Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Oh, I just realized with that comic preview…if everyone has a codename does that mean we'll hear Diggle's in 402? PLEASE OMG. Excite.

(edited)

In the KL interview posted in the Media thread KL says she'll be in and out in S4. It's odd because that should totally reassure me yet I ended up feeling very uneasy about her answers. I don't know, I really hope she's not getting killed off but, I'm still worried.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

In the KL interview posted in the Media thread KL says she'll be in and out in S4. It's odd because that should totally reassure me yet I ended up feeling very uneasy about her answers. I don't know, I really hope she's not getting killed off but, I'm still worried.

I swear, if she gets killed off by crazy!Sara because SOMEONE felt the need to dig her up, disturb her peace, and toss her in a magical hot tub...I will spit fire.

• Love 4

In light of the comic preview of 402 ~ do people want to take bets on whether FS will get her codename this episode? I feel like they will. OK, maybe its wishful thinking.

Does anyone have any bets on what they might name her?

I'm thinking they are gonna stick with the color theme. I feel like it will be linked somehow to the color green. I'm gonna go with Sage or Evergreen as options.

Perhaps it might be techie or related to computers - but I have no good suggestions on that front.

I'm tempted to say all we are going to get is a mention of a possible code name. An acknowledgement that doesn't go anywhere. Super Annoyed with that.

If wishes were horses, I would go with Lighthouse. 

• Love 3

I'm tempted to say all we are going to get is a mention of a possible code name. An acknowledgement that doesn't go anywhere. Super Annoyed with that.

If wishes were horses, I would go with Lighthouse.

At this point, they could call her Rainbow Unicorn and I'd be overjoyed because at least her identity would be somewhat protected.
  • Love 6

Is the code name for Felicity another one of those things they will tease forever but keep pushing back (*coughPapaSmoakcough*)? I do remember Wendy saying she won't get one but maybe they've changed their minds (although the interview I saw of WM saying that was in August. If they have the code name in the next episode, she would have known in August whether Felicity was getting one, right?) 

I don't think she's ever getting one, because they associate codenames with masks, not, you know, identity concealment.

I believe they said they were going to give her one. 

Was this after she said they weren't? Because she said they weren't. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I don't think she's ever getting one, because they associate codenames with masks, not, you know, identity concealment.

Was this after she said they weren't? Because she said they weren't. 

I remembered it wrong. WM ended up saying "you never know"

Question: Is this finally going to be the Arrow season that Felicity Smoak gets a code name to help protect her identity? —Julie

Ausiello: We took your Q to executive producer Wendy Mericle, who admitted that there’s a running joke in the writers room about what Felicity’s alias would be if they were to give her one. But at the moment, the tech wiz isn’t getting a second moniker. “Dig is out in the field, so there’s a necessity for [him to have one],” Mericle explains. “But not quite yet for Felicity, although you never know. We all love the idea of her getting her out there more and being a badass. It’s just a question of finding the right way to do it.”

http://tvline.com/2015/08/24/felicity-arrow-code-name-alias-spoilers/

So there is still a possibility but yeah not as of 4x02.

• Love 1

There was an article way back when and I remember WM talked about how people want Felicity to have a suit and a codename and she questioned Do you really want that? Really? 

It stood out to me because, suit, I understand... But Codename? Yeah people want that because that would make the show a teensy bit less idiotic. 

• Love 2

Given the fact that she thinks people are asking because they want her to go out into the field, I don't have high hopes. 

There was an article way back when and I remember WM talked about how people want Felicity to have a suit and a codename and she questioned Do you really want that? Really?

It kills me that no one in charge has considered the fact that it's INCREDIBLY STUPID for them to use their real names over comms. Even AFTER they had Sara drop that (apparently useless) bit of info about being able to pick up the frequency in 3x1. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8

They are SO DUMB.  They just cannot understand that the problem is not Felicity "getting out there," it's that the characters CONSTANTLY say her name, a very unusual name, in the field.  Someone awhile back said all a bad guy would have to do is Google "Felicity and Diggle" and Google would return, as probably the very top suggested search item, "Oliver Queen."  Totally accurate, and seriously, how can these writers/EPs be so dumb?

• Love 6

IDK, in another interview WM also said that she never imagined Felicity to be a daredevil (or however she said it)... How can Felicity be more of that and not go into the field? I also remember EBR and EKs photo of them about to skydive? If I'm not mistaken? 

I'm hoping it's something the fans keep pushing hard. It's a massive logic fail. And I really don't care if it's called the f-word.

You know, chances are Felicity bringing up code-names prompts them to get Diggle one.  

• Love 1

You know, chances are Felicity bringing up code-names prompts them to get Diggle one.  

She said that everyone's got one (in the preview comic), so I think she's bringing it up because Diggle got one.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

She said that everyone's got one (in the preview comic), so I think she's bringing it up because Diggle got one.

I didn't catch that. Thanks

I was happy they were acknowledging it, but remembering that they have no intention (currently) of giving her a code-name, it just irritates me now. But on the brightside, it may prompt more of a push. It better at least. 

Edited by 10Eleven12

Felicity and Diggle have been out in the field with Arrow where plenty of people could see their faces. Even Quentin knew Felicity worked for him, it's been a problem for a long time and they kept glancing over it, so I wouldn't be surprised if they keep doing it.

I think Felicity is bringing up the codename thing because Diggle is getting his in this episode and that leaves her as the only one who doesn't have one.  She's wants to be like the cool kids. Also she's smart enough to know she needs identity protection even if the EPs aren't.

Maybe this is something else she's going to have to take into her own hands because no one else is doing anythingn about it.

It kills me that no one in charge has considered the fact that it's INCREDIBLY STUPID for them to use their real names over comms. Even AFTER they had Sara drop that (apparently useless) bit of info about being able to pick up the frequency in 3x1. 

When the TVLine interview came out in August, I tweeted to WM that even Sara said in 3x01 that they need code names for identity protection. Hopefully I wasn't the only one who did.  (I've given up tweeting to MG.)  Bringing it up in 4x02 means they can give her one a few episodes down, maybe in 4.06 or the crossover.

But then, I also said it was a stupid as Laurel leaving her fingerprints all over everything and they're not going to do anything about that.

• Love 1

I doubt Felicity will get a codename in 402 but I like that they're finally talking about it or at least bringing up the idea. I wish it was discussed for safety reasons rather than 'I want one too!' but whatever.

I'm still trying to figure out the upside down kiss. I can't.

Also, is the lower lip an Olicity thing? 

No need to figure it out. Just look at the pretty. Be at one with the pretty.

Seriously though, I think they're just on laying on the floor or something. I predict this comes after an argument/make-up sex.

Oh and yeah. I think the lower lip is an Oliver thing. 

I doubt Felicity will get a codename in 402 but I like that they're finally talking about it or at least bringing up the idea. I wish it was discussed for safety reasons rather than 'I want one too!' but whatever.

No need to figure it out. Just look at the pretty. Be at one with the pretty.

Seriously though, I think they're just on laying on the floor or something. I predict this comes after an argument/make-up sex.

Oh and yeah. I think the lower lip is an Oliver thing. 

LOL. True. 

I went and re-watched some Oliver kisses and I couldn't tell if this was a thing for him or not. The lighting is really bad on some of those scenes so it was hard to tell. I'm just enjoying his focus on that lip.

• Love 1

In light of the comic preview of 402 ~ do people want to take bets on whether FS will get her codename this episode? I feel like they will. OK, maybe its wishful thinking.

Does anyone have any bets on what they might name her?

I'm thinking they are gonna stick with the color theme. I feel like it will be linked somehow to the color green. I'm gonna go with Sage or Evergreen as options.

Perhaps it might be techie or related to computers - but I have no good suggestions on that front.

I think everyone getting new code names might just refer to the fact that Oliver is now the GREEN Arrow.   From the way MG was talking about knowing Diggle's code name but needing still to find a time when it feels natural to use it, I got the impression that they'd already written several episodes and still hadn't found the right spot so I think that rules out episode two of the season. 

At least be prepared if Diggle doesn't get his. 

When the TVLine interview came out in August, I tweeted to WM that even Sara said in 3x01 that they need code names for identity protection. Hopefully I wasn't the only one who did.  (I've given up tweeting to MG.)  Bringing it up in 4x02 means they can give her one a few episodes down, maybe in 4.06 or the crossover.

But then, I also said it was a stupid as Laurel leaving her fingerprints all over everything and they're not going to do anything about that.

Who knows if it helped but I sent MG a message on his Tumblr feed, just the reason why Felicity needs the code name but no she doesn't need to go out in the field.  I have to believe I wasn't the only one.  At the very least by now he must have heard that the code name thing is to add to the logic and realism.  I think I might have mentioned that they were making Smallville look good in comparison.  Dem's fighting words, right?

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

What's the dynamic between Laurel/Black Canary and Oliver/Green Arrow, going to be like this season?

More friendly and close – but only after they go through a rough patch.

Jumping back to this.  He didn’t say that Oliver and Laurel would suddenly become friendly and close, he said their dynamic after a rough patch would be more friendly and close …than it is now, which is zero friendly and zero close.  (That part of the answer was implied)

As other’s pointed out, just to function as a team they are going to have to figure out how to be friends.  I think the dynamic MG refers to will be them (all three, Sara, Laurel and Oliver) finally letting the past die and acknowledging that none of that matters or applies anymore.  I think it is more about closing off Sara’s dangling past than a radical shift for Oliver and Laurel, though even letting them be friendly will be a radical shift. 

Still, as they’ve said before, they write to chemistry.  I assume that goes the opposite way as well.

• Love 3

CW Arrow tweeted that 402 comic preview again, but this time with a new comment that I find strange, considering the comic preview primarily focuses on Laurel/BC, but the comment is about OTA and Felicity...

Arrow ‏@CW_Arrow
It's good to have the #OTA back in action. #Arrow is new Wednesday at 8/7c!

Any thoughts for Felicity?

CRJGrDEU8AABJnk.jpg
1:09 PM - 12 Oct 2015

https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/653663751636254720

The above CW Arrow tweet was then retweeted by the Arrow writers...

ArrowWritersRoom ‏@ARROWwriters
We're liking all your suggestions! #FelicityWantsACodename
2:28 PM - 12 Oct 2015

https://twitter.com/ARROWwriters/status/653683740955176960

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I love how it's a conversation about codenames, and Felicity says "John" on comms anyway. There's not enough facepalming in the world.

I think they truly don't realize that people want the codenames for identity protection purposes on comms and not just as some badass names to go along with a mask. 

• Love 5

I think they truly don't realize that people want the codenames for identity protection purposes on comms and not just as some badass names to go along with a mask. 

Yeah, I think so too. If masked superheroes existed IRL, and they were in any way competent, they would have INTERNAL codenames for comms and missions that wouldn't even be their superhero names. And those codenames would probably change mission to mission because rule 101 of special ops comms is CODE.

I don't expect that from superhero TV because, hi, confusing. But this thing they believe in -- that Wendy proved in that interview -- that codename = mask + being out in the field is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

I'll never stop repeating: SMALLVILLE DID THIS BETTER, ARROW.

• Love 9

It's a really badly written line and doesn't scan grammatically. Sometimes when I hear lines like that on the show, I give the writers the benefit of the doubt and think maybe the actor just muffed the wording a bit...I'll just go ahead and give the actors the benefit of the doubt going forward.

• Love 3

From the geniuses that brought us "I don't want to be a woman you love"...

What's wrong with that one? I'm speaking from a grammatical and semantic point of view.

If we're bitching, I hate the overuse of "I" instead of "me". It's overcorrecting and just wrong. I can't pinpoint an exact quote but I do know it has happened multiple times and was delivered by multiple characters.

• Love 1

What's wrong with that one? I'm speaking from a grammatical and semantic point of view.

It's not grammatically incorrect, it's just purple prose. The several different dialog lines about Oliver's bones are in the same vein too.

"I don't wanna be loved by you" or "I don't want you to love me" sound like real dialog. "I don't want to be a woman that you love", especially since Felicity was using repetition of "a woman" to make a point... it just sounds juvenile.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1

I really didn't mind that one much since it connected to a woman he used to love (Sara) and a woman he is supposed to love (Thea), and how he was throwing his chips in with Malcolm after what he had done to the both of them.

• Love 3
What's the dynamic between Laurel/Black Canary and Oliver/Green Arrow, going to be like this season?

More friendly and close – but only after they go through a rough patch.

I guess Oliver is going to be pissed about Laurel digging up and pitting Sara.  I see that MG answered this question, so I'm guessing it will amount to nothing because he oversells everything ever.  How often are we left asking "What was that moment MG was talking about in this episode??  Did that happen??" 

Edited to fix reading comprehension FAIL.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 4

LOLiver people are already taking the comic preview as evidence that Oliver is totes turned on by badass BC and will be dumping Felicity for Laurel any day now.  The delusion is hilarious.  I actually think that the writers would just ignore the awful relationship backstory and try to put them back together, but the anti-chem is totally unfixable.  Even back in S1 when SA was still trying it was just bad.

• Love 4