Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I was going to put this in the bitterness thread but I didn't want to spoiler tag. Mayo has more of a plot line set up at this point than Felicity does. He has the taskforce. She has him on the taskforce. UGH.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I was going to put this in the bitterness thread but I didn't want to spoiler tag. Mayo has more of a plot line set up at this point than Felicity does. He has the taskforce. She has him on the taskforce. UGH.

I wonder how much we'll see of him on the task force or if that was simply put in there so that Oliver would find out about Felicity's relationship with him.

And speaking of the task force, are we going to see more of it other than one guy getting killed by Prometheus and then everyone almost getting killed by Church's crew? Have there been any interviews about that that I've missed? I guess it all depends on what Prometheus' next moves are. But right now, it seems like the ACU was formed simply to make them very public targets. (I kinda wish Oliver hadn't originally announced who was on the task force during that press conference and hope he doesn't do the same going forward as more cops join.) 

9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Not to defend the show too much, but the show is more focusing on Oliver's and Felicity's reactions (the fact that he's no longer a secret between them) and plots to him on the taskforce than him actually on the task force, or at least from where I'm seeing it.

He kind of has as much as, if not arguably less, agency than Evelyn at this point.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1

Oh Mayo is totally worthless right now, but the Taskforce is a potential storyline and I'm wondering if his connection to Felicity is something he should worry about (going back to that quote from SA).

It's just frustrating that we have that and nothing on Felicity. Like if he gets hurt does Felicity get a pat on her shoulder and Mayo gets a monologue?

19 minutes ago, Chaser said:

It's just frustrating that we have that and nothing on Felicity. Like if he gets hurt does Felicity get a pat on her shoulder and Mayo gets a monologue?

I get that. If anything though, I would think, by the way that they're executing it now, the scenario would be he would get hurt and then Oliver and Felicity would have a talk about it while he got hurt and recovered off-screen.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

I get that. If anything though, I would think, by the way that they're executing it now, the scenario would be he would get hurt and then Oliver and Felicity would have a talk about it while he got hurt and recovered off-screen.

Or he'd end up in that one hospital room in the entire city, Oliver would visit him as mayor since he's on the task force, Oliver would then run into Felicity in the hall outside his room, they'd talk, then Felicity would go to enter the hospital room and... cut to flashback. Return to present day, the team's in the field. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Or he'd end up in that one hospital room in the entire city, Oliver would visit him as mayor since he's on the task force, Oliver would then run into Felicity in the hall outside his room, they'd talk, then Felicity would go to enter the hospital room and... cut to flashback. Return to present day, the team's in the field. 

Essentially that, yes (actually sounds exactly like what would happen), but ultimately the focus would be on that hypothetical conversation between Oliver and Felicity over that convo between Oliver and DTH, even after 505. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Belinea said:

The one thing I thought about in the last few days was: What is there left to root for? Who am I supposed to root for? I always assumed that whether it is in a movie, a show or even a book the initial idea is that you connect with a character and you root for them to succeed in their respective storyline. But the show took away a lot of heart and now what am I left to do? Oliver will beat Prometheus, Diggle's storyline is confusing but he will get out of his situation. Felicity/ Quentin/Thea don't really have something to do to write home about. And on top of that the emotional arcs don't exist either at this point. Am I supposed to root for Felicity and her 5 second booty call BF? Am I supposed to root for Oliver getting laid by as many women as possible in the shortest amount of time possible? Should I care about any of the newbies? Should I root for them in their quest to do what exactly? Is Quentin and Thea's storyline now father/daughter replacement therapy for beginners and should I root for them to have that relationship? And last but not least, should I root for Oliver to regress when it comes to killing or behaving?

Maybe it is a little to emotionally charged on my side but I feel like this season might look better and have better action again, the heart of the matter got left behind. 

No, I think you have hit the oncoming problem.  As the show is moving away from exploring relationships between the established characters and to just introducing a bunch of new people, it lacks emotional resonance.  Which leaves me to root for all the characters to get past this weird place where there is nothing to root for.  

In the meantime specifically ,I'm rooting for Diggle to fight for his innocence (cause right now neither he nor the show cares) and for the rest of the team to get behind him.  I'm rooting for the show to stop servicing Wild Dong's story at the expense of the rest of the noobs.  (And yet  I'm rooting for the noobs to stay in the background and be glorified extras in the fight scenes until I give a damn about any of them) I'm rooting for Thea to return to the leathers cause it feels like she's not even on the show right now.  I'm rooting for Paul Blackstone to actually get to do something.  I'm rooting for Mayo to go away or become something other than a ship block (evil or misguided minon works for me - just going away works better.)  I'm rooting for Prometheus to matter.

In the end what I'm really rooting for is the team to feel like a family again rather than a bunch of co workers with some history.

• Love 9

With all this talk about Oliver and Susan's growing dynamic, has anyone addressed how Thea's going to feel about this in an interview? She's already called Susan "poison" and knows she can't trust her after their initial conversation. I wonder if that will be addressed... 

Along those lines, has anyone talked about what Thea is up to going forward other than covering for Oliver and helping Lance? I don't think I've seen any interviews talking about her after the premiere that doesn't link her to Oliver or Lance's storylines. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

With all this talk about Oliver and Susan's growing dynamic, has anyone addressed how Thea's going to feel about this in an interview? She's already called Susan "poison" and knows she can't trust her after their initial conversation. I wonder if that will be addressed... 

The way a potential Lady Friend has treated women in Oliver's life hasn't been much of a concern for him so far (see: Isabel and Felicity), so I don't think it will be now, haha. 

What I don't understand is that even if the writers want Oliver to go back to being playboy Ollie and sleep around (ick!) - out of all the women in Star City, I really don't understand why Oliver would even consider sleeping with the nasty reporter that has already made trouble for him in the first place and she's someone that both Thea and Felicity hate.  Sure, she gave him her number and is throwing herself at him, but certainly "Mayor Handsome" can find someone nicer just off the streets if he is so desperate to add notches to his bed post.  If he insists on sleeping with a reporter, how about Bethany Snow...at least she doesn't seem manipulative and nasty.

• Love 7
Just now, ComicFan777 said:

Sure, she gave him her number and is throwing herself at him, but certainly "Mayor Handsome" can find someone nicer just off the streets if he is so desperate to add notches to his bed post. 

It wasn't even him she flirted with/gave her number to, so it's even more ridiculous, haha. As far as I know Oliver hasn't even directly spoken to her yet. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I guess that makes Susan = Isabel.  Should I be happy that now they're stealing from s2 instead of just s1?

And Oliver is still stupid.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

What I don't understand is that even if the writers want Oliver to go back to being playboy Ollie and sleep around (ick!) - out of all the women in Star City, I really don't understand why Oliver would even consider sleeping with the nasty reporter that has already made trouble for him in the first place and she's someone that both Thea and Felicity hate.  Sure, she gave him her number and is throwing herself at him, but certainly "Mayor Handsome" can find someone nicer just off the streets if he is so desperate to add notches to his bed post.  If he insists on sleeping with a reporter, how about Bethany Snow...at least she doesn't seem manipulative and nasty.

When did Felicity express an opinion about her? I'm hoping Oliver doesn't sleep with her because he can tell she wants to play him and be smart about it. Yup, Bethany would be a much better choice.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I think Felicity said she hated her when Oliver told Felicity about Susan digging up dirt on him and giving Thea trouble (don't remember details), but she said that she hated her already when she saw her on tv.

Yep. Felicity said she hated her.

I'm half-expecting a line from Oliver about how it's "slim pickings for mayors" or something. Because, you know, "back to basics." 

1 minute ago, ComicFan777 said:

I think in one of SA's recent interviews, he made it sound like this thing with the reporter will be different than Isabel.  Does anyone know how it would be different because it seems a lot of the same to me?

She's not going to screw him over. He's going to have "certain romantic elements" with her, and she'll decide not use any of the dirt she digs up on him. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

...so Oliver working HARD to win her over...really does the trick,then..so much ickiness...

I'm really failing to find a storyline coming up that sounds remotely interesting to me...

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 8

I suppose this is where Carly Pope's tweet about becoming an instant fanboy or something comes into play? So he'll do something to change her mind. Probably with his dick.

I'd seriously rather he slept with her and regretted it but nope. He's going to embrace being Oliver Queen in Susan's vagina. Character growth, yo!

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Based off of everything, I'm concerned that BTS (I can never remember his initials) said 5x06 is the thesis statement for the season.

Yeah, I worried when I saw that too. But at least we'll know based on what happens in 506 whether or not to skip the rest of the season, I guess?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is she a regular or guest star?

Guest star. None of these new people are regulars except for Chase.

6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Maybe she'll die?  That's how this show solves most of its secret keeping problems.  

I'm guessing that DTH dies honestly, plus they might be choosing to stay away from killing another female character for a bit.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, way2interested said:

I'm guessing that DTH dies honestly, plus they might be choosing to stay away from killing another female character for a bit.

Crossing fingers for the first and yeah, you have a point on the second, though if Prometheus is really protective of Oliver, he might not like anyone doing anything that might get in the way of whatever his plans are.  

5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Crossing fingers for the first and yeah, you have a point on the second, though if Prometheus is really protective of Oliver, he might not like anyone doing anything that might get in the way of whatever his plans are.  

See, that's why I have the feeling he's going to die, because that's one of the things he's got going for him for him to die, since he's helping GA/now on the ACU which is where the other cop Prometheus killed was. So I'm thinking one of two scenarios: 1) he's actually evil/working for Prometheus, gets killed or gets arrested before season is even done 2) he's actually super good and dies by Prometheus in some way either defending Oliver or Felicity.

Also side note since this wasn't even mentioned in the episode thread or any of the discussions: I liked the end scene with Prometheus and thought it was a good villain set-up scene, and I am actually interested in what he's doing next. That being said, I'm wondering where his plan is going, since the EPs have also been really vague on that, and it kind of just looks like a combination of s2 and s3 (I know, what a shock given the explanation of this season so far).

• Love 1

I am curious who the week to week fights will be with.  Church is dead but will the go to bad guys be his former flunkies or will Prometheus lead an army?  That last bit seems unlikely but there are a lot of episodes between now and when Oliver can defeat him.  Who are they going to fight in the meantime?

• Love 2

Why did Prometheus kill the cop in the premiere? He went and threatened  Church because he almost killed GA, but what was the point of #Poppy's husband's death aside from letting us know there was a new sociopath in town? 

Edited by looptab
7 hours ago, looptab said:

Why did Prometheus kill the cop in the premiere? He went and threatened  Church because he almost killed GA, but what was the point of #Poppy's husband's death aside from letting us know there was a new sociopath in town? 

Idk, at first I thought it was going to be because the cop was dirty and therefore another threat, but that wasn't right. I thought it was going to be a kill criminals and blame GA thing that he seems to be doing in 506 anyway, so whatever. So it seems just random killing, or (my conspiracy theory) her killed the cop so DTH could join the ACU. Or (my kind of real theory) he wants to destroy Oliver's support system, good cops included.

• Love 3

Mmh, my guess is for no good reason, haha.

I think it's not that Prometheus is going to blame his murders on Oliver, rather he is going to tell the team of his past as the Hood? Didn't the episode description say that the team would find out something about Oliver that could drive them away or whatever?

Edited by looptab
8 hours ago, looptab said:

Maybe to foreshadow that Prometheus ends up killing Mayo, (now) another cop on the ACU? That way they can say, "Hey, we didn't just kill him because he was Felicity's boyfriend and we realized that was a stupid move on our part, so we killed him. We killed him because he was ACU and we've established that Prometheus has killed ACU cops before."

• Love 6

My current speculation is that Oliver and Susan go on a date or two, but don't actually sleep together. Instead, he wins her over to becoming an ally and she eventually returns to Coast City (if you believe IMDB, she's in 509).  However, the experience will make Oliver realize that he is ready for a new romantic relationship. So if Susan exits in 509, he'll be all ready for the arrival of Tina (NuCanary?) after the mid-season break.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I have no doubt: they'll fork* 

I just hope we don't see it, well, I know I will not (on hiatus from the show), and please no kissing. Kiss is the most intimate act, and I would prefer to be shared only between leads. 

* reference to the best show currently!

I'm willing to give him one more chance, purely because he said "thesis statement".

But if I'm not interested in his thesis, I'm not hanging around for him to try to prove it.  If I want aliens, I'll watch Babylon 5 that he keeps referring to, a show that never broke up their key couple once they got together.

4 hours ago, Chaser said:

When's it going to come out some poor kid went to jail for him and got killed?

Roy who? What do you mean someone was electrocuted and left behind?

That was for The Arrow.  This is the Green Arrow, and I bet no one writing this show will remember Roy got killed for the Arrow.

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

My current speculation is that Oliver and Susan go on a date or two, but don't actually sleep together. Instead, he wins her over to becoming an ally and she eventually returns to Coast City (if you believe IMDB, she's in 509).  However, the experience will make Oliver realize that he is ready for a new romantic relationship. So if Susan exits in 509, he'll be all ready for the arrival of Tina (NuCanary?) after the mid-season break.

Does that mean we're stuck with Mayo through then too?

I can't think of any reason to keep watching if Oliver gets into a relationship with Tina, especially if she's a new Canary, so I'm putting all my faith in the ratings falling now that Olicity is toast for the foreseeable future and we're stuck with the show heavy on that charming, erudite Wild Dog.

• Love 8

I wonder if they are putting olicity on the back burner while they see if the new bc will be more popular than felicity and olicity. Like they'll tease bc/ ga to see if people are accepting to it and if they're not they'll go back to olicity and maybe keep bc on the show  just not as a love interest. I mean maybe the actress will be great, but I don't think they are going to end up with another ebr. Has anyone seen the actress on anything else? She any good? Do we know if she has any stunt training like fairy lots did?I can't help but wonder if they are being pulled in two different directions. Like dc wants a bc on the show but the network wants olicity because they know how popular it is. The only thing that makes me feel somewhat positive is that she's not got a comic book character name. I assumed at first they would take a well know comic character and just change her mask to bc.

Edited by Jessie2009
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I can't think of any reason to keep watching if Oliver gets into a relationship with Tina, especially if she's a new Canary, so I'm putting all my faith in the ratings falling now that Olicity is toast for the foreseeable future and we're stuck with the show heavy on that charming, erudite Wild Dog.

Yeah, I'm more than a little rooting for the ratings not to bump up next week.  

And can I just say how terrible a name Tina is for a cop or a mask?  I'm having a hard time thinking that won't change.

• Love 1

Honest question: why do people assume DC Comics has more power than WBTV/CW? That makes zero sense. TV is way more profitable than comics. If anyone is pushing shit into Arrow, it's the movie side, not the comics side. The movie side couldn't care less who either Oliver or Dinah are dating.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yeah, I'm more than a little rooting for the ratings not to bump up next week. 

And can I just say how terrible a name Tina is for a cop or a mask?  I'm having a hard time thinking that won't change.

I've been thinking the same thing that the name "Tina" will end up being a fake out. I wouldn't be at all surprised if, at some point, she is revealed to have the name of a comic book Canary because the writers do love their "gotchas".  

I would be sceptical that they could reuse "Dinah" again if they hadn't already used William for the secret kid, a derivative of William for Mayo Cop and Williams as a last name for the reporter.

• Love 2