Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

For cheese purposes, ep 100 needs to take place on an Earth where Oliver is dead and Laurel is alive, be it Earth 2 or wherever. For max cheese purposes, it would be an Earth where Laurel's alter ego isn't a baddie-and where she reiterates her dying words to Oliver. 

Better get those sick bags ready! Oh wait, Bam Bam is directing so I'm already prepared! :D

I forgot she was locked up on Earth 1. Given she still is and Flashpoint hasn't changed that/she hasn't escaped/they don't let her out for some invented need of her poo scream, then I'm referring to any other Earth where she's alive and Oliver's dead. The "or wherever" part of my comment. 

I think that, like last year's crossover episodes, everyone except for Oliver and Kara will have pretty limited screentime - if I'm counting correctly, the episode already has at least 11 characters/cameos with speaking parts of some kind:

Oliver

Thea

Felicity

Curtis

Wild Dog

Ragman

Robert Queen

Kara

Barry

The drug dealer from season one

Some version of Laurel

That's without including Quentin and Diggle (not in the picture), the villains, and any other characters from Supergirl, Flash or Legends of Tomorrow. I'd be very surprised if Quentin and Diggle weren't in this - they've been regulars since the pilot episode. I'll also be surprised if Cisco isn't in this, since he's the other Flash fan favorite, and one of the characters capable of opening portals to other worlds, and somewhat surprised if Kara is the only Supergirl character in the crossover, given that a large part of the point is to cross-market Arrow/Supergirl in this episode. But even if Kara is the only crossover character (unlikely) this is still quite a few speaking parts, so I don't think that any character, other than Oliver and Kara, will have a lot of screentime/lines. 

• Love 2

I wonder if the world is like a flip. Oliver and Thea are dead and Robert and Moira are alive. ST doesn't have to come back, they can make references to Moira being out of Town. Maybe Robert and Moira are running their own crew. Diggle was still hired by they Queens and became apart of it. Robert went to Felicity for help and she joined too.

We see in a news clip Laurel married billionaire Tommy Merlyn. 

my guess is they go to a different earth. Most likely earth two because they already set up Robert Queen as the GA on that earth. 

these writers love repeating things. So I'm thinking this might be arrows version of The flashes trip to earth two episode. 

so at the begining of the episode, we have Oliver needed to go to earth two for some reason. So hr gives a speech the newbies how he will be gone to deal with something and they have to take care of the City. AND THAT IS ALL WE SEE OF THEM. Just beginning of the episode because they don't deserve the screen time in this episode. 

question is who goes with Oliver to earth 2 Barry and Supergirl. I think Thea is a given. 

Felicity and Diggle are up for debate. But it looks like Smoak technologies will be in the episode, so either Felicity goes with Oliver, or we get earth two Felicity. 

the episode theme other than stopping the one off bad guy should be Oliver examining his father's life as GA abd deciding what he wants out of life. Basically oliver reflecting on life when he sees a much older GA. 

doesn't matter if KC is there too many characters, screen time will be less than last year's crossovers. 

Edited by ARLES
Addition
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't understand that.

If I take a sec to think about what the people who hate her hate about her, he's either talking about Felicity arguing with Oliver (which we know happens based on earlier spoilers) or her crying. Or both, LOL. 

• Love 8

Yeah, some of those statements seems contradictory to me but will probably make sense once 501 airs, I guess? Like a certain group of Arrow fans will be happy, but the others will find it divisive but Felicity has a story beat reminiscent of her current character standing that haters will hate and fans will love but not Olicity related. 

Now, that can make sense (but I don't want to go into fan-talk, since this is just quoting what the tweets say and not commenting on my own), but given how press people generally cover/perceive the Arrow fandom, those statements seem contradictory to me.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, ARLES said:

so at the begining of the episode, we have Oliver needed to go to earth two for some reason. So hr gives a speech the newbies how he will be gone to deal with something and they have to take care of the City. AND THAT IS ALL WE SEE OF THEM. Just beginning of the episode because they don't deserve the screen time in this episode. 

I'm sold.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

That guy from comicbook.com hates Felicity and Olicity so it kinda tells you all you need to know there tbh. Haha.

What are you talking about?!?!? HE'S OBVIOUSLY TELLING THE TRUTH HERE

He says this while he actually blocks Olicity/Felicity fans he's never interacted with... lol
Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

"I hate her and this episode didn't make me not hate her."

Exactly! Although I'm not sure how anyone would change their mind over a character in ONE EPISODE. *eye roll*

3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

What are you talking about?!?!? HE'S OBVIOUSLY TELLING THE TRUTH HERE

He says this while he actually blocks Olicity/Felicity fans he's never interacted with... lol

I actually don't know why anyone is asking him questions. He has an agenda and bias. Stop giving him the attention he craves!

Edited by Guest

He is a ComicBook.com writer so he is tailoring his tweets to his audience. Im sure Fangirlish.com would frame theirs another way. 

Im honestly more interested in reactions from Chris Haynes and such. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

All I know is, if a white comic book loving male didn't like Felicity's storyline, then it's gonna be good. A storyline where Felicity actually expresses her emotions and stands up for herself.

This. I was concerned they were gonna try and make her all 'comic relief/IT girl' again because of the complaints that she should be like she was in s1/s2 but she's moved on from that. Not to say she can't/shouldn't provide comic relief but she should also be able to express her emotions and show her strength at the same time. I want these characters to grow/change not remain stagnant or go backwards.

Edited by Guest

Its the same guy. Yes in this tweet he is talking about felicity.

And now i am wondering if i am gonna hate what they did with Thea. Because honestly i almost got the feeling of s2 Thea.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 1

There is a thin line between WH making TQ more kickass Moira like and becoming unbearably annoying like she was at the beginning of the series. I hope she is able to walk that line and not fall into obnoxious TQ. I don't want to kill/send off OQ's last surviving family member/friend from his past. But if she heads down that direction, I wouldn't mind putting her on the short list for their annual character binge.

I'd be fine with first part of s2 Thea. I liked her. I still laugh when I remember her telling Roy that nope, he's not breaking up with her. It's the second half of s2 Thea that I have a problem with.

More praise for Thea. So she's better away from Malcolm? Say what? I'm shocked. 

ComicGuy posted any article that I can't link since I'm on mobile but the only point that made me go huh? was the one about Laurels words to Oliver. Something about wondering what they really mean. I don't like the sound of that. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Chaser said:

More praise for Thea. So she's better away from Malcolm? Say what? I'm shocked. 

ComicGuy posted any article that I can't link since I'm on mobile but the only point that made me go huh? was the one about Laurels words to Oliver. Something about wondering what they really mean. I don't like the sound of that. 

Am I imagining things or did a promo have a refence to Laurel telling him not to do it on his own? There's not much to wonder about there IMO.

14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Consider the source 

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

Am I imagining things or did a promo have a refence to Laurel telling him not to do it on his own? There's not much to wonder about there IMO.

As i understand it they filmed 5 different versions of that scene. It's possible they used a different version in the episode from what we saw in the SDCC Sizzle Reel. It's also possible that he's fill of shit ?

• Love 3

I'm guessing the comic book guy thinks Felicity is one of the characters that makes a poor life decision based on his previous tweet. The more spoilers that come out about this season the more I feel like their target audience really is the reddit/comic!canon!boys. Nothing sounds interesting or exciting, and I fear what they are going to do to Felicity. 

Considering MG follows this account I think that says a lot IMO. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

I'm guessing the comic book guy thinks Felicity is one of the characters that makes a poor life decision based on his previous tweet.

If he is referring to Felicity, he's known to hate her anyway, so she could save the whole freaking world (again) and he'd still think she did it wrong. I wouldn't invest too much in his opinion.

• Love 6

I don't think MG following the account means anything. It's a verified Comic Book account. He probably follows a lot of them. 

I feel like some here think the lack of Olicity and all the action action action mean they are looking to a specific audience. I don't think that's the case. The promo has always been action centered. Olicity got more attention in previous hiatus' because that was the story at the time. That isn't a story going into 5A. Oliver and Felicity aren't together so their stories are not going to be promoted together. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

If he is referring to Felicity, he's known to hate her anyway, so she could save the whole freaking world (again) and he'd still think she did it wrong. I wouldn't invest too much in his opinion.

Yeah I don't actually think she makes a poor life decision, just that he thinks she does? That's why I hate screeners and the reporters giving teasers because they all love or hate different characters so "tease" will be based on that. Wasn't there that reporter who claimed there was a "morning after" scene in 3x20? And then I remember back in season two there was someone on Tumblr who got a screener who said Felicity was really forward in one of her scenes, and it just turned out to be that "Does this mean I have a chance... at employee of the month" scene. 

3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't think MG following the account means anything. It's a verified Comic Book account. He probably follows a lot of them. 

I feel like some here think the lack of Olicity and all the action action action mean they are looking to a specific audience. I don't think that's the case. The promo has always been action centered. Olicity got more attention in previous hiatus' because that was the story at the time. That isn't a story going into 5A. Oliver and Felicity aren't together so their stories are not going to be promoted together. 

I don't care about the lack of Olicity promo (hell I'm not sure I even ship them in canon anymore), I care that the focus seems to centre on the action and newbies and masks and there's barely been anything for Felicity or Diggle. We haven't gotten much for Felicity spoilers, and from SM it looks like EBR has had a lot of time off- that's what worries me. 

Edited by HighHopes

I feel like Felicity might be one of the characters who makes a poor life decision? Or at least she should be. If they're going there with this Havenrock stuff and we're going to see the emotional fallout, I'd think Felicity would be making bad decisions, right? If it sets up something to be dealt with, I think I'd be okay with that. But I'm not convinced this fallout won't be anything more than one episode. IDK. I side eye all of these meh 'spoilers' tbh.

Edited by Guest

I haven't noticed the difference in EBRs SM. And if there has been less time on set, SA is too because of the condensed schedule he requested. That could effect EBR too. 

I think all the official promo has been Oliver and Masks and all the newbies are posting BTS but I actually think we've gotten a good idea what they are doing with the characters from the EPs. It just isn't getting the network focus. 

• Love 4

To head back to the crossover for a moment, MG has confirmed that Diggle was at the table read, just not in the photo, and that KC will be in the episode. And we now have a photo of Blackthorne shooting. Which means that the following characters are confirmed for the 100th episode crossover:

1. Oliver

2. Diggle

3. Thea

4. Felicity

5. Curtis

6. Quentin

7. Wild Dog

8. Ragman

9. Kara

10. Robert Queen

11. Some version of Laurel

12. The drug dealer from season one

That's twelve speaking roles, not counting the villains.

Not confirmed:

1. Barry (but probable)

2. Other Supergirl characters

3. Other Flash characters (Cisco as the most likely)

4. Any Legends of Tomorrow characters

5. Other Arrow characters (this would be a great time to bring back Quentin's partner, for instance, or Frank Pike, or the IT police guy that got killed off, or Shado, or Roy, assuming their actors are available.)

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

As i understand it they filmed 5 different versions of that scene. It's possible they used a different version in the episode from what we saw in the SDCC Sizzle Reel. It's also possible that he's fill of shit ?

Did they really film 5 different versions? Did they say that in some interview?

Edited by looptab