Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

And Felicity telling the boy toy is not something she should get to decide to do without Oliver knowing since it puts him at risk too (not saying he gets to decide but he should get a voice).  In which case how could they be ambiguous?   Sigh.

Yeah, this isn't making a whole lot of sense at this point.

16 minutes ago, quarks said:

To send hardcore fans into a speculating frenzy, obvs.

That seems about right.  Particularly since I am sure we have given this episode far, far more thought than the writers room did. 

The real question, of course, is does the speculation translate to viewers. 

8 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

I kinda don't want him dying because I don't really want to see Felicity mourning some random guy she dated offscreen. But yeah it makes sense that he might be the one Prometheus kills.

I have a hard time believing they'd kill him right away if for no other reason than this show isn't currently giving me nice things but if he was to die, I wouldn't be overly upset cause I wouldn't expect Felicity to have been in love with the guy, just dating him.  All very sad but not a life long scar.  Maybe some guilt if his death is in any way tied to her secret life. 

4 hours ago, Mrs. de Winter said:

I hope you are right and there is something more to this.  I mean even Oliver had the excuse that he was trying to reconnect with someone from his past.  But Felicity picking random cop while trying to build a new team of vigilantes?  Is. Just. Stupid.

In which case why do any of these people wear masks?  I get that MG doesn't think the secret part is interesting but this would just be borderline ridiculous.  And Felicity telling the boy toy is not something she should get to decide to do without Oliver knowing since it puts him at risk too (not saying he gets to decide but he should get a voice).  In which case how could they be ambiguous?   Sigh.

Again, nothing we've heard says she's doing anything more than dating this new guy.  If she isn't really looking for love, than I have no problem with her lying to him about Team Arrow.  I would be shocked if she told him what she does.  He seems far more there to be a distraction and something simple and therefore not super important since she would absolutely be lying to him but again, they are just dating.  This is not supposed to be an epic love match.  I dont' hold her to the same standards in this relationship as I would with Oliver. 

Edited by BkWurm1
6 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Great response, but that tweet is...yikes. 

What did the tweet say? I can't see it.

Anyway, I enjoyed reading all your speculations - even though I honestly have no idea who you guys are talking about - never going to learn these new people's names. So what's the verdict? Is it Ritter or #Mr.Poppy?

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Again, nothing we've heard says she's doing anything more than dating this new guy.  If she isn't really looking for love, than I have no problem with her lying to him about Team Arrow.  I would be shocked if she told him what she does.  He seems far more there to be a distraction and something simple and therefore not super important since she would absolutely be lying to him but again, they are just dating. 

I still think that with juggling her problems at PT and being in the Arrow cave, the last thing Felicity needs is a distraction she has to lie to about where she goes every night.

I have the feeling that Prometheus kills Mr. Poppy but TY's character, who is Felicity's bf, is here to stay.

Clarity is supposed to come in 5.05.  Felicity realizes she can't move on or Oliver attempts to?

The most hack writing possible.  If that's what they did, then these writers should be working on soaps.

Just a random question: If Flashpoint does affect Arrow in some way, will that go back once Flash gets rid of the alternate reality?

I think WM said that some things will change back but not everything.  It makes me worried for poor Sara Diggle.

The one thing that makes me slightly optimistic is that Laura Hurley wasn't upset by the bf. I trust her judgement.

• Love 1

This is just thinking out loud but --

Felicity's line about Oliver having been "frozen in amber" for the past five months got me wondering if they're gonna use the hiatus offscreen time the same way they did between S1 and S2 -- time passed, but nothing really changed emotionally/internally for the characters [mainly Oliver]. Dig's still in the Army and feeling crappy about Andy, Oliver's waiting for shit to go back to the way it was, Felicity's still burying every feeling deep down, etc.

They started S2 like that as well, everyone was pretty much in the same emotional place they left off the S1 finale. It was S3 and S4 that had major offscreenville emotional development for Oliver happening before the premiere.

That would make the whole "ambiguous" thing work too. O/F ended S4 in an ambiguous place, and they're still in the ambiguous place in early S5 because NOTHING CHANGED emotionally.

Also, nothing I have read so far has changed my mind about the boyfriend being a tangible answer to the question "why haven't Oliver and Felicity gotten back together offscreenville?" Because boyfriend helps make the hiatus into emotional limbo.

• Love 4

Oh, I totally expect nothing to have changed over the hiatus except for Thea getting off the couch and, hopefully, putting all those candles out before leaving the apartment.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I still think that with juggling her problems at PT and being in the Arrow cave, the last thing Felicity needs is a distraction she has to lie to about where she goes every night. I have the feeling that Prometheus kills Mr. Poppy but TY's character, who is Felicity's bf, is here to stay. [snip] The one thing that makes me slightly optimistic is that Laura Hurley wasn't upset by the bf. I trust her judgement.

Now that we know definitively that Barry isn't the boyfriend, I realize how much I've pinned my hopes on the bf just being a gimmick. I'm starting to feel like an ex watching her move on, and it sucks. :-/  But, I agree that Laura Hurley's experience watching the show is almost always exactly aligned with mine, so I'll try to avoid despondency until we have more information about where this is going.  I would so love it if she's just trying to get information--in the pic of the shoulder massage in the loft, she looks like she's reaching up to stay his hand rather than encouraging more intimate contact. 

I was pretty surprised by how together Felicity looks in all of the promos and photos. Someone who is consumed with guilt and spending all of her time in the bunker normally wouldn't make the effort to look so fabulous. I don't even think the explanation that she's putting on a brave front but tormented on the inside would work; guilt and self-loathing are pretty tightly bound, so I would expect some outward manifestation to clue us in about her inner turmoil. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

in the pic of the shoulder massage in the loft, she looks like she's reaching up to stay his hand rather than encouraging more intimate contact. 

I think she's actually kissing it. Maybe she has a tiny hand fetish.

If I had to guess, she'll probably take his small hand in hers and then lead him upstairs. A back rub wouldn't seem so bad then, would it? LMAO

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I think that will come later when she starts unravelly a bit like 4x06. When I feel like crap, that's when I pay special attention to how I look because it makes me feel better knowing my lipstck is bold.

I was putting a lot of hopes on Flashpoint being the reason for the BF. Too be fair, the weirdness surrounding him enouraged it. I mean if there really is nothing there but BF it is a little encouraging I guess. He is so irrelevant. I just hope he ditches after the first episode and it's made clear Felicity was doing some avoidance with him. I wonder if there are two loft scenes because I can't see that being shocking. I wondering at this point if Diggle and Felicitys storylines were too spoilery or if the dude was full of it.

I kind of get the feeling they are putting the Olicity break up on Felicity. What I mean by that is they are giving her the stall with mayo (presumably because she can't deal with everything), because I do believe Oliver is going to say something positive in the premiere. It looks like she initiates the Human Target kiss (she has to make the first move because she was the party in the wrong). The big Olicity episode is supposed to be 5x05 which is also supposed to be when Havenrock comes to head. I can't help but think that's related. I'm wondering if they are going to make her issues the reason for the break up instead of his actions. I know Havenrock wasn't around but it could be in combination. She falls apart, Oliver says he wanted to be there for her but felt he couldn't and she says that's her fault because of yada yada yada.

idk I'm rambling.

I'm actually looking forward to 5x02. I feel like 5x01 is going to be a mixed bag of pros and cons. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think she's actually kissing it. Maybe she has a tiny hand fetish.

If I had to guess, she'll probably take his small hand in hers and then lead him upstairs. A back rub wouldn't seem so bad then, would it? LMAO

I only see what I want to see--she looks repulsed to me.  She could climb on his lap and wiggle around, and I'd still think she looks repulsed! ;-)

Honestly, I think they'll get Olicity back together this season.  Oliver's voice over during the promo about having no name, no family, etc. is describing his initiation into the Bratva and current day.  Whomever the writers pin the breakup on, the result is that Oliver lost everything.  So, I'm encouraged by the show's usual parallel structure of the fb and present day.  I just hope that their new love interests are likable enough that I continue to be entertained.

• Love 6

In that GB podcast interview (posted on page 201 of Mind Your Surroundings thread), he mentions that there's one scene with 18 or 19 characters together from all of the four shows.  Yikes!

I saw on Twitter that KC arrives in Vancouver on the 6th. I didn't see the source but I'm curious about that schedule SA posted. Thursday (6th) lists LOT and Friday is Arrow 5.09 (7th). Assuming that is just SAs schedule and all the reports say she is appearing in Arrow's episode, I'm wondering if they have any scenes together at all. 

Katie Cassidy did sign a deal to be a series regular across all Arrow-verse shows. What ways might we see her appear in Arrow outside of just flashbacks? 
Mericle: I can tell you that we're really excited about having her back. You will see in the episodes where she appears - Episode 510 definitely, our midseason premiere. Keep your eyes out for that. We're so excited about getting to work with her again and her willingness to come back. It's one of the fun parts of the show. People can leave and get killed and you can still find new and crazy ways for them to come back. I can definitely tell you that there's a way we're going to bring her back and she's going to be alive and well. And Flashpoint might have a little bit to do with that.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrow-season-5-spoilers-oliver-queen/?ftag=TVG_Twitter

And here I thought she was dead and the dead stay there or whatever they were saying last season.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 4

Maybe she pops up alive over on The Flash's season premiere? Unless there's a correlation between WM's comments on 5x10 and her being alive and well. In which case it seems like it'd have to be a Flashpoint ripple or something? Otherwise...why wouldn't she be around until then?

Barry!

Even after she is dead, she still gets the mid season treatment. Are you kidding me?!

So Flashpoint effects the beginning, the middle and the end of the season? 

Welcome to Arrow guys. 

• Love 3

4. Oliver and Felicity aren’t exactly on the same page, relationship-wise.
Things are impressively friendly between these former significant others — think season 1/2 friendliness with occasional reminders of the attraction between them. Interestingly, one of these two may be reading more into this attraction than the other.

This sounds...possibly sketchy due to the boyfriend situation. 

• Love 1

So Oliver thinks they might reconcile while Felicity is moving on. In 5x05 Oliver will accept that the relationship is over while Felicity might realize that she still has some unresolved feelings... That'd be my guess...

• Love 2

Wow.  Hey WM - If Oliver thinks Felicity would be better in the field than Curtis here is a thought - freaking let her back in the field like you use to and have Curtis sit the hell down (along with the rest of the newbies).  

It's like they want me to hate the show.  When are DR and EBR contracts up again?  Sigh.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Belinea said:

So Oliver thinks they might reconcile while Felicity is moving on. In 5x05 Oliver will accept that the relationship is over while Felicity might realize that she still has some unresolved feelings... That'd be my guess...

I realize it's possible this is all up to the perception of the reviewer who wrote that, but if Felicity has a boyfriend, I don't want there to be "occasional reminders of the attraction between them." It's ick, haha.

• Love 7

So Laurel is coming back from the dead due to Flashpoint?!  I'm guessing Oliver's "new" love interest this season is... Laurel. 

With every new set of spoilers that comes out, my enthusiasm for this season wanes even more.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

Oh god, Oliver is going to heart eye to Dig while Felicity is cuddling with the cop. I knew it.

How important is the boyfriend if he hasn't filmed since 3x01/3x02? Oliver doesn't know in 3x01 but probably finds out in 3x02. I wonder if Oliver blames the guys murder the Big Bad.

Actually, I would like Oliver to not find out so it's about Felicity and no one else.

If Laurel is back alive and well in 510, can I hope that means Olicity gets back together in 5x09? 

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I realize it's possible this is all up to the perception of the reviewer who wrote that, but if Felicity has a boyfriend, I don't want there to be "occasional reminders of the attraction between them." It's ick, haha.

I don't either but I'm wondering if it's like eye sex or something. You know, a side effect of chemistry. 

Im wondering if it's boyfriend or just friend with benefits.   

Because I don't want to complain that much, Havenrock and Felicity sounds like something I can look forward to. 

I know I shouldn't be mad but Felicity's story really annoys me. She is feeling guilty, dating, hiding her own secrets, hiding in the bunker and entertaining in the loft all while she cannot deal with the relationship with Oliver... How does she do that all at once? 

And even though I am firmly still on her side with the whole kid thing, I hope she is upfront about her new status with Oliver because I don't care for them lying about this stuff. Depending on how that story moves forward, I'd want him to date around as well.

Just now, tv echo said:

I'm guessing Oliver's "new" love interest this season is... Laurel. 

Since they were casting people, it shouldn't be KC. Because they already have her under contract.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

How important is the boyfriend if he hasn't filmed since 3x01/3x02?

Laurel Brown's comment on him in her review (#5 - that he's obviously law enforcement, and that we see him elsewhere in the ep) kind of makes me wonder if he's a corrupt cop or something - given that a few of the reviewers who knew that Felicity was going to have a boyfriend seemed to be surprised by who he was. I wouldn't be surprised by her dating a good guy, but I would be surprised by her dating a bad one (unknowingly, of course). 

Tyler Ritter has kind of an aw-shucks quality about him that makes that seem unlikely, but maybe that's the point?

I am amused that she feels the need to warn people KC is coming back. Talking about it this early is a warning.

Her reappearence may tie into her last words. The writing isn't subtle with her. Maybe you will see me again in another timeline...The Dr. said you would be fine...so...Hush, I feel something in my bones....You are on morphine how do you feel anything? Doctor!

• Love 1

All of the flashpoint stuff and the time travel and magic really does confirm how back to basic this year is going to be...

Am I remembering it wrong that MG proclaimed she'd stay dead and that some deaths are permanent in order to not be a laughing stock. Maybe I am just slowly going crazy.

I really find it so weird that they give interviews like this. Does that make people excited? Or am I just especially damaged?

Also Diggle's storyline is sounds weird to me: If he still killed his brother, he did it to protect his family. So how much of his family could have changed expect for the gender of the baby which is stupid but not a change that will tremendously affect the entire storyline.

1 hour ago, Belinea said:

Am I remembering it wrong that MG proclaimed she'd stay dead and that some deaths are permanent in order to not be a laughing stock. Maybe I am just slowly going crazy.

Remember these quotes from right after 401 aired?

MG: "It’s not a fake-out. That’s not how we roll... It’ll feel organic and very earned. It’s actually very elegant.” (Variety, ETonline, TVLine, Collider, EW, Hollywood Reporter and DocBrown TV articles, page 22 of Spoilers thread)

WM: "They will stay dead... We want to bring stakes back to the show, and so we’ll be finding a way to handle the Lazarus Pit portion in Season 4 in a new, inventive way that I can’t reveal. But it’ll be cool.” (Variety, ETonline, TVLine, Collider, EW, Hollywood Reporter and DocBrown TV articles, page 22 of Spoilers thread)

WM: “We don’t necessarily know who it is [that died] right now... We’re still figuring the plan out for the season, but we want it, obviously, to have resonance. If it doesn’t mean something to the characters, it won’t mean anything to the audience either.” (ETonline, Collider, EW and DocBrownTV articles, page 22 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo

I want to know if KC is coming back for an episode or if its an actual storyline. Cause it flies in the face of everything they said the death was and everything they are building the season on. 

I need a refresher, didn't they say LOT would be effected by Flashpoint later in the season? I wonder if it's past Laurel brought to the present. Technically, she would be alive and well but she would also still be dead. 

• Love 1

Death was already a joke with all the fake out deaths they have done throughout the years and would never be able to repair that image imo, especially when we know no one else prominent in the show is going to be dying for the remainder of the series (well besides Quentin). But they already have Black Siren who is alive and well so I dont see them doing anything "complicated" to bring Laurel herself back to life.

• Love 1

Dream 510: Bratva!Oliver comes to Star City, murders some CNRI client of Laurel's, hijinks ensue, and the reason Oliver never told Laurel about it in present time narrative is because he didn't care, so neither will we.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I need a refresher, didn't they say LOT would be effected by Flashpoint later in the season? I wonder if it's past Laurel brought to the present. Technically, she would be alive and well but she would also still be dead. 

Past Laurel wouldn't have anything to do with Flashpoint, though. Technically they could pluck her out of any timeline and bring her to the present, whether Barry created Flashpoint or not.

Simplest answer is that she's in The Flash premiere (or the 2nd ep, since Flashpoint is supposed to last for 2 episodes over there), and is back in 5x10 for whatever reason. In MG speak, as long as some version of Laurel is brought into the current timeline where that timeline's version of her remains dead, he didn't lie, haha.  

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe she pops up alive over on The Flash's season premiere? Unless there's a correlation between WM's comments on 5x10 and her being alive and well. In which case it seems like it'd have to be a Flashpoint ripple or something? Otherwise...why wouldn't she be around until then?

It just occurred to me she said KC was coming back, but she never said Laurel was. Maybe Flashpoint released BS and that's who comes to SC.

Unpopular opinion: I don't mind them saying Felicity killed tens of thousands because her choice to move the bomb did result in their deaths. I don't think ultimate blame falls to her, that lands with DD. She made the only choice she could, she saved millions, but that knowledge shouldn't stop the guilt. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Belinea said:

People can leave and get killed and you can still find new and crazy ways for them to come back. I can definitely tell you that there's a way we're going to bring her back and she's going to be alive and well. And Flashpoint might have a little bit to do with that.

This wording certainly sounds like WM's talking about E1 Laurel coming back alive and well due to Flashpoint - not BS.  This show will become a joke if that happens.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

Dream 510: Bratva!Oliver comes to Star City, murders some CNRI client of Laurel's, hijinks ensue, and the reason Oliver never told Laurel about it in present time narrative is because he didn't care, so neither will we.

That would work if it's flashback Laurel but this is an appearance that's outside of flashbacks. 

Maybe it's connected to the appearance in 5x08. If they are on another earth or something, maybe that Laurel is just as obsessed with Oliver and she follows him back to this world. Everyone talks with her and gets over their WWLD attitude and send her happy and healthy back to her timeline. 

• Love 3

The way she is phrasing it sounds like they will bring their Laurel back. God knows why....

Wonder how the tax payer will feel about that after the city spend money on that legacy statue. All for nothing, or what...

• Love 3

Ugh, I knew it. Oliver will be telling Diggle over Skype that he has hope for him and Felicity, cut to Felicity snuggling up with the mayo bread. So the ambiguity is totally that they're on different pages. Cue new love interest for Oliver post 505 once he finds out. 

I don't like anything they've said about Felicity as it reads exactly like hater talk to me. Like, "She's killed more than everyone!" "What kind of person does that?!" They can honestly miss me with this utter garbage they're pulling. 

And LL coming back alive is like the crappy cherry on the shitty sundae, even though I totally expected it. Haha. Bye.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 7

Fingers crossed we get a scene with her admiring her new statue! 

Is she going to have faked her own death or something, since Oliver & co. still think she's dead at the beginning of the season, and Oliver's trying to live by her last words or whatever? LOL, this show.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe it's something like in 317 or 319 when she was with Ray.

I'll try not to get upset with this 510 and laurel stuff. Maybe Oliver is between life and death and simply hallucinates her being alive. Maybe it's that famous "what if"..episode.

• Love 1