Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I thought the wheelchair video was posted while filming 410? The same day of the video of David Ramsey playing with Baby Sara at the loft? I remember when we started talking about the wheelchair here, the video had been up for a week already.

Thanks for the video... Was trying to find a link.

As for the wheelchair, as someone who works in the medical profession I will say that is a specialized wheelchair. I can't imagine it being used as in a rehab wheelchair for a newly disabled person. It allows for an easy transfer from bed to wc without the armrest. But the person will need full use of their upper extremities. And would need weeks to learn how to do that without significant help. The foot panel allows for the legs to in a resting position and secure with the bar behind it. Basically once the person used their arms to place their legs in place, they are less likely to move. But the base is small which would mean that the legs are likely together. However, there are no leg rests to elevate any legs if necessary d/t injury (i.e. broken legs).

Someone who was in the chair long term but unable to stand would likely want the ability to elevate their legs at some point, unless they were skilled at getting themselves in & out of different chairs/beds/couches. That being said, the padding in the seat of the chair looks think and specialized to prevent sores from somebody spending hours in the same position. I used to know a doctor who was paralyzed from waist down and she used a similar wc to get around the hospital because it allowed her to get close to the bedside because it was so compact.

It looks like it is customized to be for a smaller frame and easier to navigate around areas. Which makes me think that it looks too small to be Dig's. Do we know any other guest stars that might be coming on during these episodes, because it certainly could be one of their wcs? I just don't see them keeping FS in a wc long term, but that is a long-term specialized wc.  So I'm at a lost for how it will all play out on the show.

Oh, I'm sure it's either nothing, or Felicity's.  It's just weird that, as you say, it seems to be for someone who's been paralyzed for awhile.  On the other hand, expecting medical knowledge from these guys is probably asking too much.  It's just weird that they're setting themselves up to skip any scenes of Oliver even attempting to push her in it.

Again, yay for incredibly depressing upcoming storylines!!!

• Love 1

Oh, I'm sure it's either nothing, or Felicity's.  It's just weird that, as you say, it seems to be for someone who's been paralyzed for awhile.  On the other hand, expecting medical knowledge from these guys is probably asking too much.  It's just weird that they're setting themselves up to skip any scenes of Oliver even attempting to push her in it.

Again, yay for incredibly depressing upcoming storylines!!!

Alright, you have inspired my head spoiler-canon until the show proves me otherwise. Here it is -

FS will be hurt in an accident/kidnapping/bad situation. She will need to spend some time in the hospital rehabing her injury. She will befriend someone in that wheelchair which is why it was on set. That relationship will help her overcome her injuries. It will be a support / rehab group scenario. And then perhaps Palmer Tech will come up with something that helps paralyzed people (not FS, since she won't be paralyzed) & saves their company.

I would just add that I seriously doubt the property master put that much thought into the wheelchair.

Not sure if they would or not, but people asked so...

Honestly, I really appreciate the professionalism of the props dept and it seems like they run a pretty tight & thorough ship so I can see them putting a lot of thought into it. Especially if its important to the story.

I'm gonna laugh if the wheelchair never makes it to camera and literally was just something the kid was playing on because it was just hanging around on set for no actual purpose.

• Love 2

I would just add that I seriously doubt the property master put that much thought into the wheelchair.

Agreed, but it is definitely not something they'd use to push FS out of the hospital, because it doesn't have any handles to push her with.  So it's probably something.

My guess is, near-drowning/paralysis cured by something Curtis comes up with.  I don't think they'll do miscarriage or DD beating her nearly to death.  I do think they're going to paralyze her, temporarily.  Not too long, bc the execs wouldn't want the booty covered up for too long, but at least a few episodes.

• Love 2

The floor on the wheelchair video looks like the floor from the loft.

/not helping

Oh, I think it's Felicity's chair, I don't know if they'll go paralysis or broken legs. Although my guess is paralysis because it's simple (from a makeup/effects standpoint).

My thoughts are injured in 409. 4 week break between 409 and 410, gives her in the hospital to heal and she's ready to go home in 410. 410-411 her injuries are a personal journey story for Felicity and Olicity relationship.

411 - Felicity and Curtis come up with a technical cure that will also end up being what saves PT.

412 - Roy story, introduces Calculator

413 - Felicity finds out Calculator is her dad

414 - Mostly flashback episode

I know people disagree on the length, I think 2-3 episodes at most. A friend of mine thinks 3-4 episodes and some people here think it will take up 5 or more episodes. Ultimately, there will be an end, whatever is "wrong" with Felicity will not be permanent, IMO.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 7

I know people disagree on the length, I think 2-3 episodes at most. A friend of mine thinks 3-4 episodes and some people here think it will take up 5 or more episodes. Ultimately, there will be an end, whatever is "wrong" with Felicity will not be permanent, IMO.

My short guess is 2 eps. My longer guess is that it'll take until whatever episode the dreaded board meeting of doom is, and Felicity will enter the meeting in her wheelchair, and then stand up to present her Palmer Tech-saving whatever that helped her walk again.

• Love 3

411 - Felicity and Curtis come up with a technical cure that will also end up being what saves PT.

My longer guess is that it'll take until whatever episode the dreaded board meeting of doom is, and Felicity will enter the meeting in her wheelchair, and then stand up to present her Palmer Tech-saving whatever that helped her walk again.

I balk at them coming up with a technology that cures paralysis since it's such a real issue.**  To do so feels dismissive of all the work and efforts going into the study of it in real life, so  I'm expecting just time and Felicity doing her physical therapy over time to be it.  

**Of course blood clots are also a real world problem the show didn't hesitate to come up with an insta cure, so who knows. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I balk at them coming up with a technology that cures paralysis since it's such a real issue.**  To do so feels dismissive of all the work and efforts going into the study of it in real life, so  I'm expecting just time and Felicity doing her physical therapy over time to be it.  

**Of course blood clots are also a real world problem the show didn't hesitate to come up with an insta cure, so who knows. 

I mean, Eobard faked paralyzation over on The Flash, and Barry overcame it in half an episode because of his super speedy healing. We aren't exactly dealing with a very high-level of sensitivity to these kinds of issues here. If the paralyzation actually happened, I would be honestly surprised if it wasn't specifically written to give her a way to come up with groundbreaking tech/treatment that's gonna save Palmer Tech. 

• Love 5

I mean, Eobard faked paralyzation over on The Flash, and Barry overcame it in half an episode because of his super speedy healing. We aren't exactly dealing with a very high-level of sensitivity to these kinds of issues here. If the paralyzation actually happened, I would be honestly surprised if it wasn't specifically written to give her a way to come up with groundbreaking tech/treatment that's gonna save Palmer Tech. 

These are the same people who swear up and down it's not stalking if it's for "professional" reasons, and that writing RAG as having a sudden late-onset case of misogyny and homophobia isn't at all offensive.  They have nearly zero sensitivity.

• Love 7

Oh, I think it's Felicity's chair, I don't know if they'll go paralysis or broken legs. Although my guess is paralysis because it's simple (from a makeup/effects standpoint).

My thoughts are injured in 409. 4 week break between 409 and 410, gives her in the hospital to heal and she's ready to go home in 410. 410-411 her injuries are a personal journey story for Felicity and Olicity relationship.

412 - Roy story, introduces Calculator

413 - Felicity finds out Calculator is her dad

414 - Mostly flashback episode

That wheelchair can't be used for broken legs. Probably not even a broken pelvis. And like @Aychihuahua says, no handles so its not a chair you push people on. So if FS is in the chair, I think we are headed for a temporary paralysis story. 

I think the rest of your timeline is logical. IMO, I do not think that PT will have anything to do with the tech that heals her. I think she will heal naturally, but PT will have some tech that will be used to help her do her activities of daily living (ADLs) that they can sell to market.

Ditto... please refer to my rant a few pages back.

There are legitimate medical temporary paralysis... If they were smart they would stick to those diagnoses. Along those lines they would be smart to just have them create some type device that helps her in her transition to doing everyday things while she overcoming her challenges. The insta-cure for blood clots was a little questionable.

I'm hoping for respect to real life problems and sensitivity, probably more than I am hoping for anything else in s4b.

Yes but Eobard is a bad guy. And Barry is a meta. Felicity is a human and a hero, I have higher standards for how they handle her story....

• Love 3

Yes but Eobard is a bad guy. And Barry is a meta. Felicity is a human and a hero, I have higher standards for how they handle her story....

I am aware of the situations of the other two examples I gave. And while I hope for sensitivity in whatever storyline Felicity gets, I'm too cynical to expect it. At all.

• Love 1

I am aware of the situations of the other two examples I gave. And while I hope for sensitivity in whatever storyline Felicity gets, I'm too cynical to expect it. At all.

I understand the cynicism... I'm just choosing hope. That's all I can do. All I can do is hope that they have learned sensitivity. For me sensitivity & respect to health issues is higher on my wishlist than other stuff. I might be naive & I might get let down by the writers... but I'm hoping not this year.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

I understand the cynicism... I'm just choosing hope. That's all I can do. All I can do is hope that they have learned sensitivity. For me sensitivity & respect to health issues is higher on my wishlist than other stuff. I might be naive & I might get let down by the writers... but I'm hoping not this year.

I really hope you get your wish.

• Love 2

I'm suddenly finding myself pretty excited about Oliver finding out about the kid (runs for cover!).

One of the aspects of the show that has really bothered me has been the dilution of the focus on Oliver. However, this dreaded kid storyline will service Oliver's characterization and how he and others in his life react to the revelation. Oliver will be the focus--how he feels and what he wants will be of primary concern. Of secondary concern will be how those closest to Oliver feel and react, specifically Thea and Felicity. Now that the writers have "fixed" the relationship between Oliver and Laurel, I don't see her reaction getting much, if any, consideration. Also, I don't think there will be much focus on the baby mama or kid's perspective.

As much as I LOVE Olicity, I'm not really concerned about how the kid will impact their relationship; I'm just focused on the fact that Oliver has the potential for even more growth and maturity, and I want to spend more time with that Oliver. A child will serve as another tether between Oliver and his own humanity so that Felicity doesn't shoulder that burden alone. Eventually, Oliver will have enough reasons grounding him that he'll be able to remain in the light due to his own volition.

• Love 6

With all of this talk about what's happening 409 and beyond, do we have any idea of what starts Darhk's whole retaliation to begin with? Wasn't Oliver supposed to find out something about him and then use it against Darhk, pushing him to attack at the holiday party and subsequently Felicity? Seems like a lot to set up for in 409, but since the plot summary did mention Oliver making a strike against HIVE, is it more about ruining Darhk's plans rather than making a personal strike against him? 

With all of this talk about what's happening 409 and beyond, do we have any idea of what starts Darhk's whole retaliation to begin with? Wasn't Oliver supposed to find out something about him and then use it against Darhk, pushing him to attack at the holiday party and subsequently Felicity? Seems like a lot to set up for in 409, but since the plot summary did mention Oliver making a strike against HIVE, is it more about ruining Darhk's plans rather than making a personal strike against him? 

I was thinking just going ahead with his clean up plan was enough to cause retaliation, but you might be right.  I vaguely remember something like that. 

Speaking of DD, do I remember that we're getting a flashback on him or more on his history, or did I imagine that (quite possible?) When is that going to fit in?

I think we were speculating that the non-Oliver flashbacks we heard were happening were DD, but that the flashbacks we know for sure are the budgetbullshitMummy stuff in 4.08.  I do think we heard there's something coming up about DD in the 1970s.  Key party, anyone?

Seriously, these Hawks and their budget Mummy bullshit are NOT THRILLING ME.  (And I loved The Mummy.)

• Love 1

DD in the 70s is probably going to be on LoT. So not an Arrow thing.

Key Party might be a little risque for the CW.... It's not cable or Shondaland. But oh would it be interesting.... I feel like PB would probably want QL to host the party ;)

• Love 1

I thought that his flashbacks would be a part of 409 (since "Dark" Waters), but I guess that they wouldn't use non-Oliver flashbacks in a mid-season finale. Plus, I believe that a video showed SA jumping into what looked like the sea on Lian Yu around filming for 409

But, yeah, I'd honestly rather would get back to the current flashbacks to see if they finally set something up rather than spending time flashing back to three characters who will rarely, if ever, show up again in Arrow. Constantine was one thing, but he was still just a guest in Oliver's flashbacks. 

Yeah, PB REALLY wants Quentin to get laid.  It's a bit ridiculous at this point.  Maybe PB needs to stop worrying about Quentin and just get himself laid.

You really think they'll have a DD flashback on LoT?  I'm not disagreeing, I'm just curious.  He's Arrow's primary villain.

I'm always very curious about planned storylines v. actual storylines (S3 in particular...I personally think they had something very different planned), and I'm wondering what will happen with Poppy, since pretty much everyone hates her.  I honestly feel kind of bad for the actress, but man, she's BAD.  They CANNOT show a sex scene between those two, bc eww, and I don't even think they can show a convincing connection.  Oliver had WAY more of a connection with happily-married Tatsu than with Poppy.  If the plan was to contrast FB tru luv with current Felicity-centered tru luv...um, no.  

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

DD in the 70s is probably going to be on LoT. So not an Arrow thing.

Well that's disappointing. I watch all these shows, but they're really going to start making it difficult to only be a fan of one show, huh? I guess I'm just chomping at the bit to be done with LOT stuff and want more spoilers for the middle and backhalf of Arrowland. Sans a paralyzed Felicity. 

• Love 1

You really think they'll have a DD flashback on LoT?  I'm not disagreeing, I'm just curious.  He's Arrow's primary villain.

No, but the LoT team travels back to the 70s in the trailer. It's I think where the bar fight happens. So no flashback, but since DD is somehow really old, its definitely possible that he partied in the 70s. And there were the spoilers that DD would be part of LoT, at one point people thought that he might even be the floater if that even exists anymore.

So its just my speculation but the spoilers line up.

In a television show where you've got men who can run at supersonic speeds, a serum that can enhance physical abilities to the point of superhuman, a guy who can shrink to the size of an action figure, a magical pit that can resurrect the dead, and god knows what else, you cannot ask your audience to buy that a character can be paralysed and unable to recover from it.

It would be as dumb on Arrow as it always was in the comics, where there was significantly more magical and technological wonder yet Barbara Gordon still couldn't walk (until they rebooted the universe and decided that a woman in a wheelchair wasn't hot enough, or whatever their reasoning was).

• Love 3

A permanent paralysis in a world with magic hot tubs; herbs than can cure all; super soldier serums; metas; suits that can shrink a person; nanotechnology, and Oliver getting run through with a sword, falling off a mountain and NOT dying, it is a bit difficult to accept. However, comics have done it before (Oracle and Professor X).

TV show wise, keeping Felicity in a wheelchair permanently is impractical, not to mention something The CW would totally object to, IMO.

So, that brings us back to a recovery story. While doing PT is realistic, it doesn't actually give Felicity much story or agency. However, Felicity being injured and using her intelligence to create something that helps her heal/recover gives her a story/agency. Add in her basic Palmer Tech storyline and the 6 month deadline before the next board meeting (419-420) and we now have a Felicity storyline that is organic, character driven and can be the B or C plot of an episode.

I guess I'm just not sure why it was OK for Slade to recover from severe burn trauma using a serum, (which is also a real life event that many suffer from) but it's not OK for them to use techo mumbo-jumbo to "cure" Felicity from a currently hypothetical Paralysis.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 12

So, that brings us back to a recovery story. While doing PT is realistic, [...]

I guess I'm just not sure why it was OK for Slade to recover from severe burn trauma using a serum, (which is also a real life event that many suffer from) but it's not OK for them to use techo mumbo-jumbo to "cure" Felicity from a currently hypothetical Paralysis.

PT?

Yeah I agree. I'm not that worried about the possible imaginative ways they could cure a paralysis - if and when they go there - especially considering the show has dealt with other health issues, like PTSD or alcoholism and drug addiction, and it's not like they were given an exactly proper treatment.

Crack theory for who's in the grave and getting Olivers kid out of the way until later on the show.

DD knows about Olivers kid. He hatches a plan to go public with said knowledge in an attempt to ruin Olivers campaign and when that fails to move Oliver to stop his campaign, DD decides decides to kidnap kid and/or Baby Mama to compel him to stop. In the meantime MM gets wind of said plan knowing that DD or one of the ghosts likely kill said kid and mama.

And because MM IS BSC, he decides to kidnap said kid and whisk him off to Nanda Parbat to raise him as his vision of who Oliver would have been if he was Malcolms son like he always wanted. And he can justify it to himself because he saved the boys life. He uses some poor kid from LoA to fake Oliver's kid's death and that is who is really in the grave but Oliver thinks it's his kid and that DD is responsible for his sons death and seeks vengeance on DD.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

I can't imagine Oliver NOT feeling guilty if his innocent son who had no part the superhero gig got killed because of him.

Plus it seems, based on Neal M's interviews, that DD takes action against Oliver in 409. I can't see them repeating that exact storyline in 419.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Crack theory for who's in the grave and getting Olivers kid out of the way until later on the show.DD knows about Olivers kid. He hatches a plan to go public with said knowledge in an attempt to ruin Olivers campaign and when that fails to move Oliver to stop his campaign, DD decides decides to kidnap kid and/or Baby Mama to compel him to stop. In the meantime MM gets wind of said plan knowing that DD or one of the ghosts likely kill said kid and mama.And because MM IS BSC, he decides to kidnap said kid and whisk him off to Nanda Parbat to raise him as his vision of who Oliver would have been if he was Malcolms son like he always wanted. And he can justify it to himself because he saved the boys life. He uses some poor kid from LoA to fake Oliver's kid's death and that is who is really in the grave but Oliver thinks it's his kid and that DD is responsible for his sons death and seeks vengeance on DD.

Holy shitcakes! That's a fabulous and creative theory that capitalizes on existing characterization and plausible motives! Well done! It would be a great way to accomplish getting the kid out of the way (although I kinda love the thought of Oliver adding another layer to his development) and reinforces CRAZY!MM as the series bad!

• Love 1

I have no problem with some techie cure for Felicity in of itself, my problem is that then said techie cure is manufactured to save the company.  Somehow I don't mind any one off solution but having them just figure out the cure for paralysis like it's not some big deal out there that needs lots of ongoing research and support that bugs me.  That's that part that feels dismissive. 

Solving it for Felicity or any one and done character is just comic book or movie 101 but to make it a universal cure like it's some easy fix rubs the wrong way.  If it was some radical experimental thing that Felicity dangerously tests on herself but would take ten years of perfecting before it would be safe for public use blah, blah then it also wouldn't bug me - cause this stuff takes time.  But they only have a few months to save the company and research even into something as big as a cure for paralysis wouldn't bring in money, not until they could sell it or manufacture the product. 

How about a cure for Felicity because it's Felicity and then the potential for its use saves the company?  People invest millions in future tech.  The government especially.

Although I still think that the program that lets you see through the mask to who it is would save the company on its own.

I was thinking just going ahead with his clean up plan was enough to cause retaliation, but you might be right.  I vaguely remember something like that. 

DD wants Starlling City to die for his own reasons (I'm hoping because it's the site of a Hellmouth Lazarus Pit) and he was willing to kill the DA, Commissioner and the mayor to do it.  Oliver not willing to be his puppet is enough to put the target on OQ even without the cleaning up of the bay.

And because MM IS BSC, he decides to kidnap said kid and whisk him off to Nanda Parbat to raise him as his vision of who Oliver would have been if he was Malcolms son like he always wanted. And he can justify it to himself because he saved the boys life. He uses some poor kid from LoA to fake Oliver's kid's death and that is who is really in the grave but Oliver thinks it's his kid and that DD is responsible for his sons death and seeks vengeance on DD.

Take out the innocent kid dying (where are those bodies when you need them?) and put in Babymama, and I love it.  It covers all bases, including getting the kid off screen and giving MM something to do.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I have no problem with some techie cure for Felicity in of itself, my problem is that then said techie cure is manufactured to save the company.  Somehow I don't mind any one off solution but having them just figure out the cure for paralysis like it's not some big deal out there that needs lots of ongoing research and support that bugs me.  That's that part that feels dismissive. 

I wonder what kind of visual-effects heavy cure-all it would have to be, considering the VFX felt the need to comment about how amazing it and EBR were. If 412's special effects are indeed related to curing Felicity's supposed paralysis, then how visual would it actually be? I assumed the company-saving tech would end up being Curtis' T-spheres once they become operational around 419 because plot. Since they do allow Mr. Terrific to fly, among other things, maybe they allow Felicity to walk somehow, or float? Since the T-spheres can do more, that I can imagine being one of the reasons why they could say they need more research, especially since they probably weren't made to help a paraplegic. 

After watching the crossover promos in the Spoilers thread, I had the thought that the focus on Vandal Savage tracking down Hawkgirl through the centuries is a Big F.U. from the EPs ... like, 'you guys thought Ray Palmer was a stalker, well, we'll show you what a real stalker looks like - meet Vandal Savage.'

Edited by tv echo