Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Also, when will Oliver remember he has a magical tattoo? Is it going to help them fight DD or just an awesome reason for SA to be shirtless? 

I'm also slightly bummed that I think "him" is now DD instead of MM. How can I get pandered to so he gets dead?

• Love 8

I'd be happy to be wrong, but I don't recall ever seeing it before. Didn't they just bang in front of the open window like two of the tackiest a-holes around, and then kiss once in the foyer of Queen Mansion? I don't remember anything else. I'm hoping it's old and that we aren't going to see them behaving like this after Tommy died, but I think we are. 

I honestly don't know if and when they kissed at other time(s) in S1. But it doesn't look familiar now that I've seen the extended promo. Since it's Lance family flashback episode, maybe it's Laurel imagining Ollie coming back from the dead? I'm grasping at straws here.

I approve of Oliver apparently being the one left to hold the team and shit together. I also approve of Dig clocking Mrs Evil.

Also, when will Oliver remember he has a magical tattoo? Is it going to help them fight DD or just an awesome reason for SA to be shirtless? 

Does it really help in fighting him? I mean, it hasn't helpd him fight Reiter. He was just used as a human GPS. I think.

• Love 1

Whoa, Diggle just straight up whacks Ruve in the face. MY DIGGLE IS LOSING IT. 

I still really could do without seeing O/L kissing again though. Uh...no thank you.

(edited)

It doesn't look like Diggle actually hits Ruve, though. Just makes an arching, threatening motion close enough to her face to make her flinch. Also, Diggle bangs his helmet against a car. I guess he's the one who breaks his own face mask, which is why Cisco will be designing a new, improved one for him?

There's either a journal or a photo album near Laurel and Oliver's feet when they kiss in the promo. It kinda makes me think that this is post-S1/pre-S2 Lian Yu and they were reminiscing about Tommy right after he died. Then, I guess they got caught up in feelings and kiss? Poor dead Tommy.

I think the magical Chinese character tattoo has already served its purpose when it made ghost!Conklin think that Oliver was "worthy" to pass and gain access to the totem. Much like the shark bite, it was kind of an underwhelming explanation of Oliver's scars/tattoos. I don't remember the magical tattoo glowing at any other time other than since.

ETA: Is it for sure that the line SA teased (the "I thought of you") was about Felicity? I know that SA usually teases Oliver/Felicity moments but what if it turns out that it's Oliver to Laurel when he's telling her in the flashbacks that her picture on the island was what he kept looking at to think of home? They've already brought up that picture countless times this episode, why not bring it back up one more time in Laurel's In Memoriam episode?

Edited by SleepDeprived
  • Love 1

ETA: Is it for sure that the line SA teased (the "I thought of you") was about Felicity? I know that SA usually teases Oliver/Felicity moments but what if it turns out that it's Oliver to Laurel when he's telling her in the flashbacks that her picture on the island was what he kept looking at to think of home? They've already brought up that picture countless times this episode, why not bring it back up one more time in Laurel's In Memoriam episode?

"I thought of you" is definitely an Olicity tease. He wrote it in response to the fan asking him about his favorite recent Olicity scene, and he wrote it on an Olicity photo.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm going to swallow Laurel being brought up by the others as this advice-giver, wisdom-carrier person she definitely wasn't, since she is now off the show. But I won't like it, haha.

Eww to that kiss. 

It makes sense Diggle is the one losing it since her death was a consequence of him trusting his brother.

Now give me the Russian flashbacks stat! I believe someone here called it that he might go there looking for Poppy's family?

Edited by looptab
  • Love 5

"I thought of you" is definitely an Olicity tease. He wrote it in response to the fan asking him about his favorite recent Olicity scene, and he wrote it on an Olicity photo.

Ah. Good. That's good. Thanks for easing my mind. :)

• Love 2

I rewatched that last scene with Laurel and Oliver to try and figure out the promise. I don't get it.

She didn't know she was going to die. She told him he is the love of her life. He asked why she was telling him this and she said anything could happen. If it wasn't followed by the promise me something, I would believe she was trying to get back together with him. 

(edited)

If they did that to pull some plot out of their asses at a later time, I really have no idea what could that be. It's not like Laurel had some sort of outside connections to criminal organizations or something like that, so..?

Edited by looptab

I was thinking about the limo scene yesterday. The last two episodes left Oliver and Felicity in cordial place. So I really don't think there will be any animosity there. There will be rage (directed at Darhk, Malcolm, Andy) and, I suspect, Felicity not being comfortable enough to be vulnerable with Oliver anymore.

• Love 2

I did not expect a search for another Lazarus pit. I hope they check if Constantine is out of Hell before they go hunting it down.

The second interview is a little confusing to me.

I don’t want to spoil it, honestly. Madison is terrific, she’s in Episode 19 in a circumstance that is very dependent upon the events of [this week’s episode]. [Arrow writer] Brain Ford Sullivan pitched a very interesting story involving her character that is something we haven’t done on the show, and is something I don’t think any show has ever done.

First I felt justified in thinking she's the one who dons the BC costume. But what is this of something no other show has done. Obviously it's hyperbole either way, but this show already did the picking up dead hero's mask thing.

(edited)

Now that I've thought about the kiss - it's probably when Oliver gives Laurel the picture that she had in the hospital.  I can only hope he's going to put it in the casket with her so we are done with it.

As to the blonde in the BC outfit - I'm not convinced it's someone but maybe they are going to have someone hero worship BC.  I kind of hope not.  I'd rather just have a funeral episode with flashbacks and see Diggle and Quentin struggle with their issues related to her death.

Are they still taking a break or is this on next week?

Edited by nksarmi
(edited)

Now that I've thought about the kiss - it's probably when Oliver gives Laurel the picture that she had in the hospital.  I can only hope he's going to put it in the casket with her so we are done with it.

Yeah, I think it's possible. At least that's where my mind went when I saw that kiss and after they brought up the picture again.

Why would let some random stranger take up the BC mantle when they would never let Sara use it? 

I think they are going to have someone going around calling herself BC, only to stop her in the end - MG said in an interview they would tackle in 19 whether the mantle was up for grabs, and that not necessarily who would do that would be a hero. And I think that's what pushes them to put "the Black Canary" on the stone. It'll be a <big moment> and all that.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 6
(edited)

It's possible but since MG said he gave the picture back right before the final episodes of S2 I would be grossed out because Oliver was just dumped by her sister and was in love with Felicity and I guess the purpose isn't making me think the protagonist is an ass.

But they could retcon that since that's just something he said and wasn't shown on screen. I can't think of a timing that it wouldn't make him or both of them look bad though.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby

If Oliver really gave that picture back to her after he was dumped by Sara that would be another I'm washing my hands of you moment. Instead of throwing it out and never mentioning it or just sticking it in a box in storage. He gives her back a dirty probably smelly picture that was on the island with him for years.

"You gave me this picture as I was secretly banging your sister and planned on banging her all the way to China. I kept this picture of you because it's the only possession I had from home. You can have it back now since I banged your sister again and she dumped me because I'm in love with someone else"

• Love 8

If Oliver really gave that picture back to her after he was dumped by Sara that would be another I'm washing my hands of you moment. Instead of throwing it out and never mentioning it or just sticking it in a box in storage. He gives her back a dirty probably smelly picture that was on the island with him for years.

"You gave me this picture as I was secretly banging your sister and planned on banging her all the way to China. I kept this picture of you because it's the only possession I had from home. You can have it back now since I banged your sister again and she dumped me because I'm in love with someone else"

The only thing that doesn't fit (if that scene in the promo is him giving her back the pic) is him kissing her. That would have been him leading her on.

Refresh my memory was the blonde in the BC costume actually confirmed? I just remember the perspn being confused and saying it was like the BC costume.

I don't remember the spoiler, but I think there is a shot of the blonde in the promo for 419.

It's possible but since MG said he gave the picture back right before the final episodes of S2 I would be grossed out because Oliver was just dumped by her sister and was in love with Felicity and I guess the purpose isn't making me think the protagonist is an ass.

But they could retcon that since that's just something he said and wasn't shown on screen. I can't think of a timing that it wouldn't make him or both of them look bad though.

Yeah I think they'll retcon and have that scene be at the end of s1. (If the kiss scene is in fact the picture scene). Still gross because Tommy, but that's their relationship.
  • Love 4

You took the words right out of my fingertips.

So on a scale of 1-10, how awkward does everyone think the lauriver kiss is going to be?

• Love 1

It'll probably be retconned. MG said on Tumblr that Oliver gave Felicity that bottle of wine he promised her right after the Undertaking, but they actually wrote it into the Season 2.5 comics. So, if they can serve their story but retconning it here, they probably will. Even though it'll make Oliver and Laurel look pretty terrible. 

It'll probably be retconned. MG said on Tumblr that Oliver gave Felicity that bottle of wine he promised her right after the Undertaking, but they actually wrote it into the Season 2.5 comics. So, if they can serve their story but retconning it here, they probably will. Even though it'll make Oliver and Laurel look pretty terrible.

Yeah, that's the only real problem because I suppose I should feel bad for the girl who just died in the episode about her funeral but if they parallel her funeral with Tommy's as it seems and they bury her next to him the only thing I'm able to think about is poor Tommy and don't bury her next to him, it's disrespectful.

And I didn't even like Tommy, he and Laurel were the worst part of S1 for me and I didn't like the person Oliver was with them.

• Love 2
(edited)

"[Laurel's death] will have a huge impact on [Felicity]," executive producer Wendy Mericle says. "If you think about Felicity and what she would in the wake of something like this, you can draw your own conclusions and you'll find out in [episode] 19. Everyone is going to be compelled to try to fix this and figure out what happened and try to get revenge."

Since this is right after them mentioning looking for another LP, I'm picturing Felicity not sleeping or bathing, scouring the web for any hint but eventually having to give up, thus the vibe in the Limo would also be failure in addition to grief.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

Since Laurel handed the picture back to Oliver when she asked him to promise her something, does that mean we're destined to see the damned thing again?

I hope the promise is as simple as give this to my sister next time you see her so she can always be reminded of home. 

Since Laurel handed the picture back to Oliver when she asked him to promise her something, does that mean we're destined to see the damned thing again?

What's going on with you guys today? Stop inviting misery.

Since this is right after them mentioning looking for another LP, I'm picturing Felicity not sleeping or bathing, scouring the web for any hint but eventually having to give up, thus the vibe in the Limo would also be failure in addition to grief.

I think Felicity's reaction and feelings will play into her obviously sharing scenes with Lance in final episodes.

My original theory was that they have a play of their own going on against DD. I'm starting to lean a bit towards her pseudo adopting him and comforting him since his other kid is not around to do it. I'm still leaning towards the first option. Because it seems like Oliver will be the voice of reason, while the rest of the team goes off the rails in various degrees. So Felicity turning vicious and out for blood could make sense.

• Love 1

I want Felicity and Lance scenes so I can get behind it. PB is such a different kind of actor compared to the rest I want to see he and EBR work together.

I wonder if Quentin will go back to being a police man or if he too will join the payroll of Team Arrow.

I wonder if Quentin will go back to being a police man or if he too will join the payroll of Team Arrow.

Oh, I didn't even think of that. I hope he stays on the force. It's something that he loves and has always loved. 

What? It's a legit question. She asked him to promise her something, and then handed him the picture. 

I was joking, but also sort of started dreading it once you brought it up. Though I think whoever said it would get buried with her was right.

Yeah no I don't need Felicity turning vicious and out for blood over Laurel Lance Dying same with Diggle call me petty but felicity going that way should be reserved for Dig Oliver or Donna

(edited)

I totally missed that they were going to be looking for another Lazarus Pit. So...seems like Oliver's not the only one who has difficulty learning his lesson from shitty consequences of past actions? 

I missed this too, but now it makes perfect sense to me -- LoT will answer the time travel problem, Flash will answer the alternate realities problem, and Arrow will actually answer the Lazarus Pit problem. Most likely by finding out there are no more pits, or by deciding not to LP Laurel if they find one.

That's... kind of insane how Laurel's death will affect the storyline more than she ever did in life.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 22
(edited)

Yeah no I don't need Felicity turning vicious and out for blood over Laurel Lance Dying same with Diggle call me petty but felicity going that way should be reserved for Dig Oliver or Donna

Determined and focused, but no, not vicious. But steely perhaps which can come off as vicious.

Edited by BkWurm1

I like that Diggle is angry, but it's not because Laurel died exactly - it's that he let himself believe in Andy and he got played AND Laurel died.

I mean, I know that feeling on a much smaller scale.  You know something is off, you know someone isn't right, but you get convinced to believe them and then you find out you were right all along and that just increases the burn SO much. 

That's where John is right now - the poor thing. 

• Love 6

Ok, don't come at me, but when I watched that I thought they were faking her death..

Oh, absolutely. That's 100% the first thing I thought. Then I went on tumblr etc and found all the references to MG saying that it wasn't a fake death, bla bla bla, "How could the viewers ever think that?"

I mean, the ego on this guy! You film a scene in which:

• the doctors tell us that she's fine
  • everyone leaves the room except Oliver (who we know can fake someone's death - he's done it in this very season)
  • then you take the camera out of the room
  • and Laurel's last words are: "I need you to promise me something . . ."
  • and the very next time we see her she's having a seizure.

Oh sure, it was the usual bullshit plot twisting everything - but all these points, in any other show, would have added up to 'fake death'.

I'm glad it isn't fake, that this time it'll stick, but MG is being really disingenuous when he says he doesn't understand why people thought it was fake.

• Love 11