Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

49 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Does the Evelyn betrayal make Mayo less likely to be a bad guy?  I'm honestly on the fence about that.  

Well on the one hand she knows who everyone is involved with and therefore she could put him and everyone else in danger or b) he is the baddie and because of that wasn't so mad at Felicity last episode.

My personal guess at this point: It is not him but I am not mad if he turns out to be Prometheus. 

However, does that mean Evelyn will die? Will they kill off a teenager? Because what could they possible do with her. She knows Oliver's secret, so she cannot go to jail because she would probably spill the beans.

I think here's where that Stephen's comment about Mayo having to worry about his connection to Felicity comes into play.  Evelyn specifically asked about Felicity's connection with SCPD, and found out about her boyfriend. So, I guess something will happen to him in 509.

Unrelated, how do we know that CP is in 509? 

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1

IMDb is the only source that has her in 509, so take it with s grain ofbsalt. However, they didn't wrap her storyline up in 7 so she'll probably skip town at the end of 9 after its revealed that she has all this information about Oliver in Russia.

Billy is in 509 there is a BTS shot of him on set.

• Love 1

I have some wild theories to what that tweet could be referred to

- some scene shot on location that is going to be spoiled by the paps so he wants to prevent the drama;

- next KC appearance (beside 508). Maybe she is in 509 as well?

- he is addressing the people speculating on FP bringing back the Hood because of the pic SA posted.

5 hours ago, looptab said:

I think here's where that Stephen's comment about Mayo having to worry about his connection to Felicity comes into play.  Evelyn specifically asked about Felicity's connection with SCPD, and found out about her boyfriend. So, I guess something will happen to him in 509.

I feel like that had to be the point of that scene in 507.

You know, I was thinking that I wanted Felicity and Mayo to break up before he's killed if he is killed, because I don't want to see her grieving him, but I realized that either way, we probably won't see her grieving him. At least not on-screen. With everything else going on, it'll probably take a backseat. Maybe they'll mention, "Oh, Felicity's not here because her boyfriend or whatever he was died."

10 minutes ago, looptab said:

I have some wild theories to what that tweet could be referred to

- some scene shot on location that is going to be spoiled by the paps so he wants to prevent the drama;

- next KC appearance (beside 508). Maybe she is in 509 as well?

- he is addressing the people speculating on FP bringing back the Hood because of the pic SA posted.

Those were my theories too. Although for the last one, hadn't it been established already that the pic SA posted was a flashback to S1? Or could he just be making it official? Guess we'll know based on any tweets from paps today or tomorrow. 

40 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Yeah, I'm expecting her in 509 more due to her last scene in this episode than the IMDb credit. Unless Oliver strangled her, it doesn't make sense for her to just disappear.

Oh, if only... But I'd rather she show up in 509 to close out her storyline than to have to think about her showing up in the future. Although I'm hoping whatever Oliver sees in 508 shuts down any thoughts he may have about her. (Hopefully it'll also help him re-learn who he should trust and who he should be talking to. You know, NOT A REPORTER. Especially with that month deadline ending.)

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I feel like that had to be the point of that scene in 507.

Yeah, me too. Either that, or reminding the audience yet again that it's ok for Oliver to move on, since she has, too.

6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Although for the last one, hadn't it been established already that the pic SA posted was a flashback to S1? Or could he just be making it official?

I don't know that it was estabilished - here, we speculated that it was a flashback, but other people think it has to do with FP.

Edited by looptab

CP tweeted a photo of one of Lord Mesa's lunch boxes and said it was straight from the runaway. That was during 5x09 filming. 

If she is gone after 5x09, Im curious about how everything SA said about the their 'dynamic' works. I'm not sure there is enough time in one episode to explore that element of romance (unless the date was supposed to be the element). If he is winning her over and this isn't supposed to be Isabel 2.0, maybe she developed a crush and doesn't betray him but still has to leave to save her life - possibly because she is working with Prometheus.

3 minutes ago, bijoux said:

With this show, I wouldn't be surprised if one 2-minute quasi date and some light stalking qualified as romance.

I mean, they thought that Ray pinging Felicity's cell phone was supposed to be cute or whatever in season 3. And they think that we're supposed to be rooting for Mayo because he's with Felicity and ... that's about it. I don't think they even care about that relationship anymore since the whole point was not having Oliver "move on" first. They probably think that since they're giving Oliver/Susan those 507 scenes and using Felicity's line from Olicity's first date, bam, romance. 

I feel like 509 has to be Susan's last episode because of CP's role on Suits. I was going to say I doubt they'll have time in 509 to spend much time on the reporter if it's about Prometheus/has the S1 stuff, but then I remembered that Oliver took the time to meet her for drinks while leaving the team to deal with Vigilante in 507, so who knows. Unless they're planning to bring her back later in the season? Just have her resurface then with the Russia photo?

• Love 1

He said "elements of romance" not that there was a romance or a relationship or anything more thant elements AKA aspects. So, yes they're little drink/talk at the bar and then later run in for another outing certainly covers "elements of romance".

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

He said "elements of romance" not that there was a romance or a relationship or anything more thant elements AKA aspects. So, yes they're little drink/talk at the bar and then later run in for another outing certainly covers "elements of romance".

Exactly what I was going to type. He didn't say a relationship, just an element of romance. By the time the next episode airs they probably would've had several drinks and that constitutes some sort of romance. Now let her leave or die. 

• Love 3

As of this moment we have no confirmation of the Detective or Reporter in any episodes after 5.09. I like @ Carrie Ann’s theory for how we could get rid of 3 characters by tying them all into Prometheus.  I’m not expecting to get that lucky though.  It would definitely make the Detective “not like” Oliver or Ray.   In 5A the Detective isn’t really a detective on screen. He’s a boyfriend/ship stall.  The reporter got to be a bit of a reporter at first but that’s it. Now she Appears to be a romantic interest for Oliver. Even though she’s not in 5.08 and we weren’t treated to a hookup last night (sarcasm) on screen doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. 

I am wondering if the temporary love interests will disappear from sight but still be referenced from time to time in show especially IF Tina is for Wild Dog.  This keeps Olicity stalled but it also removes the threat of Oliver and Tina if she is for Wild Dog. Since both Tina and Wild Dog (based on RG’s Q&A) have a possibility of being regulars for next season, I am thinking there is a good chance that they would go there.  The temporary love interests for O & F can be brought back at the end of sweeps (5.11-5.14) or later in the season for whatever reason. 

• Love 2

With all this talk about possible series regulars for next season, I can't help but wonder if they know that Arrow's getting a sixth season, but the CW just doesn't want to announce it yet. So they feel like they can write whatever they want right now and stall ships and what not because they already know they'll be back, so they don't care if people aren't tuning in because of what's on screen now (whether that's the relationships and lack of, the newbies, lack of storylines for characters, etc.)? 

7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

With all this talk about possible series regulars for next season, I can't help but wonder if they know that Arrow's getting a sixth season, but the CW just doesn't want to announce it yet. So they feel like they can write whatever they want right now and stall ships and what not because they already know they'll be back, so they don't care if people aren't tuning in because of what's on screen now (whether that's the relationships and lack of, the newbies, lack of storylines for characters, etc.)? 

There has to be a sort of understanding that the network will renew their best rated shows, especially the one with the lowest effects expenses.

• Love 2

We definitely know that Artemis is somehow connected, whether she's a Mole or a double agent secretly working for Oliver (I prefer the first, it makes her more interesting).  We haven't seen anything with her filming past 509 and Rick Gonzales made that comment about missing her.  I think it's safe to say she's probably dead of left town in 509.

Susan also seems likely to leave town in 509 as Carly Pope hasn't posted anything about being on set, having scripts or anything that would imply she's in an episode.  That seems like a good indication since we've been able to track her episodes based on her Twitter/Instagram. Plus she's back filming Suits which makes it more likely her run on Arrow is done.  I could see Oliver finding out about Susan digging into his time in Russia after they've been "dating" (in offscreenville) for a couple of weeks.  Susan apparently is not a villain (per SA) so maybe she decides that he's a good person and she'll keep his secret but has to go to another town for a different story.

Billy is the hardest to figure out because the actor doesn't film much (or hasn't to date) and he's not very obvious in his Social Media that we can track him.  I THINK he's probably gone after 509, dead, evil or dead/evil.   However, there's nothing that guarantees it.  

13 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

No, casting announcements are like that all the time.  It doesn't mean that they're already renewed (although even I know Arrow is getting a S6 and I'm not connected to Arrow or CW).  All that is, is standard casting calls that give the actor an idea of the size of the roll. There's absolutely no guarantee that any casting becomes regular or recurring.  Nor would any show plan their entire season long of back season long story around the idea that someone they just cast WILL most definitely be a series regular the following year.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ComicFan777 said:

I think the world being invaded by mind-controlling aliens is probably a good reason to suit up.

I'm more curious as to reason why Thea and the rest of Team Arrow stay behind in the end.

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm more curious as to reason why Thea and the rest of Team Arrow stay behind in the end.

I'm not convinced they do. I think there was something indicating that CL was taking a video on the LOT set and it featured both EBR and Carlos Valdez. Felicity and Cisco seem as likely candidates to cross to other shows. And there were photos from shooting locations with Supergirl, Flash and GA with the legends. Dig was also in them. I point this out because I distinctly remember Heatwave being in them and I don't see the need for him to cross over to Arrow. Flash would make sense, but I'm honestly not sure whether the legends will show up before Arrow.

• Love 1

I think the ones in the alien pods are the characters in that TV Guide pic (Oliver, Sara, Ray, Diggle and Thea) and I think that Diggle is the one who is shot in 508.

Maybe it's the lack of focus on his character, or lack of pr, or lack of media interviews, or the fact that he really outpowers the rest of the team, but I have this bad feeling that Rory - the best new newbie  - is going to be the casualty this season, the death that inspires the rest of the team when they're down. I really, really hope that I'm wrong.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Maybe it's the lack of focus on his character, or lack of pr, or lack of media interviews, or the fact that he really outpowers the rest of the team, but I have this bad feeling that Rory - the best new newbie  - is going to be the casualty this season, the death that inspires the rest of the team when they're down. I really, really hope that I'm wrong.

It would have to happen when he's not out as Ragman though, so someone would have to tell (presumably) Prometheus (if he's responsible) who he is. But maybe Evelyn does? Because I don't see anything getting past those magic rags yet. I mean, he just stands there in the middle of fight scenes and everyone stands behind him and bam, everyone's safe. 

I really hope you're wrong too. He's my favorite recruit. I think if we start getting more of him around the middle of the season, however, it could be a strong possibility. 

• Love 2

The cast looks great without Wilddog so hopefully any death will be his  ;) I want Rory to be added to LOT and for them to have a magic-centric 3rd season. Yes the name will be confusing. They will just have to call Mick-Mick.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I wonder if the fact that he's the most popular of the n00bs may make them change the plan if that's what they're thinking.  Dolph L. was supposed to be on for only one episode but they're writing him into most of the season.

They really don't need yet another death to inspire them to keep going.  If they do, that's the flattest learning curve ever.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, tarotx said:

The cast looks great without Wilddog so hopefully any death will be his  ;) I want Rory to be added to LOT and for them to have a magic-centric 3rd season. Yes the name will be confusing. They will just have to call Mick-Mick.

Is that Juliana next to EBR?

That's a lot of grey in those clothes.  If it weren't for Felicity's  top and white coat, I'd go with the funeral theory.

It's episode 12(?)  Maybe Diggle's been cleared by now.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, tarotx said:

They are probably visiting Laurel's grave for some reason... 

My one hope for this scene:

Everyone looks at her grave
Oliver: There are 2 kinds of vigilantes. There are the prepared vigilantes, then there's Laurel. Don't be a Laurel
Everyone: Amen

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 22
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It's episode 12(?)  Maybe Diggle's been cleared by now.

I'm assuming that by this point, they've either quickly cleared his name, totally forgotten that they have to clear his name and ignore that fact, or they're going to have him living as John Diggle's twin.

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

The purples and red seem too upbeat for a funeral to me. Mayor thing, maybe? Although it seems like if that was it Oliver would have his flag pin on his coat's lapel, but this show isn't all that great with stuff like that, so who knows. 

Mayor thing seems more likely than funeral. Or some sort of event. Do have to wonder why Tina's there. And I'm glad WD isn't? Hopefully? 

But yeah, I really want to know what's going on here. And in the 2 photos EBR has posted, the one of Prometheus and the one from yesterday. 

• Love 2
Just now, Starfish35 said:

Who said we're taking them in the first place? ;)

You know what should happen. While moving Wild Dog and Curtis to LoT they should just magically get lost somewhere in between, nowhere to be found. :)

• Love 3
Just now, wonderwall said:

You know what should happen. While moving Wild Dog and Curtis to LoT they should just magically get lost somewhere in between, nowhere to be found. :)

ROFL.  Hey I like Curtis.  Or at least I did - I haven't met the Mr. Terrific version yet. But we've already got Ray.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

ROFL.  Hey I like Curtis.  Or at least I did - I haven't met the Mr. Terrific version yet. But we've already got Ray.  

Well... Let's just say he's not Terrific yet.

Imagine Curtis/Ray scenes though. They could geek out together :p