Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So twitter thinks they are just creating a graveyard with Grave stones they have on set and they won't show the names when the episode airs....

This was exactly what I was thinking. Maybe they are revisiting Laurel's grave for inspiration.  

Looks like last 2 eps (maybe 3) happening again over the course of 1 day again? Emily is still wearing that white top and striped black skirt.

Haven't they all been?

CR still has a scene to film with SA and EBR today. Surprising place - courthouse to get married? Or maybe she finds out about their night time activities and freaks out. Can't you just wear leather in your bedroom and as slutty Halloween costumes as a normal person?!

• Love 3

Have they? I don't think the last 3 eps of S1 happened over the course of a day. Neither did S3, if I'm remembering it correctly (unless, of course, Nanda Parbat really is in NJ as folks on this board have surmised. I could be totally wrong.

It may not be 24 hours, but the timeline of the last three episodes is always really tight. They're pressed for time, so they don't really change outfits unless it's to get into their (super)suits.

I'm fine if they get back together this season or wait until next (although my preference is to wait until next season), but I don't want even the hint of a wedding.  Save that for another time because there is too much going on at the end of the season.

• Love 2

I'm fine if they get back together this season or wait until next (although my preference is to wait until next season), but I don't want even the hint of a wedding.  Save that for another time because there is too much going on at the end of the season.

I rather they wait until next season, just because the reasons behind the break up are pretty huge and way too recent.

If they really want them to be around each other outside the lair than have them practically date but thinking they are mere "friends with benefits" and have Oliver work his ass off trying to convince Felicity to give him a proper chance again.

Like seriously I want season 4 to end with them going to grab a burger at Big Belly as friends but than end up having sex. Than I want season 5 to open with Felicity and Oliver doing the running; specifically having Felicity leave the loft after a night of hot no strings attached (yea right!) sex, for Oliver to wake up (because he would totally feel it when she's not in bed) and run after her catching her right before she walks out the door. I want them to have this super awkward conversation where Oliver tells her she doesn't have to leave and she can stay the night, but Felicity says she has a meeting (or some other lie) so she really needs to go home and get some sleep, cue she leaves and we see shots of both of them on the other side of the door taking a deep breath to compose themselves.

Than have them continue to be FWB behind the team's back (come on a secret relationship is always fun- especially when everyone knows but the couple doesn't know everyone knows) and than have them realize they are idiots for thinking this was just FWB and have the wedding during the crossover.

Everyone happy! [Edited by mod: Fan talk.]

I mean it's a totally tropey (sp?) scenario but that's the only way I see it happening, and it leaves alot of space for some hilarious comedy to ensue.

So that's what I want to see happen.

Writers make it happen!

Full disclosure- I will also be very A-Okay to have this scenario play out in Fanfiction form. just sayin.

Edited by MuuMuuChainsmoker
  • Love 3

I think if there is a quickie wedding it will be between Quentin & Donna.  Because its pretty clear that relationship is on an accelerated route. And it would make sense that OQ & FS would be there since OQ is basically the only family QL has left in SC & FS for obvious daughter reasons.

I actually could see them going the tropey route and having OQ & FS serve as Best Man/Maid of Honor which in turn makes them come to terms more with their own feelings. Perhaps there is a hint of reconciliation (if they are not already back together) or even a possible re-engagement which is then thwarted in the last sec by the cavernous space cliffhanger.

• Love 1

I think if there is a quickie wedding it will be between Quentin & Donna. Because its pretty clear that relationship is on an accelerated route. And it would make sense that OQ & FS would be there since OQ is basically the only family QL has left in SC & FS for obvious daughter reasons.

I actually could see them going the tropey route and having OQ & FS serve as Best Man/Maid of Honor which in turn makes them come to terms more with their own feelings. Perhaps there is a hint of reconciliation (if they are not already back together) or even a possible re-engagement which is then thwarted in the last sec by the cavernous space cliffhanger.

That would probably only work if they aren't getting married at the courthouse. I'm pretty sure Paul mentioned he finished his scenes for the finale yesterday

I'm prepared for lots of scenarios with O/F. If they get back together, they could just agree to date and take it slowly. Great. We'll miss all the flirty flirt and taking it slow during the hiatus but we always have done. For the record, I don't think this will happen.

They could also get back together in a big way and have a quick wedding. Not ideal but I've learned that we always get Olicity but not in the way we want on this show. LOL. I'll roll with it and this seems likely considering their engagement/marriage has been a big theme of this season. Oliver started off the season wanting to propose. It usually comes full circle. 

Maybe they get back together but are torn apart by outside sources. They'll also be apart for 5 months and whatever happens during that time would probably take a while to come back from. 

Then there's also the possibility that they won't get back together at all which would make more sense given their issues they need to work through but doesn't make any sense given the fact that they broke up in sweeps. I feel like if they didn't want them to get back together, they would have split up at the end of the season. 

I'M PREPARED FOR EVERYTHING, WRITERS. BRING IT.

• Love 4

That's why i'm saying the FWB scenario is the best one! it gives them reason to be around each other all hiatus, but it's a very low key status quo type of reason that doesn't really provide the space to create any meaningful flirty flirt moments or actual relationship growth that the audience will miss (like post season 2 & 3)

Edited by foreverevolving

That would probably only work if they aren't getting married at the courthouse. I'm pretty sure Paul mentioned he finished his scenes for the finale yesterday

He did. CR is having scene(s) with SA and EBR tomorrow.

I for one do not want Oliver and Felicity in a friends with benefits in the slightest. This isn't the early days, they both know how they feel about each other and I feel trying to do that woukd be insanity on their part. Felicity walked away from the team because being around each other after breaking up was too hard for the both of them. I don't see how having no strings attached sex would be any easier. I firmly vote no here.

• Love 14

I have absolutely zero doubt that they'll get back together and end the series together. The only way I can see that not happening is SA or EBR leaving the show for whatever reason, which is pretty unlikely. I am not at all sure whether they'll end the season back together, but I think yes, but then outside forces interfere. 

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 4

I for one do not want Oliver and Felicity in a friends with benefits in the slightest. This isn't the early days, they both know how they feel about each other and I feel trying to do that woukd be insanity on their part. Felicity walked away from the team because being around each other after breaking up was too hard for the both of them. I don't see how having no strings attached sex would be any easier. I firmly vote no here.

ITA. I don't see how them being Friends with Benefits would be consistent with either of their characterizations at this point.

Ever since Glen Winter posted the pic of SA and EBR all dressed up I've been wondering if we were going to get a 'start fresh' reconciliation between Oliver and Felicity. Where they decide to take things slowly and start off by having another 'first date,' hopefully sans anything blowing up. I think that would make sense given how quickly their relationship progressed - I mean they slept together once and then basically started living together shortly after. They moved pretty fast the first time, so taking the opposite route would be a good decision given the reasons behind the initial break up. It also means we would probably miss out on them rebuilding their relationship over the summer break, which is basically what the writers did last year and we know how much they like to repeat themselves.

• Love 9

Did DR already wrap s4? I only ask because there's been no sign of Diggle with the others so it really does make me think that he probably leaves the team in the finale. Whatever happens everyone seems very separated. 

Edited by Angel12d

Ever since Glen Winter posted the pic of SA and EBR all dressed up I've been wondering if we were going to get a 'start fresh' reconciliation between Oliver and Felicity. Where they decide to take things slowly and start off by having another 'first date,' hopefully sans anything blowing up. I think that would make sense given how quickly their relationship progressed - I mean they slept together once and then basically started living together shortly after. They moved pretty fast the first time, so taking the opposite route would be a good decision given the reasons behind the initial break up. It also means we would probably miss out on them rebuilding their relationship over the summer break, which is basically what the writers did last year and we know how much they like to repeat themselves.

The thing is moving fast was never really their problem.  The BMD was.  Whether the relationship moved slow or fast, the BMD would have broken them up because of Oliver's actions/choices.  If they take it slow now, it really doesn't change things between them.  Besides BMD, Oliver and Felicity were perfect together.  If they decided to date, Oliver could easily do the same thing again when the situation gets tough and then we would be right where we are now - taking it slow is along the same lines as Diggle saying that all Felicity needs is time and she'll come around.  Taking it slow wouldn't solve anything.  They need a particular situation/event to happen to show that Oliver wouldn't do it again and that he's changed.  I don't think they would dance around it after that - they are both all in once Felicity knows that he's changed.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 11

Did anyone else watch JBs Facebook video about wrapping S4?

I don't know if he was just really tired, but he seemed down and possibly emotional.

Giving me hope Malcolm bites it. And also makes me sad for JB.

• Love 5

Yeah, he did see like he might be getting a little teary, and something about the way he said "It's been great fun" makes me think maybe, FINALLY Malcolm bites it.

But I won't get my hopes up. Merlyn is an IRL cock roach, and would probably survive the apocalypse.

• Love 2

The thing is moving fast was never really their problem.  The BMD was.  Whether the relationship moved slow or fast, the BMD would have broken them up because of Oliver's actions/choices.  If they take it slow now, it really doesn't change things between them.  Besides BMD, Oliver and Felicity were perfect together.  If they decided to date, Oliver could easily do the same thing again when the situation gets tough and then we would be right where we are now - taking it slow is along the same lines as Diggle saying that all Felicity needs is time and she'll come around.  Taking it slow wouldn't solve anything.  They need a particular situation/event to happen to show that Oliver wouldn't do it again and that he's changed.  I don't think they would dance around it after that - they are both all in once Felicity knows that he's changed.

I disagree. Since, ultimately, the path to resolving their issues revolves around Oliver changing, proving that he's changed and then Felicity deciding whether or not to trust him again, I think taking the slower road makes a lot of sense. The kind of change Oliver needs to make isn't really something that can be solved with a 'big moment,' although that could be a catalyst for Felicity being open to trying with Oliver again. I could see that happening, and then Oliver working to prove he really has changed and rebuilding Felicity's trust in him over time. So, they'll be together but not re-engaged right away.

Also, I think an argument could be made that moving too fast was kind of an issue, because it doesn't seem as if Oliver and Felicity really dealt with any of Oliver's dumb season 3 choices - and the part of Oliver that made those dumb choices is the same part that led to Felicity breaking it off with him. I sort of wonder if that wasn't part of what the writers were going for, it's just that the writers bungle it on the execution every time. Like, there's often a good framework for a storyline if you dig deep enough, but when it comes to filling it out and actually building it up over the season they end up totally whiffing it.

Anyway, I feel like this all makes sense so it probably won't happen, lol.

Also, I really like the idea that Felicity and Oliver go to Lian Yu in 4x20. I've been thinking that's maybe why the writers had Felicity bring up the island when she broke it off with Oliver, cause it felt like a weird mention at the time.

• Love 3

I was just speculating because Madison tweeted yesterday that her dog got to see "some Arrow 419" and she's standing in front of a building that says "ADR".  Why else would she be back... unless maybe she secretly recorded something for 423?

Ok, I want the super last 5 episodes promo. Where is it???? 

I'm guessing tomorrow or Thursday. The multi-episode promo dropped on a Thursday morning last year. If we even get one.

Spoiler bits from SA's latest FB live session, featuring PB:

- SA's wearing camo pants, so I'm guessing he's shooting flashbacks

- PB was a part of the Friday night/Saturday AM filming

-EK might have also been there. SA told a story about how Echo fell asleep while on camera. Although in his defense, he was supposed to be unconscious in the scene.

• Love 3

Arrow's done ADR and last minute edits up to three days before official broadcast before, although in one case (in the second season) that was apparently just because someone had either miscalculated or miscommunicated the episode length, and they had to shave off another 30 seconds to accommodate already sold ad buys.  In another case they needed a last minute ADR because of a technical error.

Edited by quarks
  • Love 4

Even if MM bites it this season, I still bet he'll be back in another season.

I've gotta agree with the statement that he is a cockroach & will survive the apocalypse. He seemed to even survive the xover everyone turns to ash & dies.

It is my firm belief that the show will end with Oliver's last kill and that will be Malcolm. It fits OQs journey. It fits the comics. It fits TPTB love of JB. And it's the perfect bookend to S1 since it is MMs fault that OQ became a killer in the first place.

• Love 1

No clue whose grave they'd be visiting. Is it Laurel's and they've moved the set because they couldn't secure the same location? Moira's, maybe? Tommy's in a new area? 

In other words, I have no idea.

Oliver and Felicity are honoring their "friend" by getting back together, maybe even engaged, at LL's grave (I may have vomited in my mouth a little).

"Laurel," Oliver says, reaching out and touching her headstone. "You wanted us to find our way back to each other." ::reaches out, takes Felicity's hand. They give each other watery smiles:: "We have." 

LMAO

• Love 7