Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I really dont think where Diggle stands in that scene matters the scene is about him Thea and Laurel getting the news that Oliver and Felicity already know about: Oliver running for Mayor. We already know Thea will support him I'm sure Dig will too

I'll give Thea a pass on her initial reaction to Oliver running for Mayor, because of the history of the Position and Moira being killed. I honestly think the writers are going for a humorous scene, but KC/LL brings Judgey face and the scene will come off as antagonistic to Oliver.

I would have like to have heard more of Felicity's initial thoughts about Oliver running for Mayor, but I'm glad to hear that she supports him.

It disappoints me, but is not unexpected, that Lance won't even be mad at Laurel for what she did to Sara. I guess here is a reason/enabler for her sense of entitlement.

I wonder how Oliver will find out about Sara, I hope Thea tells him, but I recall a scene of Oliver at a presentation and his face looks shocked, I wonder if she escapes and he sees her running around....

• Love 2

From Oliver's thread...

I feel like OQ is an intelligent person. I believe his level of strategic thinking is almost a superpower. It also can be a hindrance, because I think he can be over-analytical especially when it comes to relationships. But back to the point, I feel like he dropped/failed out of so many schools because he didn't try. He for various reasons, self-sabotaged himself and failed to live up to his potential. Now that he is a changed man with more focus and drive, I really wish the show would acknowledge that he is an intelligent man and probably would have excelled at some academics if he had only tried.

I swear I remember reading a spoiler earlier this year where the EPs said something about how this season's Big Bad, Damien Darhk, was different and that Oliver would have to use his brains - not his brawn - to defeat him.  I can't find that quote now (I think it predated SDCC, which is when I started collecting S4 spoilers). Does anyone else remember this?

It would be consistent with more recent spoilers from NM where he talks about how Oliver and DD will play a cat-and-mouse game, how Oliver will find out things about DD's personal life and use them against him, and how they'll each take things from each other.

Edited by tv echo

From Oliver's thread...

I swear I remember reading a spoiler earlier this year where the EPs said something about how this season's Big Bad, Damien Darhk, was different and that Oliver would have to use his brains - not his brawn - to defeat him.  I can't find that quote now (I think it predated SDCC, which is when I started collecting S4 spoilers). Does anyone else remember this?

It would be consistent with more recent spoilers from NM where he talks about how Oliver and DD will play a cat-and-mouse game, how Oliver will find out things about DD's personal life and use them against him, and how they'll each take things from each other.

I do remember that. I also remember the more recent interviews that indicated that DD initially thought that OQ was going to be an easy target to manipulate. So hopefully the writers do keep in line with those train of thoughts and display OQ's intelligence and brains.

• Love 1

I'm trying to keep an open mind about the crossed-arms pic, but I'm going to be very frustrated if we go from an episode that reunited OTA and restored the Oliver/Diggle dynamic to have - the very next episode - Diggle standing with Laurel and Thea against Oliver. I mean, could he stand between the factions, at least. But like I said, I'm trying to keep an open mind to see how it actually plays out.

Nah, they should be fine. Dig drove over with Olver and Felicity. He wouldn't have if they were still on the outs.

• Love 3

I think Digg and Thea will be on board pretty fast, once Oliver manages to convince them it's not a joke. At least I hope so.

When AccessHollywood.com asked Emily Bett Rickards, who plays Felicity, about the ring, she too kept up the mystery.

"That thing is big. I haven't tried it on yet, though, so we'll see," she said.

That implies that he hasn't proposed yet because wouldn't that be the first thing Felicity does, try the ring on?  So maybe the kiss and cheer wasn't a public proposal after all.

I don't think Oliver got his construction skills on the island. You must realize that they come when the superheroes are given their name! Green Arrow and the Flash are now top notch carpenters.

Like women in diet product commercials who get to turn blonde if they lose 100 pounds?

It would have been nice to see a shirtless Oliver build the new Arrow lair but I guess they didn't think they needed to show that part of his journey this time around. He's got bigger things to do, and other masks to give air time to.

• Love 1

Why are they all standing there with folded arms? Is it contagious?! Is it an epidemic?! So weird. And there's something so stand-offish about that type of body language. I don't like it.

I really don't get it either. KC always does it and I've noticed Willa starting to do it more. It doesn't help the character of Laurel because it tells people you are so closed off.

Just realized I have 4x04 and 4x05 off work but the day 4x06 airs I work 7:45am to 9pm. I just flipped off my computer. Felicity, Mama Smoak and YingYangKiss! Curses.

I also realized the LOT players get sweeps episodes. 5 is SARA and Constantine. 6 is when Ray comes back. What is happening in 7 besides stunts?

I like that she would rather kept her sister chained up like an animal instead of ask for help.

It's all Misery. It's okay Sara, Laurel just loves you!

Shhh, she just needs more time, along with a few viewings of the Lance family Grand Canyon vacation slides, okay!?

• Love 2

I will not say anything about Laurel... I WILL NOT. 

Anywhooooo, I'm excited to see Oliver's story this episode. I'm not looking forward to the return of Felicity crying, but I actually want to see how she is when she's a bit 'neurotic'. 

BEST THING ABOUT TONIGHT'S EPISODE. THE RETURN OF SALLY. :')

ALSO HOW THE HELL IS THIS THE YEAR OF DIGGLE?!

• Love 8

IDK, we're only four eps in, and Diggle's HIVE storyline is being set up. We've got 20 more episodes for Digg to come to the forefront - don't get worried YET.

CAN'T WAIT FOR SALLY.

And I will do anything for Felicity to never utter "Bee-Tee-Dubs" again.

• Love 1

Yeah. Not looking forward to crying Felicity. I'm not opposed to shock tears, but they got to balance it out. Per EBR's last interview it does sound like they are aware of that. Curious about grumblings online. Both Felicity and Laurel are going to cry over loved ones coming back.

Does anyone know what episode Felicity and Curtis skydive in?

I forgot about Bamford saying something about ep. 7 being a big episode for DR. Glad to hear both Felicity and Diggle are getting sweeps episodes.

Edited by 10Eleven12

If you have to chain your sister up in a basement, Laurel. She IS NOT OKAY! I hope that basement is heated, otherwise she just left her sister in a wet leather corset. She better hope she doesn't die again from getting sick. 

• Love 3

If you have to chain your sister up in a basement, Laurel. She IS NOT OKAY! I hope that basement is heated, otherwise she just left her sister in a wet leather corset. She better hope she doesn't die again from getting sick. 

Some food & water might be nice as well, and I'm hoping she left her a bucket to do her business in...ugh this is all so horrible.  

• Love 6

Some food & water might be nice as well, and I'm hoping she left her a bucket to do her business in...ugh this is all so horrible.  

I know I'm not supposed to think about any of the logistics, like how they got her body to NP, or why she hasn't changed clothes, because, ya know, comics! but I can't help it. They should have thought through all these details better. All of this makes Laurel look unhinged and cruel.

• Love 9

I can already tell just by the preview that Wendy and Marc will continue to half-ass Laurel/Sara story. It is surprising that Laurel put her in the basement of her apartment only due to the fact that....does no one venture down there? But at least Laurel is taking the necessary precautions to keep Sara from harming anyone until she (as Laurel thinks) will come back to her old self, that is like the only minor part I can be ok with. 

Is this the episode where Curtis and Oliver meet? Love that Curtis is trying to guess who GA is, haha.

I think they meet in 406. Not looking forward to Felicity crying only cause she gets singled out by people and I can hear them saying "she's better with Ray she's not over him!" BS. Laurel chaining her sister up is horrible and I was told by a fellow fan on Twitter that her fans are all "She has no other Choice" SMH

• Love 1

Well, if she had any common sense, she wouldn't worry about Oliver's judgment, tell the team, and leave her in the lair where she could be looked after, and if she did get loose there would be more than one person around to take care of it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 12

It's not the fact that she's chained Sara up in a basement, it's she hasn't changed Sara out of the clothes she was dead in for a year (which could've been done when she was unconscious) or at least given her a jacket. And maybe a pillow, food and water. People treat their dogs better than that. This is her little sister that she thinks just needs a few days recover from being dead. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 10

The fact that she (suddenly) cares about Oliver's judgment when she has her feral zombie sister chained up in the basement paints her as an actual crazy person.

It's not the fact that she's chained Sara up in a basement, it's she hasn't changed Sara out of the clothe she was dead in for a year (which could've been done when she was unconscious) or at least given her a jacket. And maybe a pillow, food and water. People treat their dogs better than that. This is her little sister that she thinks just needs a few days recover from being dead.

To me it absolutely matters.  If she was going to do this totally insane thing, she didn't have to do it RIGHT THEN.  Sara wasn't going to get any more dead if she'd waited a few days.  If she had taken ANY TIME to think about what she was doing, she could have prepared a safe place for Sara to be, aka not chained up and not chained up in an apartment building basement where tenants are likely to wander.  Nothing she is doing now is okay, and the fact that what she's doing now is arising out of the not-okay things she did before doesn't make her current not-okay things suddenly okay. 

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 12

Well, if she had any common sense, she wouldn't worry about Oliver's judgment, tell the team, and leave her in the lair where she could be looked after, and if she did get lose there would be more than one person around to take care of it.

I can understand her wanting to give it a few days before revealing everything to the team, but she is still being looked after. Being put in the lair would still have her be chained up to something and it is exchanging one basement for another. If she sees after her choking incident that she is in over her head and tells the team about it, kudos for her. If Sara gets loose and harms someone before she is able to reveal it to the team then non-kudos for her.

If Laurel really believes that Sara will be back to her old self in a few days (LOL, no Laurel), why didn't she just stay in Nanda Poorbutt?  At least Malcolm's minions could have looked after Sara while she was "recovering" (LOL, no).  This is all so crazy loony tunes.

• Love 5

If Laurel really believes that Sara will be back to her old self in a few days (LOL, no Laurel), why didn't she just stay in Nanda Poorbutt?  At least Malcolm's minions could have looked after Sara while she was "recovering" (LOL, no).  This is all so crazy loony tunes.

Why isn't any common sense being used in this storyline? Why would Malcolm let them leave with Sara when she is still in this state?

• Love 3

I can understand her wanting to give it a few days before revealing everything to the team, but she is still being looked after. Being put in the lair would still have her be chained up to something and it is exchanging one basement for another. If she sees after her choking incident that she is in over her head and tells the team about it, kudos for her. If Sara gets loose and harms someone before she is able to reveal it to the team then non-kudos for her.

I meant looked after at all times. You think Laurel is down there with her 24/7? She and Thea went to look at Oliver's new campaign HQ and Sara's what? Chained in a basement by herself. She's still being irresponsible.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 9

I meant looked after at all times. You think Laurel is down there with her 24/7? She and Thea went to look at Oliver's new campaign HQ and Sara's what? Chained in a basement by herself. She's still being irresponsible.

They wouldn't have someone with her 24/7 either way, that's not how this show works.

They wouldn't have someone with her 24/7 either way, that's not how this show works.

They had someone with Roy all the time-and he was just being sedated with Tibetan Pit Viper venom (LOL), not all feral and angry and ready to kill. But if that makes you feel better about Laurel being a dumbass, I'll defer, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 9

Still not watching clips.  Your comments are entertaining enough. LOL.

Is this the episode where Oliver gives Quentin a ladder to get down from his moral high horse? If so, I'm there. Even if Laurel keeps her sister chained in her basement (interesting, I thought it was the old foundry based on the staircase. Talk about recycling old sets in the most obvious way possible!).

If Laurel had told the Team, Sara could have been keep in the Lair. Oliver (who currently doesn't have a job) could have been there 24/7 and when he couldn't, they could have taken shifts.

Based off of her psycho daughter act in the last episode, she is treating Sara like a pet she needs to 'break' before showing her off to Daddy. It's disturbing.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 8

That was season 2? The show hasn't exactly kept the quality since then. They have let A LOT of things slip since then.

They had someone with Roy all the time-and he was just being sedated with Tibetan Pit Viper venom (LOL), not all feral and angry and ready to kill. But if that makes you feel better about Laurel being a dumbass, I'll defer, haha.

Edited by Primal Slayer

If Laurel had told the Team, Sara could have been keep in the Lair. Oliver (who currently doesn't have a job) could have been there 24/7 and when he couldn't, they could have taken shifts.

Based off of her psycho daughter act in the last episode, she is treating Sara like a pet she needs to 'break' before showing her off to Daddy. It's distrubing.

"Piddle on the newspaper, Sara. GOOD GIRL."

I'll see myself out.

That was season 2? The show hasn't exactly kept the quality since then.

They had Nyssa locked up in a cell in S3, and IIRC someone was always down there with her, too. The show is inconsistent in a lot of ways, but they've been consistent in showing that when there's a person who needs watching, they're watched.

• Love 13

Between Oliver (currently unemployed); Thea (currently unemployed); Diggle (currently unemployed); and Lyla (currently unemployed) they absolutely could have/would have stayed with Sara 24/7.  Instead of chaining her to a wall in an apartment building basement.

• Love 6

"Piddle on the newspaper, Sara. GOOD GIRL."

I'll see myself out.

They had Nyssa locked up in a cell in S3, and IIRC someone was always down there with her, too. The show is inconsistent in a lot of ways, but they've been consistent in showing that when there's a person who needs watching, they're watched.

Yeah they had Thea down there with her who let her out. She wasn't down there to watch her. They spent less then 7 minutes on this storyline last episode, they clearly have no intention of writing it well.

Edited by Primal Slayer

Is this the episode where Oliver gives Quentin a ladder to get down from his moral high horse? If so, I'm there.

Lol I love this. :) And agreed.

I'm still a little worried about this reverse of the hallway scene. Is that supposed to be this episode? If that is Oliver saying he completely supports Laurel in what she's done, I'm going to be pretty ragey.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

There is so much bitterness because it didn't have to be written like that.

I truly do not understand what they're doing.  Guggie is a moron, but Mericle seemed relatively intelligent.  So does that mean they're making Laurel look insane (and idiotic) on purpose?  I can't see them doing that, which means Mericle is a moron, too (bummer). 

If it turns out they are doing it on purpose and they either turn Laurel into a full-blown villain or write her as having an acknowledged psychotic break, I will be impressed.  Otherwise, they just have no idea what they're doing.

• Love 3