Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I don't think Sara is going to lose out at all. To me it seems like the EPs love Sara and conversely never know what to do with Laurel, as evidenced by how they've treated both of their characters. I don't think these EPs are as tied to comic-canon as people seem to think they are.

What seems as possibly giving in on the Olicity actually gives me hope for Sara.  It possible that the fans just need to keep being vocal and maybe, just maybe we'll get to keep Sara too.

• Love 1

Ra's al Ghul!!! Let's hope his intentions and drive that leads him and the LoA to clash against Oliver and Team Arrow is much more intricately planned and evenly-executed than Deathstroke's turned out to be. Comic-con, man. So. Much. Excitement! I love this time of year.

But, wow, at SA's declaration in that interview. I mean, that's some major stuff for a lot of people. If that is, indeed, the plan and the writers are really following through with Oliver/Felicity throughout S3 (or beyond) then:

Rr55Rxw.gif

But, really, perhaps this might calm the shipping arguments some. Also, maybe, the writers might ease off on teasing the romantic aspects of the show and write tighter, more involved action/big bad/mystery storylines.

I'm happy for the shippers, but it looks like the Sara fans (of which I am one) are the ones to lose out in the end.

Let's not jump to conclusions. They have repeatedly said that they want Caity back as much as possible this season and the writers seem to love her. There's still a chance that Sara will stay as our Canary. Perhaps, Laurel will have a different hero direction that Sara inspires her to become. I'm not giving up hope (it lies eternal in the human breast).

• Love 9
(edited)

Ra's! Super pumped for that

I do worry they don't have this show have all the Batman rogues. They're skirting on that line.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/wbtvs-night-of-dc-entertainment-brings-gotham-flash-and-more-to-hall-h-live-blog The live blog of the panel. I think it'll be more focused on Flash and Gotham as they haven't have had panels yet (unlike Arrow or Constantine). 

Edited by wingster55
(edited)

I don't think Sara is going to lose out at all. To me it seems like the EPs love Sara and conversely never know what to do with Laurel, as evidenced by how they've treated both of their characters. I don't think these EPs are as tied to comic-canon as people seem to think they are.

I agree.  If they were going to minimize Sara, they wouldn't put her in the show description and they would have dropped her at the end of last season.  Instead they're typing the big bad of this season to her.story.

Casting is underway for Ra's al Ghul, who will appear early in the third season though Guggenheim remained mum on when.

Ra's al Ghul, in fact, will have a scene with Nyssa at some point in the new season, Guggenheim hinted.

Edited by statsgirl

What do you think Ra's motivation/objective will be? I don't think it'll be Nyssa dying because it's too similar to Slade and Shado...

Well, Malcolm's motivation was the death of his wife. So I wouldn't put it past them to do it three times in a row.

The line in the new extended trailer "if half the stories I've heard about Ra's al Ghul are true, we will all pay," wasn't that something Oliver said after discussing what would happen if something happened to Nyssa?  

it's going to be the most amazing, the most dysfunction father-daughter relationship on TV ever," Barrowman promises. "I'll teach her a few things, yeah." Barrowman says. "I'm really scared right now, guys," Willa Holland says.

Hah! Hilarious

• Love 4

The line in the new extended trailer "if half the stories I've heard about Ra's al Ghul are true, we will all pay," wasn't that something Oliver said after discussing what would happen if something happened to Nyssa?

Yeah, from Heir to the Demon when they thought Sara was going to kill her with TIBETAN PIT VIPER VENOM (lol)

(edited)

Yes, it was. They edited it for the episode trailer, but within the episode it was in the context of Oliver telling Diggle that Nyssa could not die because of what Ra's would do if she did.

It may mean nothing, but it also may have been a deliberate foreshadowing.

Edited by Starfish35

From what I read her answers were...nonsensical.

EBR, CL, and I think KC all probably should be cut some slack since it sounds like filming went until 4 am and then they hopped a plane and flew right to Comic-con.  No sleep?

(edited)

According to the tweets i am seeing it seems that way. 

Emily Bett Rickards is totally babbling Felicity style on this panel. #WBSDCC #Arrow

Don't ask @EmilyBett to explain Felicity's romantic choices. She has Felicity's awkward style in that. #Arrow #SDCC #Zap2SDCC

Edited by Velocity23
(edited)
EBR, CL, and I think KC all probably should be cut some slack since it sounds like filming went until 4 am and then they hopped a plane and flew right to Comic-con.  No sleep?

This is likely true. 

What was this?

An awkward joke to a man she's met before (SDCC 2012, Paley fest 13).

Edited by wingster55
(edited)

The introduction of R'as Al Ghul and Ted Grant/Wildcat was expected, but it's definitely exciting as well. I have said it before. If done right, I think Wildcat could bring out a new and less boring side to Laurel's character. I'm looking forward to the casting news for both roles.

Edited by shadow2008
  • Love 1

I thought they were just listing all of the times they'd mentioned/alluded to Ra's on the show in that voiceover. Since they can't show us the guy yet, they've gotta let under-informed viewers know who the heck this other sword guy with ornate jewelry is supposed to be. That's a badass demon head ring he's got on btw.

"What do you expect me to say? I would win."- @amellywood on which of these superheroes would win in a fight. #WBSDCC” ABS-loutely

The #Arrow / #TheFlash crossover is called "Flash vs. Arrow." #SDCC #Zap2SDCC

(edited)

https://twitter.com/KSiteTV/status/493272482950832128

Episode 8 of #Flash is called "Flash vs. Arrow."

He also wants Stephen Amell to "please stand up and prove the abs are real." "Take it off! Take it off!" Barrowman is yelling. "I'm still gonna say, 'No,'" Amell says. They have a panel vote and Willa Holland and Barrowman vote yes. Amell doesn't take his shirt OFF, but he pulls his shirt up. And yes, the abs are real. Duh.
Edited by wingster55

If she hadn't dismissed an Arrow fan at an Australian con with the same type of answer, I might be willing to cut her some slack..but after that nope.

• Love 3

"Some" interaction? Does that mean he's not the love interest? Or it wasn't clear?

I still think that Ted Grant is Laurel's new love interest, but didn*t Black Canary have a relationship with R'as Al Ghul in the comics? Just imagine if Laurel's new love interest is R'as.

• Love 1