Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I think I read somewhere that we will be seeing Vandal in both Arrow and Flash for the crossovers (episode 8?).

I don't think we actually know Felicity's real hair color. We just know that it's not the blonde that she's dyed it to now. Oliver would know though, attentive boyfriend that he is. Hee.

ETA: Here's where I read that Vandal Savage would be debuting in the Arrow/Flash crossovers.

Edited by SleepDeprived
  • Love 1
On another note, I don't think Darhk is the ultimate leader of H.I.V.E. He may be one of the leaders but I think Vandal Savage may be the real puppet master. Didn't Darhk say that he was "part of an organization that wants the leaders of SC to let the city die" and that he needed to get everything done "before his associates get there"? Who are his colleagues? Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Malcolm and his shenanigans turns out to be under H.I.V.E.'s purview, as well.

Yeah, that line about DD's associates made me wonder that they're gonna build the Injustice League this season, since they're obviously building the Justice League on the hero side. And now that they've mentioned DD has ties to Vandal Savage and will appear on LoT... it makes sense if the really really old violent dudebros who can't die have their own club after all.

• Love 2

On another note, I don't think Darhk is the ultimate leader of H.I.V.E. He may be one of the leaders but I think Vandal Savage may be the real puppet master. Didn't Darhk say that he was "part of an organization that wants the leaders of SC to let the city die" and that he needed to get everything done "before his associates get there"? Who are his colleagues? Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Malcolm and his shenanigans turns out to be under H.I.V.E.'s purview, as well.

That makes a lot of sense, DD was part of the second incarnation of HIVE actually, the "leader" was Adeline Kane (Wilson) Deathstroke's ex-wife, in the 3 incarnations of HIVE the real "leader" is always a woman (in the 1st it was an unknown guy but his wife killed him and took over) either called mistress or queen bee. Vandal Savage has ties to the 2nd incarnation, Ra's al Ghul to the Flashpoint HIVE, and DD might be on Flash at some point because it was HIVE that was responsible for Dr. Caitlin Snow turning into Killer Frost. They can be mixing all of the HIVE incarnations and making their own thing, which is the right way to go IMO, but i can always look at the source material for clues. 

I'm really curious why Andy's death was so important for H.I.V.E. that they hired Deadshot to kill him all those years ago. Why Andy? What was so special about him? Praying to all the Lords of Kobol that the Arrow writers don't get sidetracked with their shiny new toys and that Diggle gets a really meaty storyline with this H.I.V.E/Andy business.

I'm really curious too,i was promised that S4 would be the year of Diggle and Felicity, i'm waiting and counting on it. That's the main reason why i'm watching S4

Also, also (I know this post is super long but) if we're really looking for a supervillain that could be Felicity's father? Vandal Savage. Genius level intellect, highly-capable with technology (IIRC, dude invented a time machine in the DCAU), and he has black hair (just like Felicity). Plus, he's immortal so he actually does have time to hit pause in his plans, fake a relationship and/or seduce Donna to have Felicity since he's fathered thousands of children. I don't want it, though. I actually don't want Felicity's dad to be someone outright bad/evil since he sounded like a nice person (from what Donna said) until he left/wasn't. I want him to be more of a gray area kind of evil/Anti-Villain if he has to be on the villain side.

I like this idea a lot,but in the sense of being one of my wildest dreams of who Felicity father might be. I'm not a fan of DD being Felicity father, but Vandal? i'm in! (If they really go down the evil father path) That would also make Scandal her half-sister and that's kind of cool 

I always had the idea that her father would be one of the scientists in the HIVE council of seven, forced to work for them under threat, hence why he had to leave Donna and Felicity, so not a bad guy just someone forced to do bad things. Much like Quentin

• Love 3
(edited)

OK a few things right off the bat.

1 - No one is allowed to change user pics, it screws me up!  I'm looking at you Angel12 :-)  

2 - We really need emoticons on this board.

I know you guys hate the whole DD as Felicity's father speculation and you've been arguing against it forever...because apparently it doesn't make sense for DD to settle down for 8 years with Donna/Felicity.   To this I say, when the hell has this show ever let logic or character get in the way of their plots?  

As for DD/Donna I will only add one thought.  Felicity has been set up as the person that is able to bring out the light that's still inside of Oliver.  IF they wanted to do a parallel between Oliver/DD you could have a situation set up where Donna/Felicity was able to briefly bring out the light that still remained in DD before he gave back into the Darkness.  This could also be set up to compare/contrast Olicity with his past love interest, who may start to bring Oliver back some of his "light"/humanity before he falls farther into the darkness whereas Felicity has helped him find/hold onto the light inside of him.

I have no idea if DD is going to end up being Felicity's father.  Unlike most on this board I'm actually in favor of it, if for no other reason it will certainly help make this the "year of Felicity and Diggle"  and help elevate both Felicity and Diggle to "almost co-leads" with Oliver as has been promised.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 10

I'm of two minds on the subject. On one hand, I really really don't want it because DD/Donna doesn't make much sense at all. Plus Felicity just happens to be the daughter of a powerful super-villain? I'm worried they completely blow it and Felicity would reach Lana-Descendant-of-Witches Special (my most feared outcome). Or she is lost in the villain plot and her POV is lost to DD/Oliver/Diggle. No more infer how she is feelings by her actions, I want words. Those are my negatives.

On the plus side there is NM, a really good actor. He is also a big deal this season and I want Felicity to get her due. It would be a way to tie Diggle/Oliver/Felicity's stories together and further explore the OTA family. Morrigan2575 laid out the positives much better than I could on an earlier post, though I don't think the parallel was mentioned on that one and that is nice symmetry.

One thing I know for sure. I will be so disappointed/mad if Felicity's story gets pushed back. I won't be satisfied with a couple scenes at PalmerTech for her. Same with Diggle. I need a complete, in-depth character arc for them. If they can do Lance Family Drama for the fourth year in a row, they can do this.

* EBR said a few times that she didn't know about Felicity's dad. I believe her. WM said they are just waiting for the right time to introduce him. It's possible DD is her father but WM and Co. are keeping a lid on when it is revealed, a lid so tight the cast wouldn't know until they got their scripts.  

• Love 5

I brought the comicbook.com link into the spoiler only thread.  I have no idea where the EW interview is coming from but if you guys have the link for that interview can someone please add it to the spoiler only thread

I just left the link there 

* EBR said a few times that she didn't know about Felicity's dad. I believe her. WM said they are just waiting for the right time to introduce him. It's possible DD is her father but WM and Co. are keeping a lid on when it is revealed, a lid so tight the cast wouldn't know until they got their scripts.

What is weird in all of this is that Ramsey seems to know for sure who Felicity's father is.

• Love 3

It would be a way to tie Diggle/Oliver/Felicity's stories together and further explore the OTA family. Morrigan2575 laid out the positives much better than I could on an earlier post, though I don't think the parallel was mentioned on that one and that is nice symmetry.

That is a very good point. I haven't really thought about it until now but it would make the possibility much more palpatable.

I see some people are much more open to the option of Vandal Savage being Felicity's father than DD. Why does this make more sense since he's a 6000 year immortal as I have read somewhere than it being DD who's only in his mid one hundreds, a veritable fetus by comparison?

Actually, what makes me unreceptive of either of those theories is that had Felicity's dad been a complete rat bastard, wouldn't he have wanted to keep his genius kid around and cultivate her to fight at his side? Something like Ra's and Nyssa.

I'm not open to either of those theories, personally (I haven't seen the Vandal Savage theory much). I just don't want Felicity's dad to be a Big Bad, period. I get why others might want that, but after Malcolm, I cannot even tell you how much I am over the Evil Dad scenario. And while we don't know much about Vandal Savage yet, DD is pretty much pure evil, beyond Malcolm and beyond Ra's. That's not what I want for Felicity. Not only does it not fit into what little we know about her father, it's not a story I would find even a little bit entertaining. YMMV.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

I see some people are much more open to the option of Vandal Savage being Felicity's father than DD. Why does this make more sense since he's a 6000 year immortal as I have read somewhere than it being DD who's only in his mid one hundreds, a veritable fetus by comparison?

They're both immortal, the thing is given the choice i would prefer Vandal, that's all. But like i said it's in my wildest dreams, in reality i think her father isn't DD and certainly not Vandal

What is weird in all of this is that Ramsey seems to know for sure who Felicity's father is.

That's the only reason I think they may be trying to keep it underwraps. He didn't just know who her father is, but he was acting like it is a big deal. He acted like the audience would recognize the character. It certainly gave me the impression it was already planned out.

• Love 3

That's the only reason I think they may be trying to keep it underwraps. He didn't just know who her father is, but he was acting like it is a big deal. He acted like the audience would recognize the character. It certainly gave me the impression it was already planned out.

Yeah. I've been sort of thinking Felicity's father is Rick Flag ever since DR made a big deal out of him. They made an oblique reference to Rick Flag during Dig and Lyla's wedding -- Lyla's friend "Rick" was supposed to officiate, but he was deployed somewhere.

But otoh, I have no idea if they can get the character for Arrow, because he's gonna be in the Suicide Squad movie.

Edited by dtissagirl

OK a few things right off the bat.

1 - No one is allowed to change user pics, it screws me up!  I'm looking at you Angel12 :-)  

Haha, sorry! I'll be keeping this for a while though. :)

I'm not open to either of those theories, personally (I haven't seen the Vandal Savage theory much). I just don't want Felicity's dad to be a Big Bad, period. I get why others might want that, but after Malcolm, I cannot even tell you how much I am over the Evil Dad scenario. And while we don't know much about Vandal Savage yet, DD is pretty much pure evil, beyond Malcolm and beyond Ra's. That's not what I want for Felicity. Not only does it not fit into what little we know about her father, it's not a story I would find even a little bit entertaining. YMMV.

THIS. I do see the benefits of having Felicity's dad be the big bad. She gets focus. We get to learn more about her. Whatever happens would have repercussions that we'd hopefully get to see play out. But I'm so tired of the super evil dad storyline. I feel like we've well and truly done that storyline now. Please let's have something different.

Look at Felicity, totally rocking the CEO title. Yeah, I don't think layoffs would go over well with her. Cut those bonuses! (I'm not even going to ask if that is within a CEO's powers. I've decided that on this show I will have to handwave A LOT of business stuff. Just like I do with legal ones).

• Love 9

Aw, look at Felicity being confident and taking the reins in that board room. I love it! Also like what I'm seeing of Curtis, so far. This feeling of being excited about Arrow Wednesdays? I've missed it.

I don't like either option, actually. I don't want either as Felicity's dad to happen at all. The main reason I suggested Savage is because I keep going back to DR's comment and mic drop at that con when he said that when we find out who Felicity's dad is, we'll really get why she'll beat Caitlyn/most anyone when it comes to smarts. DR made it seem like Papa Smoak will be someone who's very recognizable as being a certified genius and Darhk seems practically a footnote in the comics. Plus, I actually do believe Mericle when she says they haven't found a way to use Felicity's dad just yet but that they know who he will be. I'm probably being naive about believing an Arrow EP, though.

• Love 1

My favorite thing is someone randomly decided to take a photo of them looking confused and gave it to them. Did they frame it? LOL

I think they [the characters Oliver and Felicity] were trying to be cute tourists and staged a photo of themselves looking confused.

• Love 2

So in 402 Diggle tells Laurel that HIVE killed his brother, but he kept it a secret from Oliver in 401.  Are they now both going to conceal this info from Oliver?

Haha, I KNEW they were going to do it that way, have him tell Laurel. I knew it and I don't approve of it. 

• Love 7

No but seriously. Did they forget that Felicity was the one who helped Diggle's investigation into Andy's death in s1? Or when D/F 'died' in each other's arms?

He better tell Felicity at some point otherwise I know exactly what they're doing and it is BULL.

• Love 5

She looked super interested though, I'm sure she'll help him get to the bottom of it!

I like that her super concerned face looks a lot like my "I smell something bad" face.

So remember how some people wanted Felicity to be supportive of Diggle. I dont want that anymore. He has been a crappy friend during majority of s3 and the begining of s4 now. He can be stuck with Buckles!

They can be secret-keeping hypocrites BFFs! Laurel has experience in that!
  • Love 3

I'll wait to judge until I see the circumstances of this conversation. Hopefully Felicity's not deemed untrustworthy in Diggle's eyes because she left with Oliver or is dating him and he's worried she'll tell or something juvenile like that.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

The only way I'll accept Diggle telling Laurel of all people smh, is if this is leading to a conversation/moment between Diggle and Felicity about what he feels he can and can't say to her now that she's in a relationship with Oliver, someone he doesn't trust anymore. I'd actually be pretty okay with that because it's real and makes sense. 

But my guess is they'll just be ignored like usual. 

• Love 1

I guess Holt is going to be Felicity's new black BFF.  (I find it amusing that the shows 2 gay characters are played by straight people while the 3 gay actors play straight ones.)

I can understand why Diggle didn't tell Felicity if he doesn't want Oliver to know. As Oliver's SO, she shouldn't be keeping secrets from him.

But unless he's going to tell Oliver in this episode, Diggle should have been talking to Lyla, not Laurel.  You know, the Laurel who just went behind his back to call Oliver in.

• Love 9