I could get used to this  kind of grade A pandering.

Let's be honest if we took a forum and edited it into a storyline we could create anything better than this season

• Love 5
Just now, LadyChaos said:

See that wasn't so hard :p

I don't actually try to be mean. I'm just a very evidence-based person, and this show's batty now.

Tbc, I really don't have any idea what they're going to do with O/F in the long run. I think a reconciliation is as likely as a permanent break at this point. (But not until the end of S5 at the earliest.)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Haha I loved s3 perfectly fine. I NEED fanfic to fix s5. But no one wants to write fanfic that even touches s5!

Sometimes fanfic is the balm.... I was hunting for a s5 ff that had o/f finding out Malone was Prometheus but .... alas nodda 

14 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I can really see that coming to fruition, especially if the renewal was part of a larger/longer deal than we know (which would also explain why they don't seem to be caring about the ratings right now). Even if it's not, I think they're enamored of those flashbacks and that method of "storytelling," regardless of how successfully (or not) they carry them out. 

I can see the next to last act of the season finale showing the team in a somewhat stable place, regardless of what that looks like, or conversely, everything and everyone in some sort of turmoil. The last segment/scene would be at some future point where the circumstances have totally changed for everyone. Then they could say that when they said the flashbacks would end this year, they just meant the original five years worth of flashbacks would be over, just in time to start a brand new set. Sigh. That could also set the stage for either (or both) of the romantic storylines we've been talking about. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I don't actually try to be mean. I'm just a very evidence-based person, and this show's batty now.

Tbc, I really don't have any idea what they're going to do with O/F in the long run. I think a reconciliation is as likely as a permanent break at this point. (But not until the end of S5 at the earliest.)

I feel you.... I have about 40 theories right now bc I have no clue what's going on anymore 

I feel you.... I have about 40 theories right now bc I have no clue what's going on anymore 

Oliver could show up as a centaur next episode, everyone could behave as if he's always been a centaur, and I wouldn't be all that surprised.

Felicity: Oliver, did you notice you were half-man/half-horse?

Oliver: Felicity, I've always been half-man/half-horse.

Me: Okay, then.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 8

I've read some not bad Felicity/Billy fic  Nothing with Susan though.

I'm not looking forward to another Dinah-centric episode so soon after 5x11.  I thought I read that Felicity was going to be the one to give Tinah her new costume.  Because that worked so well with Laurel.

4 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

ETA: Spitballing here what if Susan releases the information but, she's not betraying Oliver because he wanted it to come out?

Unless he tells her to print it or web it or whatever she does, it's betraying him.  He may want the information out but if she does it on her own, it's betrayal.

3 hours ago, LeighAn said:

If Susan thinks the way to keep Oliver's heart is to expose everyone on Team Arrow, maybe including his sister, she's stupider even than he is.

42 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

I can see the next to last act of the season finale showing the team in a somewhat stable place, regardless of what that looks like, or conversely, everything and everyone in some sort of turmoil. The last segment/scene would be at some future point where the circumstances have totally changed for everyone. Then they could say that when they said the flashbacks would end this year, they just meant the original five years worth of flashbacks would be over, just in time to start a brand new set. Sigh. That could also set the stage for either (or both) of the romantic storylines we've been talking about. 

The idea that they may replace flashbacks with flashforwards is part of what worries me.  I'm fine if they do the occasional flashback since I really think sometimes they are helpful or just fun and there has to be more of Oliver's five years that we didn't see.  But flashforwards would likely be resolved as poorly as last season.  The death was fine but lining up with the emotional place proved impossible.  

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The idea that they may replace flashbacks with flashforwards is part of what worries me.  I'm fine if they do the occasional flashback since I really think sometimes they are helpful or just fun and there has to be more of Oliver's five years that we didn't see.  But flashforwards would likely be resolved as poorly as last season.  The death was fine but lining up with the emotional place proved impossible.  

Agreed. I think for them, flashbacks or flashforwards serve a few different purposes: they pull a plot or plots out of thin air, think they're clever, and then use the time the flashes buy them in order to figure out how to get from point A to point Z in as unsatisfying and poorly conceived a way as possible, while changing things on a whim and all the while patting themselves on the back for their "cool twists."

I just don't think they're willing to abandon that storytelling device, regardless of what they said earlier this season. It's their comfort zone, and as bad as they are at them (much of the time), I think they'd be even worse at attempting to tell straightforward, well-plotted stories without the use of what has become a crutch for them. 

• Love 2

What i need to fix this season is Prometheus. It started out so good but right now we are just getting filler and filler and filler. Even they wouldn't mention him occasionally i would almost forget. I think this season has the lowest reason to fear the main villain so far simply cuz he doesn't do anything...

About flashforward. Loved the first one in S4 E1 cuz i really wanted to know who it was and how, and even more when Oliver said he was gonna "kill him". But then the moment arrived and it was not what i hoped... I think they can still do Island Oliver flashbacks but only specific ones.. like Oliver telling someone "i remember once on the Island where i...." and then we get a flashback of one of the 5 years when he did something we never saw before. Cuz i think there are 6 month gaps +- in the flashbacks too.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, DeadZeus said:

What i need to fix this season is Prometheus. It started out so good but right now we are just getting filler and filler and filler. Even they wouldn't mention him occasionally i would almost forget. I think this season has the lowest reason to fear the main villain so far simply cuz he doesn't do anything...

About flashforward. Loved the first one in S4 E1 cuz i really wanted to know who it was and how, and even more when Oliver said he was gonna "kill him". But then the moment arrived and it was not what i hoped... I think they can still do Island Oliver flashbacks but only specific ones.. like Oliver telling someone "i remember once on the Island where i...." and then we get a flashback of one of the 5 years when he did something we never saw before. Cuz i think there are 6 month gaps +- in the flashbacks too.

The problem with dipping back into his five years of flashbacks is actor availability.  It's not so easy to flashback to scenes that weren't shown during his time on the island with Slade or Shado if they don't have the actors around to do the shots.  Unless they just have Oliver talk to himself while he's alone or to them off screen.  There are time gaps after Oliver left Hong Kong and returned to the US (before he got dropped back on the island) and then after he left the island again before we caught up to him in Russia but really, that's his only window to have met new people.  

• Love 2